Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-01, 22:31   Link #41
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Well, aside from the OP, the first episode was rather good, so... *shrug*

Caps/etc

It was quite a bit more retro than I expected it to be, but since they actually bothered to animate things, it turned out fine. Ringo was fucking frightening though. I think she's really a frog creature or something.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:00   Link #42
v1cious

well this is definitely one of the most visually impressive shows to come out. the art is just amazing, hopefully it holds through the rest of the series.

that opening though... UGH! that may be one of the worst opening songs i have ever heard. i mean it's literally painful to listen to.

all in all this show has real potential, i just hope it doesn't turn into "Robot of the Week" type thing.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:56   Link #43
mouhitori

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
well this is definitely one of the most visually impressive shows to come out. the art is just amazing, hopefully it holds through the rest of the series.

that opening though... UGH! that may be one of the worst opening songs i have ever heard. i mean it's literally painful to listen to.

all in all this show has real potential, i just hope it doesn't turn into "Robot of the Week" type thing.
Certainly looks good, even with all the dark color that makes the world feels gloomy. It's the end of the world, after all. Agree that "Robot of the Week" would be bad. Especially since the pace is not exactly fast either.

Short summary
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 03:27   Link #44
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

So, it was really good. Amazing retro visual style. Now I'm waiting for the next episode, I hope, that Mad House will make really intersting story, but who knows now, we should wait at least for some more episodes and and then say something about this anime.

Pity, that opening has enough static images, because opening music is really nice.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 08:09   Link #45
Usami Haru
Mr. Broshido
*Graphic Designer

Wow, this was far better than what I expected (Even is Casshern Sins was one of the two shows I was really looking forward too, the other one being Tytania). Love the visual style and looks that they want to develop the main plot quickly, that's better for me. I hope next week has the same level of awesome like the first one.

I liked the opening music too, I don't really mind the still images so I loved it.

Quote:
It was quite a bit more retro than I expected it to be, but since they actually bothered to animate things, it turned out fine. Ringo was fucking frightening though. I think she's really a frog creature or something.
I lol'd. But yeah, her eyes are huge! They look like when you take a picture of a cat in a dark background. scary. But she was cute.

Last edited by Usami Haru; 2008-10-02 at 10:32.
Usami Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 08:43   Link #46
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Ringo is such a trip to watch.

The kid's cute especially when she's playing with seashells and actually acts almost too much like a "normal" kid.

And the moral of this episode is..

Don't hurt Ringo. Onii-chan has a really bad temper.
Old 2008-10-02, 13:19   Link #47
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I'm going to venture a guess and hope that the real OP animation simply wasn't done yet, but who knows. Episode 1 was awesome, moreso than I expected.
Old 2008-10-02, 13:58   Link #48
AirMaster
キャシャーン

Send a message via MSN to AirMaster
First ep was pretty good. I just hope the story moves along now and that it doesn't fall into "robot of the week" hell.
<AirMaster> fascinating
<AirMaster> mind telling me more?
<Deacon_Blues> qu4ck
AirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 15:35   Link #49
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well, I first wanted to watch this because I was waiting for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and I was expecting it to be something to kill time with, but I was amazed at how good this episode was.

I feel in love with the ending from the first time I heard it. I liked the opening from the time when I first heard it in the PV, and it really give me a good impression of the show, as you don't usually get this sort of opening now day's.

The animation is stiller, but this being MADHOUSE, it really shouldn't come as a surprise. And it is good to hear Tohru Furuya as Casshern, and he does a great job* (but I really wanted to hear Ikuo Nishikawa one more time outside of the T Vs. C game trailer) . At least Bryking Boss is back . Now all that’s left is for Goro Naya to narrate this show XD.
It seems the story well be focusing on Casshern trying to regain his memoires (though I really hope he didn't kill Luna, that would just be)
Definitely going to fallow this show fully.

*even though I keep imagining that he might shout ''Char'' at the screen for no reason XD
Old 2008-10-02, 19:12   Link #50
solomon

Just saw it, was satisfying. I was struck by just how "visual" this show was, a lot of the set up was taken from just absorbing the mood and feel of the scenes, characters and backgrounds. Very little dialogue was said in this show compared to say, well 90% of anime which is exposition free for all. Thus combining to make a compelling visual narrative, that really grabs you.

The story itself? I think it's gonna be well "retro" as some would put it. I say we will see a Tezuka/Ishinomori type deal where half of the story will be world building by showing differrent robots/characters and what they say about the world, with some backstory on Casshern himself seeping in. So the first few eps will feel episodic (maybe about a 3rd of em with some backstory nuggets). Then in the later half, things will get focused and build to a thriling climax and (if we are lucky) resolution.

Could go anywhere as of right now but they really sold me on the visual style, the designs are awesome and the animation thrilling due to the strong posing and drawing. This is contrasted with the detailed background work and beautiful color design, it's the first time in a while that a show's art work really leapt up and grabbed me. lets hope it stays relatively stable.

Always nice to hear old heads like Toru Furuya and Kenji Utsumi still in the game as seiyuu as well.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:58   Link #51
Mei

I actually didn't really like this series, visually stunning however I didn't really feel a lot else towards it (more of my opinion on blog...) Maybe I will warm up to it in the weeks to come. I just wish it could have been more dedicated to story rather than action, I felt it personally was a bit too much.
Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 14:44   Link #52
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
First episode was really "Whooooa!" awesome. From what I managed to understand it's going to be an alternative retelling of the original series, it's potentially really interesting, although it might also become clichéd; what we'll get for sure is a dark atmosphere and a sadistic Casshern *thumbs up*.
I think the director really made excellent choices, in particular when animating the action scenes, the soundtrack was very good too.
Old 2008-10-03, 16:21   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Like most people, i was really blown by the first episode in just about every way possible. It's a shame that this series is going to be very under-looked this season.
Old 2008-10-03, 17:10   Link #54
solomon

Meh that means less raving fanboys to deal with, TRUE appreciation.

That aside, just as long as the subbers don't drop it halfway through I'm happy.
Old 2008-10-03, 17:28   Link #55
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Like most people, i was really blown by the first episode in just about every way possible. It's a shame that this series is going to be very under-looked this season.
I can totally see that happening. Happened with Terra e..., would not be surprised if it happened here. I haven't watched the first episode because I'm waiting for a sub but I'm happy to be hearing good things about it. Makes me more excited. Maybe I should give in and watch the raw...
Old 2008-10-03, 17:42   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I can totally see that happening. Happened with Terra e..., would not be surprised if it happened here. I haven't watched the first episode because I'm waiting for a sub but I'm happy to be hearing good things about it. Makes me more excited. Maybe I should give in and watch the raw...
I think you'll be alright watching it raw. For starters you'll be able to experience just how visual stunning it actually is, and with it being raw you can completely focus on that. :3
Old 2008-10-03, 17:46   Link #57
solomon

I agree, if you have even modest japanese levels, the dialogue (what little there is) is very easy to understand
Old 2008-10-03, 18:08   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

There you have it zalem, you should check out the raw.
Old 2008-10-03, 23:54   Link #59
Weils

I love this episode. It starts out leaving the viewer confused to what's happening to the characters and the world in particular. I guess they will be showing flashbacks of Casshern now and then.
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:04   Link #60
7Th
Mixtape

I love how visceral the action is. The storyboarding really works to make it feel truly intense.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse