AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-16, 16:13   Link #421
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I still hope ep. 13 would be about Yuuko. It would be stupid to give 2 eps for Tomoe or make it some filler IMHO
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 05:24   Link #422
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

So episode 11 was another enjoyable episode. Rina was so cute, especially when she asked Kazuya to cast the healing magic to her. Plus the drawing and "For Maeda-san only" lines the other club members wrote on the board at the end of the episode, I love details like those

My complaint would be it was too fast for Rina to believes and attach to Kazuya. Rina was barely interact on the first 4 introduction chapters and she already believed Kazuya wasn't the one who took picture of the girls from her class when he was the guy who (accidentally, I admit) groped her breast But after that it progressed quite nicely and well-paced considering the one-episode limit.

The confession is also very nice, probably my second favorite. My top was Hikari's confession, even if it was only an indirect one Little bit disappointed they didn't insert another one of my favorite line on Rina arc when Kazuya showed Rina his picture on the Photography Club show case.
Spoiler for Dialogues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
I think now, there is enough evidence to support that
Spoiler:
based off of Yunoki's perception of her, being able to see her through her stealth mode and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
?

I didn't know this was a question, to be honest - to me it seemed obvious. But then, I have been out of the loop in this thread for a while.
It's been so obvious on the latest obvious. I mean Alice talked like you-know-who for a moment there

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
It seems Kazuya's main skill is shooting photo. He uses it please girls, instead using the guitar.
Before photography, on middle school Kazuya was into other hobbies such as billiard, darts, and playing guitar, but he didn't take it seriously and stop half-way. Guitar is the one he gave up in the shortest time, only played it for 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly, that's why on the game and manga he was trying to avoid playing it when Rina asked him to.

Oh he did all those to make him look cool to the girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I notice Photokano uses several similar idea.

Images
theme park dating
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
guess game from each heroine
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Since I haven't played Amagami I didn't know. But yeah, the date events on main story are took place between theme park, public pool, or the beach.

As for guessing game, every girls do have it, some has it on their main event but mostly it's happen on sub events. You will get an option to guess which girl it was (they usually changed the tone of their voice but in most case you will be able to know who it is), their reaction will be different depending on your answer. For example when it was Aki and you guess Kanon or Mai, the dialogue will be something along these lines:
A: "Why did you think I'm your little sister?"
K: "Because she was the only one I could think to play this kind of prank to me."
A: "I see."
K: "And also, the slight pressure I felt on my back."
A:" Huh?..... Ah, AH! How rude! No matter how small mine is, but it's definitely bigger than the first year's!..... Maybe."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I still hope ep. 13 would be about Yuuko. It would be stupid to give 2 eps for Tomoe or make it some filler IMHO
TBS official site already listed this is only 12 episodes:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/eng/programsale...photokano.html

The possibility for OVA or bonus episode on DVD/BD isn't zero yet, so they may give Kanon, Ruu, Momoko, and/or Yuuko episode there.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:26   Link #423
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well I finally got round to watching episode 11 which I suppose wasn't bad (for it's standards anyway). In fact the last few episodes haven't been that bad except I can't really put my finger and what's good about them, leading me to feel a little bit disappointed with all the character arcs so far except for Haruka (I mean aside from my usual disappointment). And no, that isn't the reason why. Haruka's arc had at least a lot of drama going for it, but all the other arcs have felt so pedestrian in comparison. Basically, the MC meets the girl, they do some stuff, stuff generally works out without much hassle and then it's happily ever after. I guess it's more..."slice of life"-ish? Except I'd much rather it do some drama because then I don't feel like its suffocating me with the pandering.

Here's hoping there'll be some drama in that bungaku shoujo girl's arc. It seems pretty ripe for it.

Although I don't know why I should even bother since I still think this show sucks anyway.

I'll give this show one piece of credit though: when I found out the stealth photographer girl was the same person as the idol girl, I loled pretty hard.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 06:50   Link #424
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Sample tracks for the character song album "Through The Camera" is available to be listened: http://t.co/q6y4hHuiku

Since I'm having leisure time, here's the original dialogues of what this scene supposed to be on the game

Spoiler for Karaage on the cleavage; sub-event of Rina and Kanon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Haruka's arc had at least a lot of drama going for it, but all the other arcs have felt so pedestrian in comparison. Basically, the MC meets the girl, they do some stuff, stuff generally works out without much hassle and then it's happily ever after. I guess it's more..."slice of life"-ish? Except I'd much rather it do some drama because then I don't feel like its suffocating me with the pandering.
Again, that pattern you said are what usually happen on love sims genre. Unlike visual novel, love sims rarely have an unique or heavy plot but they mainly focus of the more free interaction player control between us player, or in the anime the MC, and the girl. On Photo Kano case, that would be to choose what topic to talk to before maxing affection to some point to access the next part of the girl's next main event, showing pictures you took, and asking the girl to go home together. But I do agree that in that regard, the anime failed to show those interactions due to 1 episode per girl limitation.

As for drama, on the game the choice of the club will determine the story version you'll get. Join Photo Club then you'll get Story L(ove) which its main event was more serious, drama-like while if you chose Photography Club you'll get Story H(appy) which has a love comedy approach and hardly any drama on its main events. The anime however took the liberty to mash-up the two stories, but since Kazuya joins Photography Club here the parts of story H version are more dominant, except maybe for Haruka and Hikari arc.

For comparison, here are some of the dramas on the game's story L have:
Spoiler for Wall of text, no spoiler I guess since we've passed all these:

Quote:
Here's hoping there'll be some drama in that bungaku shoujo girl's arc. It seems pretty ripe for it.
There should be a drama for Tomoe route if it stays true to the game. But then again unlike the 6 previous girls who have 2 story variants depending which club MC chose, Tomoe only has 1 story, and the official site has its summary:
Quote:
「あなたに伝えなきゃいけないことがあるの。」孤独な瞳で深角友恵に一也が告げられたのは、友恵が終業式後 に転校してしまうという事実だった・・・。ショックを受ける一也だったが、一つ一つの思い出を写真に残そう と提案する。そうして徐々に心を開いていった友恵は、学校の皆に転校の事実を告げることを決心する。しかし 光陰矢の如し、お別れの日がいよいよ迫ってくる-。カメラに事実を変えることはできない。それでも、一瞬一 瞬を切り取るカメラが変えてくれる運命がある。「ファインダーの向こうの君に、恋をした」-。

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano...j.html#story12
Spoiler for Comment of the summary above, contain spoiler:
Old 2013-06-20, 13:21   Link #425
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

We harem now

And damn, TBS fooled us, there's still an episode left.
Spoiler for next week:
Old 2013-06-20, 16:08   Link #426
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
snip
Just so you know, whilst I do appreciate the info, you don't need to humour me: I'm just a grumpy SOB that knew what I was in for but still bitches about it. I'm not worth that much effort.
Old 2013-06-20, 18:23   Link #427
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
We harem now

And damn, TBS fooled us, there's still an episode left.
Spoiler for next week:
Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!!! This pleases my imouto fetish. Didn't expect her to get her own episode.
Old 2013-06-20, 21:55   Link #428
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Second volume of BD/DVD will come out on July 26th for 7350 yen (BD) and 6300 yen (DVD).
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/20035055.html

Some bonuses you'll get:
1. Exclusive DLC for Muroto Aki and Kurebayashi Katsumi for Photo Kano Kiss
2. Special ED Theme: "Smile F First Year and Third Year Version" sung by Hisako Kanemoto, Mizuhara Kaori, Mariya Ise, and Nakahara Mai.
3. Episode guide booklet
4. Special audio commentary by casts (CV of Uchida, Nakagawa, and Azuma)
5. Special jacket case
6. Picture label

The DLC are these two:

Quote:
Just so you know, whilst I do appreciate the info, you don't need to humour me: I'm just a grumpy SOB that knew what I was in for but still bitches about it. I'm not worth that much effort.
Nah, it's okay, maybe it will be useful for other user too, I was having free time after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!!! This pleases my imouto fetish. Didn't expect her to get her own episode.
Now we just need sensei OVA
Old 2013-06-20, 22:01   Link #429
Freeter
beyond

Once again, Miyuki Sawashiro voices the best character. The heck was up with that ending though?

Kanon story as the final? My Yosuga sense is tingling
Old 2013-06-21, 03:18   Link #430
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

They did NOT add another episode while I wasn't looking and fully turn this into a poor Amagami clone. It didn't happen.
Old 2013-06-21, 07:22   Link #431
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Awww ... I really liked that ep. In many ways my fave of the single eps. Tomoe is sweeter than I expected her to be.

Have I mentioned that I also really like the ED and the method of the girl focused on singing it in full during the last seven eps?

Quote:
D'awww ... you are so endearing when you get all taciturn and "Tolkien dwarf-like" though!
Old 2013-06-21, 12:17   Link #432
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

F**k the imouto. And sensei ep is not needed(she has abnormal boobs and thats all). I need my Yuuko ep!!!
Old 2013-06-21, 14:06   Link #433
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
F**k the imouto.
Do you mean that literally or figuratively?

Quote:
D'awww ... you are so endearing when you get all taciturn and "Tolkien dwarf-like" though!
Oi!
Old 2013-06-21, 14:37   Link #434
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man there's no Uchida ep! Did she have a route in the game?
Old 2013-06-21, 15:02   Link #435
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Spoiler for Episode 12:
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 15:06   Link #436
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Do you mean that literally or figuratively?
))). Imotos in Enterbrain date-sims don't meant for this.
Old 2013-06-21, 15:10   Link #437
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... for myself I must admit I would have liked it to be stretched out over 24 eps in the Amagami like style. I agree that it felt rushed.

But overall, I guess I have not really been "disappointed" with the series in general, but rather with individual eps - I thought Mai and Rina were kinda shortchanged, for example (especially since Mai was my fave chara after the first 4 eps/"general intro").

Quote:
...Oi!

Sorry, sorry....
Old 2013-06-21, 15:14   Link #438
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
re[;y

Quote:
Hmm ... for myself I must admit I would have liked it to be stretched out over 24 eps in the Amagami like style. I agree that it felt rushed.

But overall, I guess I have not really been "disappointed" with the series in general, but rather with individual eps - I thought Mai and Rina were kinda shortchanged, for example (especially since Mai was my fave chara after the first 4 eps/"general intro").

Sorry, sorry....
Yeah, I was personally looking forward to Aki and Mai myself...but creeper Kazuya made it harder to enjoy Aki while lack of "knowing" Mai made it the same for her.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 16:17   Link #439
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I don't like the latest episode...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 00:43   Link #440
molitar

The whole show felt too meh! If your going to cut it so short and rush it than make it more ecchi to at least do something for the show.. But as it was very little ecchi, very little drama, very little romance, very little character development. Nothing to draw you into any of the characters but the first one as she had 2 episodes to develop her a bit but not much.

I really don't think they knew what they were doing with this series at all.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high school, romance