AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-11, 20:40   Link #201
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
If Char does get a bracelet present from Ichika, I will die happy ;w;
Spoiler for answer:

BTW guys, this is the 200th post on the Ichika x Chal thread. -throws her hands up in the air-
Old 2011-03-11, 22:46   Link #202
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Spoiler for answer:
wait wut? why was the scene skipped? O_o
Old 2011-03-11, 23:31   Link #203
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

It is rather unusual that they skipped that scene since anyone without prior Light Novel knowledge would be wondering what the heck Ichika bought for the rest of series (Unless you had inhumanly sharp observation skills)... Then again, that might have been exactly the reason they skipped it. Makes me wonder if they anticipated Charlotte Mania before the series aired.

Definitely hope that they will do a flashback to explain the bracelet and one more "Ichika no Ecchi" moment before the end of the series for the sake of being more awesome. ^_^
Old 2011-03-11, 23:33   Link #204
Calca
Expressionless

Everyone loves Charlotte! I enjoy it when the crowd goes for the non-obvious female (Houki)
Old 2011-03-11, 23:37   Link #205
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
It is rather unusual that they skipped that scene since anyone without prior Light Novel knowledge would be wondering what the heck Ichika bought for the rest of series (Unless you had inhumanly sharp observation skills)... Then again, that might have been exactly the reason they skipped it. Makes me wonder if they anticipated Charlotte Mania before the series aired.
If they did put the scene in just imagine how one-sided the show would have felt after that. I'm going to guess and say if they do make a S2 they'll fit it in as a flashback when Charlotte brings it up.
Old 2011-03-12, 00:14   Link #206
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Well, I thought it was kinda obvious. I mean, Ichika sees a jewelry store, seperates from Chal for a bit and then Chal is seen using a silver bracelette. You just gotta connect the dots. Plus, if the gift hadn't been meant for Chal, then Ichika being the dense idiot he is, would have just asked her to come along to buy it with him.
Old 2011-03-12, 00:42   Link #207
Calca
Expressionless

"Char" seems a bit too masculine for a nickname. If I were Ichika, I would call her "Charyl"
Old 2011-03-12, 01:58   Link #208
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
"Char" seems a bit too masculine for a nickname. If I were Ichika, I would call her "Charyl"
But, there would be no red comet jokes!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-03-12, 02:06   Link #209
Joe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Well, I thought it was kinda obvious. I mean, Ichika sees a jewelry store, seperates from Chal for a bit and then Chal is seen using a silver bracelette. You just gotta connect the dots. Plus, if the gift hadn't been meant for Chal, then Ichika being the dense idiot he is, would have just asked her to come along to buy it with him.
or maybe being considerate of her feelings and not buying an gift for another girl while they were out togther which is why he separated, though that would probably be too much for oblivious ichika to contemplate

as for the gift im pretty sure
Spoiler for :
Old 2011-03-12, 09:06   Link #210
eiyuu99

The bracelet could be a result of another afterthought by Ichika.

He's dense enough to mention bringing Char along as an afterthought.
Old 2011-03-12, 09:18   Link #211
Viperflame

someone did Charlotte and Alt crossover vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T0-SyZmLqY
Old 2011-03-12, 10:35   Link #212
larethian

seeing how she helped Laura, she deserves the place of the harem matriarch
Old 2011-03-12, 11:29   Link #213
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe88 View Post
As for the gift im pretty sure
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for Houki's Gift:

Quote:
seeing how she helped Laura, she deserves the place of the harem matriarch
Agreed! ^_^ On the flip side, if being friendly doesn't work out for her, she also has a terrifying aura when angered similar to Miya of Sekirei or Chizuru of Ika Musume who rule all the girls in their respective shows with an iron fist. She has yet to show it in the anime though... would be awesome to see her IS abilities if she actually does go into this mode while piloting. Who knows? Maybe she'll grow wings and start blasting small planets out of orbit with One Winged Angel playing in the background. ^_-

Last edited by Shiikamayo; 2011-03-12 at 11:48.
Old 2011-03-13, 01:13   Link #214
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
haha i was actually thinking he was gonna call her "Lotte" for a sec, since i have seen that as a nickname for a girl named charlotte in the states.
Quote:
Incidentally, if Ichika ends up giving Houki a small pink ribbon, I'll laugh uncontrollably and officially declare Ichika to be the best male harem lead of all time (Remember the ribbon on the gift box Ichika was carrying? Yeah - that).
haha i was thinking the same thing and yes that would be hilarious
Old 2011-03-13, 09:24   Link #215
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Moreover, "Char" means "Tank" in french. Try calling a french girl that and see how she reacts... (protip: not the same way as Charlotte did).
Old 2011-03-13, 13:21   Link #216
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Charlotte seems to be one of the harder names to make a short version of, like "Richard". Just going by wikipedia, some short versions of Charlotte are Charlie, Chaz, Lotta, Lottie, Lotte, Charl and of course, Char (I actually thought it was a Romanji undershoot for the longest time in IS).

Personally, although I tend to type the full name Charlotte out, in my head, I think of her name as "Sharururu"... yes, I make her name even harder to pronounce than the original, but I think it's cute (And I never actually have to write it out). Incidentally, creating efficient names is clearly not one of my talents (Look at my username for example).

If I recall correctly, the name "Charlotte" means something like "Little Womanly One".
Old 2011-03-16, 15:41   Link #217
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
If Char does get a bracelet present from Ichika, I will die happy ;w;
I would die as well. XDD
Old 2011-03-16, 16:07   Link #218
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Lol, I wouldnŽt die...but I'd be really happy if weŽd get more IchiChal moments...some really cute ones and sexy ones. xD
Old 2011-03-16, 17:08   Link #219
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

My overall opinion of the anime would increase 20% if we could get just one more "Ichika no Ecchi" by the end of the show .
Old 2011-03-16, 19:13   Link #220
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
My overall opinion of the anime would increase 20% if we could get just one more "Ichika no Ecchi" by the end of the show .
So, what would your opinion be if (hypothetical situation) Charlotte confesses to Ichika? (and Ichika accepts)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters