AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-21, 13:05   Link #6821
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
In actuality, Taketsuki has dropped quite a few hints about the King of the End's identity. Godou himself has spoken his name, if my theory is correct.

Spoiler for King of the End:
Woow that really explains a lot, I think you just hit the jackpot so letīs wait and see if itīs actually this guy.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 13:05   Link #6822
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave_digger View Post
well that's pretty true, godou is more or less capable but he pretty weak against trick type and long battle.(like with alec he just dodge and dodge coz he didn't really try to defeat godou).BTW his skill with ama no murakumo in vol 13 can be used repeatedly right ? not one time skill ? and i still wonder why he didn't get an authority against lancelot.

8th godslayer eh,personally i would have godou to stand his own first until the birth of the next godslayer.he seem wild which i welcomed coz there is no wild godslayer yet (only in looks,all godslayer is wild ).i wonder if he have some connection to lady aisha.
Well, personally I think that Godou is never (at least during the length of the novels story) stand on his own - he might get more used to long battle's, but he will still need his harem companions help - at least that's what I assume the author wanted to portray, by giving Godou such restrictive authorities and while those restrictions are going to be lessened a little bit, once Godou starts gaining new authorities ... so far, Taketsuki hasn't been very generous in that regard - but, it's most likely caused by the fact that he wants Godou to undergo some characther developments first, before making him ... a little stronger then Godou currently is.

@Endscape

Yep, that makes a lot of sense ... we will see, if the author has a similar idea, as you ... in the next few volumes.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 13:07   Link #6823
XFire
150% done

Quote:
In actuality, Taketsuki has dropped quite a few hints about the King of the End's identity. Godou himself has spoken his name, if my theory is correct.

I think you struck gold, my friend.

Spoiler for spoiler:

I think you've got it.
Old 2013-05-21, 13:30   Link #6824
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave_digger View Post
and i still wonder why he didn't get an authority against lancelot.
Just to clarify. You don't get why the author doesn't want to give Godou new authorities and comes up for reasons for him not to get one OR did you not understand why Godou didn't get in story the authority of Lancelot.

Quote:
A very good theory but one question. Does he also have some connection to bows?
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 14:12   Link #6825
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ I think it's a very good guess as well, although part of me feels like the author might go for a slightly more well-known diety, but instead tie in a mythological connection that isn't currently linked in popular culture. He's taken liberties in this regard before so I don't see him stopping now.

My speculation is that it'll be either both/or Gilgamesh/Enkidu as together they possess the attributes of "King" and "Defier of Tyrants" (fighting against the tyranny of Devil Kings). Gilgamesh often draws parallels as perhaps originators to both 1) Achilles and 2) Jason in the first instance as an invincible god-like hero that mourns the death of a close comrade and undertakes an epic journey ala the Argonautika.

As for links to swords and bows, I believe the original tales have Gilgamesh using both, he has a "bow of anshan" and the axe "Might of Heroes" but the tales has him primarily wielding a sword when he slays the various foes he encounters.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "King of the End" is the continuation of the story of Gilgamesh, where immortality is attained but weariness kicks in as the years go by, because "longevity diminishes life's joys" y'know!

(although I wouldn't be surprised that you're right considering the more I read about Batraz..)
Old 2013-05-21, 14:27   Link #6826
bludvein

Batraz is a pretty obscure mythological figure, although his story does sort of fit to a scary degree. The only problem I can see is his link with the Argonauts is pretty shaky.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 17:30   Link #6827
Yami no Ou
まおう

@Endscape thats a pretty legit theory you have there,it seems like he's the one,well let's just wait for vol 14 to confirm it
Old 2013-05-21, 18:28   Link #6828
The Green One

Godou is already plenty powerful as he is, I'm sure lots of us would like to see new authorities to see some new stuff, but it's a delicate dance to give Godou new powers without making him completely overpowered and unstoppable for story drama sake not to mention making his harem's battle abilities irrelevant and diminishing their characters.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 19:49   Link #6829
bludvein

New powers wouldn't necessarily make Godou more powerful, just versatile. The main thing holding the author back imo, is that extra powers would make the harem less useful. Currently their biggest showings are covering for Godou when he can't use a power for whatever reason(usually against a weak opponent). An authority without restrictions would make those situations less of a threat to Godou.

That and he hasn't even completely mastered the 10 incarnations yet. He has a solid understanding of it, but he comes up with something new pretty much every volume. He also isn't even close to mastering the technique Athena left him, and now he has something from Circe as well.

He really doesn't need another authority right now. He has enough on his plate to figure out already. Didn't Alec take like several years to master his divine speed properly? Godou's authority is much more complex by comparison.
Old 2013-05-21, 22:21   Link #6830
Chris38

^

True, mastering 10 different forms of Verethragna's autority + the powers that Godou gained from Athena and Circe + improving his skills in using Ama no Tsuragi is definitely going to take some time.

Still, before that ... Godou would probably need to gain the motivation to improve those ... abilties, which hasn't occurred yet

After all, while Godou's understanding of his authorities ... definitely increases in each volume, due to all the gods, and other things that he is "forced" to defeat, I think the pace of this process, would definitely improve, if Godou had even a little interest, in his life as a Campione - which definitely improves, compared to the start of the novels, but I don't think that it has reached a level, where Godou would actually try to improve the "abnormality" that his body has.
Old 2013-05-21, 22:23   Link #6831
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
New powers wouldn't necessarily make Godou more powerful, just versatile. The main thing holding the author back imo, is that extra powers would make the harem less useful. Currently their biggest showings are covering for Godou when he can't use a power for whatever reason(usually against a weak opponent). An authority without restrictions would make those situations less of a threat to Godou.

That and he hasn't even completely mastered the 10 incarnations yet. He has a solid understanding of it, but he comes up with something new pretty much every volume. He also isn't even close to mastering the technique Athena left him, and now he has something from Circe as well.

He really doesn't need another authority right now. He has enough on his plate to figure out already. Didn't Alec take like several years to master his divine speed properly? Godou's authority is much more complex by comparison.
Alec spent 2 or 3 years mastering Black Lighting and still has some restrictions and side efects he can fully control. I think Godou will have to wait a few centuries to reach the level of control Voban or Lu Hao have over their Authorities.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 23:28   Link #6832
bludvein

Godou doesn't really need "motivation" though, at least to improve his control over his authority. That will happen naturally with experience. Training is supposedly useless according to Pandora.

If Godou has 1 thing going for him (or not, according to your POV) its that he is getting a crap load of experience in a relatively short period of time. Which is why his control is relatively advanced considering he has only been a campione for like a year.

If you mean the motivation to actually track down opponents, thats a different story. I doubt Godou will ever do that. He is just different in that regard. He likes to fight, but its not a goal in and of itself for him. He's not like Salvatore. More like a relaxed version of Alec imo, fighting when threatened but otherwise just doing whatever occurs to him.
Old 2013-05-21, 23:38   Link #6833
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Training is not going to help at all if you consider training his authority. Its not going to help none whatsoever, but using it over and over you'll at least develop some unique ways to use it despite it not changing in power or consumption.

I think what many are saying is that a Campione is like a body pool of magical power so Godou should at least learn magic. A simple toothpick snapping spell resulted in him destroying a full size tree.

Its a good alternative of his authority since they became unusable after usage and sometimes have a recoil effect on them. Magic will allow him to fight at least Divine Beasts, it makes no sense to waste authorities on them. Despite that Ena, Erica, Liliana, and Yuri themselves don't stand a chance against a above average Divine Beast so Godou as Man (sense he keeps going on and on about having good values as a man) should protect the women he loves.

Also, thread been relatively quiet despite the new volume is coming out in 2 days. I expected a lot of speculation. Usually this thread is packed like a ant hill.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 23:43   Link #6834
The Green One

The problem is Godou seems to have no real talent in magic. All he really has is a magical capacity from being a Campione that no mortal could ever hope to match. Perhaps he could learn some magic if he had a few decades of heavy training to compensate for his lack of talent but we're not going to be following his exploits that long so it seems like there's very little point to me.
Old 2013-05-21, 23:56   Link #6835
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
The problem is Godou seems to have no real talent in magic. All he really has is a magical capacity from being a Campione that no mortal could ever hope to match. Perhaps he could learn some magic if he had a few decades of heavy training to compensate for his lack of talent but we're not going to be following his exploits that long so it seems like there's very little point to me.
I doubt that it would take that long. If he puts effort in it he wouldn't need that much time. A month of so, even basic magic would be very potent.

If teaching Godou magic would take that long. I expect the author would write a short story of Liliana and Erica's both prodigies of magic showing their frustrations at him like Liliana and Erica to tiger claw gripping Godou's head with an evil aura along with a small smile. Would make a funny story if you think about it.
Old 2013-05-22, 00:00   Link #6836
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I doubt that it would take that long. If he puts effort in it he wouldn't need that much time. A month of so, even basic magic would be very potent.

If teaching Godou magic would take that long. I expect the author would write a short story of Liliana and Erica's both prodigies of magic showing their frustrations at him like Liliana and Erica to tiger claw gripping Godou's head with an evil aura along with a small smile. Would make a funny story if you think about it.
You're basing the bold on what exactly? The incident with the toothpick spell shows that he's not inclined toward magical ability. All he managed to put out was a burst of destructive power that missed it's target completely and put out way more power then he intended. The story just hasn't shown any evidence or even a hint that he has talent in that direction. Not that learning magic would be a bad thing though.
Old 2013-05-22, 00:03   Link #6837
Chris38

Quote:
Except that I think, that Godou doesn't need talent to learn a few magic spells. Just his disposition as a Campione and some motivation to learn magic should be enough for Godou to achieve some results.

After all, there hasn't been a detailed summary of how magic works in the universe of Campione ... but it has been mentioned that all the types of normal mages that exist in this novel, can be treated as an imitation of a Campione (something like that, has been mentioned in the prologue of the first volume) ... which, makes me think that it's a lot easier for a Campione to learn how to effectively use magic, compared to a normal person, provided that he (or she) has enough motivation to learn it.
Old 2013-05-22, 00:06   Link #6838
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
You're basing the bold on what exactly? The incident with the toothpick spell shows that he's not inclined toward magical ability. All he managed to put out a burst of destructive power that missed it's target completely and put out way more power then he intended. The story just hasn't shown any evidence or even a hint that he has talent in that direction. Not that learning magic would be a bad thing though.
Usually I have evidence, but sadly I don't have any evidence this time around. Though if you want evidence, its kind of pointed out already by destructive power.

Pure speculation. Having destruction power doesn't necessarily mean he does have talent in magic, but it doesn't say the opposite either. Having power means there is a mean to control it. How long it would take is the question or the discussion is about.

Just pointing out a couple things such as having excellent Magic users around as well an entire organization to help in Japan. He has the resources to help him, plenty and top grade help if you ask me if he ever decided to go there. Luo Hao has shown to use Martial Arts and some Magic and so have Alec. Every person is different, but it does show hardwork does pay off. Alec is from the same generation of Godou, so its not impossible.

Also, got to go its 1:00 am and my girlfriend wants to go to sleep as well despite watching the Housewives all day.
Old 2013-05-22, 00:08   Link #6839
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Except that I think, that Godou doesn't need talent to learn a few magic spells. Just his disposition as a Campione and some motivation to learn magic should be enough for Godou to achieve some results.

After all, there hasn't been a detailed summary of how magic works in the universe of Campione ... but it has been mentioned that all the types of normal mages that exist in this novel, can be treated as an imitation of a Campione (something like that, has been mentioned in the prologue of the first volume) ... which, makes me think that it's a lot easier for a Campione to learn how to effectively use magic, compared to a normal person, provided that he (or she) has enough motivation to learn it.
I quote the following from Volume 13 Chapter 7

Namely, the magic itself that had turned these incarnations into Circe's possessions.

Normally, Godou was not capable of sensing that vague and ambiguous presence. Just as Erica described, he was a man with zero talent in magic.

Godou talent toward magic is on a VERY situational basis usually in regard to his authorities and things affecting his authorities only. This is more from the instinctual understanding of his power. Regular magic in the world of Campione is a thing of finesse and control, not just something you can get by with by pumping raw power into it.
Old 2013-05-22, 00:13   Link #6840
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Doni says otherwise about this theory
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem