AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-17, 04:21   Link #541
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number XI View Post
I need to ask; was Sousuke converted to Muslim during his time in Afghanistan? I mean, it says he practices the Ramadan (where Muslims fast for a certain amount of time).
Uhmmm, in my opinion, Sagara is Kurdish, and I think nearly of them are Muslims. If I base it by line of birth and ethnicity.... Sagara is Muslim, no doubts.
Old 2010-11-17, 11:24   Link #542
FeistyDreams

Uhm, no, Sousuke is Japanese. Why do people think he's not? You're not the first person I've heard who's said that. He's Japanese, his first language was Japanese though he doesn't remember that. He started living in Russia when he was 4ish until about 8, THEN Afghanistan until about 12. There, he was with the Mujahedeen, and he did some converting.

As I recall, he doesn't actually eat pork (although he's sensible and will eat whatever if he needs to, but when given the choice, he avoids it) although this has been mis-represented in the manga. He also observes Ramadan, at the very least, when he can. From what I can gather, he's not necessarily religious, but he's respectful of the religion he was taken into when his life was saved. They could just as easily have killed him, since he was sent to kill their beloved general, but they spared him instead.
Old 2010-11-26, 23:06   Link #543
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

This shouldnt be an issue anymore if you read the last book Lol..

It's clear as day that Sousuke is Japanese. When you see the....

Spoiler:

Didn't Sousuke kill a boar on the Mithiril island once? He was seeking treasure with Kurtz...?
Old 2010-11-28, 16:23   Link #544
kakajd

im sure this has been asked.... but i havent seen any posts from what ive read.

will this anime have any shot of continuing?
Old 2010-11-28, 18:20   Link #545
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakajd View Post
im sure this has been asked.... but i havent seen any posts from what ive read.

will this anime have any shot of continuing?
You just asked the million dollar question...

hundreds have asked that and currently theres going to be a petition soon to encourage the next season...
Old 2010-11-29, 03:53   Link #546
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post

hundreds have asked that and currently theres going to be a petition soon to encourage the next season...
No matter who makes the next installment, I hope it'll be longer than the last season and the same length as of the very first season.
Old 2010-12-09, 15:00   Link #547
Roxxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Uhm, no, Sousuke is Japanese. Why do people think he's not? You're not the first person I've heard who's said that. He's Japanese, his first language was Japanese though he doesn't remember that. He started living in Russia when he was 4ish until about 8, THEN Afghanistan until about 12. There, he was with the Mujahedeen, and he did some converting.

As I recall, he doesn't actually eat pork (although he's sensible and will eat whatever if he needs to, but when given the choice, he avoids it) although this has been mis-represented in the manga. He also observes Ramadan, at the very least, when he can. From what I can gather, he's not necessarily religious, but he's respectful of the religion he was taken into when his life was saved. They could just as easily have killed him, since he was sent to kill their beloved general, but they spared him instead.
i think he might be muslim. in fact, i'm pretty sure being muslim has nothing to do with race. there are japanese people who practise islam. race and religion are two seperate things so yea, there's a decent chance of him being a JAPANESE MUSLIM
Old 2011-01-08, 10:48   Link #548
m3ntOs

Hi there,

after a rewatch of TSR I found out that the Official Soundtrack of TSR is somewhat "incomplete" cuz the Anime uses some tracks which I couldn 't find by myself.

The Track I was mainly searching for appears in Episode 5 in the end where Mao and Sousuke sitting in the Helicopter and talking about his future. The music also appears in the last episode where Kaname points on Sousuke and calls him a weakling and so on xD

Someone know which track that is ?^^
Old 2011-01-25, 21:24   Link #549
kamehameha

If this series got dubbed by funimation why was it discontinued? What are the realistic chances of this series finally getting finished?
Old 2011-01-29, 18:11   Link #550
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
If this series got dubbed by funimation why was it discontinued? What are the realistic chances of this series finally getting finished?
FMP is finished. 2 Japanese animation studios (Gonzo and Kyoani) also animated half of the Novels. FMP is popular in Japan but it's not a goldmine like K-ON! or Haruhi so they are not immediatly willing to do more animation over there. Also ADV did the english dub for all 3 animated series and published FMP! and Fumoffu while Funimation published TSR and later bought the rights for the first 2 seasons and rereleased them as well.

Please note that there is a difference between a publisher (Funimation) and a animation Studio (Gonzo and Kyoani). Funimation is just buying licenses from the studios to publish their Animes outside of Japan (like in the US). Funimation has absolutley no involvement in the animationprocess. Imagine Funimation as youtube and Kyoani as a uploader. See how much youtube can do about uploader creating more content? Nothing!
Old 2011-02-04, 06:31   Link #551
gowfan05

I have a question regarding the translated novels,... Does anyone know if or when the next set of Eng set of novels will come out? I just bought End by Day (is in relation to TSR). I really want to get the next novel... any answers out there...
Old 2011-02-05, 21:10   Link #552
illuminatus8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
I have a question regarding the translated novels,... Does anyone know if or when the next set of Eng set of novels will come out? I just bought End by Day (is in relation to TSR). I really want to get the next novel... any answers out there...
TP is waiting to see how well that one sells before they decide to publish any more. If you want to see the rest of them, buy 12 copies of End of Day By Day!
Old 2011-02-06, 05:13   Link #553
gowfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus8 View Post
TP is waiting to see how well that one sells before they decide to publish any more. If you want to see the rest of them, buy 12 copies of End of Day By Day!
lol! thanks for the answer and advice. I might consider it if it will make TP publish the remaining books lol
Old 2011-04-24, 20:40   Link #554
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Right now, TP is going to go bye bye soon. IIRC, they should announce who's going to take over the publishing of the novels for North America.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2011-04-29, 12:48   Link #555
seiichi-san

Send a message via MSN to seiichi-san
Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post

So when will be able to sign that petition? Because I want to sign it NOW!!!
Old 2011-07-11, 12:32   Link #556
Saulomo

I have seen all the episodes, but I do know there has been another novel made in correlation to the main story. Is this translated to English? Is there a manga-version that I can read? Thanks.

Last edited by Saulomo; 2011-07-11 at 16:11.
Old 2011-07-13, 10:12   Link #557
<KS11>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulomo View Post
I have seen all the episodes, but I do know there has been another novel made in correlation to the main story. Is this translated to English? Is there a manga-version that I can read? Thanks.
For the manga you need to read from the third takobon of FMP Sigma, for the novel...you may find somethings interesting in the spoiler discussion..
Old 2011-09-13, 00:13   Link #558
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Is FMP sigma manga the novel continuation of FMP TSR ?

Thx .
Old 2011-09-15, 02:33   Link #559
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
No. Sigma's based on the novels.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2017-01-23, 10:11   Link #560
Azel

Wow, no one has asked a question in some time, huh? Hopefully there are still people here who will know enough about the series to be able to answer!

My question is about Kalinin. I was wondering how exactly did Kalinin get reunited with Sousuke after he handed him over as a baby to the Russian authorities believing he would be reunited with his family? As far as I know, the next time Kalinin sees Sousuke is when he is being used as a child assassin to kill Majeed... right? To my recollection, isn't this the event that triggers Kalinin to want to leave the Spetznaz and fight AGAINST the Russians? Seeing that this child he saved was then kidnapped by his own government and used as a child assassin.

But how exactly did Sousuke and Kalinin end up fighting together in Afghanistan? And then how did they both end up in Mithril? Is any of this covered in the novels? I have read most of them, but not all so I wondered if I missed these details somewhere.

I was also wondering about Kalinin's wife... I think I vaguely remember that Kalinin was aware / or suspected(?) his wife was cheating on him because she was very unhappy and he was away a lot... I hope I haven't made that up or mixed it up with a different anime lol... but I was wondering how did she die? I can't remember.

If anyone can answer these questions for me, I'd be grateful - thank you!

Last edited by Azel; 2017-01-23 at 10:24.
Closed Thread