AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-09-03, 13:02   Link #3361
Sixth
Hu Tao

Minamoto should just accept that Chouju, the bully girl, is his only soul mate.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 18:11   Link #3362
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
That delusion stronk!

Its obvious that Kaoruu is the end woman the day Terumi finally realizes it why he was so attracted to her and just goes for it.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 22:25   Link #3363
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
^
That delusion stronk!

Its obvious that Kaoruu is the end woman the day Terumi finally realizes it why he was so attracted to her and just goes for it.
The aunt is just too good for Minamoto at this point.

Minamoto lv 9
Aunt lv935
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-07, 13:56   Link #3364
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

But that's the point of the story.
Old 2015-09-09, 12:43   Link #3365
Vaans
NEET

The aunt is the final boss.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 07:53   Link #3366
Gilly

Spoilers for 181 have been out for a week, and now there are even Korean scans, but still no English translation or even full raws. Well, what I could tell from Korean scans:
Spoiler:
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 13:59   Link #3367
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
There was no real closure. Hanada had it (despite how disappointed readers were by her conquest's ending), Semi had it; opposite to those, Asahi and yandere teacher's arcs are not over yet. Aoi is probably comparable to Yuu because of how abruptly both of their arcs end, except that Aoi is still around and has a cameo every now and then. Yuu leaving the city is sudden and forced and is a lazy way to continue the experiment, unless it turns out her presence in Osaka will serve a purpose
Well, even though Minamoto does quite crappy job in it, it's still inspired by "Tales of Genji" so Yuu had to go like this (still better than if author killed her of)
Old 2015-09-14, 21:03   Link #3368
henshinagogobaby

This thread used to be bumbling with activity but it recently slowed down. Let's see if I can get it going again.

Some stuff/questions to discuss about:

So Terumi is already halfway there! 7 more girls to go! What do you guys think the eighth girl will truly be like? We already some brief glimpses/insights about her: her name is Hana, she's the shortest of the targets that we met so far besides Shian and has gigantic breasts like Hanada. She's also prone to apologizing a lot too. One trait that stands out for her is her "high-pitched anime like voice". How do you think Terumi is going to deal with that? How would any guy deal with that?

Although it's a shame to see Yuu go, the story has been prone to revisiting targets again. I wouldn't count her out just yet. Besides this suits the story and Terumi better in my opinion. Suddenly killing her off would be a huge whiplash to the story. By that logic, Rokujou should've already killed Aoi by now. Plus Terumi wouldn't have to turn into a cheating douche like Konoe and bang every pretty girl he sees behind his lover's back. (Konoe already did this to his own wife with Tsukasa, was about to cheat on Tsukasa with a cross-dressing Terumi, and was going to cheat on his wife again by trying to bang Kaoruko). Remember the point of the story is to not only conquer the fourteen targets in bed, but to also win their hearts. Looking forward to seeing Aoi and Hanada fall for Terumi for real this time, since he already has Asahi, Shian, Semi, Yuu and especially Rokujou head over heels for him in some manner or another.

Although this story doesn't really have a main antagonist, do you guys think Konoe would somehow interrupt the experiment by going after a target, past or future? Do you guys think a confrontation is coming between Terumi and Konoe? Will Konoe ever get his comeuppance? Hell, is Konoe's wife a potential target?

Speaking of comeuppance, will Tsukasa's dirty little secret about the affair ever be exposed? It's obvious at this point that she's slowly but surely warming up to Terumi with every victory he gets on her. Hopefully as part of her character development she finds remorse in what she did to Terumi and would want to go out with the guy. That would be sweet delicious irony. Next to Kaoruko, I think she's the best girl around. She certainly adds interest to the story whenever fans find that the story is starting to drag. Yes she's a bitch who like sleeping with others but hey, Terumi is also going around banging left and right too; hell, he even notes that he's similar to her in that way. Are Tsukasa and her friends like Terumi? Just looking for one decent guy to love them for who they are instead of always running into the mindless losers that we always see? (I'm looking at you Murakami) Will her other bully friends come into play as well? Do you think that they're targets as well?

What about Tsukiko? Will she become a future target? If not that, how about a sex friend? Will certainly add some degree of realism to her erotic short stories if she gets "experience". Could Nagiko be fair game as well since she's about to enter the university? This could be good practice for Terumi to get used to girls around his age instead of always feeding his mother complex and going after older women all the time. Is Murakami ever going to be thrown a bone? Or is he doomed to be in the friend zone forever? (To be honest, that will be hilarious)

How about Terumi's state of mind? We would certainly like him to mature and become more confident but part of the charm to Terumi is his naiveness and willingness to do good by the girl. It's the main reason why Hanada, Semi, and Rokujou opened up to him so much; his kindness is a leading factor. That's why it's worrying when Rokujou says that by going through this experiment, Terumi's "heart" is going to eventually break. Personally, I don't want him to turn into another Konoe or that arrogant "love master" guy; I go from rooting for Terumi to holding a grudge against him. I don't think anyone wants that.

Finally the most popular girl or should I say woman, herself, Kaoruko. What's her deal? Why is she so invested in such an experiment? Did she herself have a horrible experience with a guy? Is Terumi the only one she can get close to, despite their relations? Will she ultimately end up being the final girl in the story to conquer or will that forever remain just a tease?

What do you all think?

Anyone can die. It's living that requires courage.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin
henshinagogobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 22:22   Link #3369
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I wonder too, but must be because the latests girls weren't that appealing to the reader AND that they crave badly for the aunt which doesn't gets the focus I wish.
Old 2015-09-14, 23:23   Link #3370
henshinagogobaby

Personally I think all the girls are appealing and have their ups and downs; the focus can't be all on the aunt or otherwise there's no point to introducing the fourteen targets that Terumi has to interact with. Regardless she still gets her main focus: being the judge at the Beauty Pageant, providing unintentional fan service when Rokujou made out with her, etc. Hopefully another form of "training" is coming soon again between Kaoruko and Terumi.

What about the rest of my questions people? Don't leave this thread hanging.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin
Old 2015-09-15, 10:47   Link #3371
assmdxd

Quote:
I wonder too, but must be because the latests girls weren't that appealing to the reader AND that they crave badly for the aunt which doesn't gets the focus I wish.
i agree with you ???that we crave badly for the aunt which doesn't gets the focus I wish

so cool
assmdxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 10:56   Link #3372
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Just start reading it and shock that the MC is pretty as girl especially at he contest arc
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 13:24   Link #3373
henshinagogobaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJY View Post
Just start reading it and shock that the MC is pretty as girl especially at he contest arc
Haha that's the entire point of the story. What do you think of the rest of the characters, like the aunt or the bully?

-Rurouni Kenshin
Old 2015-09-15, 15:35   Link #3374
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The aunt is the main hook,

The bully, to me is the least appealing of the bunch.
Old 2015-09-15, 15:48   Link #3375
henshinagogobaby

Quote:
The aunt is the main hook,

The bully, to me is the least appealing of the bunch.
Kaoruko has that effect on people.

Personally I like Tsukasa; yes her bullying was horrible but whenever she shows up, the plot gets moving. Something even fans note if the story starts to drag. Plus part of the hate she gets is because the author is always focusing on her negative traits. What would be interesting would be if we get to go through a typical day through her eyes or see her thoughts about Terumi for a couple of chapters.

Plus she had enough sense to dump a scumbag like Konoe thanks to Terumi and has shown that she's willing to take a loss gracefully during the Beauty Pageant. She could've easily have been smug about the victory being "handed" to her or have an epic meltdown but she didn't.

She's also hot as hell, despite her personality. Not much different from Aoi and the way she "ordered" Terumi around.

-Rurouni Kenshin
Old 2015-09-15, 21:34   Link #3376
Dorsai

Why just why when authors trap themself into corner they always use easy solutions like killing character or making them transfer to another city? There is no hope for romance genre anymore...
Old 2015-09-15, 22:17   Link #3377
henshinagogobaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Why just why when authors trap themself into corner they always use easy solutions like killing character or making them transfer to another city? There is no hope for romance genre anymore...
Because the alternative is drawing out a break-up scene which will most likely take up more chapters. People nowadays are very hard to please and want instant gratification. Since the story is told 8-10 pages at a time, the flow of time in this story is going to feel rushed.

Plus this is not really a romance genre as it is a smut/seinen genre. Keep in mind that life could work out that way too: a loved one could easily die out of nowhere or an opportunity descends on them that's too good to pass up. It's why Rokujou calls out Yuu for her decision; prioritizing a job over her boyfriend. To be fair, as much pain as this will bring to Terumi, he's not the type of guy who's going to hog a girl all to himself at the expense of her future happiness.

We also need some manner or another for Terumi to move on to the other targets or there's no story. Terumi himself, despite agreeing to the experiment, keeps whining to Kaoruko that he doesn't want to move on to the next girl since he actually wants a stable relationship but life keeps screwing him over.

- Asahi doesn't want to do more with him because they're cousins and she's still naive about relationships.
- Aoi took his virginity but he's still inexperienced and her father complex is a major factor/turnoff.
- Tsukasa is attractive and while winning her heart would be dramatic ironic revenge, Terumi considers her his sworn enemy; as Kaoruko said, "A relationship with a person you hate is going to feel empty."
- Hanada, the first girl Terumi was willing to abandon the experiment for, didn't really consider Terumi unique and would've done it with any guy who showed her kindness. She's tolerant of Terumi's flaws and forgives him for anything but that shows that she has no attachment towards the guy.
- Rokujou's an obsessive Yandere who tried to force him into marriage. Enough said.
- Semi, despite knowing her current boyfriend's a dick, chose to not pursue Terumi after their one-night stand, though she still developed feelings for the guy.
- Finally Yuu and her transfer to another city. She's shows that she's torn up about it and is the first target to develop genuine feelings of love for Terumi, hence why Rokujou went after her.

We have to wait and see what the other targets are like. Hopefully Terumi will revisit some targets and win their hearts over like he did Yuu. Reserve judgment for the end of the story after all fourteen targets are explored and see if the author is going to go for the harem route or turning down girl after girl until he ends up with one. Question is, which one?

Personally, I'm hoping for either the aunt, the bully or the cousin's best friend.

-Rurouni Kenshin
Old 2015-09-15, 22:17   Link #3378
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Nah, there is no focuss on her negative parts, that was her past.

Now she is just a frivolous girl like many of her uni.

The problem was just Minamoto and his little trauma, but he got over it, now he just feels awkward about having a trauma for something he feels now to be pointless.

That's why I said the least interesting, she isn't gonna change anything, her purpose was a plot device to expose Minamoto's trauma he had to overcome.
Old 2015-09-15, 22:29   Link #3379
henshinagogobaby

Quote:
Nah, there is no focuss on her negative parts, that was her past.

Now she is just a frivolous girl like many of her uni.

The problem was just Minamoto and his little trauma, but he got over it, now he just feels awkward about having a trauma for something he feels now to be pointless.

That's why I said the least interesting, she isn't gonna change anything, her purpose was a plot device to expose Minamoto's trauma he had to overcome.
Minamoto hasn't really overcome anything. He's more confident and comfortable around women sure but he still shakes in fear whenever Tsukasa shows up. He even notes this and wants Tsukasa to take him more seriously instead of always looking down on him.

Plus around other girls, he's still plenty submissive around them and he keeps insisting that he's willing to do whatever they say to keep them happy. A relationship has to work both ways; the girl has to also do some things for the guy too, otherwise it's a one-sided dominance.

I still think Tsukasa has more to add to the story, not only as the main source of trauma to be overcome but as a potential love interest. What if she finds out about the experiment? What would her reaction be? Will she try to ruin it? Will her current attraction to Terumi deepen into love? In doing so, will she come to regret her past bullying? How will she get along with the other targets? Already she's shown jealously towards Hanada for being chummy with Terumi.

Tsukasa has also shown that there's more to her than just being a stuck up bitch to her victims. She can be friendly when she wants to be, even to someone as desperate as Murakami, she's talented in many areas such as the violin, and can even take losses well. As I said before, she needs to be in the spotlight for a while so readers can make a better decision on her character.

-Rurouni Kenshin
Old 2015-09-15, 22:46   Link #3380
Dorsai

Thats what im saying in real life it happen, sometimes. In this kind of manga it happen EVERYTIME. Arent you sick of authors always using easy route after traping themself into corner? Like you said Yuu was first to develop genuine feelings for him and made normal relationship with healthy mutual feelings. Author could use it to find original solution. But now with "moving to another town" solution its story like thousands other mangas in this genre.

Tags
harem, seinen, smut, snusnu