Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2013-08-04, 04:11   Link #221
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Because I'm lazy. haha.. Seriously, I'm the laziest nurse in the world. All I want is to eat and sleep, play games. I'm so much aware of its impact to my health, but I can't help it. I really love to eat and sleep, just that. If given the freedom, I can sleep more than 16 hours a day.
Lazy? They call me toxic... I eat fast, walk fast, and only sits 15min/per shift..... that is when I'm eating....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 17:54   Link #222
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Lazy? They call me toxic... I eat fast, walk fast, and only sits 15min/per shift..... that is when I'm eating....
I was like this before when I'm still practicing my profession. But right now? Lazy... I love sleeping, something really pleasurable, especially if you have good dreams..
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 02:29   Link #223
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I was like this before when I'm still practicing my profession. But right now? Lazy... I love sleeping, something really pleasurable, especially if you have good dreams..
I think I'll be like this since I don't like leaving things undone or have a bad impression to my colleagues....
Old 2013-08-05, 21:07   Link #224
SummeryDreams

Quote:
I think I'll be like this since I don't like leaving things undone or have a bad impression to my colleagues....
Oh that's bad! Quit your job and just sleep! joke. I miss being a nurse though, working in the hospital, but is just that, salary here scks. So no thanks. I'd better off working somewhere else with a decent salary. xD
Old 2013-08-06, 02:30   Link #225
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Oh that's bad! Quit your job and just sleep! joke. I miss being a nurse though, working in the hospital, but is just that, salary here scks. So no thanks. I'd better off working somewhere else with a decent salary. xD
I once tried to apply an officer in the army, a military nurse, a private nurse, an EMT, call center agent, and now I'm thinking of becoming an fireman or a police man.... Hahahaa...
Old 2013-08-07, 11:52   Link #226
SummeryDreams

Quote:
I once tried to apply an officer in the army, a military nurse, a private nurse, an EMT, call center agent, and now I'm thinking of becoming an fireman or a police man.... Hahahaa...
Judging from your status, you seemed like a Filipino to me? At by any chance, are you? I mean, I can relate on your stuffs you know. Well, if you are, then I guess you know and you can relate how much sh*t it is to be a nurse here. xD
Old 2013-08-08, 03:50   Link #227
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Judging from your status, you seemed like a Filipino to me? At by any chance, are you? I mean, I can relate on your stuffs you know. Well, if you are, then I guess you know and you can relate how much sh*t it is to be a nurse here. xD
Can't you see it below my avatar? Mindanao?

Yeah, but that's that... I don't really mind, all I care is that I could support my parents and it doesn't mean going abroad is the only option...
Old 2013-08-08, 17:44   Link #228
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Can't you see it below my avatar? Mindanao?

Yeah, but that's that... I don't really mind, all I care is that I could support my parents and it doesn't mean going abroad is the only option...
Aw, you can support your family as a nurse in the Phils? I must compliment you for that. Though I guess my salary weren't too bad at all though, maybe I'm just don't know how to save money. Basically, my expenses is high.
Old 2013-08-08, 18:09   Link #229
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Erm Mindanao is no joke. Being medical personnel there means that you see gunshot wounds and dead people on a regular basis. Nurses there are grossly underpaid even if the shooters have little conscience not to attack hospitals.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 18:54   Link #230
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Erm Mindanao is no joke. Being medical personnel there means that you see gunshot wounds and dead people on a regular basis. Nurses there are grossly underpaid even if the shooters have little conscience not to attack hospitals.
Yea, so if you are willing to risk your life as a nurse, go somewhere in the middle east where there is a civil war. I believe the salary of nurses there is about a million peso in a month. Though, you can't be so sure to be alive for the next few hours. xD
Old 2013-08-09, 05:19   Link #231
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
LOls... Mindanao ain't like that... Media is exaggerating.... Rebels here don't give damn care about hospitals:

Abu Sayaf > cares about extortion ad kidnapping of rich inviduals.... Muslim or non Muslims

MILF > harassment and playing neutral bastards of Mindanao

The only concern by nurses here is kidnapping but not by ASG^ but of corrupted police....
Old 2013-08-09, 11:06   Link #232
AnimeFan188

Scientists Have Created a Malaria Vaccine That's 100% Effective:

"For the first time in history, scientists have completed successful human trials of a
malaria vaccine that provides 100% protection against the often fatal disease."

See:

http://gizmodo.com/scientists-have-c...0-e-1069393748
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 16:34   Link #233
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Scientists Have Created a Malaria Vaccine That's 100% Effective:

"For the first time in history, scientists have completed successful human trials of a
malaria vaccine that provides 100% protection against the often fatal disease."

See:

http://gizmodo.com/scientists-have-c...0-e-1069393748
Can it protect us from the ALL forms of Malaria? We have a lot of soldiers getting it not only once but even twice but of different strains....
Old 2013-08-09, 20:59   Link #234
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Can it protect us from the ALL forms of Malaria? We have a lot of soldiers getting it not only once but even twice but of different strains....
They should consider that this virus mutates every now and then just like other viruses. So maybe at the very least, immune for a year or some time. Dunno about malaria mutation, unlike influenza which is yearly.
Old 2013-08-09, 21:20   Link #235
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
They should consider that this virus mutates every now and then just like other viruses. So maybe at the very least, immune for a year or some time. Dunno about malaria mutation, unlike influenza which is yearly.
The problem is, if such vaccine takes a year to be produced for a particular protozoal strain and the said strain [ if it does] mutates at the same rate.

I hope it does for the benefit of both civilians and soldiers who suffered in this disease.
Old 2013-08-09, 22:31   Link #236
SummeryDreams

Quote:
The problem is, if such vaccine takes a year to be produced for a particular protozoal strain and the said strain [ if it does] mutates at the same rate.

I hope it does for the benefit of both civilians and soldiers who suffered in this disease.
Anyway, the thing is, let's hope this wouldn't be that much expensive. If so, sure we can't afford it here in our place.
Old 2013-08-10, 00:33   Link #237
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Anyway, the thing is, let's hope this wouldn't be that much expensive. If so, sure we can't afford it here in our place.
Good point, as I always have raised before. Any form of improvement in the medical field is good but if it is affordable to the needy, it's more appreciated.
Old 2013-08-10, 09:23   Link #238
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Good point, as I always have raised before. Any form of improvement in the medical field is good but if it is affordable to the needy, it's more appreciated.
There's been vaccines for Small pox, Chicken pox, Influenza that offers immunity. But we don't care, you want to pay 1.5k for a Chicken pox vaccine? Or 1k per year for Influenza? I'd rather have the disease wherein I can just suffer or a week and wait for my body to gain immunity over the strain - free of charge + experience.
Old 2013-08-10, 10:47   Link #239
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Malaria isn't caused by a virus, but a parasite (Plasmodium, four subspecies are identified as clinically relevant). Mutations can still occur, but now we're talking about a much more complex organism.

Last edited by Ledgem; 2013-08-10 at 11:23.
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 13:55   Link #240
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Malaria isn't caused by a virus, but a parasite (Plasmodium, four subspecies are identified as clinically relevant). Mutations can still occur, but now we're talking about a much more complex organism.
Why did I type malaria there? Sorry for the wrong info. Anyway, I guess the most difficult pathogen to kill is still viruses. If I hear viruses that kills humans, I used to be terrified. Like HIV, and other viruses without a vaccine just yet.