AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 09:26   Link #40501
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's not that he doesn't know. He just doesn't care. He may know full well that you have a lot to fight for. He just doesn't really care. But I do guess the former just laughs in your face and relishes the fact he ruins every single thing you've worked for.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 10:53   Link #40502
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Caught the acronym there.

You're saying that units sporting the Ignite Sigma instead of a typical IS core will be more powerful?
Yes.....but since Ignite Sigma don't have One-off ability....IS is still better.

As specialize war machine, Ignite Sigma trade the versatility of IS for raw fire power and heavier physical defenses (a lightning Bruiser might you). But in exchange it has less bus slot than normal IS.

It is something akin to Sliver Gospel, a unit that can easily lay a large city to waste almost instantly but not only can it dish out heavier damages, it can take punishment....lots of it.

Due to its defense, you probably need a group of ISes to take one unit down....making the unit kind of resemble a Dungeon Boss fight from MMORPG (Doom to fail if you try to solo it...because there is a timer before you fail mission objective and you are doing chip damages).

====

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Who is more of a monster? The one who delights in exploitation of the weaknesses humanity and its notions have, or the one who discarded the notions of humanity and only identifies between being alive and being dead?
The former is bad new......which is kind of good new for me.

*Age add the element into the villain*

Villain: If Freewill is the ability to choose to do evil....why are you not using it to its fullest potential? (The rather common reason to why God permit evil)

Quote:
But I do guess the former just laughs in your face and relishes the fact he ruins every single thing you've worked for.
Well.... the former will torment you and make your life worst than death.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-02-21 at 11:04.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 11:15   Link #40503
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm more partial to the latter myself. There is no joy in the kill, but it removes the current annoyance, no matter how minor it is.
Old 2013-02-21, 22:31   Link #40504
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ AIC question
it's a half-sphere projection roughly 1.5-2 meter radius, so it'll cover a lot of area in front of Schwarzer Regen and protect what's behind it nicely.

Fun fact: if AIC and PIC didn't cancel each other, then the enemy pilot caught in the field will simply die of heart attack

@ Age
Basically you have an unholy offspring of Joker and Gauron

Which as Stratospear claimed, need to be set on fire
Old 2013-02-22, 00:24   Link #40505
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ AIC question
it's a half-sphere projection roughly 1.5-2 meter radius, so it'll cover a lot of area in front of Schwarzer Regen and protect what's behind it nicely.

Fun fact: if AIC and PIC didn't cancel each other, then the enemy pilot caught in the field will simply die of heart attack
Behind the Schwarzer Regen or the thing that's being AIC'd?
Old 2013-02-22, 00:54   Link #40506
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: outwards from SR's hand.

@zero: Don't you mean cardiac arrest?
Old 2013-02-22, 02:57   Link #40507
DarkJak2050

Guys, what are some of the things do girls (particularly Japanese) think when they hear guys call each other by their nicknames?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 03:50   Link #40508
Eratas123

Assume they're close and not care? What would it matter to them what friends call one another? Unless they were talking about committing acts of terrorism nobody would blink at what they say.

Honestly, just think to yourself "What would an average human being do?". Girls aren't aliens man, they may have different tastes but it doesn't mean they're not human or rational.
Old 2013-02-22, 03:56   Link #40509
DarkJak2050

Think it this way:

IS Academy students who only have knowledge of guys from Yaoi manga?
Old 2013-02-22, 04:08   Link #40510
demino_hellsin
That one guy

then you already have your answer. Huzzah!
Old 2013-02-22, 04:12   Link #40511
DarkJak2050

That may be so, but I asked you guy's thoughts about that for "extra security".

In case if I could be missing something.
Old 2013-02-22, 04:51   Link #40512
demino_hellsin
That one guy

this line of questioning becomes problematic because there are certain parameters which have to be met to give a clear answer. All we can answer with really is no one would really care since this is using normal social outlook and for all intents and purposes people would possibly imagine that their parents were making drunken bets on giving their children asinine names. Now this might not be what you want to hear but this would be the only feasible answer in our head. We wouldn't give you these answers because those would be rude and in other routes we can't find a way to say it without either being hurtful or lying through our teeth. Eras gave you the basic gist of the general answer.

And by "we" I actually just mean "me".
Old 2013-02-22, 05:06   Link #40513
Eratas123

Since when did "Having no prior/few prior knowledge on males" equal to "All info came from Yaoi manga"? The tankobon shows there's like, what, 3 in the entire school who fit that description? Rin even calls them "Damn Yaoi fanatics", so no they don't populate the earth.

And really, even they knew how males acted like; they just made the yaoi doujin of Ichika and Dan for kicks. Really, if ANYBODY uses manga and anime as a template on how people are/how they act, I am giving them a Darwin award because obviously they're lacking upstairs.

And I'm going to play devils advocate and be blunt here: Jak, do you not talk to females in RL? Sure we guys like videogames or guns and they like clothes and make-up, but we'd still react the same if someone placed a loaded gun against their head. Really, I joke around with my seatmates and they're no aliens nor do they see the world through some kind of girls only lens.

Before asking your question, think of whether it can apply to normal people in general, not just girls. Demi once asked me if girls really got pissy during their time of the month and I didn't rag on him for it because that's a question that can be applied ONLY to females; guys don't get that time of the month.

Asking us how girls would react if they saw someone's spine jut out or make light of death isn't applicable because being female doesn't immediately change your answer; both males and females have an equal chance of panicking and puking.

And again, ISA girls are not supersoldiers or variations thereof. They are civilians, albeit ones with a slightly stilted view of their gender's superiority - they obviously don't take the females>males thing too seriously and treat the IS like a trend or a cool thing, not as a weapon. Frankly speaking, they are normal as can be disregarding the some of the main characters.
Old 2013-02-22, 08:04   Link #40514
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I guess jak asked because as we knew, canon females are pure undistilled 2-D, and not only in art style. Unabashed ego, one track mind, superhuman abilities etc. Wish fulfillment and fetish embodiment to a T

He probably wanted to know 'extreme end' of yaoi fangirl, only because such thing are possible, but rare enough that he never met them (I did, unfortunately).

@Jak
Eras and Demi both has their point if you want some realism, but if you want stereotypical female caricature, then pull something that's creepy/funny enough to happen normally. As usual, it's up to you to decide.

@ Stratos
If the attack come from the front (or anywhere Laura pointed her palm), sure thing, and especially of who/what's behind SR is close enough.

@ Demi
My bad, but I meant just that.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-02-22 at 08:17.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 08:20   Link #40515
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My cousin is half fujoshi, don't ask. I can easily tell him if it's a yes or no. But considering the type of fic he's writing it's hard to reason in if he's basing it off the anime side or the testosterone fueled videogame side. And honestly I can't imagine a mesh between the two. Without him utterly clarifying the scenario and which kind of people are involved... well... guessing is the best shot we got.

Also it's the academy. We know that they are practically clueless about men but that's like roughly 70-80% in my estimation. There should still be those who have healthy relations with males outside of their family and within the same age range. Honestly ISA doesn't only take in those bred for rep candidacy, they also take in those common folk who have the potential to be one.
Old 2013-02-22, 08:28   Link #40516
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Actually from what I can see, Jak's guys are Out of Placed... and not in a bad way, a bunch of dead-serious no-nonsense testosterone-drinking young guys of western origin met a bunch of borderline clueless carefree high school student -most of which are Japanese girls-.

This is both plot and comedy goldmine if he play the card right, if only because cultural clash.
Old 2013-02-22, 08:33   Link #40517
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But he keeps straddling the line between the OTT anime comedy and extremely takes self serious war drama. It's a very schizophrenic affair that is hard to give advice on since I don't know which mood he's working with.
Old 2013-02-22, 08:38   Link #40518
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ah, you

Joke aside, I said if he can play that mood-swing right, it'll work somehow. Besides, if he wanted help, he always ask, until then he always work by himself and so far there's not much problem.

We should just ask if he want realistic or cartoonish answer, it's his fic and our task is to give advice.
Old 2013-02-22, 08:46   Link #40519
demino_hellsin
That one guy

it would save us a lot of misunderstanding if he does so. I can understand the feeling of not wanting to give anything away and keep your material as surprise. But sometimes the questions just feel random and non-sensical. And even with the given answers it's like something is already expected.

:|

Also, why does this sound like a familiar quote?

"War isn't a battle of grand scale. It's a contest to see who can commit the greater atrocity."
Old 2013-02-22, 08:51   Link #40520
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, where exactly I ever heard that. Sounds like something a general ripper will sprout.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest