AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-11-15, 09:44   Link #2021
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Have you heard any humorous online references to this product yet? Obviously when I first saw commercials all I could think of was a certain longhaired bassist. But I couldn't find any commercial parodies, at least not on YouTube. Of course, I dunno if it's been released in Japan yet (Nico Douga would explode then).
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 14:38   Link #2022
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Have you heard any humorous online references to this product yet? Obviously when I first saw commercials all I could think of was a certain longhaired bassist. But I couldn't find any commercial parodies, at least not on YouTube. Of course, I dunno if it's been released in Japan yet (Nico Douga would explode then).
I'm certain Mio is fatally embarrassed at the narrative...
Old 2011-11-16, 23:09   Link #2023
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4015539.html

Lots of new products at the Kyoani shop with plenty of nice newly drawn art. Reminds me that a lot of these outfits that the K-On! girls wear are lovely. If only all anime studio artists would take the time to flip through some fashion magazines...
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 06:19   Link #2024
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4015539.html

Lots of new products at the Kyoani shop with plenty of nice newly drawn art. Reminds me that a lot of these outfits that the K-On! girls wear are lovely. If only all anime studio artists would take the time to flip through some fashion magazines...
Hopefully there would be someone who'll buy all of them and scan them
That Mugi/Nodoka pic reminded me of my customization in the PSP game. I got Mugi to wear Nodoka's glasses
Old 2011-11-19, 07:03   Link #2025
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

The news coming in is really starting to ramp up... (All from Anime News Network, newest first)

K-ON's Azusa Nakano Full-Graphic T-Shirt Offered
K-ON! Fair Snacks, More Offered at Lawson Stores
K-ON! Social Simulation Game Made for Japanese Phone
K-ON's 1-Meter-Tall Plush Deformed Yui Offered as Prize
Old 2011-11-26, 02:48   Link #2026
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I think I did this before last year, and here it is again. Statistics from a recent survey that shed some light in what gender watches what anime:

- The first graph shows the gender ratio of the fans of four popular late-night anime:
- Blue is male, red is female.
1. All people interviewed: 50% male, 50% female (1:1)
2. K-On!! : 63.2% male, 36.8% female (approx 6:4)
3. Kuroshitsuji II: 33.5% male, 66.5% female (approx 3:7)
4. Strike Witches 2: 89.9% male, 10.1% female (approx 9:1)
5. Puella Magi Madoka Magica: 71.1% male, 28.9% female (approx 7:3)

- The second graph talks about geographical locations where people watches what shows. As expected, Kanto region has the most viewers. K-On!! has more viewers in other region, which is probably because it had wider coverage than most late night anime(28 broadcast channels).

Heres some miscellaneous stuff:

- The first graph should be pretty self explanatory: Frequency by age of people who watches K-On!!, both male(blue) and female(red). Most viewers are in the 20-29 age group.

- The second graph is more complicated: A table that lists out the percentages of people in the survey that has seen both K-On!!/Kuroshitsuji II/Strike Witches 2/Madoka and one of the 47 recent late-night anime titles, which are picked by default and we aren't suppose to know what they are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do with this information what you will. There will always be lots of people who thinks K-On! only has a male audience, and believe that Madoka would have a much bigger cross-gender appeal than K-On! simply because it has "plot", "sophistication", etc., or that there is a lot of guys masturbating to K-On!(I don't know how, but somehow. And I'm not saying there absolutely isn't, but people tend to make it sound like they're everywhere). Go to the General Anime forum now and I'm sure you'll find quite a few of those people. But for those few people who check this thread, you are one of the few in the know.

Source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-5489.html
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2011-11-26 at 04:08.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 01:03   Link #2027
all_flying

Quote:
Strangely, I know why the bold part is like that

Others, well its pretty understandable.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 17:24   Link #2028
Nimnutter

Quote:
O__o woah... 6:4
Seeing as I'm female, this kinda leaves me speechless and a bit amused haha.
I haven't watched Kuroshitsuji II, maybe I should start watching it to see what all the hype is about.lol
But Strike Witches is just not my type of anime, gonna have to pass on that. xD
Nimnutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 12:35   Link #2029
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do with this information what you will. There will always be lots of people who thinks K-On! only has a male audience, and believe that Madoka would have a much bigger cross-gender appeal than K-On! simply because it has "plot", "sophistication", etc., or that there is a lot of guys masturbating to K-On!(I don't know how, but somehow. And I'm not saying there absolutely isn't, but people tend to make it sound like they're everywhere). Go to the General Anime forum now and I'm sure you'll find quite a few of those people. But for those few people who check this thread, you are one of the few in the know.

Source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-5489.html
Thanks for the research... this is one of those things that seem totally obvious to outsiders (non-anime watchers) that something like K-On! or Madoka is "girl friendly" but is lost on the people who have passionate but very narrow interests in anime (tried to be nice there).
Old 2011-12-04, 21:37   Link #2030
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

So I was following Ultimatemegax's tweets and looking at various conversations, and a few tweets from MangaUK(First tweet,2nd tweet) implying that K-ON did not sell well here in the U.S. Naturally, various forums have been talking about this, and I feel sad that we may never get to see the second season or the movie come over here. I was considering a double-dip if Bandai was going to do a box-set, but I guess I'll have to make do with the 4 singles.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...101390&page=52 (One of the threads talking about this)

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2011-12-04 at 21:47.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 21:36   Link #2031
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

All in One (better quality)

Inside of the exhibition
Spoiler for video:

Outside of the exhibition
Spoiler for video:
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 13:56   Link #2032
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]All in One (better quality)
Wow.. That was... all... so awesome... Is it happening in Japan now..?
Old 2011-12-15, 19:05   Link #2033
all_flying

Is there anyone could translate this?

K-ON! is being featured in CUT magazine Japan, Jan 2012 issue; will out in December 19th. But I can't translate the rest
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 04:58   Link #2034
Mikoku

Okay, the first time watching the series is finished and it left me kinda speechless. In a good way of course. Darn, can't help it! Have to watch it again
Mikoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 13:30   Link #2035
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Talking

After consistently listening to the Houkago Tea Time II album I just noticed that the lyrics too Fuyu no Hi "Winter Days" are the lyrics from that letter that Ritsu got from Mio thinking it was a love letter in Season 1 Episode 13. I'm surprised they went ahead and used the lyrics despite Ritsu's disapproval, and embarrassment

I just Love Houkago Tea Time Lyrics there so Honest!

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-12-21 at 13:59.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 13:56   Link #2036
Blossom550

Quote:
After consistently listening to the Houkago Tea Time II album I just noticed that the lyrics too Fuyu no Hi "Winter Days" are the lyrics from that letter that Ritsu got from Mio thinking it was a love letter in Season 1 Episode 13. I'm surprised they went ahead and used the lyrics anyways despite Ritsu's disapproval, and embarrassment

I just Love Houkago Tea Time Lyrics there so Honest!
yes they are unique even though its a little girly
Blossom550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 14:14   Link #2037
Goggen

Quote:
After consistently listening to the Houkago Tea Time II album I just noticed that the lyrics too Fuyu no Hi "Winter Days" are the lyrics from that letter that Ritsu got from Mio thinking it was a love letter in Season 1 Episode 13. I'm surprised they went ahead and used the lyrics despite Ritsu's disapproval, and embarrassment
She was probably too embarrassed to tell the others why she didn't want the lyrics to be used... and I'm guessing the others overruled her wish when she couldn't provide a good reason.
Old 2011-12-21, 23:52   Link #2038
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Azusa probably came up with something dirty, but approved it anyway.
Old 2011-12-25, 18:49   Link #2039
someiyoshino

I was wondering what the general consensus might be on weather or not kyoani will bundle the two live events with the eventual release of the blu-ray box set as they did with the Lucky Star box set. I would have pre-ordered the blu-ray of Come With Me!! the day it was announced but I know that I will be buying the K-On! box set when it comes out and I don't want to spend an extra $110 and wind up with two copies of the same thing. But at the same time I'm becoming slightly impatient and am thinking of getting the live event blu-ray soon. Or many I should just cool my jets and wait for another year or two. What do you all think?
someiyoshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 20:56   Link #2040
Goggen

We don't even know if there will ever be a "complete box" of K-On!(!). It's a totally different situtation from Lucky Star or Haruhi, those shows weren't released on BD before so their box sets were their only BD editions. K-On, however, is already out on BD so it's quite possible it won't see another BD release.

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen