AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-02, 22:29   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 720 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Once again, we can thank Redon from AP forums for this week's spoiler summary:

Quote:
- Cavendish keeps attacking Luffy.
- Chinjao thanks Luffy with a headbutt but destroys floor accidentally. Chinjao wants his grandchildren's generation to join Mugiwara crew.
- Bartolomeo became Luffy's super fan after he saw Luffy survive a lightning strike in Loguetown.
- Rebecca helps Luffy to escape from Cavendish and Chinjao.
- Burgess and Blackbeard talks to each other by Den Den Mushi. Burgess tells Blackbeard that he dones't trust Aokiji. And then Luffy passes. Luffy says he won't give Ace's power to Blackbeard.
- In the End. Rebecca tries to kill Luffy but fails. Rebecca wants to get more opportunities to eat Mera Mera no Mi because she wants to beat Doflamingo and protect Toy Soldier.

End of chapter.

Huh, so that "Barto is a Luffy fanboy" theory came true after all. And as expected, Don Chinjao is now friendly with our protagonist, as well! But the fact that he offered to let his grandkids join the Straw-Hats just opened a new can of worms as far as the "new nakama" theories are concerned.....

And speaking of potential new members, I guess we can count out Rebecca now since she tried to murder Luffy over the fruit. The scene with Blackbeard and Burgess' conversation about Aokiji sounds pretty interesting as well (I can see Gray getting into a frenzy over that info already ). Anyways, looking forward to the full chapter!
Old 2013-09-02, 22:45   Link #2
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I wonder if we actually get to see Blackbeard here...
Old 2013-09-03, 00:05   Link #3
ellifeedn
Thinker

Chinjao can help break through to the factory.
Old 2013-09-03, 01:30   Link #4
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Once again, we can thank Redon from AP forums for this week's spoiler summary:

Huh, so that "Barto is a Luffy fanboy" theory came true after all. And as expected, Don Chinjao is now friendly with our protagonist, as well! But the fact that he offered to let his grandkids join the Straw-Hats just opened a new can of worms as far as the "new nakama" theories are concerned.....

And speaking of potential new members, I guess we can count out Rebecca now since she tried to murder Luffy over the fruit. The scene with Blackbeard and Burgess' conversation about Aokiji sounds pretty interesting as well (I can see Gray getting into a frenzy over that info already ). Anyways, looking forward to the full chapter!

who is Gray ?
Old 2013-09-03, 02:02   Link #5
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
who is Gray ?

Oh, I'm just referring to grey_1960, a buddy of mine here who I have heated debates with now and then. But you really didn't need to pay any mind to that little comment of mine, heh.

Anyway, about the spoiler..... if Barto first witnessed Luffy at Loguetown, then I wonder if that means he's an East Blue pirate? Considering EB's reputation for churning out the weakest pirates, I think it would be really nice for a change if another monster emerged from there during the skip.
Old 2013-09-03, 02:31   Link #6
andy

chapter looks like it be rather interesting
Old 2013-09-03, 03:18   Link #7
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:

Anyway, about the spoiler..... if Barto first witnessed Luffy at Loguetown, then I wonder if that means he's an East Blue pirate? Considering EB's reputation for churning out the weakest pirates, I think it would be really nice for a change if another monster emerged from there during the skip.
He was there because Dragon was there. He was more than likely accompanying Dragon.

Why are we hearing about such a strong pirate all of a sudden?

Because if you remember dragon wanted to gather and talk with the officers ( pre time-skip/post marineford) . Now he has started to move and thus we have people/pirates like Bartolomeo out of blue ( possibly Cavendish is also a revolutionary).

Oda sensei might link and connect Sabo, Dragon, ... like this.

-----

Another theory,

Bartolomeo is actually working under Kaido and Kaido is Sabo. He saw luffy while accompanying kaido maybe.

------

Lastly i want to say i think both Kaido (Sabo) and Dragon used to be allies ( after dragon having saved his ass). Eventually they broke up because of different philosophies on how to approach and fight against the WG ( Kaido/Sabo being the unreasonable one here).
Old 2013-09-03, 03:37   Link #8
JonSnow

Lol. When i saw the spoiler, i started searching the Logue Town arc for someone that looked like Bartolomeo. I couldn't find one. Anyways...Luffy's most dangerous ability is starting to work on Dressrosa. He's turning enemies into allies
Old 2013-09-03, 03:56   Link #9
noktown

Kaido's birthday : May 1st
Sabo's birthday : March 20th

Kaido is not Sabo.
Old 2013-09-03, 04:34   Link #10
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Kaido's birthday : May 1st
Sabo's birthday : March 20th

Kaido is not Sabo.
Well now would Oda sensei ( If Kaido was Sabo) set them to have the same birthday? It would become too obvious.

Kaido's birthday could represent the day he became Kaido ( or was reborn as a different person). that's just one example out of many on how one could argue about the discrepancy.

Plus if we go by databooks ( as you just did for the birthday), Sabo is dead. But we know he isn't.

P.S. Just a possible theory.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2013-09-03 at 05:39.
Old 2013-09-03, 04:58   Link #11
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Well now would Oda sensei ( If Kaido was Sabo) set them to have the same birthday? It would become too obvious.

Kaido's birthday could represent the day he became Kaido ( or was reborn as a different person). that's just one example out of many on how one could argue about the discrepancy.

Plus if we go by databooks ( as you just did for the birthday), Sabo is dead. But we know he isn't.
Wait what?
If you can't agree to written facts there's no point discussing anything with you since everything is a go.
So might as well ask you when Whitebeard and Ace are going to show up?

Let's at least abide by some facts to keep the discussion sensible.

Chapter looks great, though I'm surprised about the extended focus on Luffy.
Old 2013-09-03, 05:32   Link #12
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Wait what?
If you can't agree to written facts there's no point discussing anything with you since everything is a go.
So might as well ask you when Whitebeard and Ace are going to show up?

Let's at least abide by some facts to keep the discussion sensible.

Chapter looks great, though I'm surprised about the extended focus on Luffy.
Actually good with me . I don't want to have a discussion with some one who calls other not sensible just because they have a different opinion/theory that you don't like anyways.

P.S. Databooks are not facts ( just Data/summary of what we know "thus far" and some trivial info).
P.S.S. Story/said facts can change with explanation in anime/manga world.
Old 2013-09-03, 07:09   Link #13
amatakamata
4koma and web manga fan

Quote:

Well, since Moria only met Hogback and started to build his zombie army around ten years ago just after Kaido defeated him, and since we know that Sabo is roughly the same age as Ace, that means if Kaido is Sabo, he massacred the entire Moria's crew when he's still around ten or twelve years old...
Old 2013-09-03, 07:31   Link #14
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:

You have a low common sense when it comes to this sort of thing.
You fail to contribute to the discussion.

Quote:
And speaking of potential new members, I guess we can count out Rebecca now since she tried to murder Luffy over the fruit.
Because she tried to kill him? I'll get back to that but first. It was clear that she wasn't potential the moment we found out her hearts true desire which was many chapters ago when she shouted out to the Toy Soldier. It's obvious that she's going to be an ally of sort in this arc. She's very emotional and a gentle person.
Once she finds out he's going to save her and get her goal completed without her needing the Flame Flame Fruit you can see where the plot leads.

It's easy to read those actions after all the information we currently have.

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-09-03 at 07:43.
Old 2013-09-03, 07:50   Link #15
Homura7

Quote:
And speaking of potential new members, I guess we can count out Rebecca now since she tried to murder Luffy over the fruit.
I have yet to watch why she's doing this, but why would that count her out? She tried to kill Luffy, ok, how many people tried to kill him and are now on friendly terms? Hell, as far as I can recall, Franky once also tried to kill Luffy. This doesn't tell me anything other than Rebecca is a very brave girl.
Old 2013-09-03, 09:30   Link #16
imza

Perhaps the most interesting fact we got here is Aokiji's link between blackbeard. Knowing him, I doubt he has turned pirate but what's more likely is his entrance into the revolutionary army. His sense of justice, similar to Garp, would fit better with the revolutionaries.
Old 2013-09-03, 10:14   Link #17
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Sounds like a weird move on Rebecca's part, considering that 1) she seemed to have taken a liking to Luffy 2) she should know from that last fight that she doesn't stand a chance. I agree that it doesn't automatically disqualify her as a potential new member, but it doesn't help.
Old 2013-09-03, 10:47   Link #18
Homura7

Problem is the spoiler doesn't go into details about the reason of this move. We shall just wait.
Old 2013-09-03, 10:50   Link #19
Rainbowman

Chinjao wants his grandchildren's generation to join the mugiwara crew? How many grandchildren does he have? Also if Rebecca wants the devil fruit to destroy Doflamingo, she can have it.
Old 2013-09-03, 12:30   Link #20
mrShady

Quote:
Actually good with me . I don't want to have a discussion with some one who calls other not sensible just because they have a different opinion/theory that you don't like anyways.

P.S. Databooks are not facts ( just Data/summary of what we know "thus far" and some trivial info).
P.S.S. Story/said facts can change with explanation in anime/manga world.
I don't mind you throwing around crack pot theories but when someone disproofs your theories with facts and you just throw them to the wind then there's no way for us to convince you of our arguments making a discussion impossible.

Also if you include 3 different types of maybes whatifs or could be's to make a theory possible then you're just throwing enough mud at the wall, for some of it to stick. Which is fine in a wild theories discussion thread but is out of place here.
Closed Thread