AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 00:21   Link #8161
sergel02

I still see Acnologia as a plot device. Tho i also saw Ultear and Zeref as one for a while too.

But hopefully we do have some time.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 08:56   Link #8162
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
It's not reliable or accurate in the least. An obvious joke or troll post.

As for the fear that many characters being used, etc may mean the series is ending, it's rather unlikely. It's pretty common for tournament or war arcs to pull together all known characters and introduce new ones, without there being any intention of ending the series. Likewise while the length thus far is comparatively long, and approaching the length of Mashima's previous longest work, that doesn't mean much either. Especially as there are a number of series that have run much longer. Really, you shouldn't worry about the series ending until it starts setting up an arc with the actual goal of killing Zeref and Acnologia.
Plus we know what Hiro Mashima's writing style is like: He "leaves his options open" by writing several different possible ways for certain events to play out, and then he just picks one.

For example, during the Tenrou Island arc, when he started playing up that Mest wasn't a member of Fairy Tail as he said he was, Hiro considered making him not just a member of the Magic Council, but also Grimoire Heart or Tartaros, and even planned to make him turn out to be a member of Fairy Tail after all.

Apparently Hiro went through the same process when he brought Jellal back after his defeat in the Tower of Heaven; him having amnesia and becoming a good guy was just one of many possible choices he never went into detail about.

So even if this "troll" post turns out to be what Hiro truly is planning, Hiro Mashima could end up changing his mind and make something entirely different, especially if he discovers that some of his plans have leaked. Besides, I could barely make out half of what that post was saying. (What was that about Lisanna and "Travis"? I don't know any "Travis" in Fairy Tail. Don't tell me they meant "Tartaros".)

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 09:38   Link #8163
ellifeedn
Thinker

Problem is is that mangaka have to plan out their stories months to years in advance before they can start making the chapters. Even weekly chapters are made several weeks to maybe months in advance. I think he makes those scenarios just to up the tension and possibly make a slight mystery.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 09:41   Link #8164
Krono

True, the matter of his writing style allowing for room to change things would allow for him to change things.

Even so, I can guarantee you that that post is not something he's planned at any point, never came from a Japanese website, and probably wasn't even trying to make it plausible.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 02:40   Link #8165
sergel02

I was wondering, why did Natsu do the exhibition in Day 2? the one with the transportation?

Anyway, i can't wait to see Juvia fight. If everything goes well, then she'll fight Lyon, and somehow use Gray as motivation, like Lyon is trying to steal Gray away or something.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:10   Link #8166
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
I was wondering, why did Natsu do the exhibition in Day 2? the one with the transportation?

Anyway, i can't wait to see Juvia fight. If everything goes well, then she'll fight Lyon, and somehow use Gray as motivation, like Lyon is trying to steal Gray away or something.
Because the night before, he was so hyped to be part of the games, he basically said, NEXT EVENT TOMORROW! I CALLED IT! I'M SO GONNA OWN IT!>V<, which made Gajeel do the same thing too when Natsu was entering.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:55   Link #8167
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Spoiler for 282:
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 08:01   Link #8168
Aesthetic Shampoo

Last couple of pages was so cool. Good on you Natsu. You're probably going to get your ass handed to you, but still, good on you
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 08:13   Link #8169
immblueversion

Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah woah. Woah. Woah.

Wait a minute.

I read the latest manga chapter closely. Yukino said something about a "Zentopia" incident related to the recent decrease in celestial wizards. I clearly don't remember any incident of that name happening in series, like it's one of those little incidents such as wars that happened some time ago. But Yukino said it was recent. And when she brought it up, there was a picture of a mountain range and a pyramid on top of it. In fact, it looks like the same mountain range shown at the end of the latest anime opening. An opening showing events for a filler arc.

Could it be...

Hiro is making anime filler...

CANON?!?!

Spoiler for ...:

Old 2012-05-11, 08:17   Link #8170
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Well Natsu is pissed... really pissed...
I'm thinking the Saber Tooth master will prove stronger then Natsu, but I have feeling that it won't be too one-sided Sting and Rouge seem to be already surprised how easily Natsu crushes all their members like bugs.

Edit: Oh Is it me or Natsu gaining points with Yukino right now?
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 08:40   Link #8171
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah woah. Woah. Woah.

Wait a minute.

I read the latest manga chapter closely. Yukino said something about a "Zentopia" incident related to the recent decrease in celestial wizards. I clearly don't remember any incident of that name happening in series, like it's one of those little incidents such as wars that happened some time ago. But Yukino said it was recent. And when she brought it up, there was a picture of a mountain range and a pyramid on top of it. In fact, it looks like the same mountain range shown at the end of the latest anime opening. An opening showing events for a filler arc.

Could it be...

Hiro is making anime filler...

CANON?!?!

Spoiler for ...:
Saw the picture and I was like "I feel sorry for everyone not following the anime, since that stuff hasn't happened in the manga."

I think he is making the anime canon, and if so, I love him for that.

Natsu gonna get his booty kicked in the next episode. I thought it was against the rules to openly go against other guilds at the tourny. Well maybe not.
Old 2012-05-11, 08:51   Link #8172
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Natsu gonna get his booty kicked in the next episode. I thought it was against the rules to openly go against other guilds at the tourny. Well maybe not.
Natsu is intruding a fellow guild's lodging for the sake of revenge, and the first thing you assume is that he's not breaking any rules? Because he's sure breaking something, as you can see in that picture.

Old 2012-05-11, 08:53   Link #8173
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh Mashima-san, you are an inspiriation. Why not have things in the filler referenced into the main story? Doesn't take that much...and the episodes in the anime do not detract in any way from the flow of the story in the manga since we'll find out exactly what event happened in due time without him having to explain it.
Sweet move there.

And yeah, when Natsu put on his game face after Yukino unloaded her bottled up frustrations, I knew he was going to storm Sabertooth. Still, challenging the guild master like that...0.o

"If I beat you, that mean's you'll leave too, right?" Epic line.

Natsu's definitely a 'Screw the Rules, I'm doing what's RIGHT," kinda guy.
Old 2012-05-11, 08:54   Link #8174
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Edit: Oh Is it me or Natsu gaining points with Yukino right now?
Natsu can gain points like a boss. He's had his moments.

His issue has always been about the momentum and consistency in gaining points.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 08:57   Link #8175
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Oh if the author really making the "filler" canon then he is a genius.
Instead of having a random side-story arc to give the manga some time to make a bigger distance from the anime, we get actual additional information.
That's a win in my book.

And that dude is seriously a insane fanatic... And most likely Natsu get's disqualified even if he does beat somehow Genma, so who do you think will be his replacement?
I vote for Levy since she also gone through that power up like the rest of team A.
Old 2012-05-11, 08:58   Link #8176
sergel02

^ so true. But hey, she's a spirit mage too, so ya never know

I really wanted Lucy to take the keys, but i knew she wouldn't. I bet you the final plan thing will involve both of them.

I wonder who the old master of sabertooth was?

But man, i feel like not reading the manga until this arc in the anime is done. I don't want to be spoiled lol. Seriously tho.

Edit: if he does get replaced, then i vote Levy as well.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:06   Link #8177
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

I think Mashima-sensei mentioned that incident as way to make us watch the current arc of the anime with more attention, truly a masterful move.
Ah now I want to know who will it be to interfere in the upcoming fight...
Old 2012-05-11, 09:08   Link #8178
sergel02

lol i can see Makarov dropping in. But aren't they supposed to be in their dorm by midnight? It is night time so I can see issues there. But if Natsu gets kicked out and replaced by Levy everything is good in my book
Old 2012-05-11, 09:20   Link #8179
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hmm... predictable development...
the only thing I'm surprised about is Gray... He's actually realized Juvia's feeling... yay!
Erza still in emo mode
and Natsu is rampaging again... He will be pawned surely...
I don't want to see Fairy Tail got disqualified just because Natsu's foolishness
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 09:20   Link #8180
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
I think Mashima-sensei mentioned that incident as way to make us watch the current arc of the anime with more attention, truly a masterful move.
Ah now I want to know who will it be to interfere in the upcoming fight...
Maybe this "Minerva" character Yukino mentioned. She is, after all, one of the five super-strong members who made Sabertooth what it is today.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen