AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-14, 19:46   Link #421
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIO!!! I LOVE YOU!! XDD

ah..wait,ritsu loves you too *mauled*
Old 2011-01-14, 22:13   Link #422
Taufiq91

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIO!

And guys, Mio made a Dub-heavy mix for her birthday!

Check it out:
http://www.mixcloud.com/Animix/animi...undoshisutemu/
Old 2011-01-17, 02:08   Link #423
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Bit late meant to post, then forgot yesterday, but none the less a happy birthday to Mio .
MAL
Old 2011-01-29, 04:52   Link #424
key to life
Your key to life

Send a message via MSN to key to life Send a message via Yahoo to key to life
Belated Happy Birthday Mio-chan >.<
Old 2011-02-04, 18:10   Link #425
Jujubee

So I was watching episode 7 of season 2 last night, the one about Mio's fan club and it made me wonder. Do people in Japan actually do that? Form fan clubs dedicated to other students, teachers and what not? I've seen this kind of thing in several anime shows but K-On took it to a new level. It taste like diabetes. >.>
Old 2011-02-04, 19:34   Link #426
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
So I was watching episode 7 of season 2 last night, the one about Mio's fan club and it made me wonder. Do people in Japan actually do that? Form fan clubs dedicated to other students, teachers and what not? I've seen this kind of thing in several anime shows but K-On took it to a new level. It taste like diabetes. >.>
Im not sure if they actually do that or not but I dont think anybody realistically would care if some people made a fan club of you, that sounds like it would be kinda cool lol
Old 2011-02-13, 19:11   Link #427
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Why not? The series is fun, the characters are fun. It's fun and that's what matters. =)
Old 2011-02-13, 21:43   Link #428
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

They kinda did it at my school, the thing was it was a Facebook group, It was the "name of my friends little brother thats a freshmen, that EVERYONE loves" fan club, it has like 800 people from my school (including me) joined into it. So gauss the people fan club thing to me is no suprise lol
Old 2011-02-13, 21:47   Link #429
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
Im not sure if they actually do that or not but I dont think anybody realistically would care if some people made a fan club of you, that sounds like it would be kinda cool lol
Eh for people who are more shy, I could see how it might be at least a little awkward at the very least to have, since I am fairly shy in person myself .
MAL
Old 2011-02-14, 03:50   Link #430
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

As much as people worshiping me would be an honor, I also think the whole idea of having a lot of school mates follow me around, trying to find everything there is about me by any means possible, is terribly creepy. And since I'm not exactly an extrovert myself, I'd probably end up like Mio – all nervous and unable to truly say something useful when the moment calls for it.
Old 2011-02-14, 07:29   Link #431
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
As much as people worshiping me would be an honor, I also think the whole idea of having a lot of school mates follow me around, trying to find everything there is about me by any means possible, is terribly creepy. And since I'm not exactly an extrovert myself, I'd probably end up like Mio – all nervous and unable to truly say something useful when the moment calls for it.
To what level of "trying to find everything there is about me" are we talkin here?
Like to the point where they are outside my house waiting for me to come outside in the morning and trying to look through my window, or like wanting to know what I do in my spare time and like what my favorite food and drinks are?

I dont think the Mio fan club literally follow her around everywhere and try to find out everything about her possible. Thats ground for prison, and if they do well thats just creepy o.O
Old 2011-02-14, 13:37   Link #432
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
To what level of "trying to find everything there is about me" are we talkin here?
Like to the point where they are outside my house waiting for me to come outside in the morning and trying to look through my window, or like wanting to know what I do in my spare time and like what my favorite food and drinks are?
Not that extreme, but they have been quite the curious bunch nonetheless. At least two girls were quite interested in getting up close (though that was probably because Mio had something stuck in her hair and might not truly count).

Quote:
I dont think the Mio fan club literally follow her around everywhere and try to find out everything about her possible. Thats ground for prison, and if they do well thats just creepy o.O
I think Ritsu did a fine job telling them a lot about her already, with all the childhood pics she showed at the fan club tea party. Plus, during the Q&A round, you can't help but wonder what type of questions were asked.
Old 2011-02-15, 00:56   Link #433
Jujubee

I just can't possibly imagine something like that happening in real life. Even if it is an all girl's school you'd think there would be rampant jealousy before there's enough love to host a huge tea party celebrating one person who isn't a celebrity. If Mio has that many admirers how come they can't get anyone else to join their club?

Still, that's one of the things I love about this show. Not only are the girls adorable the world they live in is too.
Old 2011-02-15, 02:10   Link #434
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
I just can't possibly imagine something like that happening in real life. Even if it is an all girl's school you'd think there would be rampant jealousy before there's enough love to host a huge tea party celebrating one person who isn't a celebrity. If Mio has that many admirers how come they can't get anyone else to join their club?

Still, that's one of the things I love about this show. Not only are the girls adorable the world they live in is too.

oh abot the part where they can't get new members even though Mio has a fanclub thing, i guess the explanation is in episode 1 (or is it 2), of season 2. where it seems that the members of the Light Music Club are so close to each other that everyone thinks that there is no room for more, or they will feel out of place or something.

abut having a fanclub on your honor, setup by your adoring fans (even the ones that you don't know of), is i would say is pretty strange, (from where we live anyways). but then again, i don't see any problem in that, and there are so many members, so there....
Old 2011-09-16, 06:26   Link #435
_Tenshi_

She's moe.
Old 2011-10-01, 14:55   Link #436
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Post left-handed people Psychologists studys

I recently saw this article, and fond it quite interesting. I thought it was pretty funny even though I'm ambidextrous. Here is what the News Article said:

5 surprising facts about left-handed people

1. They're more affected by fear
In one recent experiment, lefties who watched an eight-minute clip from the film Silence of the Lambs exhibited more symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder than did their right-handed counterparts. That may be because the right side of the brain, which is dominant in lefties, is more involved in the fear response, according to Dr. Carolyn Choudhary of Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, as quoted in The Telegraph. But more research is needed, Choudhary warns.

2. They're angrier
Left-handed and ambidextrous people are more susceptible to negative emotions, including anger. A small study published last year in the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease found that the brains of lefties process emotions differently than those of righties, with more communication between the brain's two halves. As a result, the areas that produce negative emotions experience greater activity, according to the Daily Mail. Then again, maybe lefties are just "more angry because the world is designed for the right-handed majority," says John Cloud in TIME.

3. They're more inhibited
That emotional wiring also may explain why righties tend to charge ahead, while lefties "tend to dither," according to behavioral psychologist Lynn Wright, as quoted in NewScientist. A study performed by Wright at Abertay University in Scotland found that lefties were more restrained and more worried about making mistakes.

---------------------------------------
4. They associate "left" with good
Most people tend to have positive associations with the concept of "right" and bad associations with "left." Lefties are the opposite. In a recent study, Stanford researcher Daniel Casasanto asked participants to draw a zebra in a box that best represented good things, while depicting a panda in a box that would befit the bad. Right-handed people tended to position the zebra on the right side of a box, while lefties put it on the left. That shows that left-handed people "implicitly" believe "good stuff is on the left and bad stuff is on the right," Casasanto says, as quoted by the Stanford Report, despite so many signals from language and culture "telling them the exact opposite."

5. They may have an advantage in politics
Casasanto's conclusions could actually favor left-handed politicians, at least in televised events like debates, says Jocelyn Rousey in Mediaite. Casasanto found that politicians tend to accompany statements they see as positive by gesturing with their dominant hands. When a rightie uses his dominant hand to give a thumbs-up, television viewers — who see the image flipped — see him gesture on the left side of their screen. The left-handed, meanwhile, "appear to be putting things in a much more positive light for the 90 percent of viewers who are right-handed."

coincidence or not, its strange how the first 3 resemble Mio lol

Sources: Daily Mail, Mediaite, NewScientist, Science Daily, The Telegraph, TIME
"5 Surprising Facts about Left-handed People - The Week." The Week Magazine: Political News and Cartoons, Current Events and Entertainment Online. Web. 01 Oct. 2011. <http://theweek.com/article/index/214847/5-surprising-facts-about-left-handed-people>.

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-10-02 at 09:44.
Old 2011-10-02, 00:46   Link #437
Akiharu Hino

Oh my! you're right! ^_^
Old 2011-10-04, 01:08   Link #438
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Mio IS hawt, sexy, pretty, mature and most importantly, she CAN sing. I mean the REAL kind of singing. XDD not just some shitty annoying *bleeeep* voice
Old 2012-01-11, 05:13   Link #439
stephh_

Mio's birthday in 4 days!!
Old 2012-01-14, 15:16   Link #440
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Happy Birthday Mio. Will try to listen to some awesome bass riffs today in your honor.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters