AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-23, 16:59   Link #701
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

LOL, I think we just hit yet another observation/instance of cultural difference.

Germans and the German language demand logic. Yot on the other hand, just won't give any...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-07-23 at 22:18.
Old 2013-07-23, 17:39   Link #702
magnuskn

Well, I am big on sourcing your commentary. Comes with being an historian, I guess. ^^
Old 2013-07-23, 23:38   Link #703
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, c'mon, Yot. Can you please stop it with trying to shame people here, which, if I need to remind you, is a torrent site? I can't help it if the Japanese companies are being stupid about their international distribution. This looks like more of a mental disorder on their part to me than being a problem of fansubs. After all, American (and European) companies have no problem translating/subtitling their stuff for local markets although piracy exists.

I already said that I would buy Macross Frontier DVD's if they were out there with subtitles. Also, isn't there the additional problem for Macross with Teh Debbil, erm, I mean Harmony Gold?
I think you misunderstand. I'm definitely putting ALL the blame on the Japanese companies (in this case, Bandai Visual) for being short-sighted. Heck, they don't even put JAPANESE subtitles on 'em! (There was one guy on Amazon.co.jp giving one stars to a lot of anime BD sets because his deaf uncle liked to watch anime, but the sets had no captions).

That said, Yamato 2199 has English subs, Gundam Unicorn, and I think Haruhi... so they're beginning to wake up, maybe.

And they really DO seem to view foreign countries as being populated solely with anime pirates. It's really frustrating.

Anyway, I doubt the new Frontier boxset with have subs, but it's still a possibility.
Old 2013-07-24, 01:50   Link #704
magnuskn

Alrighty, I definitely misread your comment then and I apologize. Please, if you get info that this new release has subs, spread the information, because I would like to support the franchise for things I can actually fully use.
Old 2013-07-24, 09:48   Link #705
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, I for one would DEFINITELY buy a superset or whatever, if it contained english subs, at least.
I'm not rich, but this is something I'd get into trouble with the wife for.

Old 2013-07-24, 10:10   Link #706
Tak

I happen to have purchased a lot of Frontier stuff... model kits, the two movie hybrid packs/game, Macross 30... books... friggin RC cars (which will probably never be opened), did I mention model kits that is now as high as the ceiling and still not assembled? Yeah... I definitely buy my Frontier... fix... and its costing me a lot of dough.

And this is on top of an already very expensive hobby. Sigh.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-07-24, 16:07   Link #707
maximilianjenus
[E]

I donated directly to the macross frontier association so they did nto have to manufacture any good to get my money.
Old 2013-07-25, 16:25   Link #708
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I donated directly to the macross frontier association so they did nto have to manufacture any good to get my money.
You misunderstand. There's no Kickstarter here. That's a Robotech thing.
Old 2013-07-25, 16:54   Link #709
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Alrighty, I definitely misread your comment then and I apologize. Please, if you get info that this new release has subs, spread the information, because I would like to support the franchise for things I can actually fully use.
Will do! (although, REALLY... ? You haven't memorized the subs by this point...? Hopeless, my friend, hopeless...)
Old 2013-07-26, 02:51   Link #710
magnuskn

I still hope for a high-res sub which returns to "hopes and dreams", what can I say.
Old 2013-07-27, 18:18   Link #711
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

The Alto Festival was pretty lame. Little more than a booth where people could write birthday messages to Alto, and buy leftover merch from the various Tokyo events over the past year or so.

The life-size VF-1S cockpit, on the other hand, was pretty cool.

And we went to what was advertised as a talk show by Hidetaka Tenjin, but Kawamori showed up as a surprise guest.

More later. Right now, it's time for sleep.
Old 2013-07-28, 00:49   Link #712
magnuskn

I hope you told him that we gaijin need official subs. And Frontier OVA's.

Realistically speaking, I assume that he was mobbed by fans or shielded by security, of course.
Old 2013-07-28, 01:27   Link #713
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
I hope you told him that we gaijin need official subs. And Frontier OVA's.

Realistically speaking, I assume that he was mobbed by fans or shielded by security, of course.
That's a business decision. Not his department.

And we've already told the Big West people, so they know.
Old 2013-07-28, 03:57   Link #714
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Some new art from the Tezuka Museum (at least, I think it's new)...
Spoiler for Pics:

Birthday messages for Alto at the "Alto Festival."

Spoiler for pics:

After that, much drinking was done.

Spoiler for pic:
Old 2013-07-28, 05:03   Link #715
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

The first 2 were used for a poster or wall scroll and maybe a cushion in the past. Did you leave any messages? What was the festival about?
Old 2013-07-28, 05:54   Link #716
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

[QUOTE=Matts;4773410]The first 2 were used for a poster or wall scroll and maybe a cushion in the past.[QUOTE]

Huh, must've missed those outfits. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
Did you leave any messages? What was the festival about?
No, I really couldn't figure out what to say to Alto... "Come back soon"? "You're not born yet, but happy birthday anyway"? "You, er... aren't gonna read this, are you"...?

As for the "festival," it was for Alto's birthday, but it was really just an excuse to sell leftover merch in Osaka (which is fine, since most of the Osaka fans couldn't get it, and I managed to pick up some stuff I'd missed before).
Old 2013-07-28, 08:10   Link #717
magnuskn

Thanks for the report!
Old 2013-07-28, 08:44   Link #718
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
No, I really couldn't figure out what to say to Alto... "Come back soon"? "You're not born yet, but happy birthday anyway"? "You, er... aren't gonna read this, are you"...?
That's... exactly what I would have written. lol
Thanks for the report, glad you got your stuff!
Old 2013-07-30, 09:19   Link #719
John117xCortana

Damn, Sheryl looks good in that dress.
Old 2013-07-30, 10:20   Link #720
Tak

Must... get... that... dress...

- Tak

Closed Thread