Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-27, 18:22   Link #901
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Wait what ? When they fought against Amateratsu, they were not older than Utao
My bad, they were younger with that event.

Aki traumatic flashback vs. psycho robot flashback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Nah, I think you misunderstood his post. I think he was talking about whether if Kyouhei was around the same age of Utao or maybe even younger when he fought against Amateratsu.
Yes, I didn't misunderstand, but read it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I like to know too, because I thought it was Kyohei. Remember that the seki can see through the eyes of the kakashi. If it was not Utao lying on the ground, i reckon kukuri would just mow over the person. Utao was probably the only person he really cared for, after all the cr@p that happened in the village.
You could be right too and I wish they show some screen time for Utao, when she was younger back than (even during killer giant robot arc).
Old 2011-09-27, 18:25   Link #902
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Uh no. Where did you get that idea ? Utao can't open Kukuri's right hand when Kyouhei can. And Kyouhei did it when he was as young as Utao.
Utao hasn't had as much training. But she and her twin could control some Kakashi thingy from their womb - the reason behind their split for "balance" - and YOU SAW HOW SHE STOPPED KUKURI DEAD IN TRACK WHEN KYOHEI THE MASTER SEKI TILL THEN WAS CONTROLLING IT, DID YOU NOT? Kyohei even said it himself "That was goodbye between me and Kukuri". Not to mention she was even younger back then.

I never said Utao is already better, I only said the potential to be far better than any other seki is there and the show more than certainly implied that.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 18:59   Link #903
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Utao didn't stop Kukuri from stomping her. Kyohei did.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 19:01   Link #904
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Utao hasn't had as much training. But she and her twin could control some Kakashi thingy from their womb - the reason behind their split for "balance" - and YOU SAW HOW SHE STOPPED KUKURI DEAD IN TRACK WHEN KYOHEI THE MASTER SEKI TILL THEN WAS CONTROLLING IT, DID YOU NOT? Kyohei even said it himself "That was goodbye between me and Kukuri". Not to mention she was even younger back then.

I never said Utao is already better, I only said the potential to be far better than any other seki is there and the show more than certainly implied that.
Yet kyohei took over kukuri and she couldn't do shit about it.
Same as aki taking over kuramitsuha again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Utao didn't stop Kukuri from stomping her. Kyohei did.
Seems that way to me to.

It seems that people consider them prodigy or so just because there was some reaction in womb, imo its over estimating them.
Kohei more or less resigned himself as he didn't want to turn into another aki. Rewatch the ep of his past, where he says himself that he was afraid of that power. Even at the end of ep 13 you can see him in a "mad powerfull state" while he says that he didn't feel that power for a long time.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 19:59   Link #905
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Satisfied with the end, even though there are still a lot of questions. Best part was when Kyouhei grabbed Hibino and said she was in in his dream but ended up with the real thing. Hope there will be a sequel. They set it up like there would be, but we never with these things.
Old 2011-09-27, 20:04   Link #906
Dralha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I'm really gonna miss Utao's many facial expressions and the odd nasally noises she makes.
LOL Ditto. Utao made the show, but the rest was ok, too. I hope it gets a second season.
Old 2011-09-27, 20:49   Link #907
Kataryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Now lets all hope for some manga scanlator to pick up the manga and translate it asap (as it seems kinda on hiatus atm).

All we know is that shit hits the fan when they get back with kukuri for a fix to the village. But still its better to read all dialogues than just summary and raws.
THANK YOU SOMEONE THAT UNDERSTANDS ME!

I asked the current scanlation group that is on "hiatus" they say they are still working on it. Although lately they've been releasing a few chapters from other mangas so I don't see why they aren't working on it.
Kataryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 21:49   Link #908
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well after finishing it yea so need another season of it give some yet to answer & what might happen next.

also needed more face reaction especially utao's face reaction.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 21:51   Link #909
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
THANK YOU SOMEONE THAT UNDERSTANDS ME!

I asked the current scanlation group that is on "hiatus" they say they are still working on it. Although lately they've been releasing a few chapters from other mangas so I don't see why they aren't working on it.
The scanlator here. Not all our projects have the same translator, that's why we can release some things and not other things. We weren't used to a fast release schedule for Kamisama Dolls because the demand wasn't as high, but now that the anime has garnered a lot of fans the demand has increased exponentially and we weren't ready to answer the demand. The translator for Kamisama Dolls had other priorities, so we weren't able to release at a steady pace. Things should be picking up soon though, now that I have two translators on it.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 23:28   Link #910
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How the heck will Kukuri beat the 4-legged monster without arms, especially the arm that can absorb and throw back attacks.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 23:29   Link #911
Candyshark

So you gonna leave me like that with all these questions swirling in my head!!

Defenetly didn't expect much from the show huge surprise. But episode 7 and 10 left huge impression on me. Good work on characters kyouhei is neither righteous hero nor comlpete coward. Even though im not completely sold on Hibino i was glad she wasn't used just for fanservice tropes. To be honest i'm more interested how Mahiru and Utao characters will evolve.

Oh gosh if crap like Infinite Stratos sells hope this will do too. Need second season of Beamu Beamu Beamu!!
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 23:39   Link #912
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
How the heck will Kukuri beat the 4-legged monster without arms, especially the arm that can absorb and throw back attacks.
Beam spam? The eye was intact in the preview so it can still shoot
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 00:12   Link #913
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

I was a little suprise at how the producers chose to end it but it was still a good ending with a glimpse of what is to come. It was a very skillful adaptation, taking into consideration the difference in mediums. To paraphrase a certain movie, this is the "good parts" version. Bravo. I hope we see a second season, perhaps taking the FMA route and ending the same time as the manga.

Spoiler for Various things:

I now have a sudden urge to take the manga pages and reaarange them into the TV version.
Old 2011-09-28, 00:21   Link #914
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I like to know too, because I thought it was Kyohei. Remember that the seki can see through the eyes of the kakashi. If it was not Utao lying on the ground, i reckon kukuri would just mow over the person. Utao was probably the only person he really cared for, after all the cr@p that happened in the village.
I read (as in the manga) as Kyouhei stopping Kukuri. Utao is the one person in the village he really cares about and would not hurt. It took Utao arriving on the scene for Kyouhei to realized he had gone berserked and was about harm one of the few people he cares about. This all part of the reason he stopped being a Seki. He realized that if he cannot control himself, he can do great harm, especially to someone he cares about.

The scene loses its meaning if it was Utao who stopped Kukuri.
Old 2011-09-28, 00:35   Link #915
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Finale and series review:

I'm not sure if that preview counts as a massive tease or a really cool flourish, but it's interesting. For a conclusion so open-ended it was surprisingly satisfying - Brains Base chose to adapt very literally and stop right in the middle, yet they managed to choose a perfect spot to end. What a brilliant adaptation from an increasingly impressive studio.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 01:59   Link #916
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
How I remember this ending will basically depend on whether or not Kamisama Dolls gets a 2nd season, or some sort of conclusive follow-up anime adaptation (movie, OVA, whatever).

With one, Episode 13 is just about the perfect way to end "Season One", and hype people up for what comes next.

Without an anime continuation though, this ending will seem overly open-ended and inconclusive to me.

So Brains Base either already plans to adapt more Kamisama Dolls, or they're banking on commercial success leading into such a decision. It's good when an anime studio has this sort of confidence in what it's putting out there, but if they are gambling here, I hope their gamble pays off.

I will say that, putting aside the conclusiveness aspect, Episode 13 was a rock solid episode with good characterization, and believable plot movement. I particularly liked the shifting relationship dynamics at play here, all involving Kyohei (him and Hibino, him and Utao, him and Aki). Episode 13 does give some sense of finality in that I feel like Kyohei's character has matured a great deal from where he was at back at the start of Episode 1. It's certainly enough for a season ending episode, but a proper series ending episode would need to tie up much more of the main plot than this, so again I hope that there will be more Kamisama Dolls anime in the future.
Old 2011-09-28, 04:23   Link #917
Pacify

Definitely love to see the manga translated!

Easily my favourite series of the season, pity it was only 1-cour
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 06:06   Link #918
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post

It doesn't prove anything. We don't know if it's Kyouhei or Utao who stopped Kukuri. Futhermore, controlling the righ hand is not about training. Kyouhei has been the first one for century to control it. Kyouhei is described as the best seki and again, Utao is not able to control Kukuri's right hand.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 08:20   Link #919
LKK

Kamisama Dolls wasn't my favorite series of the season, but it was definitely the biggest surprise of the season for me. I almost didn't watch it. But because I have a CR subscription, I figured why not give it a try. After the first episode, I was so-so on it. But each episode grew on me more and more. I don't remember exactly which episode it was after, but I remember midway through the season saying to myself "Kamisama Dolls just got awesome!" I would love to have a second season, but even if we don't, this was a fun way to spend 13 weeks. I'm glad I gave this "almost didn't watch" show a try.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 10:27   Link #920
yourfriendrick

Kyouhei is something like what Ikari Shinji would have been like if Ikari Shinji had been given a chance to grow up a little.

I feel bad for Mahiru, though. She was annoying, but it wasn't really her fault that she had such a messed-up childhood. We can hope that she learns some maturity. (Also, I was under the impression that Mahiru's mental willpower was so great that she could throw little telekinetic beams. It would be interesting if she could do that even without a doll.)
yourfriendrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen