Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
<-----my reaction
Ahhh....that reaction NEVER gets old.
Old 2014-02-15, 21:56   Link #63
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Very well done episode.

The music really brought the atmosphere, with Shiroe's recollections, the despair of Scrub Horizon and the fantastic adventurer contract scene. As an active MMO player, Shiroe's ceremony brings goosebumps. Meanwhile, Krusty never fails to be a badass leader to the adventurer army, cleaving a Raid 1 Level 80 Goblin General in one fell swoop. (I also love how the weight of his axe was illustrated by his need to kick the axe so he can lift it.)

And dat chemistry between Rundellhaus Kode and Miss Isuzu.

There's still a month's worth of episodes coming, and the next is the regathering of the OTPs. Can't wait!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-02-15, 22:03   Link #64
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

You know, this makes me curious about something. How exactly do Landers get their class? Are they born with it? Or do they develop their class based on what skill set they are taught in life?

The latter would have interesting implications now that we know that Landers can be (with difficulty I'll note) made into at least what amounts to a Pseudo Adventurer. What if a Lander child isn't taught some traditional skill set, like farming, carpentry, magic, swordsmanship or Sorcery...what would happen if you took a Lander child and had him be tutored by an Adventurer who was an engineer in our world (the people who made the steam engines for example). What class would he/she get? Would they get something entirely new?

And just what exactly could a Pseudo Adventurer with the "engineer" class be able to manufacture?
Old 2014-02-15, 22:08   Link #65
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Cameo of one of D.D.D members, spawned from the fanfic novels "D.D.D diaries".
Many elements from that novel has actually carried over to canon, and looks like we're adding her to the list.

Her.... he. It's a he.
I made the image so it'll be easier to explain.
Now that I pay closer attention, is the artist for the manga/fan art illustration working on the anime production team or something? Considering that the fan art was published around 3 weeks ago, I doubt that was enough time to add her into the episode short-notice.

Quote:
アニメ2/15放送話で登場したアラクスミさんにそっくりて、どういうこと?
もしやmayさんスタッフですか?
And apparently, I'm not the only one thinking that. Someone on pixiv commented a similar thought.
Old 2014-02-15, 23:05   Link #66
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i liked how shiro "using game mechanics" could "cheat" like a real mmo, where you can use some "cleaver mechanics to turn a boss fight more easy or turn a hard quest more easy to do and things like that, not just "i'm harem shounen mc" then i can go god in everything at any time with anything.
Quote:
i really liked the way of shiro used what he learned from the guy to find a cleaver way to "cheat" without sounds like he really is cheating, he still using the rules of the game(but rules who for now only him know).
What Shiroe just did was all about him breaking the rules of the game. He broke the natural law of the world that says Landers die when they're killed, and created a new sub-class out of nothingness. He did it by taking materials used for creating magic scrolls, and writing whatever he pleased on them, instead of using the menu to duplicate some existing scroll.

Indeed, technically much of what the Adventurers are doing with cooking food and building things like ships are them breaking the rules of the game.
Old 2014-02-16, 00:00   Link #67
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
What Shiroe just did was all about him breaking the rules of the game. He broke the natural law of the world that says Landers die when they're killed, and created a new sub-class out of nothingness. He did it by taking materials used for creating magic scrolls, and writing whatever he pleased on them, instead of using the menu to duplicate some existing scroll.

Indeed, technically much of what the Adventurers are doing with cooking food and building things like ships are them breaking the rules of the game.
the guy told to shiroe who is possible to ressurect the land peoples if the spell is used as fast a possible we even have a flashbakc about this, then their can be ressurected, but is much more hard than for adventures.

again the guy explainned to him who this "cheat is possible" you can create "new spell" or even "new thngs in this world if your have enough knowledge about the "world laws mechanics shiroe is just applying what he learned, like the big ship any adventure can actually start to break the "general games land rules as long their know about the game/land bases rules (about how true magic and things works "behind" the scene in the game, like the scripts), is like the adventures can have acess to the games scripts through using cleaver skill mechanics/usage and rerwrite the scripts or create new scripts for what their wanting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I actually do think Log Horizon is superior, but don't think SAO is a bad show. There are certain elements not for me, though. I get annoyed with the main character a lot and didn't like the sister arc in the second half as I found it squicky for instance, though this is subjective.

From a semi-objective narrative level: the first half is very strong. The second half leaves us with Asuna being fridged and a villain who is Evil(TM) without being /fun/ about it, so he doesn't feel very interesting. As a character, he's a cardboard villain without anything to grab the watcher's attention. It also was basically was a repeat of the first arc in many respects, too. It would have been better done differently.

As an example, if the author wanted to focus on Kirito's relationship with his sister, it could have been explored in other ways.
man dont remember me how disgusting and horrible was the second half specially the romance, make his sister fall in love for him the sake of imoto in love "fetichê" was horrible just for her turning in a unrequeted love, well almost every girl is a unrequeted love, the writer just keep adding new girls to be his unrequet love while kirito only have eyes for asuna and make a pointless harem just for the sake of otakus fetiches

the second hal was really painfulll i stopped to watch the second half when i saw the cheap incest romance drama coming and just waited until near the end to watch agains cuz i was aware who will be just many pointless episodes(i tried to watch some of then), most of the second half for me look like more some filler episodes just to make the sister fall for him before he go rescue asuna, really i wish who that second season does not goes for the same formule of the first i gonna try to give a chance but my expecatations are the lowest possible for this show, after that horrible first season.
Old 2014-02-16, 00:04   Link #68
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Just imagine: if one of the adventurers was a lawyer in real life and found out about this new type of magic.

Kill all the lawyers!
Old 2014-02-16, 00:09   Link #69
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Just imagine: if one of the adventurers was a lawyer in real life and found out about this new type of magic.

Kill all the lawyers!
yeah you living in a world where you can probably rewrite almost everything if you have the right skills/class/ubclass and knowledge, the adventures are GODS and only shiro is aware of this.
Old 2014-02-16, 00:10   Link #70
The Green One

If you guys want to bicker about SAO and Log Horizon in comparison then take it to PMs, this is not the thread for it.
Old 2014-02-16, 00:16   Link #71
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
yeah you living in a world where you can probably rewrite almost everything if you have the right skills/class/ubclass and knowledge, the adventures are GODS and only shiro is aware of this.
Yeah, there are hurdles but there is a good reason why Shiroe is keeping it a secret. If a scribe had a high enough level, the materials of a high enough caliber, and an intimate knowledge of law and contracts found out about this, he'd be a god among gods. Scary stuff.
Old 2014-02-16, 00:30   Link #72
Rendius

Krusty, please continue acting like a high-functioning sociopath.

Love, your fans.
Old 2014-02-16, 00:50   Link #73
J4n1

I believe the term you are looking for is psychopath.
Krusty seems perfectly capable of connecting people on emotional level.
Old 2014-02-16, 01:43   Link #74
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
I believe the term you are looking for is psychopath.
Krusty seems perfectly capable of connecting people on emotional level.
By the book definition on both of those terms, Rendius is correct at describing Crusty as Sociopath. Both Sociopath and Psychopath suffer from anti-social behavior. The only difference between those two category, in fact, is that a Psychopath tends to display erratic behaviors while a Sociopath can function normally.

As for the episode, it was awesome. After Shiroe explained how he was going to revive Rudy, I was like, "of course, why didn't I think of it?" The episode also leans on the alternate-world-theory side of things heavily.
Old 2014-02-16, 01:58   Link #75
Rendius

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As for the episode, it was awesome. After Shiroe explained how he was going to revive Rudy, I was like, "of course, why didn't I think of it?" The episode also leans on the alternate-world-theory side of things heavily.
I really like how seemly inconsequential scenes and dialogue in earlier episodes were in fact necessary contributions to the climax of this arc. The build-up to the revelation of Rudy's origins, followed by his revival as an adventurer was an amazing payoff.
Old 2014-02-16, 02:11   Link #76
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendius View Post
I really like how seemly inconsequential scenes and dialogue in earlier episodes were in fact necessary contributions to the climax of this arc. The build-up to the revelation of Rudy's origins, followed by his revival as an adventurer was an amazing payoff.
Agreed. To add to it, I liked the fact that consequently Shiroe re-writes the law of that universe without actually violating or breaking any. Rudy still died but because he is now an Adventurer, he comes back to life.

Btw, Funkatron asked a question in the thread which I thought was a very interesting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron
This brings up an interesting question: if the magic that brought the adventurers to this new world gets reversed and they return back to Earth, will Rudy be dragged along with them since he now is in their ranks?
I don't think so. While he has acquired his Adventurer rank, he is still a native to that world/universe/environment. So even if every Adventurer from Earth returns because of that reversal of whatever brought them there, Rudy shouldn't be included in it just because that world still stays the same minus the Adventurer from Earth.
Old 2014-02-16, 02:21   Link #77
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
By the book definition on both of those terms, Rendius is correct at describing Crusty as Sociopath. Both Sociopath and Psychopath suffer from anti-social behavior. The only difference between those two category, in fact, is that a Psychopath tends to display erratic behaviors while a Sociopath can function normally.
But here's the thing.
Krusty does behave erratically (in battle), and he has shown no anti social behavior or inability to relate to people.
Old 2014-02-16, 02:25   Link #78
EroKing

Same question regarding Rudy's new adventurer status popped into my head and then I was like "Fushigi Yuugi!" :x

It would be quite sweet though if Rudy can end up with Isuzu. Probably impossible with just 5 episodes for something like that so I'm guessing another season?
Old 2014-02-16, 02:29   Link #79
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Best bonus Rudy just received: no more exp penalty, wooooo! Combined with his excessive grinding, he will surely catch up to the rest of his party.

I don't get the whole Crusty talk, he still commands a large force the way a raid leader should, even if it looks as if he's going all Leeroy Jenkins on the goblins - he just loves dishing out the dps
Old 2014-02-16, 02:40   Link #80
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I have to say Shiroe's foray into world-class magic was a success on this episode, of course, it was expected for Rudy to stand up again thanks to previews.

But now that he's finally become an adventurer and the Goblin Army destroyed, I guess it's time for a party then next week!

Spoiler for Funny insight (Potential Crossover):
Closed Thread