Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-11-17, 15:05   Link #1
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
HP Pavillion recovery CD help

So I recently decided that I wanted to start watching some of the old episodes of animu that I had burned onto CD-r a few years ago when I still had Windows ME install. Trouble is that I most likely did not close a lot of these CD's with the burning program that came with the HP Pavilion recovery CD. What I'd like to do is try and find the name of that program so that I can maybe reinstall it by itself so that I can "close" all of these CD's without having to reinstall the entire software suite (I couldn't do it on my current computer anyway since its not an HP machine). Is their any way that I get the list of programs on a recovery CD online somewhere or by booting the CD somehow?
Old 2007-11-19, 01:30   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If the CD and its sessions are readable by your system, they likely can be seen by other CD burning software as well. You should be able to lock the CD that way. I don't know that you can lock it without burning anything else. If you need to burn something to it, just get an empty text file or something, burn it, and have the program set to lock the CD (not allow further multisessions).
Old 2007-12-10, 16:29   Link #3
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
OK, so I finally got around to installed a different CD burning programs (Nero) and tried to close the session that was already thier but I ended up getting an error message ("fixation error" or something). I then tried to use a different program, CDburnerXP (since the version of Nero that I had was somewhat old), but I can't figure out how do close a session. Can anyone recommend me a good program that can close sessions and that is fairly easy to navigate and use?