AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-12, 14:42   Link #2121
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Oh right, EU seems so small in the scene, but they have 2 of the best teams.
Old 2012-05-12, 15:19   Link #2122
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Oh right, EU seems so small in the scene, but they have 2 of the best teams.
M5 were invited as well but since they just stomped on TSM yesterday in the Corsair Vengeance Cup, they said,"NAWWW we give you chance to win your own tourney." /jk

EDIT: And TSM loses in their own tourney to Na'vi. Oh well it's double elimination, so they might still be able to claw their way out of the loser's bracket tomorrow.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2012-05-12 at 15:33.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 16:15   Link #2123
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Na'vi are in it !!. I'm primarly a DOTA player, so seeing Na'vi being in it brings a lot of joy to me (One of the best DOTA teams). M5 so strong, poor TSM
Old 2012-05-13, 18:00   Link #2124
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

After watching VoDs of Curse's invitational, can't say I'm not too surprised at the results of Epik vs Curse. I've always felt that Curse's teamfighting was rather weak, and it showed in game 2 where Epik was eking out ahead by one kill in teamfights, despite Curse being ahead in gold. And that last teamfight of game 2 really shows how well they communicate, with unstoppable using his CC then the two APs turning that instant to burst one target down, where they would've died otherwise because they were so low health.

Kinda funny, dem Janna ults in game 1. Poor taric got beat up on so bad.

So yeah, Epik IMO looking strong right now. Wingsofdeath was such a good pickup, considering he plays some of the same champions Salce does. Which means the enemy doesn't know till last minute who's going mid and who's going top, as Epik can run double AP now.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 18:12   Link #2125
Cream

I don't know why they put crumbzz on lee sin, i watch him stream all the time because i like learning he generally points out the goods and bads of what people do(etcetc). Hes been playing lee sin as of recently but has been missing so many q's and he even said it himself that leesin isnt his strong point at the moment.

But either way , epik has this tourny in the bag. I'm feeling really confident that they'll even beat CLG.

Anyways , if i had to pick top 4 NA as of now it'd be : 1. Epik
2. CLG
3.Dig(Haven't seen them much but i'm sure they'll still dominate)
4.TSM

btw , i'm not really sure who Na'Vi are ; have i been out of the European loop or something? Last i remembered CLG EU and M5 dominated the European scene...
Old 2012-05-14, 05:11   Link #2126
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

EU always had way more competitive teams than NA. Navi only recently moved into the spotlight but it's a really strong team.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 05:58   Link #2127
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So Epik is TSM 2nd team?
Dignitas I would say that they are weaker then TSM, but other then that think you are correct.
I thought EU isn't that involved with the LoL competitive scene, I know they are involved heavily in DOTA2 though.
Old 2012-05-14, 18:09   Link #2128
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Alright, so after 180 wins I finally joined the ranked solo queue. Boy, what a mess. I can't say I've been very succesful thus far. In fact, quite the opposite is the case. I've had 11 wins and 16 losses so far and have fallen back to 948 elo. I have to say though, that a lot of the people I have encountered in ranked games are actually worse than what I usually deal with in normal ones. I mean I've seen the most fabulous things, from two guys top and one solo bot to just outright feeding to the point that you really start to wonder if it's intentional.

I'm not blaming all my losses on poor team mates, though. The problem is, that I can only really play top, mid and jungle well. AD carry and support are jobs I have next to no experience in. It's unfortunate that often times I'm last to pick my champ and therefore have to play support, which I just outright can't play (yet). I lack the runes and experience. Now if I say that I cannot play a support champ, I usually just get ignored. Obviously if I fail in the game, people start their obligatory flaming anyway.

There really should be a system which allowed players to pick the role(s) they want to play before the get matched up with other players, so that everyone is already bound to one role. If I have to play support although I'm not very good at it. I lose. If I get to play top, mid, jungle, I, well, I sometimes win. While I don't want to blame everything on others, sometimes it's really not my fault. I know how to do my job, unless it's the wrong job I'm doing. I mean this screenshot says it all.

I mean, I could get experienced in playing the bot lane, but to me, it's just not as much fun. I'll probably stay around that elo for a long time . . . just wanted to share my experience.
Old 2012-05-15, 00:10   Link #2129
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Bot lane is the most active lane early game and skillshot champs dominate it. True supports are pretty hard to play (i.e. hoarding gp5 gear, buying a boot and spending all of your money on wards) with 0 cs and kills. The easiest ones to get started with are Sona and Taric, you just focus on keeping some auras up and try to stay alive in teamfights.

OTOH you can play a tough caster instead, like Morgana or Nautilus and essentially run three tough champs or aggressive supports like Leona (nRated plays this one particularly well).

Quote:
I'll probably stay around that elo for a long time
The lower your ELO, the more you gain per victory. Don't let it get to you, I've lost games because one person sucked and started a surrender poll...and my idiot mateys voted yes although we were ahead in map control and kills.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 05:22   Link #2130
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

If anyone watched the SK vs M5 match, what did they think about it? I think SK were making up excuses for loosing 4v5. They are both good teams was enjoyable. Saw on PC gamer the new graphical updates for LoL too check it out.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/15/le...aphics-update/
The shop keeper is awesome
Old 2012-05-15, 05:38   Link #2131
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Farewell mystic pig merchant...I missed the match, had work to do. Please post if it comes out in decent quality
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 11:40   Link #2132
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I will post the link to the game when it is up on Kaostv. It was just insane how M5 play
Old 2012-05-15, 18:32   Link #2133
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So free week champs to be removed from usable solo/duo queue ranked:
Quote:
Ranked Games are about trying hard and competing to the best of your ability. Meanwhile, Free-to-Play champions let you try out a new champion and see if you like it. These are really conflicting goals, so we wanted to investigate disabling the Free-to-Play rotation for Ranked Solo/Duo Queue.

We found some interesting statistics:
  • If a player on your team is fielding a champion he doesn’t own, you’re 8% more likely to lose the game.
  • A teammate fielding a champion he doesn’t own is 62% more likely to leave the game.
  • If a player in your game is fielding a champion he doesn’t own, the game is 34% more likely to result in a player being reported.
That’s a big deal in such a competitive environment, so we’re making a change to keep the Ranked Solo/Duo Queue as competitive as possible. We’re removing the option to select champions you haven’t unlocked in the Ranked Solo/Duo Queue as of May 22nd. If you have a champion unlocked and it’s on the Free-to-Play rotation, you can still play that champion.

We’re leaving the Free-to-Play rotation intact for Normal Games because they fit with the spirit of Free-to-Play champions. In Ranked Teams, your teammates should already be aware of your intentions to play a champion you don’t own, so we want to leave you that option.
Interesting and probably the right choice.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 18:37   Link #2134
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Yeah, I agree with that decision, good move. I also like how Riot are thinking always about the competitive scene.
Another great change :

Will post that M5 match when I can too
Old 2012-05-15, 19:25   Link #2135
Cream

My god , the graphic changes will work beautiful wonders on my gameplay. Every team fight i drop from 30 to like 15 and it's the worst lol.

But yeah , it's really nice for people to go into ranked games knowing how to play all roles . The worst role to play is jungler because if you end up losing or a lane loses it's always your fault because you couldn't have been everywhere on the map and it sucks being blamed for it ; but whatever.

EU honestly has really good teams , i remember one of the first major tournaments(Dreahack i think) AAA and Fnatic were dominating and then they kinda fell off. Seems to be the same with M5 so far , then again M5 seems to troll a lot lol. I'm a really big fan of CLG.EU though , i love wickd so much.

P.S - 3(or 2) hours from now should be another Epik vs Curse for ESL pro. Curious what Curse has to offer now since their defeat but don't think it'll have too many good plays. People with lack of sleep and non-interest at the moment because of their new addiction to D3.
Old 2012-05-16, 00:55   Link #2136
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Regardless of D3, 10k still tuned in to the Epik vs Curse ESL pro match. Which again had Epik win the set, but at the cost of game 1 by Curse controlling the laning phase.

Which is why I think Epik is strong, as they're very good teamfighting. But during the laning phase, they look a wee bit passive, and seem to only look to farm for most of the time. So teams like M5 or especially the Korean meta where aggressive laning is their key to success, I think Epik will have major problems there. They're good, but untested against anything but the NA meta.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 05:23   Link #2137
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I don't think M5 will fall off to be honest. They get a lot of help from DOTA M5 team and there manager is a ex DOTA. AAA on the other hand I didn't see them fall off I still think they are pretty good.
Old 2012-05-16, 08:15   Link #2138
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Curious - what is the most ridiculous comeback you guys have ever been in?

Try this one.

My team - Miss Fortune/Morph/Corki/Soraka/Teemo
Enemy Team - Varus/Olaf/Gangplank/Kennen/Sejuani

Now you would think the enemy team would win this easy, right? Definitely the better lineup, right?

I was stuck at top with the fail Mord. Neither team had a jungler. Mord fed Olaf and Varus in top so bad that at 20 minutes, the entire top lane was completely gone while the other 2 lanes were still intact....

35 minutes in, we have no base left except for the Nexus...At this point, Mord is 2-11, Corki is about 10-8, Soraka 2-7, Teemo 1-1 because he flees from team fights every time and I'm about 6-4. Varus just won't die, Kennen and Sejuani take the heat while he lives along with Plank.

Then things get weird...I keep living, Plank starts dying and Varus keeps having to flee, but we can't push properly because no base left....

55 minutes in we start acing them...we are finally able to take some stuff out...

70 mins in, after both sides have killed Baron twice and Varus FINALLY dies because only I can harm him, we FINALLY get a group push and win. My final score 21-5-14, kill streak of 11. I have no idea how that became a win...Mord made me die on the inside with how he ramboed and Teemo was a super coward. It ended up being a case of Soraka keeping Corki and I topped up while Mord took the heat. Was the most bizzare match I've ever been in. Olaf was stunned, Varus was fuming, Plank was utterly impressed since he reached legendary mid-game then turned into a beatstick.

Most bizarre game I've ever been in...that should have been a loss...how it wasn't...beats me.
Old 2012-05-16, 08:25   Link #2139
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Most ridiculous would probably be this:
My team - Me as Kayle/Mundo/Alistar/Blitzcrank/Gangplank
Enemy team - Twitch/Vayne/Janna/Irelia/Kennen

I was jungling against the twitch, at around 10 mins, we were down 0-8 deaths at 15 mins we were down 2-15 pretty bad. Luckily I was getting super farmed. The rest of my team wern't and seeing as we are all pretty much a tanky ass team, we are going to suck it team fights. At 20 mins I had around 180 cs highest in the game by around 60, I was going mad . The score was pretty much the same still 3-18 not too good for us, untill the first baron fight!
Me as kayle I had a PD and ionic spark. This is a normal so I was just getting fun items. Kennen was miss positioned, Blitzcrank gets the pull we murder kennen, then vayne comes in she gets murdered none of us below half health. However Janna and Twitch come in and clean up everyone apart from me and Mundo. They pick up the baron.

It was now 5-21 pretty poor. Luckily I was still farming up I don't remember how much cs I had but it was 35 minutes into the game. I had double PD and Ionic spark with a BF sword. The enemy team still pushing mid on our Inhib, we all dive them, me picking up the Quadra and near a penta, was hilarous. Score now was 10-22. Only Alistar died, We started to dominate after that as we all had 3K+ hp Gangplank and me were doing the most damage. At the end of the game I had 530 creep score, Overall score was 15-22 and I had 11 of those kills. Was pretty awesome. We shouldn't of won, to be honest we were really lucky that Kennen was always badly position and didn't once use his Zhonya's.

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2012-05-16 at 08:36.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 18:23   Link #2140
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

It happened months ago now before I was level 30, but it was a match as Cait that lasted 1 hr, and 15 minutes, we were defending just the nexus for a good 20 minutes at least... with the final score was us[won] 83 / 100 / 83, them[lost] 98 / 86 / 72; Item wise because it lasted so long I got berserker boots, bloodthrister, phantom dancer, madred's, trinity force, and infinite edge... + about 7 of each elixir[I didn't get madred's and trinity force til after I was sitting on gold for them instantly after I finished my original build I had gotten SoTD to kill Jax, but match kept going...] also all turrets were dead at the dead end for both sides lol and I went 22/21/10 + 401 minion kills , I also got three triple kills, and two aces during this madness of a match, and killed anyone on their team in 3~5 seconds flat due to my item build.

I don't remember the exact team comps or how many barons were gotten, they had kayle, jax, and cass though and we had me, super fed trist and don't remember.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol