AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-11, 11:23   Link #21
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

You know, I accidentally turned off the video while watching an AJ sub, so all I could hear was the Japanese, and I actually understood more of it than their subtitlers did.
Old 2003-11-11, 12:03   Link #22
GipFace

It sux0r -.-;;

Can someone lock this thread? Please? Same old, same old ...
Old 2003-11-11, 13:00   Link #23
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Getting kinda repetitive, huh?

But on a serious note, has AJ ever made an attempt at defending themselves? I mean, they certainly aren't trying to get any better, as I actually download a few episodes from them every once in a while just to check and see if all the complaints finally opened their eyes, but everything's still the same as it was this time last year... I mean it's ridiculous to think that they haven't gotten wind of the lack of respect the rest of the community holds for them, so at this point I'm of the mind that they're actually doing it on purpose.
Old 2003-11-11, 13:10   Link #24
okashi
okashinaaa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I am on a holy crusade to educate the retarded. There's no way I can walk away when I see someone defend AJ.
Obviously youre the retarded one so why dont you go and educate yourself? I didnt defend any particular group, just stated that if you dont like it dont download it. Its not like fansubbers are forcing anyone to download anything, they are just doing what they think is fun and just put the results on a freakin webpage. No need to attack these people. And if there is even one single person who likes what they are doing then I think they would think that its worthwhile to continue doing it. Everybody cant like the same stuff, so stop hating people just because they like something that you dont.
Old 2003-11-11, 13:22   Link #25
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Me? I never mentioned you. I said 2 posts later that it was a general statement directed at no one inparticular, and I actually did mean that. Of course, you defending yourself from my general statement directed at no one inparticular is extremely suspicious, as now I believe you to be a person who swears by AJ subs, and all respect I may or may not have had for you has thus vanished just like your final remaining brain cell.

And you infer that I don't do the exact same thing the gods over at AJ try to do. It's true that I work on print instead of animation, but trust me when I tell you that anyone who works on one is fully capable of working on the other, it's simply a matter of preference as to which we choose. And if translating 6 thousand pages of Flame of Recca manga so that self-righteous fools such as yourself can know what happens after your precious anime ends doesn't give me the right to denounce someone whom I feel gives the community as a whole a bad name, then what the hell does?

And I refuse to add the cute little hammer smily. Maybe if there was a woodchipper one or something...
Old 2003-11-11, 13:34   Link #26
okashi
okashinaaa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Me? I never mentioned you. I said 2 posts later that it was a general statement directed at no one inparticular, and I actually did mean that. Of course, you defending yourself from my general statement directed at no one inparticular is extremely suspicious, as now I believe you to be a person who swears by AJ subs, and all respect I may or may not have had for you has thus vanished just like your final remaining brain cell.

And you infer that I don't do the exact same thing the gods over at AJ try to do. It's true that I work on print instead of animation, but trust me when I tell you that anyone who works on one is fully capable of working on the other, it's simply a matter of preference as to which we choose. And if translating 6 thousand pages of Flame of Recca manga so that self-righteous fools such as yourself can know what happens after your precious anime ends doesn't give me the right to denounce someone whom I feel gives the community as a whole a bad name, then what the hell does?

And I refuse to add the cute little hammer smily. Maybe if there was a woodchipper one or something...
Exactly what is it that makes you think there are people who worship one fansub group or another? Is it perhaps because you yourself does it? I think that persons like you degrade the community more that any group could do. You obviously like to stomp on people you dont even know using petty little words like retarded, fool etc. Cant you even have a normal discussion on a forum without thrashing people?
Closed Thread