AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-08-18, 22:59   Link #4341
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
And? You expect us to take your hand for every little node, every little new fleet composition, each new enemy? One should be so blessed!

I don't remember doing that myself when I was starting out.
Old 2014-08-18, 23:00   Link #4342
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Myssa,if you are turning this into a personal attack against me,i say stop.

As i said many times over and over,i am generally inexperienced for my HQ level.I barely had experience with such enemies,not to mention beyond that. And you still condemn me still,i ask again: Who or what do you want to blame for this?
I highly doubt that since with HQ lvl like that you've got to be at least 3-2 and 4-1 already, meaning that Elite and Flagship WILL appear on your way.

Quote:
================
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Vessel

FOR LAST TIME,it's not EXACT AND PRECISE.Which part of that don't you freaking understand?I had even looked at the individual enemy stats,yes,it tells me only numbers of how strong their stats are,but NOT: What i would need to defeat them.
... And how did you beat the normal type enemy? Cause aside from stats and equip, how you beat them is usually the same. (For me, DD, CL, CVL and BBV for sub, and full brute force for everything else)
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 23:02   Link #4343
Nemesis

No way in hell,Myssa.That would be your game,not mine. Stop at this point with your little sarcastic remarks.
I'm not so weak a gamer i can't adapt.Ive survived worse.

But again,my original point stands: If you guys clearly have an idea how strong the enemies are and how to beat them.....why hasn't this information been written down?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 23:05   Link #4344
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
No way in hell,Myssa.That would be your game,not mine. Stop at this point with your little sarcastic remarks.
I'm not so weak a gamer i can't adapt.Ive survived worse.

But again,my original point stands: If you guys clearly have an idea how strong the enemies are and how to beat them.....why hasn't this information been written down?
Uh... no, we don't. Even with the information provided, you just have to set up your best equip, go with the formations you think works and pray for RNG to go easy on you.

Actually, I never bothered to even look at the enemy page - aside from admiring the girls lol - and just go with 2 reds + 1 yellow + plane on BB so that they can deal with everything not submarine.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 23:06   Link #4345
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Because anyone encountering maps would experience them anyway? I thought that was fairly obvious, especially in a game like this, where you're going to experience the same nodes over and over.

When a fleet composition doesn't work for a node, try another. When it works, continue until it runs into difficulty, at which you go back to the drawing board and try something else. Repeat until you get a composition that can tackle a single map. That pretty much sums up how most of us gained experience, really.
Old 2014-08-18, 23:09   Link #4346
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
This is actually an interesting point. Are the basics of submarine combat (Can only be hit by CLs and DDs, damage is primarily equipment based, use a sonar and a depth charge together for maximum effect) actually written anywhere obvious? I just looked at the combat page on the English Wiki and didn't see them...

Edit: And planes, too. Dunno why I forgot that.
To be fair, the basic concepts are still there.

You see submarines, you fight them with ASW formations.

You see carriers, you fight them by taking air superiority by equipping fighters and increase firepower by equipping bombers.

The details like importance of ASW equipments, air power and LoS calculations don't come in until more advanced enemies/obstacles of their respective categories show up. However by this point, most players would have learned to ask these advance questions among communities. After all, Kancolle is a community driven game.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 23:12   Link #4347
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
After all, Kancolle is a community driven game.
Not until we see that Friends function implemented it ain't!

And Lantern's right. Eventually an admiral will have to ask for advice, true, but when advice given freely isn't used at all, it becomes tiring and annoying.
Old 2014-08-18, 23:15   Link #4348
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^ Well I mean that in terms of driving force behind the game's success. It's all about characters and references that are juggled among an ever increasing player base. Naturally the devs would take that into account when they design newer contents. I mean we have one glaring example this event: Surprise E6. Devs fully expected some players to datamine the game as soon as the update went live, which was why they decided to be vague about its announcement, to spice up the mood. Otherwise it would certainly be disastrous for many progression players.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 23:19   Link #4349
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Its a game where you play your cards while rolling the dice and pray. Formation, equips and girls are about stacking the odds in your favor. Knowing that you may still fail. It's a test of luck, preparation and mental fortitude. I thought to myself that if I can survive Dark Souls, I can grind my teeth through this event. I was level 89-90 when I started the event, just for the record.

Last edited by Sheba; 2014-08-18 at 23:20. Reason: for Nemesis
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 23:21   Link #4350
Cyprene

I do kind of think that there need to be better resources for English players. If I want to know how to beat E-3, for instance, I can go here or here or here, or here, or a bunch of other places.

The English wiki is very, very strong in some places. It's individual ship pages are better than the Japanese versions in the way they display statistics, and it's sign-up FAQ is wonderful. As for what to do and how to do it, it feels like most of that information is shared via asking friends or via message boards like this one. I might add some of the stuff that's on the Japanese wiki to the English once I get some free time; I may not know every detail but if I'm just translating something from the JP side that shouldn't matter.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 00:23   Link #4351
Nemesis

^
I think Sheba may have just given the answer i was looking for.Truth be told,i'm just looking for solutions and answers for many things in this game which i would need at my level but can't grasp at.Last thing i need is good people turning nasty on me.

Ok,sorry if i do come back way worse lashing out,but that only happens because i can't find the solution to my own problems myself.Otherwise,if i could work it on own,i would have.

But at times,i feel very uncertain about how the game plays out.
Often,I have difficulty trying to make my own decisions a lot of things because of alot of unknown and uncertain infomation i have no clue of where to begin looking at.Or it's just RNG,like many of the things in this game.

Thus,i had trouble believing when people say my fleet is okay for my level,because i have no real way to check how strong they are.Or again it's just RNG,like many of the things in this game.

==============
Sheba,so you are trying Dark Souls too?It's a good game for building character,i just hadn't had time to get to it.
Old 2014-08-19, 00:30   Link #4352
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

We're not being nasty, just stating facts that should have been fairly obvious for most intermediate Admirals. You don't advance through the game without learning, even tangentially, about fleet mechanics and so forth. You should know how to counter BBs, just like you should know what to do when faced with a submarine node, as you run into them all the time during normal maps.

By the point an Event come along, it's just putting what you learned in the normal maps into use. That's pretty much it.
Old 2014-08-19, 00:47   Link #4353
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Uh... no, we don't. Even with the information provided, you just have to set up your best equip, go with the formations you think works and pray for RNG to go easy on you.

Actually, I never bothered to even look at the enemy page - aside from admiring the girls lol - and just go with 2 reds + 1 yellow + plane on BB so that they can deal with everything not submarine.
*sigh* It is this brute forcing assumption mentality that got me where i am today.

Case in point: The "coming of age" ritual of 2-4. After hearing of my friend getting owned like crap there even with lvl 50 ships when people clear it with lvl 30s.Even with advice from someone who cleared it for him,he only cleared it like when they were lvl 60s.There's really not much you can help with even if you know how to solve trials in this game,it still tends to be difficult regardless mostly due to RNG.

For the trial for me,I decided to prepare as much as i could,so i got Taihou and Kaga just in case for that trial and smashed through it.

I wanted to get 2-4 out of the way as soon as possible,because i heard 3-2-A was a good place to raise ships and where i would need the strength of DDs.Presumably,with World 4 having submarine enemies,i would then try to figure how ASW works seriously once and for all.

I avoided 1-5,because simply,my early tests with DDs wasn't working and i had not enough clues how to tackle SS enemies because all i could do was scratch damage and the fact i saw no point to the map's rewards yet.
Old 2014-08-19, 00:56   Link #4354
Cyprene

I don't want to derail this conversation, but how the hell did you get Taihou before beating 2-4? Did you just have the most amazing luck ever with Large Ship Construction or did you spend like 2 weeks saving up for it?
Old 2014-08-19, 01:06   Link #4355
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Whelp...just managed to reach the killzone for E-6.

Gonna try the 1 CLT 3 BB 2 CVL and 2 CLT 2 BB 2 CVL fleet composition.

Here we go...
Old 2014-08-19, 01:13   Link #4356
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
現在展開中の夏イベ:期間限定海域【AL / MI作戦】の作戦展開期間は【8/29(金)朝】迄の予定です。 また、同作戦終了時のメンテナンスに伴うアップデートでは、ある軽空母1隻のさらなる改装の実 装を予定して います(同改装に改装設計図は不要です)。
Source:https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/s...28832126377984
Back to where we were before the whole misunderstanding....

Well,wonder who it could be.

Last edited by Nemesis; 2014-08-19 at 01:36. Reason: Pmed to Cyprene
Old 2014-08-19, 01:37   Link #4357
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

It's likely Junyou, as she's the only one left without a redone sprite.

And what misunderstanding? Frankly we've given you all the advice we could give-- the onus now is on you to take what we've given and put it to practical use.

How about we put things in perspective with another game I'm playing: Kansen x Shoujo. You should see it, as it's one of the other games on the DMM site, and I play it whenever there's a major update with Kantai Collection. To date, it has no English guide, no English community, no nothing. I have literally nothing to work with, barring some Japanese sites, and they only give you a basic rundown on how to play.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And where am I now? About a third into the story, with two Rare mercenaries in my employ. Quite proud at the fact.

The issue here isn't the lack of information on Kancolle -- information on maps, mechanics, and stages are there for the taking -- it's how you use it.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-08-19 at 01:48.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 01:48   Link #4358
Cyprene

Redone sprite? Did they redo the sprites for the others, like Houshou?
Old 2014-08-19, 01:50   Link #4359
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
Redone sprite? Did they redo the sprites for the others, like Houshou?
Both RJ-chan and Hiyou's Kai sprites used to be the same as their initial sprites. Now they're different. We're expecting the same for Junyou, as she's still the only ship left done by that artist without a redo.

I mean, seriously, compare Unryu's art with Junyou. It's done by the same guy, but the evolution in art style's been extreme.
Old 2014-08-19, 02:33   Link #4360
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Sheba,so you are trying Dark Souls too?It's a good game for building character,i just hadn't had time to get to it.
I have finished it months ago, people who followed me on twitter knew about my rage over the bridge dragon and how I failed to save Solaire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Both RJ-chan and Hiyou's Kai sprites used to be the same as their initial sprites. Now they're different. We're expecting the same for Junyou, as she's still the only ship left done by that artist without a redo.

I mean, seriously, compare Unryu's art with Junyou. It's done by the same guy, but the evolution in art style's been extreme.
What? The same guy? I wish I could pull that sort of art evolution. I never went past drawing mecha and guys in full plate armor, where I eventually stopped drawing at age 11.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls