AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-10, 00:08   Link #1
_X12A_Testament

Best episode line-up!!!!

I want to re-watch GSD, but since there is so much filler I am wondering what is everyone's BEST EPISODE LINE-UPU!!!!!!

I don't know mine, hence making the thread. I am thining like 10 episodes, give or take a few. Lets face it, there are many episodes that are worthless

what is your line-up to get the best of all GSD !!!!????

edit: dang, admin, i should put a [GSD] in the title, but I can't edit that. I need your help...
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 00:12   Link #2
4Tran

You're not going to like my choices, but my six favorite episodes are 6, 26, 36, 44, 45, and 47. "Meer" might well be one of my all-time favorite Gundam episodes.

I suppose my choices deserve some explanation:

Episode 6
The closing scene has the image of Junius 7 falling with Kira in the foreground. This is easily my favorite visual imagery in all of Gundam - sometimes, a picture really can say a thousand words.

Episode 26
The irony of Lacus pretending to be Meer pretending to be Lacus is simply too much to resist. I especially liked the fact that they didn't take themselves all that seriously in this episode.

Episode 36
Athrun's desperate appeal to Meer and her subsequent rejection make for great drama. Add Meer's insistence that she was Lacus, and it turned her from a throwaway character to one that is all too easy to relate to.

Episode 44
Lacus' speech is simply one of the best ones I have encountered in anime. Unlike most great speeches, it didn't dwell on convoluted logic or dramatic dialogue to deliver its impact. Instead it simply raised questions and instilled the seed of doubt. I really wish that more shows would emulate this kind of writing.

Episode 45
For me, Cagalli's removal of her ring culminated her character arc. This was the point that she understood the sacrifices she need to make in order to fulfill her duty. In my mind, this makes up for all of the stupid things she did, and turns her from a useless puppet into a potentially great leader.

Episode 47
"Meer" is simply a great character study. Even though the new animation was minimal and it covered much the same events we already witnessed, it provided the kind of insight into a character rarely seen in a Gundam show. As an added bonus, it also told us a lot about Lacus as well. A most unGundam episode, but very well done nonetheless.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2006-01-10 at 00:47. Reason: Added reasons.
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 00:21   Link #3
FogHog

ep. 1 and 2.
FogHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 00:26   Link #4
polar720

from 28 through 34 maybe, I thought those were pretty good. For other Gundams, the final part of MSG was just amazing, I loved the Laila vs. Camille episodes in Zeta, and the ZZ colony drop was ingeniuos, imo. The ending to Victory was also really well done, and the episodes leading into the battle between Kira and Athrun in SEED.
polar720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 08:36   Link #5
crystar
*yawns*

May as well write my choices.

Episode 6: One of my favourite endings to an episode ever. The first part I liked was the interaction between Yzak, Dearka and Athrun. At this point in the series, I didn't really mind watching Athrun pwn his opponents and his team play with Yzak was awesome. Second part was the reappearance of Kira (and Lacus.. although I don't like Lacus much so it didn't really matter to me either way). In this point of the series I doubt anyone really cared if we saw Kira here and there (unless you're one of those hardcore Kira-haters). The ending to the episode is one of (or perhaps is) my favourite endings to an episode. I was squealing IRL after this episode (wanting more).

Episode 8: We get to see Murrue and Waltfeld again. Kira and Athrun meet up. Kira actually talks a bit. The highlight for me was Kira and Shinn meeting at the end of this episode. I like the whole idea of new cast meeting old cast (long as it is done well), or at least having some sort of interaction. I was kinda annoyed later on that Kira and co. were more or less kept seperate to Shinn and co. (with the exception of Athrun)

Episode 32: Stellar was the only GSD female I liked so I was kinda sad after her death scene. Can't really explain it well, but I liked this episode. The only dumb thing was Sting blowing up thousands of feet in the air and magically surviving it.

Episode 34: Shinn did well in this episode. I was impressed. I was waiting for a Shinn vs Kira battle all the while, so I'm glad it finally came. Only wished the battle was longer.

If you told me to write the episodes I liked for Seed, it would be 4 times the size of this list I would think. Although I did like episode 1 of GSD too. But that's probably cause it's episode 1. I was excited of the start of this new series. A number of episodes I would mark as "okay" or "decent". And a number of episodes I would mark as extremely boring and not worth my time.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 08:48   Link #6
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

ep 6, 32, 34
same reasons as above posters

ep 39
makes me all-nostalgic with Gundam Wing. ("Ahh, its a Gundam!" boom)

ep 42-43
I like the 2nd gen suits duking it out the first time
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 14:34   Link #7
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

i liked 1-12 good character interaction,action battles,DEVELOPMENT,and looked promising,well looked promising.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 14:41   Link #8
tetsuo69

ep. 1 and 2.

the same as foghog..
Old 2006-01-10, 21:57   Link #9
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

1-3
Basically starts the series. Really nice action in my opinion.

Sets the arc for the rest of the series

Minerva's first sea battle. Nice action.

22/23
Ep. 13-21 weren't that great. Battle of Gulnahan didn't really do anything for the series. Archangel's launch wasn't that spectular. Episode 23 was a good and nice battle blah, blah, blah, etc., etc., etc.,

27/28
By far one of my favorite episodes.

Basically what makes Shinn wanna kill Kira even more

Kira finally is defeated, Archangel vs. Minerva showdown

Shinn becomes Dullindal's pony. Explains how Athrun got saved so no need for episode 36 to be watched.

42/43
Battle of Orb. Archangel vs. Minerva. Djibril escapes. Blah,blah,blah, etc., etc., etc.,

Caps off the series. Episode 49 was a waste of time for me. Djibril was just a wasted character so you don't need to watch episode 44. Meer's death didn't do anything except make Lacus show a scary face.

Obviously this is waaaay more than 10 episodes
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 02:16   Link #10
moshun

my favorite ep was 42, when kira came in for the rescue and they started playing vestige
moshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 02:16   Link #11
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

episode 8 junction XD!!!!
Kiss scene of Asucaga ^^''
(sorry everyone I am mad)
kandidasama is offline   Reply With Quote