AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-05-18, 21:31   Link #7241
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Or maybe they just don't like those never ending series, the premise of it, etc and have such never watched it. I've watched a ton of anime and I've never watched, and have no desire to watch, Naruto. Or Bleach for that matter. So does that mean I don't know what anime is? I know you said in-general and not everyone, but I have a feeling that my "situation" is more common than you'd think.

Also, because of the age and popularity of Naruto, one could even argue the reverse is true. IIRC it used to air on cartoon network (before their adult swim block) and those were sometimes butchered, re-edited a lot, lost in translation, etc. Those kind of series don't (imo) accurately show what anime is. It wasn't terribly long ago that we finally started seeing less of the butchering and more of the smaller series (which make up a good deal of anime) come over.

Finally, to those who haven't watched it, and just seen commercials on TV for various things, you have to admit Naruto is a good guess based on what was said. Odd colored jumpsuit, check. 3 Ninjas living together, possibly when you consider all the games titled Ninja it's a good guess. Evil within, possibly again. Not saying that that is Naruto, just saying if you think about you could see where that comes from.
I'm just gonna say, none of those actually say they don't know what Naruto IS, they just say that they don't want to watch them or are uninterested in them.
Old 2010-05-19, 02:10   Link #7242
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

zzz are we done discussing that topic now?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 07:46   Link #7243
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by terra89 View Post

Well, this might be a doujin but I have no idea. Cookies, milk and a thank you in advance to anyone who can identify!
I'd like to know too now! ;D

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 16:02   Link #7244
rayofash

Okay guys I think I might be asking for something pretty obscure here. Many years ago my older brother asked for some anime at a local library. The librarian then disappears in the back for an hour and comes out with a VHS tape and says "I think this is all we have in regards to 'anime'." On this VHS tape were two separate self contained stories of various lengths, they looked like they may have been from the 80s. The first one was a story about a blind shamisen (or maybe it was a biwa) player. One day he performs for a group of people who he is later told were ghosts from a local grave (he thought he was playing in a house but was actually performing in front of a grave, spirits were circling above his head), and that they were coming for his soul. Some local priests write prayers all over his body, but forget his ears. One of the ghosts returns that night for him, but can only see his ears. He rips them off and takes them as proof that he looked for him.

The second story was called like "The Theater of Life" or something and was only about 5 minutes long. It was about a man relating a brief story from his childhood of some girl he knew or something (it looked like it took place early 1900's Japan or maybe even sometime in the 1800's but I could be completely wrong about this). This may have been a part of a series, because it was very short and had no real conclusion.

Does anyone know what these shows were?

Edit: I may have found something about the first story here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnIQl5CZRr8

Quote:
Dan-no-ura was the site of the last battle of the Gempei War in which the Heike clan was finally destroyed by the Genji clan.

Centuries later, legends say a blind biwa player was tricked into playing for the restless spirits of the Heike. He barely escaped with his life paying the price of his ears being ripped off. This story is known as Hoichi the Earless and appears in the Kwaiden.
So that tells me what the anime was based off of at least.

Last edited by rayofash; 2010-05-19 at 17:10.
rayofash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 06:17   Link #7245
90DualElites

Hello again. I already know this anime just i want to know at 3:56 of this video, which episode/movie is it from? The one that Naruto blocked a sharp blade from hurting Sakura. Anyone know? Thanks!

Spoiler for YouTube Video:

@ 3:56
90DualElites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:01   Link #7246
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It's from ep140 Sakura's Determination! (サクラの決意, Sakura no ketsui) in which they investigate one of Orochimaru's hideouts.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 08:45   Link #7247
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

Well, this might be a doujin but I have no idea. Cookies, milk and a thank you in advance to anyone who can identify!
A small clue from me: I'm about 80% sure that it's from a recent H-doujin. I saw someone mentioned it before, but can't remember now....
Old 2010-05-20, 18:59   Link #7248
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

That is from a H-doujin called Maid Bride, author is called Kizuki Aruchu.

From what I recall, it was released way way back but it was recently done again as part of the Maid Bride volume.

Smashing stuff btw(b^.^)b
Old 2010-05-21, 09:05   Link #7249
Dorsai

Anyone can tell me title of anime/manga/fanart this two images?:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7307/dubbybday.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7992/creditse.jpg

If i ask in bad place pls tell me where can i ask about this...

Thx for reply
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 09:26   Link #7250
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post

Thx for reply
(Second image)

Looks like Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night, or someone with a very similar hairstyle

Edit for comfirmation: Episode 5

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-05-21 at 09:51.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 09:40   Link #7251
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
(Second image)

Looks like Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night, or someone with a very similar hairstyle
Yeah it's her. It was probably that screen in ep 3 or 4....

We can see Shirō Emiya running away there in the background.

Not sure about the 1st one also...
Old 2010-05-21, 10:43   Link #7252
Vane
Hyouka

Send a message via MSN to Vane
Quote:

Thx for reply

First one is from eroge Cheer Moe ~Watashi Ouen Shiteru Kara~
Old 2010-05-22, 03:46   Link #7253
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
ren?.. ^^;; nice scanlators

or maybe they're talking about someone else for some weird reason @_@
Old 2010-05-26, 04:36   Link #7254
Pooba

forgot the name of an anime

Alright so I forgot the name of an anime I started a while back and now I want to continue watching it. I was hoping someone might know what it's called. Keep in mind I only watched the first episode. I don't think it's very old. Maybe an 09 series. There was a group of people. One girl and at least 2 or 3 guys. They all had special abilities but after they used them they had to wait a specific amount time before they could use it again. I'm pretty sure they all carried pocket watches. One of the guys could teleport but he would needed some kind of reference point to concentrate one. I think the girl could see through walls and see very far. I remember there being some underworld aspects to the show. The setting was historical i believe. Well that's all I can remember. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I hate not being able to remember the names of shows so it would be a big help if someone recognized it. If anyone needs any clarification I'll try my best to answer.
Pooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 08:23   Link #7255
Smithsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooba View Post
Alright so I forgot the name of an anime I started a while back and now I want to continue watching it. I was hoping someone might know what it's called. Keep in mind I only watched the first episode. I don't think it's very old. Maybe an 09 series. There was a group of people. One girl and at least 2 or 3 guys. They all had special abilities but after they used them they had to wait a specific amount time before they could use it again. I'm pretty sure they all carried pocket watches. One of the guys could teleport but he would needed some kind of reference point to concentrate one. I think the girl could see through walls and see very far. I remember there being some underworld aspects to the show. The setting was historical i believe. Well that's all I can remember. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I hate not being able to remember the names of shows so it would be a big help if someone recognized it. If anyone needs any clarification I'll try my best to answer.
Hm.. could it be Senkou no Night Raid? Also watched 1st episode a while ago (its airing atm afaik)
Smithsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 12:09   Link #7256
Vane
Hyouka

Send a message via MSN to Vane
Any idea of these two? I found them from some old Megami magazine and became curious.

Thank you!
Old 2010-05-26, 12:26   Link #7257
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering the katakana of the first scan, it should be Front Innocent, known as Another Lady Innocent.

Second scan depitcs Denshin Mamotte Shugogetten
Old 2010-05-27, 20:00   Link #7258
kumbandit

NOOB asking for help from anime veterans and experts

Hi everyone.I know there are many ppl here who know practically everything there is to know about anime. That is why I need you, because I'm a newb here. I need some information. I watched some anime some 20 years ago, and I would really like to know which it was. The trick is, it's really hard to find it because I remember so little of it. I can't say much about it, as it was long ago and I was just a pre-school kid or so. Anyway, here's what I know:

It happens in the future, where human civilisation and it's tehnology have greatly anvanced. There was this girl, really pretty, but a real bitchy and spoiled one. She was mean to everyone (kinda like Paris Hilton). She was a VIP, being some kind of princess or a president's daughter or something, so everyone had to be kind to her. People have invented a fortune-telling machine, and this machine has foretold the exact date and time when she will meet her true love. Being who she is, she was really pissed-off about that. Some time later, on the day the machine foretold, she was driving her futuristic vehicle around the town, and she ended up in a light traffic accident as she colided with somebody. She was even more pissed-off when she realised it's the time the machine foretold, as she saw it on her digital clock. She goes out of her vehicle and starts yelling and screaming on the poor guy in the other vehicle.

That's all the info I got on the storyline. It was released somewhere about 1990, I guess (or later). I suck at animes, but according to that info I provided, I guess it must be mainstream/romance/science-fiction. It was completely non-explicit, I guess for all audiences, probably aiming at younger audiences. I think it was stand-alone, long play movie, although I'm not 100% sure. I can't tell how popular it was, but since I got to see it here in Serbia, I guess it was pretty popular. As far as I know, could be legendary, since I'm clueless about this stuff.

So that is it. It's not a matter of life and death, but it would mean a world to me to see that movie again. It's one of those childhood things that stay engraved in your mind. I oftenly thought about that movie, but alas, memories tend to fade until they disappear completely. I'm sorry for this limited info, but that's all I remeber, and even anime experts will have a hard time figuring it out I guess. Anyone having even a vague idea about the name of this movie or any other info, please post it here. Thank you for your time.

PS. I don't know Japanese, so I would be eternally grateful if someone who does could translate and post this thread on some Japanese forum of the same orientation. Of course, that person would also have to inform me here about the results, or it would've been pointless right?
kumbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 23:25   Link #7259
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...ch&catid.8=600
Old 2010-05-29, 05:10   Link #7260
kumbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
That is from a H-doujin called Maid Bride, author is called Kizuki Aruchu.

From what I recall, it was released way way back but it was recently done again as part of the Maid Bride volume.

Smashing stuff btw(b^.^)b
Thx for the info Bonta Kun. Could you tell us how many chapters there are, and is it finished or are there gonna be more?
kumbandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel