AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-14, 21:59   Link #41
WristBandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
I have taken note of that. The correct spell should be "Rura". Next time, we'll try to translate everything with r's instead of the engrish l's.

hi clem-kun,

here's my critique again~~

I'm concern that if you decide to translate everything from literal katakana pronunciations because this series is full of english names.

the first thing i've already seen is Reona/Leona. Later there will be names like ABAN, MI-STO=BAAN, HYU-NKERU, POPPU, KUROKODIN, etc which I hope to be translated to Avan, Myst=Vearn, Hyunckel, Pop, Crocodine, etc (notice if you take MIS-TO BAAN instead of Myst=Vearn, it'll sound really strange... Mr Bean?)

my two yen.. hope you guys can take note of these~ =)
Old 2004-11-15, 16:13   Link #42
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

There's some official name translations in the manga for anyone that doesn't know ;p.

Although, there is one that I disagree with and that's Avan Strash (official). It should be Avan Slash ;p. Grand Cruss vs Grand Cross was also another.

I was referring to someone else gee. I must've accidently quoted you when I made the reply.
Old 2004-11-15, 19:55   Link #43
WristBandMan

ahh... brings back memory... i want my manga with me now...

there are some names I never got though... like Larhalt's attack.. what was it ? Haaken Dustor? Haaken Distall?
Old 2004-11-16, 15:07   Link #44
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristBandMan
ahh... brings back memory... i want my manga with me now...

there are some names I never got though... like Larhalt's attack.. what was it ? Haaken Dustor? Haaken Distall?
I'll have to find the tankouban with the listing for it. I always thought it to be Harken (or Haarken) Distill.
Old 2004-12-01, 18:36   Link #45
Kunrath

I've just found this link in suprnova.org:

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/3049/Fly_(DragonQuest)_-_6-10.torrent
Old 2004-12-02, 08:05   Link #46
Elanor Pam
Lurker Extraordinaire

Question

Hm, doesn't "Maou" (King of Evil) refer to Hadler (or Hadora, whichever)? I remember watching this anime when I was little (I still remember the corny opening theme the brazilian dubbers cooked up for some reason), and I always thought the robot that shows up in the second chapter belonged to Hadora.

I just thought the "Satan" thing was strange, that's all :/
Old 2004-12-03, 06:48   Link #47
Kunrath

Este último link que eu mandei é em português. Tem até o sómbolo do sbt no canto.
Achei no site do supernova, disponível na página do animeforces.

Translation: This last link was the portuguese/brazilian version of the ten first episodes.

Found here:
http://www.animeforces.com/
Old 2006-01-06, 03:57   Link #48
wirawannaga
Satria Naga

Question Anybody have anime Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken??

Anybody know how can i get anime Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken. I know that Shining fansub have the anime. However it have been stuck so long. I have seaching all over internet to find this series in dvd or vcd. They are no web have this series. . I searching this anime because i have read this manga and it was the best manga i ever read. It's has been in my heart since 1994 until know. Anybody know were can i find it. If i can i want full series with english subtitle.

\(^@^)/\(^0^)/\(^@^)/\(^0^)/\(^@^)/\(^0^)/\(^@^)/\(^0^)/\(^@^)/\(^0^)/
Old 2006-01-06, 04:11   Link #49
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

umm if this is licenced, and you are asking to download it it you are in trouble.
Old 2006-01-06, 04:32   Link #50
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

It isn't licensed in English so I'm going to move this out of the DVD section in a moment. If you speak Portuguese, Italian, Spanish or French you might be able to buy it, though I have a feeling it was only ever broadcast in those languages in their respective countries.

As for the English fan sub, you'll just have to wait. It has been a long time since they released an episode, but it happens. They are still doing the project so you only need to be patient.
Old 2006-01-06, 05:07   Link #51
wirawannaga
Satria Naga

i'm from malaysia. they are never broadcast this anime. i'm just realize that this manga have it's anime. that why i seaching it because i like so much it's manga.

i'm just want to know if this series have a dvd set or vcd set for collection? And i also hope that the shinning fansub can release this anime asap.

Oh Shining Fansub............ Please.................

\(^@^)/\(^0^)/\(^@^)/\(^0^)/\(^@^)/\(^0^)/\(^@^)/\(^0^)/\(^@^)/\(^0^)/\(^@^)/
Old 2006-01-08, 04:03   Link #52
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
We haven't given up on it yet. At least, I haven't. But it might take a while due to this school year (and some of the next) being particularly important for me. Gomen.
Old 2006-01-10, 21:57   Link #53
wirawannaga
Satria Naga

that good... it's seem like you serius and like this anime... thanks clem-kun and hope u success in your school.
Old 2006-01-11, 06:35   Link #54
FarthingRedFox

I found out an amazing fact
during the 1990s, Akira Toriyama sued Saban for not putting his name in the credits of the short-lived dub "Dragon Warrior"
Old 2006-01-11, 21:13   Link #55
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarthingRedFox
I found out an amazing fact
during the 1990s, Akira Toriyama sued Saban for not putting his name in the credits of the short-lived dub "Dragon Warrior"
Wow... Tell us something... New
Old 2006-01-19, 22:23   Link #56
wirawannaga
Satria Naga

I just want to know... is there any continuation in Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken?? i mean after the story finish.
Old 2006-02-01, 03:48   Link #57
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Sorry for bumping this old thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirawannaga
I just want to know... is there any continuation in Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken?? i mean after the story finish.
There isn't a continuation of the story after volume 37 of the manga. I honestly don't know where they could go with it.
Old 2006-05-04, 22:50   Link #58
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Surprised no one bumped this. At anyrate, we released episode 5, after a year and a month later. We may release episode 6 soon (in a months time). After that, everything just depends on if we can obtain the raw for episode 7 and up...
Old 2006-05-05, 02:46   Link #59
wirawannaga
Satria Naga

That a good news ChibiGoku... i have waiting so long and never give up waiting the series realise.... thanks for the realise and the spirit that never give up to sub Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken.... i will be waiting it until you all complete it.... Gambatte kudaisai, Shining Fansubs!!!!!
Old 2006-05-05, 08:42   Link #60
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Reading about this series brings me nostalgia. Eleven years ago it was broadcasted in México by TV Azteca under the name Las Aventuras de Fly, which is a correct translation to "Dai no Daibouken" save that Dai's name was changed to Fly for the Spanish dub. However, everything else remained unscathed.

At the time the anime was released it was prior to Mexico experiencing the full boom of cable TV networks, and I was still one year to become a full-fledged, active anime otaku.

Until this date, the anime's status in México remains either inactive or cancelled owing to TV Azteca owning the licensing rights and their unwillingness to either renew them or sell them to cable networks like the LatinAmerican Cartoon Network or LatinAmerican Jetix.

My only complain I ever had for Dai was the anime ending without a proper closure at some point where it's clear that the story goes on. If anyone is interested in Dai and wants to know the real ending, then follow the manga afterwards once you're done with the anime.
The manga picks on where the anime leaves, as it runs for 37 volumes and the anime adapted from volumes 1-10 and the first half of volume 11.
Closed Thread