AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-05, 07:07   Link #1
I<3Shana

Anime with Romance

I'm currently looking for anime similar to Fate/Stay Night and shakugan no shana.
I loved both those series and I am hoping to find more of the same type. Thanks.
Old 2007-03-05, 09:55   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Zero no Tsukaima
maybe Good Witch Of The West
Erementar Gerad
Mai-HiME
Old 2007-03-05, 15:06   Link #3
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Midori No Hibi
Zero no Tsukaima
Old 2007-03-05, 23:11   Link #4
Keirn

Busou Renkin is pretty good, its a series thats still airing, one episode 21 currently I think. Its comedy/action and romance, although the romance doesnt become evident for a little while
Old 2007-03-06, 01:45   Link #5
Duckinator

Definitely Zero no Tsukaima. The similarities between ZnT and SnS is so great. Even the Seiyus are pretty much the same.

Other romance Animes which I enjoyed:

Lamune (feels good watching it xP)
REC (not the greatest, but its short and sweet)
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase

One anime worth mentioning would be Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Unlike F/SN or SnS, the Anime is more of a Drama. It depicts the life of 3 friends, and their struggles between friendship, responsibility and love. A must watch =))
Old 2007-03-06, 03:21   Link #6
I<3Shana

ok. Thanks for the replies. =)
Old 2007-03-06, 05:13   Link #7
Shiuch

You have pretty same taste as me. Erementar Gerad and Zero no Tsukaima are a must watch for you.

And I suggest Utawarerumono too. Loved it as well.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=3427
Old 2007-03-08, 06:33   Link #8
I<3Shana

I enjoyed watching Erementar Gerad, but not as much as F/SN, and same for the others as well >.< Anyone can recommend me some more animes of this type?
Old 2007-03-08, 07:08   Link #9
jedinat

Elfen Lied
D.N. Angel
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Gunparade March

...I guess.
Old 2007-03-08, 11:56   Link #10
Kaasman
Forged by pure anime love

Send a message via MSN to Kaasman
I think you need to specify more because romance series ARE JUST TOO MUCH OF
Combine things like echhi /romance
And its hard to find series who give you the same touch as the ones you named and i speak out of experience
Old 2007-03-08, 16:03   Link #11
I<3Shana

Well, I'm mainly looking for animes which have a boy or a girl as the main character where they meet a person of the opposite sex, to fight (using swords, magic etc~). While also having some action, a develop in relationship (romance)between the 2 characters through the course of the anime, would make the story more interesting to watch. That's pretty much what I'm searching for at the moment.

eg. F/SN - shirou meets saber and fights to win the holy grail, and also loves each other throughout the anime
Shana- Yuji meets shana to kill the enemies, and also loves each other by the end of the anime.
Old 2007-03-08, 16:42   Link #12
LunarSun

maybe you should try melody of oblivion (i think i spelled it right)
Old 2007-03-09, 01:37   Link #13
Shiuch

Well, Utawarerumono has those categories you want, but it still has lot's of more things.. And the relationship goes further veeery slowly. And that's the reason I would want second season from it but.. No hope I think. And did you watch Zero no Tsukaima already? It doens't have so much Action in it as F/SN but the action is rendered with humour.

I think Mai-hime would fit for you too. But for me, it turned out as an excellent series after 14. episodes, so it goes further slowly. Just finished it myself and it's veery good imo! And the musics are just incredible. Downloaded the full soundtrack and there's more than 20-30 excellent songs in it. Musics by Yuki Kajiura, same person who made Erementar Gerads musics.
Old 2007-03-09, 03:13   Link #14
Duckinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Shana View Post
Well, I'm mainly looking for animes which have a boy or a girl as the main character where they meet a person of the opposite sex, to fight (using swords, magic etc~). While also having some action, a develop in relationship (romance)between the 2 characters through the course of the anime, would make the story more interesting to watch. That's pretty much what I'm searching for at the moment.

eg. F/SN - shirou meets saber and fights to win the holy grail, and also loves each other throughout the anime
Shana- Yuji meets shana to kill the enemies, and also loves each other by the end of the anime.
Lol, this was EXACTLY what I wanted in the beginning, and I was only able to find such specifications on 3 Animes unfortunately =/, which was Fate, Shana, and Zero no Tsukaima. You might like Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Same makers as Fate. I did not really like it personally though, but many other people have different opinions on it, citing it as a better Fate. Tsukuyomi Moon Phase had a similar impact, though wasn't as nice as those 3, plus some of the dumb comical moments (random dropping of pots) were absolutely ridiculous and overly used.

So just to let you know, such type of romance is pretty rare to come by imo. From then on, I moved on to other romance Animes, like Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien and Lamune.

There's another Anime however, that consist of no fighting, but there's similar stuff. It is Suzuka. Boy meets girl who is from Athletics (high jump instead of powers ^^), and decides to join the Track team after realising he has potential to excel in it (100m running instead of hidden powers ^^), and also to woo the girl. They fall in love =) I know the comparison isn't THAT great, but o well..

The Third is another anime that's similar to Shana.

Hitomi = Girl w/ Sword (like Shana, Girl w/ Sword)
Bogey = Guardian thingy in a tank (like Alastor, Guardian thingy in pendant)
Hitomi = Aurora eyes (i think), Shana = flaming eyes..

HOWEVER, romance isn't really there, there's a hint of it though. Its definitely worth watching however. Its like one of the best 'not well-known' anime out there =)
Old 2007-03-09, 03:14   Link #15
I<3Shana

Yea, I already watched most of them including:

-Mai-Hime
-Shana
-F/SN
-Erementar gerad
-Zero no Tsukaima
-Tsukihime
-Chrno Crusade

and also some others as well, so yea..i have watched a few others...just that I have finished watching them, and I want more to watch =p
Old 2007-03-09, 03:16   Link #16
I<3Shana

oo...ok Thanks for that Duckinator =O
Old 2007-03-09, 03:23   Link #17
Shiuch

Mmh. Maybe you should try Mai-Otome? If you watch it tell me what you liked. Because I still think you have pretty same taste as me.. And I haven't watched it my self yet, but have thought to watch it but no sure yet.. It just sounds weird to fit same character to other story. And if I got it right there's no Mai in there. That's one thing too what makes me doubt it should I watch or shouldn't I.
Old 2007-03-09, 03:25   Link #18
I<3Shana

lol, I watched Mai Otome, but I didn't really like it as much as Mai-Hime, but try it out to see for yourself, you might actually enjoy it =)
Old 2007-03-09, 03:31   Link #19
Shiuch

Alright.
Old 2007-03-10, 09:34   Link #20
I<3Shana

Anymore suggestions? =p
Closed Thread