Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-24, 23:09   Link #11921
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I don't hate Ruinberg or Himmelsdorf, I just wish WG was not stupid enough to consider the new "photoshopped" versions as separate maps when randomly rotating them.
The bigger problem was that Ruinberg wasn't even on fire... It was Ruinberg with way the hell too much smoke.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 23:12   Link #11922
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I've been getting a lot of Ruinberg (on Fire) over the past week, and, after an initial period of no Windstorm, a lot of Windstorm.

Probably the most annoying Ruinberg streak was all four games played in my Pz38nA, over two different days, were located on that map, one Tier 9 followed by three Tier 8s. :\
I dont even want to play a German heavy for some reason Besides, my play style just switched to All-Rounder(Scout, Sniper, Flanker, Brawler) from Sniper(Tank Destroyers) thanks to my experience in playing Soviet Meds.

The truth is that whenever I play a Soviet MT, I feel very comfortable. Is this what we call 'comfort zone'?
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 23:24   Link #11923
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
The truth is that whenever I play a Soviet MT, I feel very comfortable. Is this what we call 'comfort zone'?
No, it's what we call "Russian bias".
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 23:41   Link #11924
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Soviet mediums have high comfort levels in general, and they're definitely easier to handle than, say, anything in the German medium lines. That's not to say it's not possible to suck in them -- see the numerous red T-54s and T-62As out there.
Old 2014-02-24, 23:55   Link #11925
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Sounds good. I'll pack my latest 15 then.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ye...69/replays.rar

Here it is. Thank you
Okay then.

Spoiler for IS-6, Ensk:

Spoiler for SU-122-44, Highway:

Spoiler for T34, Severogorsk:

Spoiler for Tiger II, Abbey:

Spoiler for IS-6, Sand River:

Quote:
The bigger problem was that Ruinberg wasn't even on fire... It was Ruinberg with way the hell too much smoke.
Obviously, WG decided that "Ruinberg with Lung Cancer" didn't sound cool enough.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 00:23   Link #11926
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Thank you

IS-6 Ensk: Yeah I was constantly looking at my rear and was wondering why the hell they didn't flank me yet. But good point about the overextending. That explains why I have only been comfortable with round mountain corner peekaboos where the terrain itself stopped me from overextending.

SU-122-44: I regretted it the moment I went that way, probably because I forgot that I wasn't a tank. Then I kinda got stuck when they showed up. Guess I'll develop the habit of relocating. It kinda escapes me mind most of the time.
How probable is the magical forest for Murovanka in recent patches? I haven't gone there in ages. Even as a TD I remember that once I get spotted it was all over because it was really just flat ground. Can SU-122-44 handle it?

T34 Severogorsk: Funny that you pointed it out. It was actually the first time I went that way. Mostly because in the last 4 or 5 times on this map I was sniped to below 50% health on my way to the other side. Will hugging the edge more help it?

Tiger II Abbey: Interesting. I always doubted that myself but never got a confirmation. I have a habit of martyring on the flank with literally no one else and always feel paranoid if I don't. But I guess since I got confirmation from you I'll change that up next time.

IS-6 Sand River: Was north the right decision for the IS-6 though, despite the loss of hill control? I was afraid that I might be held at long distance by German tanks/TDs in south, preventing me from even hitting them, or bouncing due to APCR over long distances on top of not being to aim for weak spots.
Yeah. That was kinda cute. I'll give him that. I always knew that particular arty was fast, but that was a bit over the top... Wonder if it were built on an ELC chassis :P

Anyway, thanks again. And as promised, *Achi-glomp*.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 00:35   Link #11927
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
No, it's what we call "Russian bias".
Oh lol, but what about the Russian TD? I`ve checked the history of ISU-154 in youtube.

Old 2014-02-25, 01:05   Link #11928
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
overextending
There's the word I was looking for.

Quote:
How probable is the magical forest for Murovanka in recent patches? I haven't gone there in ages. Even as a TD I remember that once I get spotted it was all over because it was really just flat ground. Can SU-122-44 handle it?
I've only recently taken the AMX 13 75 there and gotten blown up every time, so I can't give much advice except for god's sake don't park your IS-3 or E-75 in there for half of the match. You either defend your team from the forest using scouts and snipers or you push through it aggressively.

Quote:
T34 Severogorsk: Funny that you pointed it out. It was actually the first time I went that way. Mostly because in the last 4 or 5 times on this map I was sniped to below 50% health on my way to the other side. Will hugging the edge more help it?
Yes it would. And if the enemy does get to that side before you, use houses and terrain (which there are a lot of) to poke out of and play distance peekaboo with them, preferably when they are distracted by other snipers. Close the gap and climb the hill up to them if you can, but only when you feel safer to do so.

Quote:
IS-6 Sand River: Was north the right decision for the IS-6 though, despite the loss of hill control? I was afraid that I might be held at long distance by German tanks/TDs in south, preventing me from even hitting them, or bouncing due to APCR over long distances on top of not being to aim for weak spots.
In heavy tanks and some TDs on the south side of Sand River (west spawn), I usually try to stay hulldown on the side of the dune on the K-line and let mediums or lights light up enemies in the distance. Going north in the IS-6 can be effective for either spawn, and I don't think you were wrong for going that way, since the terrain there lets you play like a Soviet heavy more.

Quote:
Anyway, thanks again. And as promised, *Achi-glomp*.
You're welcome.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 01:16   Link #11929
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Oh lol, but what about the Russian TD? I`ve checked the history of ISU-154 in youtube.
Eh, medium tanks are much more fun to play since you actually get to go out, drive around frantically, and blow things up rather than just camp. It's just that the Soviet mediums, with their good speed, small size, and armored turrets, are the best tanks to do this in.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 02:47   Link #11930
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Eh, medium tanks are much more fun to play since you actually get to go out, drive around frantically, and blow things up rather than just camp. It's just that the Soviet mediums, with their good speed, small size, and armored turrets, are the best tanks to do this in.
Thanks Leo
Old 2014-02-25, 05:21   Link #11931
Pen3

Played some STA-1 today and went 9/10. Even a noob like me can excel in this thing!
Images

Batchat still a good tank.
Images

Last edited by Pen3; 2014-02-25 at 05:41.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 10:23   Link #11932
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I saw an eye sore screenshot posted in WOT Asia forum, the worst sight I ever seen yet.

I better save cash to buy headset w/ coms to get back
Old 2014-02-25, 10:54   Link #11933
Gravitas Free Zone

Hell, I just got Ruinberg for the Pz38nA again. (And I goofed in the previous post, the Tier 9 Ruinberg game was in the 1602, which... basically the same problem.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 11:02   Link #11934
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I would actually be totally fine with getting Ruinberg for every single game. Give me your Ruinberg games and you can have my Erlenberg games in exchange.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 10:03   Link #11935
Gravitas Free Zone

A little FTR blurb about 9.0.
Old 2014-02-27, 11:27   Link #11936
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

make some gif from that video

Spoiler:
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 12:14   Link #11937
Blaat

I wonder if we're going to see more ammo racks after 9.0, it doesn't happen that often currently.

Anyway SEA has a great event going on, 50k xp per nation for a KV-220. Hope EU and USA will see the same event.
Old 2014-02-27, 12:23   Link #11938
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I wonder if we're going to see more ammo racks after 9.0, it doesn't happen that often currently.

Anyway SEA has a great event going on, 50k xp per nation for a KV-220. Hope EU and USA will see the same event.
If the do, it could be a nice reason to come back to the game... again.

But knowing EU (and possibly NA too), they will go with the "buy a kv-220 for $40 and get one day of premium as gift"
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 13:02   Link #11939
Gravitas Free Zone

I got a Tank Sniper on Westfield in a Tier 8 game... in a Type 58.

(Actually, it makes some sense as our top tiers were fighting at knife range up on the hill while I was poking around the SE corner forest, but the Type 58's gun accuracy isn't especially wondrous.)

How many days for the 50K KV-220 mission? Because it would suck if it only required half the XP cost of the IS-6 mission but you only had half the time to do it in.
Old 2014-02-27, 13:09   Link #11940
Blaat

It's from 28-2 till 28-3, so erm 28 days And you get a day premium after completing a single nation. Piss easy.

I don't think we're going to get it it's not listed on the upcoming mission list at least on the EU server. It might be their version of the T-15 mission and whatever free premium the US peeps got (something with grinding the German TD line right?)

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks