AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-12-01, 16:34   Link #81
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
[/ignore]

I must admit, though, that "plasma catapult" thing he used to destroy the...lion bomber thing (in his feverish fantasies) was pretty damn cool.
I think that was a sort of referall to the original gundam 0079 i think it's called. The "lion bomber" as you called it looks so much like the Gaw bombers that the Zeon forces use and the mech that gouda uses is so much like the original gundam ^_^ Sort of cool, i think!
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 17:02   Link #82
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
HRmm... Akane Maniax is actually really random. Some people say that they like Gouda better than Takayuki, because he is more decisive and assertive. I find he is too much of a daydreamer. I mean, he's dreaming of a mech when Akane and him are on the hill. At least Takayuki doesn't have his head in the clouds.

The carefree attitude of the series is a sort of a breath of fresh air from all the other more "serious" animes that i watch.

A random question: Does anyone have any Akane Maniax wallpapers?
Yeah but Gouda isn't even realistic. At least Takayuki is realistic and you can identify with him as a human being, which is why I like Takayuki more.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 17:53   Link #83
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
I'll prolly be killed for saying this...

I liked the first 2 eps of KGNE but after that...the series became shit <_<

but now after watching Akane Maniax, I'm actually glad that I watched KGNE.

Akane Maniax took a 180 degree turn from KGNE and, IMO, it was for the better. Gouda is an idiotic, hot blooded mecha otaku and I do like his character, nothing beats a mecha otaku! All those (mecha) fantasies he had were great! xD

I can't wait to see the next episode ^-^ but...1 episode every 5 months...this'll take a while(a pretty long on <.<; )....x__x
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 17:56   Link #84
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo
I'll prolly be killed for saying this...

I liked the first 2 eps of KGNE but after that...the series became shit <_<

but now after watching Akane Maniax, I'm actually glad that I watched KGNE.

Akane Maniax took a 180 degree turn from KGNE and, IMO, it was for the better. Gouda is an idiotic, hot blooded mecha otaku and I do like his character, nothing beats a mecha otaku! All those (mecha) fantasies he had were great! xD

I can't wait to see the next episode ^-^ but...1 episode every 5 months...this'll take a while(a pretty long on <.<; )....x__x
*GASP!* lol, i'm not going to kill you, but i want to ask why you thought so?

I mean, i really enjoyed the first 2 eps as well, and thats what drew me into this very good animation... but i also really enjoyed all of the rest of the episodes as well! Lol, i don't see why you didn't like it.

And Akane Maniax, i find, is too random. I mean a mech??? Come on!! Lol!
Old 2004-12-01, 18:08   Link #85
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
And Akane Maniax, i find, is too random. I mean a mech??? Come on!! Lol!

The mech was just in gouda's daydreams....at least how I viewed it. And yes, I too liked the first 2 eps of KGNE, and Mitsuki after that was slut.

Ok don kill me lol But really, I like Haruka better
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 19:31   Link #86
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Eh, I hated the first episode...I think Mr.Paper or somebody had to egg me on to keep watching it without giving away the plot. Then at the end of episode 2 it was shock and awesomeness from there on out.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 20:48   Link #87
kujoe
from head to heel

I felt the same way. High school romances with the usual "Haruka-type" character tends to be so predictable that they bore me. I was already saying to myself, "What's the point? They'll end up together anyway.." but when I went beyond 3 episodes, I began to see KGNE in a different light.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-12-01 at 21:35.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 21:00   Link #88
Fronzel
Schmuck

I disliked the first two episodes so much, it was weeks for before I watched episode 3.

Then I watched the rest in about four days.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 22:15   Link #89
Diedrupo

KGNE is amazing that way.
high school drama/comedy/romantic comedy genre isn't very popular in general, so it's really hard to get most people hooked on KGNE because of the first two eps (personally I loved every ep). But once they see the hook at the end of 2, and then experience ep 3, they suddenly realize that KGNE isn't like your typical drama. There's a reason the show is #2 on Animenfo's list.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 22:17   Link #90
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
I think that was a sort of referall to the original gundam 0079 i think it's called. The "lion bomber" as you called it looks so much like the Gaw bombers that the Zeon forces use and the mech that gouda uses is so much like the original gundam ^_^ Sort of cool, i think!
Eh... no. The so called "lion bomber" is more of a spoof of two very old robo series. One is a series where there is a robo with a sphinx head and the other series, a robo that is built like what is shown in this OVA and can transform into robot mode as well. Unfortunately I fail to remember the series' titles as I was very, very, very young then but it is around the time of the first Getta Robo. I also believe the mad psychotic "Doctor" is actually a spoof of Getta Robo

Seeing these spoofs gave this OVA a humourous nostalgic feel. This OVA's first episode is too funny
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:19   Link #91
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
I disliked the first two episodes so much, it was weeks for before I watched episode 3.

Then I watched the rest in about four days.
I watched all episodes of KGNE in ONE day....and the results? I was crouching in a corner of the walls and drawing circles on the floor with my finger for the two days afterward (hope people know about this typical Japanese anime/manga reference of being down).
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:21   Link #92
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

KGNE ep1 just reminds me of Saikano, the end of ep2, however, is what I'd call the climax of the show, the animation and the music are so perfectly put together, the police reporting, the picture book dropping, the rain, every single detail is just so perfectly presented.

For Gouda, it'd be better if he can scream some special attacks like "Gekigan Punch" in his daydreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
I watched all episodes of KGNE in ONE day....and the results? I was crouching in a corner of the walls and drawing circles on the floor with my finger for the two days afterward (hope people know about this typical Japanese anime/manga reference of being down).
that's better than watching it over 14 weeks and having to wait a week before seeing the next episode
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:31   Link #93
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
KGNE ep1 just reminds me of Saikano, the end of ep2, however, is what I'd call the climax of the show, the animation and the music are so perfectly put together, the police reporting, the picture book dropping, the rain, every single detail is just so perfectly presented.
Yea....the scene after the accident took place at the hospital put together with 'Rumbling Heart', especially when you are watching that scene and looking at the lyrics of the song.....it's really really like having a a knife being shoved right through your heart....
I actually had the song Rumbling Heart before watching KGNE, at the time I liked it because it's a good song and that was it......since the lyrics is in Japanese I didn't know the meaning at the time.....but after watching KGNE as well as seen the translation for the lyrics, everytime now that I listen to this song it instantly remember the scene at hospital, it makes me want to cry.....
Old 2004-12-02, 00:51   Link #94
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
Yea....the scene after the accident took place at the hospital put together with 'Rumbling Heart', especially when you are watching that scene and looking at the lyrics of the song.....it's really really like having a a knife being shoved right through your heart....
I actually had the song Rumbling Heart before watching KGNE, at the time I liked it because it's a good song and that was it......since the lyrics is in Japanese I didn't know the meaning at the time.....but after watching KGNE as well as seen the translation for the lyrics, everytime now that I listen to this song it instantly remember the scene at hospital, it makes me want to cry.....
Ditto that.
(Even when did the Rumbling Hearts ending in KGNE's Fandisc, my heart still sank as the police officer announced Haruka's name -> Rumbling Hearts)

In my opinion, one of the most memorable moments in my (short) anime experience.

Luckily, in Akane Maniax, we can actually laugh out loud as we see Gouda's misfortune unwind.

(Well... we'll be laughing WITH him...)
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 03:30   Link #95
Lance

I watched Lunar's version. This OVA is supposed to be a funny parody of 70's mecha series but its presentation was pretty average and I wasn't laughing very much. It reminded me of Nadesico's Gekigangar 3, a hilarious spoof of '70s mecha anime, and I thought Gekigangar was funnier as a parody than Akane Maniax. But Akane was my favorite Kimi ga Nozomu Eien character so I was sufficiently satisfied with this OVA.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 03:35   Link #96
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Well, overlooking the bad rep someone gave me for liking this show...

Most of the people who aren't enjoying it are going into it expecting it to be as serious as KGNE without knowing the game that it is based on...I think this is more of the problem than the quality of the show overall. The show's fine, but going into the show with a different idea of what it was about can really skew someone's opinion.

Oh well, anyone who knows the AkaMan story knows how it will progress
Old 2004-12-02, 03:42   Link #97
ladholyman
Translator for Doremi

Send a message via AIM to ladholyman
It really is a strange turn from KgNE, but Akane's in there, and Haruka's in the next ep, so all's good.
ladholyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 05:00   Link #98
Marine-RX179

I think problem is that lots of people have too high expectations for for animes, and that limit the range of animes that they could watch and enjoy....I see it as a curse...
while I myself on the other hand requirement of anime standard is pretty open and would enjoy watching them....as long as the story is not bored to hell and really badly drawn....I would enjoy watching it.....and I'm thankful for that's how I am, as I am 'able' to watch, enjoy and appreciate lots more animes, and a lot happier than people that are picky on animes....
(I recall some people sayng this season lack decent animes with only 1 or 2 good ones, while I'm watching like close to 10 animes of this season and having the time of my life)

Well, that's my 2 cents......what do other people think regarding this?
Old 2004-12-02, 07:51   Link #99
Lance

IMO this OVA is too half-hearted. I don't know whether the creators wanted to make a satisfying sequel to KgNE or they just wanted to make a funny parody anime featuring the characters from KgNE. It fails both as a sequel and as a parody and it feels like two different series mashed together. I don't know anything about Akane Maniax game and maybe the game might be a masterpiece, but I find this OVA pretty decent.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 10:39   Link #100
Yuiichi
Retired.

I think they just wanted to have a feel good anime after the heart heavy KGNE.

As for the end of the second ep of KGNE, i did cry when i found out what happened to Haruka! So sad!

I hope the next episode of Akane Maniax even better.

Tags
âge, comedy, ova, romance, seinen