AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2015-05-26, 15:10   Link #361
Laevatein

It's pretty normal for an anime to be announced and then no more information to be given until it gets near the release date.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 16:50   Link #362
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They announced Dog Days S3 soon after S2 aired but the got an info about a month before it actually aired
3. People, who use Engrish for non-Japanese names

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 13:15   Link #363
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g View Post
Because there's no reason to Assume the movie isn't happening. Especially considering 7Arcs isn't doing Vivid. Which likely wouldn't have happened if they weren't working on the movie.
I don't know. 7Arcs underwent a restructuration in 2012. The company stopped being a studio and became a full time production house. They created a new studio as a subsidiary company. It's called Seven Arcs Pictures.

In 2013, Seven Arcs Pictures animated Mushibugyo TV. In 2014-2015 they worked on Trinity Seven TV, Mushibugyo OVA, and Dog Days''.

If they really are going to do a Nanoha movie, they would probably start production about now or next year, and it probably wouldn't hit the theaters until 2018.

But I doubt it. I too think the project is dead. At least until whoever owns the IP decides to revive it, and I think if/when that happens, it will be handled by another studio.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2015-06-01 at 14:02.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 14:07   Link #364
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I honestly had forgotten all about this project, until the ViVid anime brought me back to this subforum.

Did 7Arcs not even bother to make some sort of press release explaining what's the huge hold-up with this project?

If they haven't done so, then that strikes me as "development hell" at best, and 7Arcs just cavalierly washing their hands of the whole deal at worst.

So unless given a good reason to think otherwise, I'm inclined to agree with Kazu-kun on this.
Old 2015-06-01, 14:28   Link #365
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

7arcs may got tired of Nanoha but I don't get what they are busy with now beside Mushibugyo OVAs. And how they plan to deal without their most successful franchise.

And don't forget that Keizo Kusakawa left to Diomedea so they probably need another director to handle it.

My Anime list
My VN list
Old 2015-06-01, 14:45   Link #366
Kazu-kun

Well, I did say that if the project is still alive, they could start production now. But that seems unlikely to me, considering they pretty much left the project in the back burner all this time and instead focused on other things.
Old 2015-06-01, 15:22   Link #367
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
7arcs may got tired of Nanoha but I don't get what they are busy with now beside Mushibugyo OVAs. And how they plan to deal without their most successful franchise.
I'll certainly admit that it's strange for them to seemingly ignore their flagship franchise like this.

I'd definitely like to still see this movie happen. What I'd most like to see is Nanoha in her mid-teen years.

The original Nanoha, Nanoha A's, and the Nanoha movies have done an excellent job of covering Nanoha (and Fate's) "origin stories" and covering their earliest kid years as magical girls.

StrikerS and Vivid have done a good job of showing Nanoha and Fate as young adults living very adult lives, in positions of some authority in TSAB/DAB.

So, from my perspective, the most interesting section of Nanoha's life to cover now would be her adolescent years - her mid-teens. The period between A's and StrikerS. I'd love to see a 3rd Nanoha movie tackle that.

So anyway, I hope your right.

Still, Nanoha has had a very good run. 2 one cour anime shows, 1 two cour anime show, 2 full feature-length animated films, and now ViVid. That's a very good run overall, with a nice range of narrative style and material.

More Nanoha anime would be great, particularly with Nanoha herself as the lead character, but if it ends with ViVid, I'll still be thankful for what we did get.
Old 2015-06-01, 15:38   Link #368
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'll certainly admit that it's strange for them to seemingly ignore their flagship franchise like this.
I don't think they own the IP to the Nanoha franchise. They must have been contracted by whoever owns the IP to work in the Nanoha projects they worked on.

So, it's probably not like they're ignoring Nanoha. Most likely the owner of the franchise just decided to sit on the movie for the time being.
Old 2015-06-01, 16:30   Link #369
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Actually I bet they own rights for the original franchise. It's an original written by their in-house writer. But the rights for the mangas are only partially theirs most probably. That's why it was easy to give ViVid to other studio.

If I remember right, the manga publisher is the main owner of Nanoha mangas but they still got 7arcs permission before giving ViVid to A1. Although there was not much talking about the matter it was still solved with studio owners.

My Anime list
My VN list
Old 2015-06-01, 16:41   Link #370
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Actually I bet they own rights for the original franchise.
I wouldn't be so sure.

Quote:
If I remember right, the manga publisher is the main owner of Nanoha mangas but they still got 7arcs permission before giving ViVid to A1. Although there was not much talking about the matter it was still solved with studio owners.
Do you have a source on that?
Old 2015-06-01, 17:15   Link #371
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Why so? 7arcs head company could allow itself to own rights for some of their franchises. I don't see any other companies involved in production of the first 3 seasons. If you have proofs of it being otherwise — post them.

There were message from them about ViVid. Unfortunately I wouldn't find it myself now.

My Anime list
My VN list
Old 2015-06-01, 17:37   Link #372
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Why so? 7arcs head company could allow itself to own rights for some of their franchises.
Maybe they do, but I don't have any source to prove that myself, so I can't make that claim.

Quote:
There were message from them about ViVid. Unfortunately I wouldn't find it myself now.
Then we may continue when you find them.
Old 2015-06-01, 17:46   Link #373
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Just read the ViVid main thread. Then there were a racket about studio change, someone posted the links for 7arcs comments about it. I'm just to lazy to search for them.

My Anime list
My VN list
Old 2015-06-02, 00:51   Link #374
DragonXX

I hope the movie is still being made because I hope it would go into what made Nanoha ultamate choose to leave her family and past friend behind and move to Mid because I think it must of bet a hard choice for her?

Also what made Nanoha brother move to Germany it may not seen important but I may be over thinking thing but you know what also uses German and that the weapons from ancinent Belka so it may me start thinking does Nanoha Older Brother work for TSAB too looking for lost logius on Earth? or something else because I don't think it by chance he in Germany, did the Arthor have something plan, that change?

Also throughout the Series after A's Nanoha Family beside her brother have get camo, in StrikerS it was sound Stage and in Vivid manga it was Vivid giving them a picture of her and friend, why did Nanoha Older Brother not get one does Vivid dislike him or something because if they can give picture to people in other worlds how hard is it to give it to someone in Germany?

Is the arthor trying to get people too forget about Nanoha Older Brother?

Last edited by DragonXX; 2015-06-02 at 01:38.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 14:47   Link #375
Alastoryagami

There is nothing to go into. Nanoha wanted to join the TSAB and thus moved to mid.
Alastoryagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 17:25   Link #376
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You make it sound like it's a permanent change. It's not like she can't go back to Earth ever again; hell she went back in one of the StrikerS sound stages and took the Forwards with her. For her, moving to Mid-childa was the same as any family member moving to a different country--yeah, it's a hell of a distance to cross, but they can still come back if they need to and they can still keep in touch.