AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-23, 19:20   Link #1
Yogi

Is Naruto wasted on Naruto?

The Manga Naruto has it's share of interesting characters, detaiiled backstory, and a well rounded supporting cast. Is it just me, or could Naruto have been better if it was based upon someone else. This is obviously not a simple retelling of the story from a diffrent point of view, but to re-write the story with someone more interesting as the central character(s). What do you people think?
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 19:23   Link #2
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
well it would be kinda pointless to have it called naruto and have it based on ...let's say...Sakura or something you know.
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 19:26   Link #3
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I would put money on it that when the series finishes there will prolly be a spin off series about Sasuke and Itachi or something.

But I sometimes think that maybe the show could have been called Chronicles of Konoha or soemthing other than just Naruto.
But Naruto is the star and it is mostly all about him and he is my favourite char so...Scrap everything I just said.:P
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 19:33   Link #4
Yogi

Well, of course it would be named something else. I just feel that there are better characters in Naruto than Naruto himself, Lee or Shikamaru for instance.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 19:50   Link #5
Urashima-Sempai

There are better characters, as you say, so there can be more variety within the show. No, "Naruto" is not wasted on "Naruto." The show is about him. Period. It's just that the other characters add to his story.
Urashima-Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 20:07   Link #6
UserName

If anything they don't show enough of Naruto and Naruto-related things. There's too much of Sasuke, probably 90% of the things even naruto himself does is related to Sasuke in some major and in rare cases minor ways.

I'd rather it focus on Konoha as a whole but since it's called Naruto, they need to at least put some focus on Naruto, since the beginning he asn't inched 1 step closer to a high rank(after he became a genin) aside from power-wise. He still needs to chagne his attitude.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 20:17   Link #7
Urashima-Sempai

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
If anything they don't show enough of Naruto and Naruto-related things. There's too much of Sasuke, probably 90% of the things even naruto himself does is related to Sasuke in some major and in rare cases minor ways.

I'd rather it focus on Konoha as a whole but since it's called Naruto, they need to at least put some focus on Naruto, since the beginning he asn't inched 1 step closer to a high rank(after he became a genin) aside from power-wise. He still needs to chagne his attitude.
He doesn't need to change his attitude, and quite frankly, I would be sad if it did. His blunderous attitude is what makes him a love him/hate him character. If they changed how he acted they would be changing the show as a whole.

Even as Hokage he could still be loud and annoying, although maybe less, somewhat ^^
Old 2004-09-23, 20:17   Link #8
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Actually, I think Naruto is easily the best character for a protagonist. The Shikamaru show would be harder to keep interesting. You need a driven main character with a strong and simple goal - besides, he's probably MY favourite character of the show.

Plus he's a pretty typical Shonen main character. Simplicity is equated with humility - and thus seen as a virtue. Plus he's damn funny!

-BonBon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 20:43   Link #9
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urashima-Sempai
He doesn't need to change his attitude, and quite frankly, I would be sad if it did. His blunderous attitude is what makes him a love him/hate him character. If they changed how he acted they would be changing the show as a whole.

Even as Hokage he could still be loud and annoying, although maybe less, somewhat ^^
He will never become a chuunin then... you are saying he should never change? Even without being a Chuunin he will get his team killed.
Old 2004-09-23, 21:28   Link #10
Urashima-Sempai

Quote:
He will never become a chuunin then... you are saying he should never change? Even without being a Chuunin he will get his team killed.
Honestly would this show be that great with Naruto, the former goof-off, turning serious? Of course it wouldn't! I'm sure he can become a Chuu-nin without losing his stupidity, that's what makes Naruto..well, Naruto.
Old 2004-09-23, 22:09   Link #11
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
I have a feeling that we'll end up having a lot more about Dawn further down the road. Sure, it's got Itachi in it, who is related to Sasuke, but if my nose smells this right then that's just what it is - one single member of Dawn is related to Sasuke, the rest will feel more related to Naruto.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 22:23   Link #12
Cragnous
Cragkage the 1st

Naruto is the best choice of main charactyer because he's the one with the most potential.
Cragnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 22:47   Link #13
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urashima-Sempai
Honestly would this show be that great with Naruto, the former goof-off, turning serious? Of course it wouldn't! I'm sure he can become a Chuu-nin without losing his stupidity, that's what makes Naruto..well, Naruto.
... No. Naruto he doesn't need to be serious, he just needs to be a lot less careless and actually think for once.

I would prefer if the story shifted to Akatsuki. Kishimoto has too many things hovering around the air and not explained.
Old 2004-09-23, 23:33   Link #14
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
That's what I said :P
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 02:04   Link #15
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

It would contradict Kishimoto's message.
Naruto is not perfect, but he still works hard to achieve his dream.

If you believe in yourself you don't have top be perfect to acomplish great things.

Without a character like Naruto, that message would be..well..different and less fun.
Old 2004-09-24, 04:30   Link #16
Yakushi-san

Wouldn't it be cool if they made an enitre series for each and every shinobi?
I'd LOVE to see Gaara's complete background, as well as Neji, Tyouji, Shino, Kiba, and of course Shikamaru (although this one might be somewhat boring, what wth all the staring at the clouds all day).

Anyway, I'm glad it's not as focused on Naruto as it could have been. We get to see alot of diversity in battles because not EVERYTHING revolves around Naruto himself.
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 06:46   Link #17
DeluxSkillz

the only other character it could've been about is sasuke since he has 60% of the screen time anyway but it wouldn't be fun at all who wants to watch a show about a whinning lil bitch
DeluxSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 07:15   Link #18
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxSkillz
the only other character it could've been about is sasuke since he has 60% of the screen time anyway but it wouldn't be fun at all who wants to watch a show about a whinning lil bitch
I do... It makes for good comedy!
Old 2004-09-24, 07:21   Link #19
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Just because Naruto works hard doesn't mean he's still a loudmouth moron. Being a Chuunin or beyond means he has to wisen up, and change just like the 4th probably did. If he doesn't, perhaps this just means he'll never become a Chuunin, let alone a Hokage. Although technically being Hokage means being the strongest ninja, I doubt they'd pick an idiot to take that position.

Naruto still is the obvious main character though due to his potential with the Kyuubi. I'd like to see some other teams in action however.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 07:29   Link #20
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Just because Naruto works hard doesn't mean he's still a loudmouth moron. Being a Chuunin or beyond means he has to wisen up, and change just like the 4th probably did. If he doesn't, perhaps this just means he'll never become a Chuunin, let alone a Hokage. Although technically being Hokage means being the strongest ninja, I doubt they'd pick an idiot to take that position.
Tsunade has already seen what incredible talent Naruto really has, what with seeing him learning Rasengan in a matter of a few weeks, using it to finish someone stronger than Hatake Kakashi, and surviving that "Mess-up-inside-of-body" no Jutsu from Kabuto.

Who knows? Tsunade might already think Naruto is Hokage material. What do you think she'll think when many years have passed, and Tsunade has to pick a new Hokage. Naruto may have reached his goal of making everyone n the village recognize him.