AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-13, 08:54   Link #24361
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
See? The problem solves itself, if you know where to look. :3
Yeah.

Quote:
I figured something like that, yes.
I see. :3

Quote:
Quite a lot... Imagine the next grail war, Nanoha becomes a master for the sole purpose of summoning her sister.

Khrack spawned by Khrack. And delicious Khrack at that.
But there is no next Grail Wa---

--OMG.

Yes Khrack spawned by Khrack leading to even more dangerous Khrack...

Quote:
In my opinion every ren'ai game deserves a harem ending, unlocked after you finished all the characters routes.
To be honest... The OC timeline is a thinly disguised harem ending, what with Fate's decision to "share" (as written by Aaron) and each of Kha's choices all still retaining some form of affection, like Hayate's side glances and eagerness whenever Kha has time to visit, Keroko's looking extremely worried as the Cleric takes off to battle the Necron, Nanoha's curious words as she ponders her future and wonders if there's room for Vivio, Sophia and Teana's reconciliation...

*RUNS*

Quote:
Or nerf Syn's. Boy is she going to hate me for that one...
Don't forget the Syn fanboys. I doubt they'd like that as well.

Quote:
Something like this. I'm on that level as well.

That aside, hero pwnage does exist in 40K. Characters like Abandon aside, bringing in your Shas-o while your Fire Warriors keep them pinned and going in with Cycling Ion Blasters can tear them apart, after which your Fire Warriors start mopping up the remainders. Just remember to make sure you have Markerlight networks and watch as your Fire Warriors suddenly tear even the hardy Space Marines appart with BS 5 shots.
I'm still new to Hybrid forces, but considering what I was thinking, this might just be viable, if I have room.

On the other hand, yes there's the likes of Nanoha, and a few of them, and maybe jealous ones since the girls get all the attention.

And then, there's the everyday heroes. Like Shas'O Ka, who only works when his boys pull a Fish of Fury so that he can leap at the Pegasus tearing them apart. The StrikerS, the forgotten ones.

Quote:
Best way to do that is to nerf the Necron. Most of their awesomness is exagerated anyways. True, a Necron Lord does make a Necron Army vastly more dangerous (especially when propperly equiped), but you're already throwing in hero units then.

But really, not all Necron can pull themselves together in the middle of a battle. for one, another Necron unit needs to be close. Necron only repair on a roll of 4-6, giving them a 50% chance of recovery. On a roll of 1-3, the Necron is removed and doesn't get another chance. Also, a Necron destroyed in close combat by a weapon that does not allow an armor save (and I think a lot of magical weapons count as that) or a Necron destroyed by a weapon who's strength is twice the toughness (think Siege type attacks like Divine Buster, even one of Subaru's level and the like) do not get a chance to repair, unless with a ressurection orb.

You see? Necron aren't as nerf-worthy as they apear.
They are just incredibly hard to kill off, but they don't hit as hard? I could work with that.

But yeah, once we get to the Lord and the Wanderer himself... It's the job of a Grand Meister. Just as powerful, just as rare.
Old 2008-05-13, 09:38   Link #24362
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
But there is no next Grail Wa---

--OMG.

Yes Khrack spawned by Khrack leading to even more dangerous Khrack...
Deshou? Deshou?

Quote:
To be honest... The OC timeline is a thinly disguised harem ending, what with Fate's decision to "share" (as written by Aaron) and each of Kha's choices all still retaining some form of affection, like Hayate's side glances and eagerness whenever Kha has time to visit, Keroko's looking extremely worried as the Cleric takes off to battle the Necron, Nanoha's curious words as she ponders her future and wonders if there's room for Vivio, Sophia and Teana's reconciliation...

*RUNS*
Oh yes, I remember.

Quote:
Don't forget the Syn fanboys. I doubt they'd like that as well.
Oh, I'm not worried about the fanboys. I can handle fanboys.

Besides, as Konata would say 'flat chested is a status symbol'.

Quote:
I'm still new to Hybrid forces, but considering what I was thinking, this might just be viable, if I have room.
Hybrid? Having Fire Warriors is pretty much a standard move when playing Tau in 40K though. And you always have a Shas-O in a powersuit. Well... unless you choose an Ethereal as your HQ.

Quote:
They are just incredibly hard to kill off, but they don't hit as hard? I could work with that.
Hmm, well Necron can hit hard, their main disadvantage is that their units are expensive. Even a normal Warrior costs 18 points, while a Tau Fire Warrior is only 10, and the Tau get superior weaponry to boot. In OC-terms that means that the TSAB would have the advantage of numbers against the Necron. Combine that with weapons that won't allow a save (Belkan powered weapons) and weapons with twice as much strength as the targets toughness (Divine Buster go!) and the fact that the TSAB simply outspeeds the Necron units and you see the TSAB standing more and more of a chance.

Most of the times I kill Necron armies by dancing around them. Gauss Flayers have 24 Inch reach, my Pulse Rifles 30. Using that reach to my advantage I can hold them off, the big pain comes when the other player starts Deep Striking. >_<

Quote:
But yeah, once we get to the Lord and the Wanderer himself... It's the job of a Grand Meister. Just as powerful, just as rare.
Exactly. Hero battles are meant to be fought by heroes.
Old 2008-05-13, 10:40   Link #24363
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Best way to do that is to nerf the Necron. Most of their awesomness is exagerated anyways. True, a Necron Lord does make a Necron Army vastly more dangerous (especially when propperly equiped), but you're already throwing in hero units then.

But really, not all Necron can pull themselves together in the middle of a battle. for one, another Necron unit needs to be close. Necron only repair on a roll of 4-6, giving them a 50% chance of recovery. On a roll of 1-3, the Necron is removed and doesn't get another chance. Also, a Necron destroyed in close combat by a weapon that does not allow an armor save (and I think a lot of magical weapons count as that) or a Necron destroyed by a weapon who's strength is twice the toughness (think Siege type attacks like Divine Buster, even one of Subaru's level and the like) do not get a chance to repair, unless with a ressurection orb.

You see? Necron aren't as nerf-worthy as they apear.
As a former Necron player I can say that the resurrection orb can really change the tide of battle, and the deployment of "lol monolith" can ruin a person's day, considering it's a Deep Striking tank that can land right in the middle of an army then spew gauss fire everywhere as well as teleport units right next to it.

With a properly outfitted army, the best response to get from your opponent is "GODDAMNIT WHY ARE YOU NOT DEAD YET?!"

To which: "lol :3"

The Necron's gauss fire isn't as supreme as Tau pulse rifles, but I do like how even a lowly Warrior can blow up the largest of tanks (with good rolls). Also, a roll of 6 to wound causes 1 wound regardless of toughness. I've killed many through this rule, particularly heroes. Necrons are, however, very slow. Also, Phase Out will be the big way of winning against Necrons.

Unless the rules have changed. It's been a long time since I've picked up the Necron codex.

Also, Nightbringer. He instilled the instinct to fear death in all living beings :3
Old 2008-05-13, 10:58   Link #24364
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No kidding, especially when a lot of units are clustered together Orb of Resurection makes you want to bite your rulebook. 'lol monolith' is lol indeed. Armour value 14 on all sides, no way to blindside, living metal, six shots on a target (nine if you position it right) and so on and so on. Seriously, 235 points is not nearly enough for such a monster. Best tactic in my experience is ignoring the monster and mowing down the grunts, getting a Phase Out victory.

And yes, Nightbringer. I remember throwing Keroko-chan at him once. She ran, though, which is probably for the best.
Old 2008-05-13, 11:04   Link #24365
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Just for fun, you should have your characters battle Pariahs.

Soulless, fun stats, Fearless, and Warscythes FTW.

Too bad they're so damn specialized they can't be used against most armies. Though I did carve up Terminators real good :3.
Old 2008-05-13, 12:10   Link #24366
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

@Keroko: Me likes Angelic Layer khrack. MOAR!

Recent activities, looking for a premise/story before jumping anywhere. *goes back to wracking brain for ideas* *mentally curses PF for cliffhangers*
Old 2008-05-13, 12:24   Link #24367
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
As a former Necron player I can say that the resurrection orb can really change the tide of battle, and the deployment of "lol monolith" can ruin a person's day, considering it's a Deep Striking tank that can land right in the middle of an army then spew gauss fire everywhere as well as teleport units right next to it.

With a properly outfitted army, the best response to get from your opponent is "GODDAMNIT WHY ARE YOU NOT DEAD YET?!"

To which: "lol :3"

The Necron's gauss fire isn't as supreme as Tau pulse rifles, but I do like how even a lowly Warrior can blow up the largest of tanks (with good rolls). Also, a roll of 6 to wound causes 1 wound regardless of toughness. I've killed many through this rule, particularly heroes. Necrons are, however, very slow. Also, Phase Out will be the big way of winning against Necrons.

Unless the rules have changed. It's been a long time since I've picked up the Necron codex.

Also, Nightbringer. He instilled the instinct to fear death in all living beings :3
Funny story about good and lucky rolls and good tactics:

I play Space Marines, and I had an assault squad in one turn engage a monolith in close combat, in it's front door. I managed to hit it, and although I had failed to destroy it, I had managed to immobilize it, with my squad in the front door :3

Following turn, the idiot tries to use the deep strike rule of the Monolith, with a warrior squad that had the lord attached....you can probably guessed what happened...especially since my assault marines were at the front door.

To other OC related things, opening scene of RF6 chpt 12 will be full of some good Vivio/Syn goodness
Old 2008-05-13, 13:33   Link #24368
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I looked it up. The knife is typically pronounced "K-bar", but is spelt "Ka-bar". I pwns you.
Silly Kha

Quote:
That's right. She's having hawt yuri sexxor with micloned Meltran pairotto.
Wha...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Meh I prefer the Colonization era myself more hooks and areas for OC adventuring, I acutally have OCs in that era already and OC ships (and thousands and thousands of words of fluff)! I think the 35th Galaxy Deep Patrol Fleet and the 7th Special Operations Group of VF-17s, 22s, 19s, 11s, and VAB-2s might be slightly out of place in 2009 though…

That said this gives me and idea... Macross OC thread?! Spread teh madness for the lulz!
YES!! FOR THE LULZ!!!

Quote:
Think WoW Orcs. The ones with brains, familiar physiology, and speak of the Lok'Thar. But now in space. I prefer these Orcs to the Space Orks. And Thrall is awesome. FOR THE HORDE! :3
Did someone say...Orcs in Space?

*RUNS*

Quote:
With the Frozen Heart.
So would she be a 25 or a 40-man raid boss?

Quote:
I think both are frost-spec'd actually, just that while Rein is a true Mage, the Belka Discipline tree for Confessors included choices for magical specialization like warriors do.
I suppose. Though given some of Hayate's spells I thought she was more Arcane spec'd

Quote:
0_0 Holy damn. For me, its when I got a spot for Gruul's it didn't drop when it dropped for other raids.
We just have weird token drops. We'll get like 12 Mage/Lock/Hunter token, 5 Pally/Rogue/Shammy and then 1 Warrior/Priest/Druid token. It really irks me that the Mages/Locks/Hunter are already going for second tokens when barely 1/3 of Priest/Warriors have their 1st ones

Quote:
Though given the mess we've created, I'd call it Warcraft Galaxies.

Quote:
Or nerf Syn's. Boy is she going to hate me for that one...
Since when does that attribute ever need to be nerfed?

*RUNS*

Quote:
Besides, as Konata would say 'flat chested is a status symbol'.
DFC!!!! DFC!!!

*RUNS AT LUDICROUS SPEED*
Old 2008-05-13, 13:42   Link #24369
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
I'm getting tired of how gay he is for 40k and how he just throws things in wily-nily without bothering to try and make them fit in the Nanoverse. I fucking NERFED Chief! MASTER CHIEF! NERFED! So that he would FIT!

That and at times he has no commonsense and doesn't seem to grasp that this is NOT 40k, this is Nanoha.

Then again, I'm reminded of the words of a Taiwanese legislator who succintly described Singaporean Chinese as "idiots."
Dude, although yes Kha can be weird, come on, this is Kha we're talking about. Sure he's a little out of his mind, but that's one of the many things that makes Kha who he is :3

His khrack is random and usually unprecedented, which makes it all that much more amusing, even if it is a little unorthodox.
Old 2008-05-13, 15:11   Link #24370
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
@Keroko: Me likes Angelic Layer khrack. MOAR!
Can do. I was messing around with color paterns for the Barrier Jacket.

Spoiler:

Dunno... I think red is still the best one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Funny story about good and lucky rolls and good tactics:

I play Space Marines, and I had an assault squad in one turn engage a monolith in close combat, in it's front door. I managed to hit it, and although I had failed to destroy it, I had managed to immobilize it, with my squad in the front door :3

Following turn, the idiot tries to use the deep strike rule of the Monolith, with a warrior squad that had the lord attached....you can probably guessed what happened...especially since my assault marines were at the front door.
... he fumbled his role, and the Monolith, squad and lord all go on a happy tumble in the Warp.

Either that, or you slaughtered them on the turn they weren't allowed to do anything.

Though I'm more suprised that you even allowed him to Deep Strike in the first place, since his Monolith was already on the field. Then again, given the results... <_<

Quote:
To other OC related things, opening scene of RF6 chpt 12 will be full of some good Vivio/Syn goodness
Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Did someone say...Orcs in Space?

*RUNS*
Keroko: .... That was horrible.
Tesla: Truly awfull.
Syn: I want seven minutes of my life back.

Quote:
So would she be a 25 or a 40-man raid boss?
Serverwide event-raid.

Quote:
Dude, although yes Kha can be weird, come on, this is Kha we're talking about. Sure he's a little out of his mind, but that's one of the many things that makes Kha who he is :3

His khrack is random and usually unprecedented, which makes it all that much more amusing, even if it is a little unorthodox.
Bah, Kha may throw in some whacked out ideas at times, but there have also been many times where he threw in crazy ideas and people went 'wait... that actually make sense!'

His cleric knights aren't all that far-fetched for example, concidering the Saint Church has been stated to worship the Seiou (seriously, 7Arcs keeps throwing 40K references at us, don't blame us if we use them) and it is the largest religion out there, and we know they have their own mages.
Old 2008-05-13, 15:16   Link #24371
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
... he fumbled his role, and the Monolith, squad and lord all go on a happy tumble in the Warp.

Either that, or you slaughtered them on the turn they weren't allowed to do anything.

Though I'm more suprised that you even allowed him to Deep Strike in the first place, since his Monolith was already on the field. Then again, given the results... <_<
Actually no. The rule is, if you attempt to Deep Strike, and there is something obstructing your area of deep striking, you start losing models :3

There was no room whatsoever for the Warriors or Lord to fit, because of the rule that they must be within 2 inches of the door. But since I'm in front of the door....they die :3
Old 2008-05-13, 15:32   Link #24372
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh wait, so you mean the warriors and the Lord were in reserve? Misread that part, I thought they were already on the field and he wanted to teleport using the Deep Strike rule.

Impossible, I know, but people try it when they're in trouble.

Though I have seen someone fail his Deep Strike roll and lose his Monolith (in the old days, rolling a double 1 on your Deep Strike roll meant that the teleporting units got themselves killed in the warp ). We had a good laugh over that one. :3
Old 2008-05-13, 15:33   Link #24373
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
How about Orcs in Space 2 instead?

*RUNS*

Quote:
Serverwide event-raid.
Oh good luck trying to coordinate THAT
Old 2008-05-13, 15:42   Link #24374
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Oh wait, so you mean the warriors and the Lord were in reserve? Misread that part, I thought they were already on the field and he wanted to teleport using the Deep Strike rule.

Impossible, I know, but people try it when they're in trouble.

Though I have seen someone fail his Deep Strike roll and lose his Monolith (in the old days, rolling a double 1 on your Deep Strike roll meant that the teleporting units got themselves killed in the warp ). We had a good laugh over that one. :3
Oh no no. Both the squad and the Monolith were on the board.

This form of deep striking is as if you were dismounting from a vehicle you were riding in.

And I'm using 4th Ed rules btw, so that means if you have no room to get out of the door, the rule is that the unit is destroyed, since the rule requires dismounting units to be within 2 inches of an access point :3

The Monolith is capable of taking a squad, that could be somewhere else on the board, and allow them to be teleported, with the exit point being the front door of the Monolith :3
Old 2008-05-13, 15:51   Link #24375
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

*me kicks his Internet browser many, many times*

Well, I WAS going to present a breaker of eight pages worth, but Firefox is a piece of shit right now - it's bugged so if you close it, the recovery function doesn't work!

Therefore, I have only my complaint and not enough time to break now...*sigh*

I'll do it tomorrow, and hope I can remember all my witticisms till then.

*me storms off, still pummeling Firefox*

EDIT: And suddenly I try the new BETA version, and it works fine...T_T...a BETA VERSION works better than the MAIN VERSION...@$^%&*(*^&&#...
Old 2008-05-13, 16:34   Link #24376
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Besides, Kha, your analogy is wrong. You're thinking of an entire service going rogue. What the Bureau people are more worried about is their versions of SEALs or Delta Force or Rangers or Green Berets going rogue.
Which given the power differential would indeed be quite bad... Still a little faith in the armed forces members would be nice. =/

Quote:
Indeed. That's why by the time the OC Macross Project is finished, you'll STILL be stuck with standard colors. *evil smirk*
Yeah, but you've also declared he'll be alive so kinda balances out.

Quote:
Well yeah, the Colonization Era does have more hooks and mecha to play with, but I haven't seen 7 in its entirity and quite frankly I'm not sure I want to try and rebuilt it. :P So we go with Macross instead.
Seven? Tch I basiclly junked seven the only thing from seven I used was the basic premise of lots of colony fleets running around and some of the background. Other then that I ignored seven as much as humanly possible… Plus since the galaxy is big and unexplored you can make lots of neat shit up too. (which seems to be the MO of the canon writing staff anyway...)

Quote:
...Macross OC thread??! Spreading madness for the lulz?

YES! WE! CAN!
With the power of crack there's NOTHING we can't do!

Quote:
But lemme finish this first. (Incidentally, Heavy Hitters is a tentative name for TK's squadron. And no idea of TK's charecter name yet.)
*shrugs* Could just use my real one: Robert Ryan IV.(No one in my family is good with names... )

That said Squadron leader sweet; I wonder who gets put under me for me to boss around. Though hopefully this goes better then last time I was put in charge of an armed force...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3522952/...iving_Fangirls

But hey SOME of the VIP survived! I still call it a success!

Quote:
YES!! FOR THE LULZ!!!
Indeed we must spread the dise--- Relgi--- HOBBY to other fandoms... yessssss.

Quote:
Can do. I was messing around with color paterns for the Barrier Jacket.

Spoiler:

Dunno... I think red is still the best one.
I'd tend to agree myself though calling dibs on a character just to kind of morph her into a minor aspect of an existing OC seems a bit weak, but just ignore my nit picking if you think it works.

Quote:
Felix: You lots crap detectors apparently need work I knew it was shit and turned it off at 30 seconds.
Pixy: Seriously you all need to learn to stop giving things a chance and always assume the worst then bail as quickly as possible…
Cipher: More logically though was the theme song (though I use that term only in the most liberal sense) not enough of a tip off as to what you were in for?

Quote:
Bah, Kha may throw in some whacked out ideas at times, but there have also been many times where he threw in crazy ideas and people went 'wait... that actually make sense!'
Such events are VERY rare and rather outweighed by the number of times we're forced to reign in his excesses.

Quote:
His cleric knights aren't all that far-fetched for example, concidering the Saint Church has been stated to worship the Seiou (seriously, 7Arcs keeps throwing 40K references at us, don't blame us if we use them)
This isn't even CLOSE to a 40k reference IMO it's a Christian reference. (they also worship an ancient messianic figure that the feel was divine). 40k also uses some extremely vaugely Christian elements but so dose about 50,000 other pieces of fiction the connection is EXTREMELY tenuous at best and you're really only defending it cause you happen to like 40k. I don't even really mind it that much, but it's when this imported 40k crap starts to overtake and overrun actual canon that I start to roll my eyes. All this crap that seems to be leading toward turning the fall of Belka into the frikkin Horus Heresy for instance inspires intense loathing in me.

Quote:
and it is the largest religion out there, and we know they have their own mages.
Knights of the church yeah no issue there knights of the church using here to unseen holy powers to fight also unseen demons and having started out descending from a bunch of genetically engineered cloned super soldiers... not so much. I got no issue with the church having Knights my problem is more with the fact these knights barely even vaugely resemble actual canon Belkan Knights and are instead modeled off of bloody space marines.

Quote:

Oh good luck trying to coordinate THAT
Shout "LOL ZERG RUSH!!!" and hope for the best...

Old 2008-05-13, 16:37   Link #24377
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
*Temporarily decloaks and Pauses Backlog Breaker Charge*

*does EPIC STOP SIGN to stop all the WH40K talk*

Did I just hear Angelic Layer Crack?

Spoiler for Last Lines of the Latest Chapter of Saint X's Angelic Layer Fic:

*Takes out EPIC GO SIGN to resume the WH40K talk*

*Resumes Backlog Breaker Charge and recloaks*

Last edited by Saint X; 2008-05-13 at 16:54.
Old 2008-05-13, 17:04   Link #24378
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I'd tend to agree myself though calling dibs on a character just to kind of morph her into a minor aspect of an existing OC seems a bit weak, but just ignore my nit picking if you think it works.
Side question: Have you ever watched Angelic Layer?

Anyway, its more then a minor aspect. Like I said, Syn is still a virtually blank paper. Sure, I wrote down a profile for Alpha, but that was based on events as they happened in Alpha. This also changed her combat style (going from a defensive oriented melee specialist to an offensive one with high mobillity).

It may apear weak on a surface level, but this does mean that stuff will get written with her. If I simply copy/paste, she'll end up like the Rogues at best, and Mandy at worst.

Quote:
Felix: You lots crap detectors apparently need work I knew it was shit and turned it off at 30 seconds.
Pixy: Seriously you all need to learn to stop giving things a chance and always assume the worst then bail as quickly as possible…
Cipher: More logically though was the theme song (though I use that term only in the most liberal sense) not enough of a tip off as to what you were in for?

Keroko-kun:
I actually watched it because I've watched other Oxhorn productions, which were quite good. But there's always a rotten apple around I suppose.

Quote:
Such events are VERY rare and rather outweighed by the number of times we're forced to reign in his excesses.
Those times were hardly as common back when though. In fact... if I recall things started going downhill with the arival of Gurren Lagann... that's when the hotblood craze started.

Quote:
This isn't even CLOSE to a 40k reference IMO it's a Christian reference. (they also worship an ancient messianic figure that the feel was divine). 40k also uses some extremely vaugely Christian elements but so dose about 50,000 other pieces of fiction the connection is EXTREMELY tenuous at best and you're really only defending it cause you happen to like 40k.
It was more of a side comment, really. Anyway, with Vivio and her 'golden throne' in the Cradle and all, it just set of alarm bells and we made a few links and laughed at the craziness. As always, things move on from there. You have to remember that crack was as common as dirt back then, and we were much more liberal with our references.

Quote:
I don't even really mind it that much, but it's when this imported 40k crap starts to overtake and overrun actual canon that I start to roll my eyes. All this crap that seems to be leading toward turning the fall of Belka into the frikkin Horus Heresy for instance inspires intense loathing in me.
And that's why there are other people writing their versions of the fall of Belka. How exactly the Seiou died and the Cradle got lost are still unknown factors, so really anything is possible.

My version will only have acts of betrayal portrayed (which one technically can say aren't exactly connections ), there won't be any 'daemons' or the like present. It doesn't fit into the story I've written.

Quote:
Knights of the church yeah no issue there knights of the church using here to unseen holy powers to fight also unseen demons and having started out descending from a bunch of genetically engineered cloned super soldiers... not so much. I got no issue with the church having Knights my problem is more with the fact these knights barely even vaugely resemble actual canon Belkan Knights and are instead modeled off of bloody space marines.
*shrug* true about the later parts, though the holy powers can be explained as simply being another form of magic, which the knights refuse to believe are not of their divine guardians.

Quote:
Shout "LOL ZERG RUSH!!!" and hope for the best...
Knowing what happens if you say that... makes me fear for my freshly rolled Pally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
*Temporarily decloaks and Pauses Backlog Breaker Charge*

*does EPIC STOP SIGN to stop all the WH40K talk*

Did I just hear Angelic Layer Crack?

Spoiler for Last Lines of the Latest Chapter of Saint X's Angelic Layer Fic:

*Takes out EPIC GO SIGN to resume the WH40K talk*

*Resumes Backlog Breaker Charge and recloaks*
... This does nothing to quell my mind filled with the various storylines of Keroko's insertion into Angelic Layer. Not that that's a bad thing.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-13 at 17:49.
Old 2008-05-13, 17:43   Link #24379
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:

Great profile, only two 'buts' from me.

First, Subaru and Ginga also use mini-cartridges, and Teana probably does as well, so we know they aren't exactly custom made. I'd say give her regular acces to them.
Those were minis? I couldn't tell really, seeing as they're hidden... Easily fixed.

Quote:

Second... now this is probably just me, but from the way I'm reading this it looks as if you're writing C-rank mages of as being virtually useless, barely able to create magical bullets.

It's probably just me, and you were really talking about Abby though.
Nah, just her. Crash is a C rank, and has more power easily. Abby's barely magical, just like Fox. She gets by on extremely awesome (GODLIKE!) shooting skills.
Old 2008-05-13, 17:51   Link #24380
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I come to the OC in search of help. Now I'm sure most of you don't remember Rune Juril my OC (Unless you frequent the IRC and I said anything about her...) but I WANT to finish her I just... Can't decide on what kind of weapon I want her to have. :P

Originally I planned a swallow blade. 'Till I began to think its:
A. Hard to imagine how to fight with one for me
B. Where in the world does the cartridge sit without being in a very awkward position?
C. On that same note, where would the core be? Since its a Midchildan made device and all

So I began to plan other ideas:
1. Swallow blade
2. Katana
3. Sword/gun combo (So yes two devices)
4. Gunblade (Suggested by someone else )

Open to suggestions but I prefer a blade of some sort due to her friendship with Signum and helping Vivio with her own swordsmanship.