AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-29, 19:26   Link #1101
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If the reports are right, everyone eats locks right now.
Music to my ears.

Now they need to nerf ret more. A pally in blues should not be beating a S4 hunter with ease.
Old 2008-10-29, 20:04   Link #1102
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Music to my ears.

Now they need to nerf ret more. A pally in blues should not be beating a S4 hunter with ease.
Hey hey, locks hardly needed nerfing! If someone needs nerfing its the pallies 'n' shammies with their god darn wolves! Do you know how hard it is to cast ANYTHING with three wolves and a fat cow attacking you? God daaamn!
Old 2008-10-29, 20:05   Link #1103
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Ret isn't too bad at times.

Just need a plan, a fast get away... a pair of wolves and instant healing waves.

The few times since the patch I've been PvP'n against Rets, I spend a good deal of the time kiting the paladin with frost shock or spirit wolf spirit. Between SR and MW+HW, its some pretty damn good survivability now. Just need to survive the initial burst and its a lot easier.

But I don't PvP much so mileage may vary! That and BT/SWP gear does give me some pretty good offense and I don't PvP alone usually (2 Enh shaman).

On the ret paladin side, my level 66 dodgy geared ret pulls 700 dps against the dummies for 5 min periods, that made me lol a fair bit. Although that was like a week or so ago. They have nerfed the class a bit though, the burst is down a little now that DS is no longer holy damage.

Warlocks took it up the ass with this patch, damage is way way down compared to pre-patch... although at 80 it does scale back up to equal with the other casters (afflic does the most damage out of casters, followed by mages spec's and other lock specs, boomkin, and down the bottom ele shaman and spriests).

I am curious though, there was a post on the DK forums asking why DK damage is so down compared to other classes. GC responded saying that DK's are measuring stick for DPS, and all other classes are going to be nerfed down (or buffed) to their level of DPS... so expect many changes on classes that are beating DPS DK's at the moment.
Old 2008-10-29, 22:53   Link #1104
deadplayer
Banned

Less than half of month, we could enter Northrend.
deadplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 23:06   Link #1105
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
Hey hey, locks hardly needed nerfing! If someone needs nerfing its the pallies 'n' shammies with their god darn wolves! Do you know how hard it is to cast ANYTHING with three wolves and a fat cow attacking you? God daaamn!
... Feral Spirit only summons 2 wolves. I'm an enhance shammy, I know.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 13:42   Link #1106
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Interesting. I didn't know there was a WoW thread here.

I'm on Lightninghoof, if anyone is curious.

Cheers.
Old 2008-10-30, 14:53   Link #1107
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Must do more...achievements...
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 15:35   Link #1108
Komori
D:

I finished up all of the trick or treating quests as well as the exploration stuff earlier this morning. I'm sitting at 2045 achievement points right now.

Blizzard must've fixed the Haunted Memento bug I mentioned previously. I tried putting my Haunted Memento in the bank to make the banker disappear, but it doesn't work anymore. ;_;
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 15:45   Link #1109
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
I need to find a better way to earn rep with Cenarion Circle so I can get my title . Being a holy priest even with the patch still takes a bit to kill things (not to mention eat away a lot at my mana pool).
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 15:56   Link #1110
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Interesting. I didn't know there was a WoW thread here.

I'm on Lightninghoof, if anyone is curious.

Cheers.
/hail Karuma here~

I didn't know that this many people played the game though I don't play as much as I used to, the only reason I still play is because my rogue is now at 66 and I got bored with my hunter's rep grinding quests.. I did the Ogrila faction to max for the crossbow and before that got one of those gazelle mounts from Nagrand, right now I'd love to go raid but I don't have the time for it. Only if I get my own account could I do those things again... Aawh I miss Molten Core =<
I'm also curious about the titles you're supposed to be able to buy with you achievement points, some achievements are just wack childeren's week especially with the kill with an orphan out or kill another player that has his/her orphan out XD or the turkey kill one for the expansion lol
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 18:31   Link #1111
Komori
D:

You don't buy anything with achievement points. You get titles from doing the actual achievements they're linked with. For example, reaching exalted with both Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition nets you the Guardian of Cenarius title. Achievement points are only for show.

Evangelion Xgouki: It's a boring grind to exalted with CC. Check the AH for texts and the green outfit to use the stone. Also look for the crest things on the AH. Use the tracking low level quests and do any quest you find there. That's about all you can do, really. Look for the elite mob that pats between the camps because she drops a bunch at once (8+ usually for me).
Old 2008-10-30, 19:14   Link #1112
Gladiat

T_T Arthas = best character ever D:

*Goes on Warcraft III and kills everyone with just Arthas and 6 orbs spinning around his weapon*

Wahaha! Death Coin & Animate Dead = Godly. (Forget what that skill that you sacrifice minion to heal 300% HP was called) = HAX!
Gladiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 19:14   Link #1113
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Guardian of Cenarius is only realistically achievable if you ran AQ40 hardcore back in pre-TBC. Doing Cenarion Circle rep now is just so darn slow. You'd have a better chance of getting The Diplomat title - which requires Exalted with Sporeggar, Kurenai and Timbermaw. There are a fair lot of people actively farming that title at present. Find someone who is and team up with them. There are also a lot of people going into Stratholme for the Baron mount. Druid friend of mine managed to get it yesterday. Apparently they greatly upped the drop rate.

I finally got that damn Squashling yesterday, so I've guaranteed myself The Hallowed title once Blizzard removes the mask achievement as they said they would. ^^ Now I just need to do one heroic Botanica run to get the Outland Dungeon achievements for normal and heroic done. Then I'll take a break until Lich King. There's nothing else I want to do before then. Got 4k gold, loads of consumables and Netherweave ready.

Question - is anyone having problems getting credit for doing the 2 daily bombing quests in under 2 minutes 15 seconds?! Because I've done them under that time 3 days in a row and still haven't gotten credit. And by that I mean from the time I picked the quest up to the time I bombed the last target to complete the quest.

And since people are giving their details: Cryogenics, Female Gnome Mage, Blackrock.
Old 2008-10-30, 20:56   Link #1114
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'm fairly sure in Borean Tundra there is quests for CC rep as well as whatever the new Cenarion group is D.E.T.A? I forget exactly.

Currently Vexana, Draenei Shaman, Proudmoore. (Soon to be Hilde the Death Knight of which race I'm not sure, probably human since it fits the name)
Old 2008-10-30, 21:35   Link #1115
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
DEHTA (stands for "Druids for Ethical and Humane Treatment of Animals") quests gives rep with Cenarion Expedition (the Outland Faction) according to Wowhead.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 21:44   Link #1116
Komori
D:

Quote:
Guardian of Cenarius is only realistically achievable if you ran AQ40 hardcore back in pre-TBC. Doing Cenarion Circle rep now is just so darn slow. You'd have a better chance of getting The Diplomat title - which requires Exalted with Sporeggar, Kurenai and Timbermaw. There are a fair lot of people actively farming that title at present. Find someone who is and team up with them. There are also a lot of people going into Stratholme for the Baron mount. Druid friend of mine managed to get it yesterday. Apparently they greatly upped the drop rate.
I've only done AQ40 twice in the history of my warlock, and I have Guardian of Cenarius. A Warrior in my old guild also did the grind. It's really not hard. It takes maybe a week or so to reach exalted. Mostly, I farmed for texts and used my cloth gear drops as much as possible. I also did all quests I could find. Then again, I did most of this grind like a month before the patch came out. When I went to finish off the last 4k rep I saw a bunch of people doing it too.

And they did change the drop rate on the Baron mount. It's 1/100 now instead of 1/5000.

My character is Reverse, Gnome Warlock, of the server Cairne. My armory doesn't show the leet new Sunfire Handwraps I had crafted.
Old 2008-10-31, 01:25   Link #1117
Xacual

Quote:

Question - is anyone having problems getting credit for doing the 2 daily bombing quests in under 2 minutes 15 seconds?! Because I've done them under that time 3 days in a row and still haven't gotten credit. And by that I mean from the time I picked the quest up to the time I bombed the last target to complete the quest.
You actually have to pick up the quest, do all the bombing and turn it in within the time limit. The terokkar one is pretty easy to do if you have the area to yourself. The Blades Edge one I managed to do with about 3 seconds to spare and that was on my pally with crusader aura. Haven't tried it yet on my druid...

Also, Asera, Prot Pally, Horde on Turalyon US.
Cabled, Moonkin, Alliance on Kael'thas US

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 02:12   Link #1118
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Certainly quieter without the zombies taking over everything.

Had a guy complaining that they were gone because he'd scheduled a "zombie raid" on Org last week and probably hadn't logged on since. He was spamming something like "80 man zombie raid next friday". People kept having to tell him the zombie plague ran its course rather than it being taken out because of all the QQing. Said he had 110 people signed up for his raid and now he couldn't do it.

At least I can get back to trying to level my Horde priest to at least 55.
Old 2008-10-31, 02:15   Link #1119
Maes
その目だれの目?

The bombing run in Blade's Edge is doable in the time limit. I had 2 seconds left when I got back to the NPC and managed to turn it in and get credit for it on my Shaman without the aid of Crusader Aura, though I did have my Skybreaker's Whip on.

Eillenia, my shaman, Alassra, my mage, and Ynoen, my warrior
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 05:11   Link #1120
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So you have to turn it in as well...argh! Was only 2 seconds short today in Terrokar. Oh well, now I know what's going on. THanks for pointing that out. I thought completion was the point the last egg/cannonboll stack went down. *sigh*

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows