Notices

Old 2013-12-08, 16:51   Link #7821
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Hahahahahahahahah cleaveland
Old 2013-12-08, 16:52   Link #7822
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I know i is bad in Washington, but I did not expect it to be this bad. Wow, I am astonished by how quickly the wheels has turned on Washington.

Also, I can't believe the Raven's won that game. The Steeler's defense is better than average, but maybe it was because the snow but that is no excuse.

The Buccaneers dismantled the Bills, I thought they would put a better fight.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 16:53   Link #7823
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan was fired this week.

btw is Nick Foles elite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I know i is bad in Washington, but I did not expect it to be this bad. Wow, I am astonished by how quickly the wheels has turned on Washington.

Also, I can't believe the Raven's won that game. The Steeler's defense is better than average, but maybe it was because the snow but that is no excuse.

The Buccaneers dismantled the Bills, I thought they would put a better fight.
it's crazy both 0-8 Florida teams are now 4-9.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-12-09 at 02:44.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 17:06   Link #7824
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
it's crazy both 0-8 Florida teams are now 4-9.
Hey, The Jaguars have been putting up a tear, the Buccaneers just got started with a one. Not that I take anything away from them. I think the Buccaneers have found their starting Quarterback.
Old 2013-12-08, 18:01   Link #7825
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I wouldn't say that. Glennon hasn't been great at all.
Old 2013-12-08, 18:11   Link #7826
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I wouldn't say that. Glennon hasn't been great at all.
There are 4 games left, right now, I think Glennon has proved he is above average quarterback in the 9 games he has played. Not great, but above average which is enough when you see that the Buccaneers have more pressing issues than Quarterback now. They cannot afford to start from scratch with the holes they gotten. Glennon has completed 62 percent of his passes this year, has 13 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, and has a Quarterback rating of 90. That is what he could do with the holes the Buccaneers has.
Old 2013-12-08, 18:51   Link #7827
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Man. Those Patriots are crazy in the 4th quarter right now. It was a tough game to watch. Especially seeing the Pats lose Gronk yet again. That said, what a win!
Old 2013-12-08, 19:20   Link #7828
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Man. Those Patriots are crazy in the 4th quarter right now. It was a tough game to watch. Especially seeing the Pats lose Gronk yet again. That said, what a win!
Yes, but that that is a victory that will cost them in the long run. Now defenses don't need to double team on the Patriots no longer, it will be harder for Brady to pass now.
Old 2013-12-08, 19:26   Link #7829
GDB

Well, it's not like Gronk got hurt in the final minutes, desperately trying for the win. He got hurt early on, when any game (except Chiefs vs Redskins) would still be a normal, competitive game without desperation.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 20:43   Link #7830
Samari
World's Greatest

49ers win against Seattle. Ugly win, but I'll take it. Greg Roman needs to be replaced as offensive coordinator. Although Kaepernick is making him look bad half of the time. Thank goodness for that long run by Frank Gore.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 21:17   Link #7831
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
49ers win against Seattle. Ugly win, but I'll take it. Greg Roman needs to be replaced as offensive coordinator. Although Kaepernick is making him look bad half of the time. Thank goodness for that long run by Frank Gore.
That game was gritty and little leway given by either side. Well done on making Russell Wilson feel the pressure, most I've seen him get caught or pressed for options. Michael Crabtree provided that option Kaepernick has been sorely missing. It wasn't pretty but that's the way you have to win against better teams sometimes. 49ers are still contenders after what I saw that game.

Carolina vs New Orleans has lived up to the hopes so far.

....New England pulled off another zany comeback, even without the Gronk....they may be screwed come playoffs time without him, though.

And geez, did Baltimore leave it late to pinch it from Minnesota...

Oh dear, those Jacksonville fans....Minnesota and Cleveland lose it late, Atlanta lose it late, Oakland lose, Washington lose and now have St. Louis at the #2 draft spot thanks to the RG3 trade...Only Tampa won. Jacksonville keep drifting away from #1. Guess this may not be the year they bite on a QB.
Old 2013-12-08, 23:22   Link #7832
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Oh dear, those Jacksonville fans....Minnesota and Cleveland lose it late, Atlanta lose it late, Oakland lose, Washington lose and now have St. Louis at the #2 draft spot thanks to the RG3 trade...Only Tampa won. Jacksonville keep drifting away from #1. Guess this may not be the year they bite on a QB.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, however, for dedicated fans, it is to be expected. You hope for the best, prepare for the worst. There are 4 teams (Jaguars, Vikings, Browns, and Raiders) that drastically needs a Quarterback with 4 interested in Quarterbacks (Texans, Rams, Buccaneers, and Titans). There is a high possibility that our franchise Quarterback isn't there.

So instead, I am content with our entire draft being about the offensive line, defensive line, and pass rush. I plan to make my mock draft very soon. Suzuku should as well.
Old 2013-12-08, 23:29   Link #7833
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
That was all Frank Gore. What a running back!!!!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 23:35   Link #7834
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
That was all Frank Gore. What a running back!!!!
You got that right, hardly any 30 years old running back can have a game like he did. Very impressive with 17 carries getting 110 yards thus averaging 6.5 yards a carry. 49ers got a gem for a running back.

However, like Samari said, they need to improve the offense if they are going against the Broncos or any major team with a high power offense. Even if you are 4th best total defense in the league, being 28th best total offense will hinder you greatly especially since the 49ers are 32nd in passing. I expect great things from the 49ers next year.
Old 2013-12-08, 23:38   Link #7835
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Well, that was horrible. That was awful. That was horri-awful.

But, aside from it all going down on national TV, I'm not that mad.

TBH, I wasn't really expecting to win tonight. The winning streak was going to end eventually. I was hoping, however, for a close game. The offense couldn't get downfield and defense had a bad night. The secondary and WR core were the big question marks coming in to this season and they still are, along with the OL. Those, hopefully, will be addressed in next years draft.

Blah, hopefully the Panthers come out angry against the Jets. We need to get that wildcard locked up and with the Niners, Eagles, and Cardinals all winning, the pressure has increased a little bit.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 23:39   Link #7836
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

What in the...

New Orleans utterly did a number on Carolina tonight...

*sigh* I finally get to watch a Carolina match and every aspect of the game they've excelled at for the last 2 months, they get annihilated in. Their run game never got going, Cam didn't get to scramble much, Steve Smith was contained all night, while their defense just couldn't keep up with Brees, Graham and Colston. That game was over at half time...

Everyone has an off day at some point, but that one was a major one for Carolina. Games they fall way behind in early are going to be problematic for them. Their D is normally superior but that offense is hardly explosive. O-line (especially right tackle) and a playmaker or two in the WR core seem like real priorities.

Apparently today had the most touchdowns ever in a day of NFL action. I think the final tally was around 92. Drew Brees also became the fastest QB to reach 50k yards. And Matt Prater set a new field goal record with a 64 yarder in Denver today.

If one thing came out of today's games - no team is a real certainty to go all the way at this point. Which makes for exciting times.
Old 2013-12-09, 00:12   Link #7837
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
What in the...

New Orleans utterly did a number on Carolina tonight...

*sigh* I finally get to watch a Carolina match and every aspect of the game they've excelled at for the last 2 months, they get annihilated in. Their run game never got going, Cam didn't get to scramble much, Steve Smith was contained all night, while their defense just couldn't keep up with Brees, Graham and Colston. That game was over at half time...

Everyone has an off day at some point, but that one was a major one for Carolina. Games they fall way behind in early are going to be problematic for them. Their D is normally superior but that offense is hardly explosive. O-line (especially right tackle) and a playmaker or two in the WR core seem like real priorities.

Apparently today had the most touchdowns ever in a day of NFL action. I think the final tally was around 92. Drew Brees also became the fastest QB to reach 50k yards. And Matt Prater set a new field goal record with a 64 yarder in Denver today.

If one thing came out of today's games - no team is a real certainty to go all the way at this point. Which makes for exciting times.
I was surprise as well, maybe it was an off night for the Panthers. The Saints looked like they were prepared to play tonight. The Panthers did not look like they were their normal self this game. However, when it comes to playoff time they will come back.
Old 2013-12-09, 00:19   Link #7838
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post

However, like Samari said, they need to improve the offense if they are going against the Broncos or any major team with a high power offense. Even if you are 4th best total defense in the league, being 28th best total offense will hinder you greatly especially since the 49ers are 32nd in passing. I expect great things from the 49ers next year.
Agreed! Even though the Niners won the game, their offense didn't really evoke much confidence as one of the better team in the NFL.

On a sad note, my miserable Giants are officially eliminated from any playoff picture.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 00:26   Link #7839
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Agreed! Even though the Niners won the game, their offense didn't really evoke much confidence as one of the better team in the NFL.

On a sad note, my miserable Giants are officially eliminated from any playoff picture.
The Giants will bounce back next year, the thing that been hurting the Giants is the inconsistency of the offense. When you look at the roster, you would expect Cruz and Nicks to have at least 100 yards more than what they are showing. They are not bad in defense, rather they are 10th in the league in total defense, but the inconsistency of the offense which is ranked 26th in total offense isn't doing any favors for the defense. Its now a league where the best offense thumps the best defense sadly. Got a time machine to go back to the 90's when they were equal?

What is preventing the Giants from being a great team is the offensive line, they are average. Teams are taking advantage of that because the Giants don't have a good rushing offense however. The lead rushing is about over 400 yards.

Also did anyone see that Patriots and Brown's game? I was eating dinner and missed it, every sport's thread is going crazy about a pass interference call at the end of the last minute.
Old 2013-12-09, 00:26   Link #7840
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Hey, at least you're not Washington and gifting St. Louis a really early pick in the last year of not having a first-round pick.

Tags
american football, sports