AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 23:52   Link #1041
SkoolRumble4Ya

Shanks is one strong dude even though he doesn't have a devil fruit power.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 03:25   Link #1042
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

RIP WhiteBeard such awesome death
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 06:46   Link #1043
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
Yeah thats a good way lol

Anyway, in the Impel Down.. How did Blackbeard survive? I mean I knew he got an Shiryuu gave Blackbeard an antidote, but still the medical team has never made a antidote when Magellan has covered someone in poison badly. And you saw how much poison there was on Blackbeard and his crew members. It was the same as Luffy's..
Actually no. It was a standard poison against BB's crew with his hydra. Luffy got soaked in various levels of poison, and so much so...that he was beyond any help...

Pwngo
Quote:
Pretty much the same in my opinion...

Just realised that Vortex, one of blackbeard's power.. doesnt work against normal humans... So Shanks will probably fight evenly with Blackbeard, since he doesn't use a devil fruit power.
His DF works on everyone, jut because he doesn't have DF means veryh little. He can still draw Shanks in - and then EQ him. Or just EQ him. Then again, Shanks is a world class swordsman, and he has mastered all the various forms of haki....
I suppose you could say he's just a younger sexier version of Rayleigh..
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 11:07   Link #1044
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Actually no. It was a standard poison against BB's crew with his hydra. Luffy got soaked in various levels of poison, and so much so...that he was beyond any help...

Pwngo

His DF works on everyone, jut because he doesn't have DF means veryh little. He can still draw Shanks in - and then EQ him. Or just EQ him. Then again, Shanks is a world class swordsman, and he has mastered all the various forms of haki....
Well.. I just read it and it said that Vortex only works on DF people. Doesn't say it works on normal human beings. I dont know about Blackbeard's other move, but Vortex wont really suck in people without DF powers. I think xD! Yeah loool
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 11:11   Link #1045
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Well.. I just read it and it said that Vortex only works on DF people. Doesn't say it works on normal human beings. I dont know about Blackbeard's other move, but Vortex wont really suck in people without DF powers. I think xD! Yeah loool

The vortex is basically a literal black hole, it'll suck anything in. I really don't see the logic in saying it can only suck in Devil Fruit Users~

Vortex of course works better with Devil Fruit users, seeing as they tend to not react well when they realize their powers are gone with Blackbeard's massive hand around them~
Old 2011-02-10, 11:19   Link #1046
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Surely hes younger, but sexier?

I think thats a contentious claim.
Old 2011-02-10, 13:23   Link #1047
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
The vortex is basically a literal black hole, it'll suck anything in. I really don't see the logic in saying it can only suck in Devil Fruit Users~

Vortex of course works better with Devil Fruit users, seeing as they tend to not react well when they realize their powers are gone with Blackbeard's massive hand around them~
Rewatch Ace and Blackbeard's fight I think.. I think its true I dont know, but when I read it, it sounds it only sucks in DF users.
Old 2011-02-10, 13:49   Link #1048
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Rewatch Ace and Blackbeard's fight I think.. I think its true I dont know, but when I read it, it sounds it only sucks in DF users.
DF users are stripped of their abilities once Blackbeard grabs hold of them with Kurouzu (Dark Vortex). Of course, normal humans aren't affected by this because they have no DF abilities. But DF user or not, NOTHING can escape the gravitational pull of the Darkness fruit.
Old 2011-02-10, 14:21   Link #1049
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Surely hes younger, but sexier?

I think thats a contentious claim.
I think you'll find there are a legion of Shanks fangirls out there, that agree with me.

Quote:
It works on everyone. It works better on DF users - because it draws out their true form....

Next episode is gettin ever closer....i can't wait to see Sengoku take on Blackbeard..and how they flesh the fight out a bit...
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 14:29   Link #1050
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
DF users are stripped of their abilities once Blackbeard grabs hold of them with Kurouzu (Dark Vortex). Of course, normal humans aren't affected by this because they have no DF abilities. But DF user or not, NOTHING can escape the gravitational pull of the Darkness fruit.
Yeah but he only used blackhole and not vortex on the marines when he went in to Impel down. So what he is saying from Ace's fight, he cannot use Vortex against non-DF users, but this is in my opinion.. So we haven't even see him use vortex against normal human beings. Black hole can..
Old 2011-02-10, 14:52   Link #1051
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ BB just chose to use Black Hole on those fodder marines. Why? Because it's efficient for dealing with multiple weak enemies. Dark Vortex is best used against individuals, since BB only has that one hand to grab someone.

Again, the Darkness has no limitations. Nothing can escape its gravitational pull. This is irrefutable.
Old 2011-02-10, 15:00   Link #1052
Kallen4life

it's obvious that he can pull anything and anyone to him, but the 'turn off DF via putting his hand on the enemy' doesn't work on non-DF users, because they have no DF to turn off

and of course he'll only pull strong top tier opponents to him that need to be taken out with a quake punch or two @ point-blank range .. why bother doing it with fodder - just suck em up with darkness or quake them from a distance .. or let crew deal with them
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:07   Link #1053
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Lol.. Best tactic.. Use Vortex on a devil fruit user and when they come intact with him. Smash the guy with a quake LOOOL! xD
Old 2011-02-10, 17:42   Link #1054
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Speaking of Blackbeard.....

Once he sucks up something (towns, groups of people, etc), can he lug that stuff around for awhile to Liberate later? Cause all I've seen so far is Blackbeard sucking things in, then afew seconds later releasing it all about.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:12   Link #1055
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Speaking of Blackbeard.....

Once he sucks up something (towns, groups of people, etc), can he lug that stuff around for awhile to Liberate later? Cause all I've seen so far is Blackbeard sucking things in, then afew seconds later releasing it all about.
Good question. Truth be told, we really don't know. During BB's fight with Ace, he was merely demonstrating his power. For that purpose, wasting time wasn't appropriate, know what I mean?

Although, storing the aforementioned items you listed inside of his black hole for long periods of time does seem a bit overpowering. But then again, BB has yet to master his Darkness fruit (he hasn't had it for that long).
Old 2011-02-10, 18:46   Link #1056
Kallen4life

it would be so cool if he could suck up like Kizaru's lasers or Akainu's gigantic magma fists, keep em like in stasis for a long time and then liberate - lasers are still light-speed and magma is still burning hot .. overpowered though

it's actually a good thing he went for WB's fruit (for him) .. his method of attack against top tier opponents prior was to pull in close and hit em with a fist (I don't think throwing stuff via liberation can hurt top-tier) .. of course, he has great strength - almost broke Ace's neck and actually hurt WB a few times (anime-only), but that's hardly enough .. NOW he has quakes in his fist - jackpot ! of course, the most durable one's can tank even 1-2 quakes and keep going, but those are probably very-very few in the entire world .. and repeated hits are likely guaranteed to kill anyone
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-02-10, 18:53   Link #1057
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
it's actually a good thing he went for WB's fruit (for him) .. his method of attack against top tier opponents prior was to pull in close and hit em with a fist (I don't think throwing stuff via liberation can hurt top-tier) .. of course, he has great strength - almost broke Ace's neck and actually hurt WB a few times (anime-only), but that's hardly enough .. NOW he has quakes in his fist - jackpot ! of course, the most durable one's can tank even 1-2 quakes and keep going, but those are probably very-very few in the entire world .. and repeated hits are likely guaranteed to kill anyone
Darkness+Quake really is a lethal combination. There's no way of avoiding that kind of offense, and in the end it comes down to how much the victim can endure.
Old 2011-02-10, 19:20   Link #1058
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Well.. If Blackbeard does fight Luffy then.. I'm pretty sure Luffy got some moves up his sleeves. I mean he won't be as weak as right now. I'm certainly sure that his going to fight evenly, everytime he beats a strong boss he'll get stronger and stronger like the rest of Straw Hat's crew..
Old 2011-02-10, 19:45   Link #1059
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Of course. Right now, Luffy is no where near ready to face BB. But when they inevitably clash again, he'll be on a whole other level. That battle will be glorious.
Old 2011-02-10, 19:52   Link #1060
Kallen4life

opponent can get a good shot in while being sucked towards - logias launch their elements (like Akainu and especially Kizaru - very fast and while a quake punch will block a magma-fist, I'm not so sure about a laser beam) and swordsmen launch their WaveMotionSwords - think Mihawk's iceberg splitting slash .. then if they're non-DF - continue it up close since they're unaffected by the power-drain (again, swordsmen rock here), though this one is harder, because Gura Gura ensures being near BB is lethal to one's health even more so then Yami Yami .. possibly somehow attack BB's darkness holding hand, get free and avoid the quake-fist (dodge or if a logia after being free from the powerdrain - just tank it easy)

and, of course, just hit BB hard and fast before he even tries anything .. guy can't dodge to save his life .. good luck dishing out enough damage though

Luffy is practically a 100% physical melee fighter - not the best match-up against BB .. but, he does have his semi-ranged attacks via stretchy limbs (BB can still grab them though) and, of course, the one thing he has over BB - speed .. and he can tank a lot too - Determinator Hero and all

I expect Luffy vs BB to be even more grueling physically then vs Lucci
We are Blackwatch