AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2011-12-23, 08:46   Link #161
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Where's the update!!!!!!!!!! lol... *hugs Ren-kun*

champ is still a champ, you won it undeniably and your not on a apprentice-level anymore... ^^
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 16:10   Link #162
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apparitionyouko View Post
ur work's lookin pretty good man. i can see ur style starting to develop.
if ur looking for cc, i'd say keep up what u've been doing recently and break away from the same formulas and patterns for making tags u used in the past.
u've already done the generic styles everyone teaches in tutorials enough and u have it down, now it's time for u to break down everything u learned doing that, and focus in on ur own style.
the last two tags, the crysis one, and the irobot and orc ones are what i mean.
check out my stuff, u can see how i developed a more personal style coming from the same steps ur taking right now.
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/ProstheticAngel/
Thanks for the advice! Haha yeah I've gone over most of the common styles, and I really should have a style by now xD It's just really hard for me to discover my own for some reason, but when I have time, I study PSDs like crazy I don't really read tuts anymore cause I find PSDs like 10x more helpful. I'm actually not a very creative person, so it'll probably take me a long time to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
Where's the update!!!!!!!!!! lol... *hugs Ren-kun*

champ is still a champ, you won it undeniably and your not on a apprentice-level anymore... ^^
Uhm there is no update xD Someone just bumped my thread up >.< Maybe in a month or so I'll have the time to do something? I do have some old tags that I never posted in my thread though:

Gift to a friend, Kelel

Haha ok, fine I accept it ><" But in all seriousness, my skill is probably at med-high novice according to gfx classing standards
Old 2011-12-23, 19:07   Link #163
apparitionyouko

yea, psds are where it's at. i like the green one, that one came out sick. i think u already have ur own style developing, its hard to be confident about it first, but as u keep building on what u kno u'll definately see how ur work starts to separate from the rest.
it doesnt look like 'not being creative' has held u back from coming up with some unique stuff tho haha
Old 2011-12-27, 07:51   Link #164
Moresca
Doing the time-warp

I just stumbled over your thread while aimlessly browsing the forums. The signature above, the greenish one - it is drop-dead gorgeous. The composition and choice of colors is totally an eye-catcher. Might I ask what anime it is from?

And concerning your own style - why restrict yourself to only one style? Isn't it a good thing to surprise with versatility instead of reiterating what you already did over and over again just for the sake of producing a "recognizable" outcome? Experimenting with doing new and different things is much more fun? and helps with keeping up the interest...

I hope you'll find the time to do new tags in the near future and put an end to your hiatus Happy new year to you!
Old 2011-12-28, 01:08   Link #165
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post

This is awesome. I like it much! HD lol
Sky Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 16:59   Link #166
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apparitionyouko View Post
yea, psds are where it's at. i like the green one, that one came out sick. i think u already have ur own style developing, its hard to be confident about it first, but as u keep building on what u kno u'll definately see how ur work starts to separate from the rest.
it doesnt look like 'not being creative' has held u back from coming up with some unique stuff tho haha
Haha thanks I really like how it came out too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moresca View Post
I just stumbled over your thread while aimlessly browsing the forums. The signature above, the greenish one - it is drop-dead gorgeous. The composition and choice of colors is totally an eye-catcher. Might I ask what anime it is from?

And concerning your own style - why restrict yourself to only one style? Isn't it a good thing to surprise with versatility instead of reiterating what you already did over and over again just for the sake of producing a "recognizable" outcome? Experimenting with doing new and different things is much more fun? and helps with keeping up the interest...

I hope you'll find the time to do new tags in the near future and put an end to your hiatus Happy new year to you!
It's CC from Code Geass You might not recognize her cause of the blindfold and how the art is different from how she's usually portrayed, but yeah that's her And thank you! Hehe that was my last work before I went on hiatus and IMO, it was my best too. I really tried to break design rules in order for something more unique.

And once I develop my style, I definitely don't plan on making all of my sigs look similar--too boring IMO But a style is like a personal signature, you know? It's nice to have a unique aspect to my tags that can make someone who sees one of mine anywhere be like I bet Rennir made that But yeah I'm not gonna stop experimenting and just keep using the same old techniques, etc. Besides, a lot of people like to change styles or develop new ones once that old ones get boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicPandas View Post
This is awesome. I like it much! HD lol
HD? That was a real quicky...aesthetically it's not bad but compo wise, I'm far from satistied. I was trying to practice my use of renders as bgs in this case.

Oh and because this is winter break for me and all and the only time I'll ever have anywhere near enough free time is now, anyone feel like doing a collab?
Old 2011-12-28, 23:05   Link #167
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

^ I would be happy to do a collaboration work with you... but I don't have much time myself now. The end of the year always mean a lot more work than usual to me It isn't for no reason than I always finish my list before christmas .
Old 2011-12-29, 00:22   Link #168
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
^ I would be happy to do a collaboration work with you... but I don't have much time myself now. The end of the year always mean a lot more work than usual to me It isn't for no reason than I always finish my list before christmas .
Haha thanks ok, I should be relatively open early January too! Now we just have to work on the specifics...how about you start and I finish (since I kinda wanna see how I'd go about working with your style )? And max 25 layers for each person?
Old 2011-12-29, 01:19   Link #169
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I am fine with that but before even starting could the fact than I am only using PhotoShop Element cause some problem for the PSD file sharing ?
Old 2012-04-21, 14:16   Link #170
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Small update because I'm busy with school/testing until end of May

Nothing impressive. This was mostly just a quick crop and some lighting/color adjustments

And I decided to make a tutorial Took me like 3-4 hours ...I will never look at tutorial makers the same way again Have fun learning

Spoiler for Size:

Last edited by Rennir; 2014-10-30 at 03:31.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 14:17   Link #171
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ AWWWW YEAAAAAAH

I've always loved that sig of yours so I'm really happy about the tutorial! *grabs*
Old 2012-04-21, 14:22   Link #172
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
^ AWWWW YEAAAAAAH

I've always loved that sig of yours so I'm really happy about the tutorial! *grabs*
That was really quick...one minute after I posted Way to make me feel popular Halad-chan You're welcome! Hopefully it'll be of use to you! If you need help with some part, feel free to ask! ^^
Old 2012-04-21, 19:04   Link #173
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Awesome tut, Rennir! I'll definitely try out some of that when I have time in the (hopefully) not so distant future. Work is killing me and my sig making at the moment.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 03:53   Link #174
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

This is an Awesome tut..i..

'm not good with sign...well..a boxer like me that like fight..i think is normal..

But..your tut is really awesome..+1...

and nice sign you made...in your thread...
Old 2012-04-29, 07:00   Link #175
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
That's a great tut, Rennir! So nice of you to share your wisdom and in such an easy to follow way. (I can say that as a graphics noob.)

Love your new signature, too. Something fluffy once in the while eh?

I'd throw cookies, but the jar seems to be jammed ...
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 14:53   Link #176
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Awesome tut, Rennir! I'll definitely try out some of that when I have time in the (hopefully) not so distant future. Work is killing me and my sig making at the moment.
Thanks PreSage! Haha I look forward to seeing your result! Hopefully it's not too hard to follow And good luck with your work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
This is an Awesome tut..i..

'm not good with sign...well..a boxer like me that like fight..i think is normal..

But..your tut is really awesome..+1...

and nice sign you made...in your thread...
Thank you! And you may be surprised about what you're actually good at and what you're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
That's a great tut, Rennir! So nice of you to share your wisdom and in such an easy to follow way. (I can say that as a graphics noob.)

Love your new signature, too. Something fluffy once in the while eh?

I'd throw cookies, but the jar seems to be jammed ...
Thanks, I'm glad you think so. Haha, you're not a graphics noob, just a beginner, like the rest of us were at one point or another

Hahaha, I'll see I haven't done much anime stuff for a while, though I'll probably be getting into tagging again once summer starts, and this time with a lot of anime, and perhaps some fluffy stuff too. Who knows, maybe there'll be striped content too

Did a request

Not too happy with the result though Too monotone and bright, and the bg is repetitive. Typo could've been better too Hopefully, I'll get better at making things people request, where I don't choose the materials, though that's not too high on my list of priorities
Old 2012-05-02, 18:16   Link #177
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Small update because I'm busy with school/testing until end of May

Nothing impressive. This was mostly just a quick crop and some lighting/color adjustments

And I decided to make a tutorial Took me like 3-4 hours ...I will never look at tutorial makers the same way again Have fun learning

Spoiler for Size:
...*laughs* Y'know what's funny? I found this tut last night working on a sig, I think in the sig/avy tut section, but...I had no idea it was by you! :P I started using it (not to the letter, just bits and pieces), and I was just like wow!
And then I come here and find out it's yours great job!
Old 2012-05-03, 17:29   Link #178
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Did a request

Not too happy with the result though Too monotone and bright, and the bg is repetitive. Typo could've been better too Hopefully, I'll get better at making things people request, where I don't choose the materials, though that's not too high on my list of priorities
Looks much better than my rush job.
It's been blended quite well with the background. Saying you are talented is an understatement.
(Sorry I haven't got much else to say...)
Old 2012-05-03, 17:46   Link #179
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Quote:
Just dropping in to say, I love this sig of yours dayum!

Even though it's black and white, you played with the lighting really well. I especially love how you blend in the C4Ds, that's a really neat work.

KIU
Old 2012-05-04, 04:24   Link #180
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Did a request

I would say than you are a bit too hard on yourself about this one; given the render used you made the right choice about the kind of background and brush to use.

Tags