AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 43 13.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 6.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 8.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 6.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 4.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 3.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 12 3.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 135 42.45%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-18, 20:04   Link #521
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

At this rate, I'm pretty sure we're going to have at least 3 more Endless Eight Episodes.
Old 2009-07-18, 20:44   Link #522
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parappashi View Post
So what was with the plane in the previous episode?
Kyon wants to go with Haruhi to Hawaii ^__^
Old 2009-07-18, 23:01   Link #523
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
I think they're testing the fans to see how loyal they really are.
As if the 3 year wait wasn't enough
I really hope this whole gag thing isn't really about testing the fans.

I call the BS card for that.
Old 2009-07-18, 23:48   Link #524
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Now THAT would be an awesome episode. I can only imagine what Haruhi would do around all those volcanoes. And Americans. Hmm...

Not to mention how amazing Haruhi x Kyon was to watch during Remote Island Syndrome.
Old 2009-07-19, 00:27   Link #525
OkamiNoKaze

Speaking of which, I think the endless 8 loop is partially a result of the events in Lonely Island. Not because it's something that hasn't been done, but something she wants to do again,

Spoiler for speculation:

Does anyone think the term "Endless 8" will be a new replacement for this type of show, even applied retroactively, like "Jumping the Shark"?
Old 2009-07-19, 00:47   Link #526
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Does anyone think the term "Endless 8" will be a new replacement for this type of show, even applied retroactively, like "Jumping the Shark"?
What? Something that is awesome, despite the fact that a small, yet highly vocal portion of the fanbase insists is bad for whatever reason?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-19, 00:51   Link #527
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Eh, I just skim through these endless episodes. Picked up a few differences, no doubt missed a lot more. Not that it really matters.

It's a shame. Oh, well, I'm just repeating my sentiments from the previous iterations...
Old 2009-07-19, 01:07   Link #528
OkamiNoKaze

No sorry, I meant "Time loop" episodes, after looking at it, I wasn't clear
Old 2009-07-19, 01:36   Link #529
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Now that's an idea. I think Haruhi, Koizumi, and Nagato would be competent enough to sneak the SOS Brigade onto--no--commandeer a plane and fly to Hawaii. Even without Nagato's data manipulation, I think the Brigade could just manage to accomplish this mission. And besides, any lasting damage that might occur during the trip could be reversed at the Endless Eight reset. I'm all for a radically different Endless Eight ep.
Old 2009-07-19, 01:49   Link #530
OkamiNoKaze

Just keep them away from the Bermuda Triangle as suggested during Lone Island
Old 2009-07-19, 02:42   Link #531
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Just keep them away from the Bermuda Triangle as suggested during Lone Island
FOOL!

Why else would the SOS Brigade go even REMOTELY close to the United States?! Without a doubt, their goal would be the ever mysterious Bermuda Triangle! Knowing their bad luck, they would likely end up stranded on a boat or island without any rescue all because of Haruhi's immense desire to di--seek out mystery!

All is well, because all they have to do is wave their badges around if they see any planes, boats, or helicopters. They wont have to gather rocks and spell out S.O.S.

Aaaanyhow... I liked this one, it was humorous (Koizumi being dramatic is always funny, though I liked it when he started repeating himself to emphasize the fact that they're stuck in a time loop), and it had lots of both flamboyant and minuscule comedic moments in it (like drawing the infinity symbol).

So far the big hints have been related to flight and romance. I'm not really sure what needs to be done to fix their problem (I gave up guessing a loooong time ago), but I'm sure it's somewhere in there. Hopefully it's romance. ... Please be romance.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:18   Link #532
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post
Now that's an idea. I think Haruhi, Koizumi, and Nagato would be competent enough to sneak the SOS Brigade onto--no--commandeer a plane and fly to Hawaii. Even without Nagato's data manipulation, I think the Brigade could just manage to accomplish this mission. And besides, any lasting damage that might occur during the trip could be reversed at the Endless Eight reset. I'm all for a radically different Endless Eight ep.
I could totally see Koizumi's organization setting up a chartered flight for the Brigade. But then the dissenting faction of the Data Overmind could attack the plane, terrorist style. No... nevermind. That's a lame plot. :P

However. the trouble with assuming any damage will be reverted at midnight on August 31st is, well, we're dealing with Haruhi here. She would probably LOVE to see some mayhem happen and as a result feel totally satisfied with their summer vacation. Then the rest of us would be stuck with the consequences of their shenanigans.

No, I think it might be wise to play it safe.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:38   Link #533
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonomi View Post
But then the dissenting faction of the Data Overmind could attack the plane, terrorist style.
Considering the fact that Haruhi, their observation target, would be on said plane...

Of course, Nagato would do everything in her power to prevent such a thing from happening, anyway...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:42   Link #534
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Since when does Haruhi need to go someplace special to have something weird happen? They could go up into the countryside or to another Japanese Island and get the same...or worse for a lot less cost (in lives...maybe).

Unless it is the Anime Triangle between Kyoto (or whatever city Haruhi is based in), Hinamizawa, and Rokkenjima.
Old 2009-07-19, 04:02   Link #535
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Since when does Haruhi need to go someplace special to have something weird happen? They could go up into the countryside or to another Japanese Island and get the same...or worse for a lot less cost (in lives...maybe).

Unless it is the Anime Triangle between Kyoto (or whatever city Haruhi is based in), Hinamizawa, and Rokkenjima.
Haruhi is set in Nishinomiya. It's a city in the Kansai region.
Old 2009-07-19, 04:12   Link #536
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nishinomiya, Rokkenjina, and Hinamizawa....great places to raise children...children...children....
Old 2009-07-19, 07:52   Link #537
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Nishinomiya, Rokkenjina, and Hinamizawa....great places to raise children...children...children....
Or not. Well, they're never going to get old, that's for sure...
Old 2009-07-19, 08:06   Link #538
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Or not. Well, they're never going to get old, that's for sure...
They don't stay cute forever, anyway. It's better this way.
Old 2009-07-19, 08:51   Link #539
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
What? Something that is awesome, despite the fact that a small, yet highly vocal portion of the fanbase insists is bad for whatever reason?
Personally, I thought Fonzi actually jumping the shark in that one vacation episode was way cooler than anything in E8 so far.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy!
Old 2009-07-19, 09:09   Link #540
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Koizumi's dive in the third Endless Eight.
Closed Thread