AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-01-19, 02:12   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 524 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

brief spoilers released...

Quote:
-Haku and Zabuza are defeated (how is unclear)…

-Kakashi “snaps” (currently unknown)…

-Sai saves the day once again (using Root sealing jutsus)…

-Neji notices 1000s of Zetsus under foot…

-a fight with Gaara begins…

Last edited by james0246; 2011-01-19 at 09:04.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 02:42   Link #2
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Considering the mist, only sensor types should be able to detect Kakashi and Zabuza's presence.

I don't think Zabuza is going to go through with that move. He'll most likely be stopped by a sensor. Kakashi could also let himself be hit to get the same advantage he had last time and use his dogs to trackdown his enemy by scent.

What I would -like- to see is Sakura somehow finding them and stopping the attack. That would be meaningful on an emotional level, but it would also be great if she started developing some sensor skills.

I mean, none of the Genin have any sensing abilities, do they?
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 02:57   Link #3
james0246

^Shino should have some sensing abilities due to his bugs, and it would make sense for Ino to have such abilities as well. Though, I do wonder how a Sensor actually can "see" through chakra controlled mist/fog...

Honestly, the first thing Kakashi should have done is call in a reinforcement Hyuuga to neutralize Zabuza's advantage...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 04:04   Link #4
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Shino should have some sensing abilities due to his bugs, and it would make sense for Ino to have such abilities as well. Though, I do wonder how a Sensor actually can "see" through chakra controlled mist/fog...
Well Ino definitely not, since she used birds to locate Hidan/Kakuzu. Shino could probably be useful, but I don't know if it's really sensing rather than probing through the mist and getting feedback from his bugs.

Quote:
Honestly, the first thing Kakashi should have done is call in a reinforcement Hyuuga to neutralize Zabuza's advantage...
See, I don't think the mist is chakra. If it was, wouldn't the Byakugan be confused in the same way as it is confused by Kage Bunshin? With chakra in the air everywhere, it would be impossible for sensors -and- Byakugan users.
Old 2011-01-19, 04:31   Link #5
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
What I would -like- to see is Sakura somehow finding them and stopping the attack. That would be meaningful on an emotional level, but it would also be great if she started developing some sensor skills.
Why would Sakura suddenly develop sensor skills out of nowhere?

Also, lulz at women doing anything in this manga.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 05:34   Link #6
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Spoiler!

Credits: ohana
Translation: UchihaSage from NF

ハク死亡
Haku dies
ザブザ死亡
Zabuza dies
カカシ、穢土転生に切れ
Kakashi, cuts edo tensei
これからサイと根の封印術を使って戦う。(らしい)
From now Sai and root fight by using a fuuin(sealing) jutsu technique (probably)

黄ツチ組 ネジ組の下を白ゼツ数千体が通過
underneath kitsuchi-team neji-team is white zetsu

透明人間?VSガーラ
invisible man vs gaara?
Old 2011-01-19, 08:04   Link #7
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Why would Sakura suddenly develop sensor skills out of nowhere?
The same way Naruto pulled Kage Bunshin out of nowhere?

Quote:
Also, lulz at women doing anything in this manga.
Yeah, women are under-represented.
Old 2011-01-19, 08:18   Link #8
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I think that Naruto will show up soon. It's about time Sasuke and Naruto enter the stage somehow as Zabusa and Haku are closely related to Naruto in an emotional way.
After all, the bridge was named after Naruto who somehow saved his comrades (even if it was only by creating an entrance and awakening the Nine Tails)...
In fact, when Sasuke and Suigetsu came for the Executioner's Blade, things had been prepared the current situation. With Naruto reaching the end of his training and Sasuke having a pair of new eyes, the wheel has come full circle.

It's about time Jugo and Suigetsu come for the swords and as we've seen before, it's about time that the youth meets the strongest people from the past in order to defeat them on the battleground.

Now is the time every single one of them gets the chance to prove his worth in the new world by fighting a legend from the past and it's about time Naruto gets acknowledged by the whole ninja world. He now has the chance to become greatest of all, the Kage of an allianced nina world, forged together by the blow of the hammer in Naruto's hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
I totally agree with this statement! I was just watching through all the old naruto fights and they had a completely different vibe to them than they do now. The best example is Naruto during the chuunin exam. This was the first time naruto actually got smarter in combat and was making multiple good decisions and attack choices as opposed to now where he's all about the Shounin power up syndrome.

I feel like everyone is selling Zabuza short because he got beat by Kakashi before he had MS, but Kakashi almost died both times they fought and didn't directly overpower Zabuza like what happens in these newer fights. There were subtle intelligent choices Kakashi made to place himself in advantageous positions. Now that Zabuza is a Zombie none of the cheats Kakashi used before will work.
I think Zabusa even took Kakashi lightly. He wasn't even scared of the Sharingan or anything. He was totally calm and confident and if Naruto and Sasuke hadn't been two absolutely unique and spectacular prodigies, he had won.
Old 2011-01-19, 08:49   Link #9
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Another translation by TakL

Haku is dead
Zabza is dead
Kakashi gets mad about edotensei
And is now to use sealing of 'root' with sai to fight.(it seems)

Thousands of white zetsus get past the underneath of Kitsuchi team and neji team.

Transparent/Invisible man? VS Gaara

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I think that Naruto will show up soon. It's about time Sasuke and Naruto enter the stage somehow as Zabusa and Haku are closely related to Naruto in an emotional way.
We are probably not going to see Naruto for a while. Or at least he is not going to get involved. We have too many fights yet for the other characters.
Old 2011-01-19, 09:31   Link #10
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post

We are probably not going to see Naruto for a while. Or at least he is not going to get involved. We have too many fights yet for the other characters.
Hahahaha...

"The legendary Aotsuchi Squad of the Hidden Rock... Korubo Mitsae, Udon Kawamiwa, Sendo Tsubashi, Watari Moronori... equipped with the unique power of..." oh, they've been defeated already...
Old 2011-01-19, 11:56   Link #11
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
.Transparent/Invisible man? VS Gaara
It's suppose to be the bandaged Kage. It's Gaara's Division vs. the three Kages.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 12:38   Link #12
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Though, I do wonder how a Sensor actually can "see" through chakra controlled mist/fog...
I assume they look for a concentrated source of chakra within the mist of chakra. You know, like how you can see the dark shadow of a person in the darkness.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 17:25   Link #13
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Well Ino definitely not, since she used birds to locate Hidan/Kakuzu. Shino could probably be useful, but I don't know if it's really sensing rather than probing through the mist and getting feedback from his bugs.

See, I don't think the mist is chakra. If it was, wouldn't the Byakugan be confused in the same way as it is confused by Kage Bunshin? With chakra in the air everywhere, it would be impossible for sensors -and- Byakugan users.
Well Sakura isn't the sensor type so having her just come over and save the day would be awesome but would make no sense unfortunately. Ino is more of a sensor then she is. Really a Hyuga might do them some good but we really don't know if they would be able to see through the fog. His best bet probably would have been Kiba because fog can't disable his sense of smell or Shino because all he has to do is plant a female bug and the rest of his bugs can find Zabuza. The BEST bet would Karin but since we know she is probably in jail right now thats not happening.
Old 2011-01-19, 17:35   Link #14
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I assume they look for a concentrated source of chakra within the mist of chakra. You know, like how you can see the dark shadow of a person in the darkness.
It would make sense that the sharingan can't do it but the byakugan can, since the latter is much better at seeing chakra. But in that case Kabuto's tactics would be immediately ruined, which is why Kishimoto is not doing that. He can just say that not even byakugan can see through that fog and that's it.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 18:48   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
His best bet probably would have been Kiba because fog can't disable his sense of smell or Shino because all he has to do is plant a female bug and the rest of his bugs can find Zabuza. The BEST bet would Karin but since we know she is probably in jail right now thats not happening.
Kakashi also has a really keen sense of smell. Naruto said it was on par with Kiba's. Don't know if it's really that good, but it's good enough to detect enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
It's suppose to be the bandaged Kage. It's Gaara's Division vs. the three Kages.
Huh. That's a nice nod to invisible Iwa nin from the Kakashi Gaiden. Probably there's a whole clan of ninja with that ability. Wonder if the kage has an advanced version of the jutsu, one that hide him from doujutsu, sensors, etc.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2011-01-19 at 18:59.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 01:38   Link #16
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
lol @ 1000 more zetsus underground.
Old 2011-01-20, 03:20   Link #17
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
No chapter yet.

Sai doesn't use any ROOT sealing jutsu this chapter. He can't use that yet, but Kakashi is giving him a pep talk.

I guess this is what Kishi was talking about at the Jump Festa. Kakashi time. The Nara guy binds Haku. Zabuza cuts Kakashi, but it's a minor wound. Kakashi raikiris Zabuza. The Nara guys binds Zabuza. The Sand girl uses her cloth to drape both and preforms a sealing jutsu. Both are still "alive" but can't be summoned by Kabuto. The Sand girl says she will watch them. Kakashi gets pissed and takes Zabuza's sword.

Neji doesn't notice any Zetsu underneath. It was the sensors and intelligence division that saw numerous Zetsu moving past them. Neji's group are getting beat up by the Zetsu.

Muu the Second Tsuchikage has found the Long Range Division. I'd imagine the other Kages are near him since they were together.
Old 2011-01-20, 05:43   Link #18
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Ooooo angry Kakashi. This I got to see.
Old 2011-01-20, 11:35   Link #19
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Kakashi, the Copy-Ninja... quite impressive that he actually copied the ANBU Root sealing techniques. He's amazing <3

He sure has open eyes. Not only can he see, no he can also comprehend what he sees. With Sharingan users becoming even more rare due to their attitude towards the world, Kakashi might end up as the last Sharingan user in the world. Then again, there are so many eyes which have been collected by Tobidara that it would be possible to create a hundred Copy-Ninjas once they fall into the Ninja Alliance's hands.

It could be a bad turn in the story, but I think Naruto has more than enough chakra to actually use the Sharingan and MS techniques in battle without any tremendous downsides (except depending on the eye too much because he got used to it).

I still don't know what Madara wants with all those eyes? Does he want to integrate them into his own body like Danzou did? Who could ever hope to survive a fight against someone that strong? 100 Izanagi eyes and a mix of Sharingan and Rin'negan... that would be insane. Maybe Naruto could beat that if he possessed Sasuke's EMS (or vice versa). After all these movies, I suppose Naruto and Sasuke will fight Madara at full power and thus be praised as heroes. Maybe Sasuke will die and Naruto will be enthroned, but that's just my fantasy. That fantasy tells me that Sasuke can only be redeemed at the cost of his life, but thus fully redeemed in the eyes of Naruto who always believed in him.
Old 2011-01-20, 13:43   Link #20
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

So due to the Will of Fire, going Super Saiyan, or some other crap, Kakashi is going to get a larger stamina pool? Becuase who cares if he knows 1,000 jutsu. He always runs low on chakra.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion