Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 19:01   Link #121
nihon
夢見たい
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixuelai View Post
Lol talking of music I was rewatching parts of some older Adachi anime. I have to say Omoide ga Ippai from Miyuki ED is the best.
That is a great song.
nihon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 21:54   Link #122
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Posts on 2channel estimate either 26 or even 52, but there's no official word. The manga has apparently finished 13 volumes. Ep1 did a full volume, but ep2 didn't.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:30   Link #123
d-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Posts on 2channel estimate either 26 or even 52, but there's no official word. The manga has apparently finished 13 volumes. Ep1 did a full volume, but ep2 didn't.
the manga still continue until now.
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:32   Link #124
jpwong

Well, even episode 1 didn't cover a whole volume end to end, there's still stuff from it which will inevitably be referenced in other episodes. They showed enough of it to set up the series though.
Old 2009-04-16, 01:51   Link #125
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I know Aoba is wearing a skirt, but she's the manliest character in the show so far. 160km/H fastballs? Christ.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 02:01   Link #126
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I know Aoba is wearing a skirt, but she's the manliest character in the show so far. 160km/H fastballs? Christ.
well 160km/h fastball in japan at the highschool level is VERY rare. Ace pitchers approach the 150km/h mark.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 03:12   Link #127
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

This is my first experience with any Adachi work, either manga or their anime adaptations. So far, I've liked what I've seen. The plot twist at the end of the first ep was incredibly ballsy. I think I've got a fair idea where this is going, but it's a completely different direction from where I thought it was going at the beginning of the episode.

This has potential.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 18:53   Link #128
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

We posted our episode #1 today. Please check it out.
http://a.scarywater.net/ca/
Old 2009-04-16, 22:18   Link #129
nihon
夢見たい
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Volume 14 was just released, and there are more than enough stories to fill a volume 15 as well. The manga does not currently show any signs of ending anytime soon as it's still one of the most popular series in "Shonen Sunday".
Old 2009-04-16, 22:19   Link #130
nihon
夢見たい
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 1

This is my first experience with any Adachi work, either manga or their anime adaptations. So far, I've liked what I've seen. The plot twist at the end of the first ep was incredibly ballsy. I think I've got a fair idea where this is going, but it's a completely different direction from where I thought it was going at the beginning of the episode.

This has potential.
I think you'll like episode 2 as well. Watch for the "Sorrows" poster during the episode.
Old 2009-04-16, 22:33   Link #131
Solecs

I wouldn't put it past Adachi to end the series shortly after they make it to the Koshien, which I mean they have to make it to the Koshien...right? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time he's pulled something like that :-/.

Either that, or shortly after Koh hits that 160 km/h mark.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 22:35   Link #132
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I really love this so far - simple, straightforward storytelling and animation that doesn't try to be anything more than that. They've captured the look and feel of the manga beautifully and so far, the pacing feels just right to me. If you can watch this and feel nothing for the characters you have a pretty cold heart.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 08:32   Link #133
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixuelai View Post
Yeah it like how they set the mood for the series immediately in Episode 1. Looking on ANN this is only going to be 13 episodes so they may well have to do that. Also the manga is more about what is after Episode 1 unlike Touch where the events before the plot twist is of much more significance.
ANN really need to clarify their system because more and more people get confused over it. Basically what ANN do is for every series without an announced amount of episodes they list @ 13 episodes. 13 episodes being one cour which is what a tv series runs for at least. (though sometimes with 11 or 12 eps)

Looking at the amount of manga I'll say 52 episodes is a good bet... also the last two SynergySp shows airing in this timeslot in Hayate and ZKC went for 4 cours.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 10:23   Link #134
Falkor

finished watching the second episode the other day...

there's something so charming in Koh's and Aoba's love-and-hate relationship (it was one of the major highlights of the manga, and hopefully it will remain the same here in this anime adaptation). It's nice to finally see it animated, though.

Haruka TOMATSU is doing a great Aoba so far. I really like her voice---she achieves a nice balance between the irritated Aoba (especially when it comes to Koh) and the nostalgic/"less-irritated" Aoba (when it comes to Wakaba).
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 00:52   Link #135
therationalpi

I have to say, I'm loving this series so far. I'm a big fan of baseball, and people say Adachi does a good baseball series (Having never been exposed to him before, I don't know first hand.) The first episode was brilliant in its simplicity. A triumph of execution. The second episode shows promise for the relationship between Aoba and Ko.

I've pretty much decided that I don't want to read the manga until after the series has wrapped up. I enjoy consuming things as they come out, that wait time between episodes makes the show ever the more enjoyable. With that said, this forum seems to have several readers, so I'll probably avoid it for the sake of not being spoiled. I have a feeling there won't be any big things to spoil, but I would prefer to be surprised if I'm wrong.
Old 2009-04-18, 01:22   Link #136
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
I've pretty much decided that I don't want to read the manga until after the series has wrapped up. I enjoy consuming things as they come out, that wait time between episodes makes the show ever the more enjoyable. With that said, this forum seems to have several readers, so I'll probably avoid it for the sake of not being spoiled. I have a feeling there won't be any big things to spoil, but I would prefer to be surprised if I'm wrong.
I pretty much do the same for series that I want to follow. If I decide to check the source material later that is only because the readers weren't satisfied by how the anime adaptation handled the story. As for this thread, I'll be keeping an eye on it for the manga spoilers.

Hopefully will get to watch episode 2 sometime later.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 11:25   Link #137
Kirarakim

I am sorry to see this thread has very little discussion. Honestly after 2 episodes this is definitely my new favorite of the season (I don't count FMA because I am already an established fan of that franchise)

But I like that Cross Game is so charming & down to earth. Although I am pretty sure the "every day" aspect of it will probably turn certain people away. I guess it's the type of series that you are either into or not.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 13:25   Link #138
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am sorry to see this thread has very little discussion. Honestly after 2 episodes this is definitely my new favorite of the season (I don't count FMA because I am already an established fan of that franchise)

But I like that Cross Game is so charming & down to earth. Although I am pretty sure the "every day" aspect of it will probably turn certain people away. I guess it's the type of series that you are either into or not.
well, there is not much to discuss. Any discussion always lead to the manga and that has already been said it is a no-no. The first two episodes were just basically setting up the story.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:27   Link #139
gaguri

Well setting up a story or not it completely blew me away. I rarely get so emotional after only one episode but wow...
Old 2009-04-19, 10:44   Link #140
topboy
poor man

fansub : shiki-subs (fastest) jade MJN and central anime

which one is best? watch only ep1 from jade so far and it seem to be good one.
and which one is not good ? (hope none of them)
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports