AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-08, 03:51   Link #121
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
and any characters Yukari Tamura happens to voice will be strong.
Er what makes you say that? Last year Akazukin lost to a sola character.

Anyway I think it will be interesting to see if Rozen Maiden love/hate will spill over into Shugo Chara votes. Not that I'm expecting much from it. It will be eligible for next year though which should get at least Nanoha out of the way.

I don't see why everyone is expecting Horo to do so well though. I don't know how moe she is, but the show she is in doesn't look moe at all. Characters who do well usually are in female heavy shows.
Old 2008-05-08, 04:05   Link #122
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Er what makes you say that? Last year Akazukin lost to a sola character.
Last year Rika won.

But yeah, it was a joke pointing at the fact that Tamura is the only seiyuu who has had two characters win a SaiMoe.
Quote:
Anyway I think it will be interesting to see if Rozen Maiden love/hate will spill over into Shugo Chara votes. Not that I'm expecting much from it. It will be eligible for next year though which should get at least Nanoha out of the way.
Why would they spill into Shugo Chara?

I would think that why would go to their next loligoth from the same animation studio.
Otaku trolled the hell out of Sola in Yahoo! Japan's top anime of 2007 poll.
Quote:
I don't see why everyone is expecting Horo to do so well though. I don't know how moe she is, but the show she is in doesn't look moe at all. Characters who do well usually are in female heavy shows.
That's usually because shows with more female characters have a higher chance of having one who happens to be moe.
For example, it's easier for a series to win a SaiMoe when you have four main doll characters to support (Desu, Boku, Gin, Tea.) or the many girls of Nanoha.
Or you could fail like Code Geass and have 8 of your 10 characters drop out in the first round.

And I personally don't really find her very moe, but if she gets such a large reaction outside of Japan, I imagine that the reaction within should be noticeable, too.
She's also furry, and I don't remember a character with kemonomimi taking top 8 in SaiMoe since Koboshi in 2002.
Old 2008-05-08, 04:56   Link #123
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Why would they spill into Shugo Chara?
Peach-Pit wrote Shugo Chara and Suu looks sort of like Desu.

Quote:
And I personally don't really find her very moe, but if she gets such a large reaction outside of Japan, I imagine that the reaction within should be noticeable, too.
She's also furry, and I don't remember a character with kemonomimi taking top 8 in SaiMoe since Koboshi in 2002.
Yeah but Spice and Wolf is about economics. You wouldn't watch a show about economics to look for moe characters. Besides she's pretty old looking as well compared to past winners.
Erurū got top eight in 2006. And Koboshi only has fake ears anyway.

Although this year I wouldn't be surprised if the top 8 turn out to be all old characters. So yeah.
Old 2008-05-08, 08:44   Link #124
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Quote:
That's usually because shows with more female characters have a higher chance of having one who happens to be moe.
For example, it's easier for a series to win a SaiMoe when you have four main doll characters to support (Desu, Boku, Gin, Tea.) or the many girls of Nanoha.
Or you could fail like Code Geass and have 8 of your 10 characters drop out in the first round.

I think tts very true. More gals = more moe = more chances that the series will have a champion for the year.
Old 2008-05-08, 10:45   Link #125
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Just what have you got against CG

They must have done something terribly wrong to incur your wrath, I actually believe that C.C might have better luck this time round
Quote:
Yeah but Spice and Wolf is about economics. You wouldn't watch a show about economics to look for moe characters. Besides she's pretty old looking as well compared to past winners.
It comes with the package of knowing her personality. She may not look it, but she is quite dam cute (though it is an aquired taste ).

Likewise, some moe character that are designed to be moe just doesn't cut it with me.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-08, 10:53   Link #126
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
C.C. is too apathetic and serious. She never smiles, looks sad or mad, so I'm not sure what moe I'm supposed to be seeing. If she has any kind of human emotion, then sure. All I'm seeing is a character that is popular based on CG fandom. And yes, I do like CG.
Old 2008-05-08, 10:59   Link #127
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Ahh...she us yet another "aquired taste" form of moe. The reason why is complex and some people (me) like to see past just the surface personality. The C.C I see is someone who is deep in mystery, "you ain't see anything yet" is one reason why I like her so, she still has much to offer (besides her highly likable "sadistic" teasing/cluelessly troublemaking but intelligent nature). You just need to see that side of her
(Whereas I am still having trouble seeing what is so likable about shana being just a screaming tsundere in my mind - not so much in S2 though which was an improvement).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-05-08, 11:14   Link #128
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Peach-Pit wrote Shugo Chara and Suu looks sort of like Desu.

Erurū got top eight in 2006. And Koboshi only has fake ears anyway.

Although this year I wouldn't be surprised if the top 8 turn out to be all old characters. So yeah.
have you seen the new animes this season furry is the new moe

Horo's personality is good mix of childishness and maturity. That asnd the tail wagging
Old 2008-05-08, 11:16   Link #129
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Ahh...she us yet another "aquired taste" form of moe. The reason why is complex and some people (me) like to see past just the surface personality. The C.C I see is someone who is deep in mystery, "you ain't see anything yet" is one reason why I like her so, she still has much to offer (besides her highly likable "sadistic" teasing/cluelessly troublemaking but intelligent nature). You just need to see that side of her
(Whereas I am still having trouble seeing what is so likable about shana being just a screaming tsundere in my mind - not so much in S2 though which was an improvement).
Okay, so I can understand that, but that doesn't mean I see it. I'm not a rabid Shana fan either, but I'll say that her most moe point for me is her voice, Rie Kugimiya's cute voice. She actually blushes too, once in a while, so for Shana it's a personality thing instead of her looking cute for me, which could also be semi-acquired.
Old 2008-05-08, 11:37   Link #130
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
have you seen the new animes this season furry is the new moe
Oh yes indeed...and others have caught on.

This season we already have gender bending Wagaya no Oinari-sama and hentai Kanokon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Okay, so I can understand that, but that doesn't mean I see it. I'm not a rabid Shana fan either, but I'll say that her most moe point for me is her voice, Rie Kugimiya's cute voice. She actually blushes too, once in a while, so for Shana it's a personality thing instead of her looking cute for me, which could also be semi-acquired.
If you mean cute voice as in "zomg my ears bleed from annoyance", then yes I also want to strangle her
I like Rie Kugimiya, but her loli voice is meh (and overused)...gief more serious types like Shirayuki (rosario vampire).

Old 2008-05-08, 11:39   Link #131
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Well that's just a matter of taste then. Rie Kugimiya has one of the cutest voice ever, but I may be referring to other series (in fact, I'm referring to Nanoha), so Shana just goes along with the flow. You don't think Sakura-chan is moe anyways so I hate you until I die.

Jk.
Old 2008-05-08, 12:04   Link #132
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally am of the camp of anti-Kugimiya, as her tsunderekko voice really grates my nerves. On top of that, she uses the same voice for Louise, and my hate of that character started bleeding to all other characters she uses the same voice with. That said, her Nene was the stuff of <3.

For me, probably the most moe'est voice would be Itou Shizuka.

Shoko - Assatte no Houko
Alice - Darker than Black
Lenalee - D. Gray Man
Hinagiku - Hayate no Gotoku
Iori - I''s Pure (puts the earlier Iori to shame lol)
Chikage - Nagarasete Airantou
Kuroha - Rental Magica (of course, still no match for Honami )
Eika - Sky Girls
Shinon - Starship Operators
Darry - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Tama-nee - To Heart 2
Akiha - Tsukihime (first time I really got into her voice)
Himawari - xxxHolic

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-05-08, 12:06   Link #133
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Question: is bracketing for Saimoe Japan completely random or seeded around nomination results?
Old 2008-05-08, 12:10   Link #134
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Question: is bracketing for Saimoe Japan completely random or seeded around nomination results?

It is suppose to be random and in 2007 it did look more or less random. But more then a few people point that the 2006 bracket show a large amount of characters form the same series group together.

Her Majesty/Yuki/Mikuru
Nanoha/Fate
Desu/Gin

sticks out the most.
Old 2008-05-08, 12:25   Link #135
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Well that's just a matter of taste then. Rie Kugimiya has one of the cutest voice ever, but I may be referring to other series (in fact, I'm referring to Nanoha), so Shana just goes along with the flow. You don't think Sakura-chan is moe anyways so I hate you until I die.

Jk.
But she did beat gin sama (*cough*fluke*cough*).

*lets my anger out on something small and fluffy*

Yep, sakura isn't moe on my radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
On top of that, she uses the same voice for Louise, and my hate of that character started bleeding to all other characters she uses the same voice with.
Dammit...why can't I forget what happened last Jsaimoe...

The evils...
Quote:
It is suppose to be random and in 2007 it did look more or less random. But more then a few people point that the 2006 bracket show a large amount of characters form the same series group together.

Her Majesty/Yuki/Mikuru
Nanoha/Fate
Desu/Gin

sticks out the most.
Well, the more people from the series, the more chance they end up in the same bracket I guess...

Still suspicious

Old 2008-05-08, 12:53   Link #136
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Yes there is, but the number is in hundreds, not thousands like Hitman Reborn, Gintama, and Code Geass. The problems with MSLN in Korea is that they just can't seem to overcome their real arch-nemesis, Shana.
Wontaek, any chance you can help me get in contact with my fellow MSLN fans?
Old 2008-05-08, 13:18   Link #137
wontaek

Quote:
Wontaek, any chance you can help me get in contact with my fellow MSLN fans?
I will try, but can't guarantee any results
Old 2008-05-08, 14:34   Link #138
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yes Rena took Kagamin home with the highest vote total from last year (not nearly as high as the Fate-Desu battle of 2006), only being beaten in total votes by the Fate-Gin-Satako fight in Round One.

This defeat is partly what caused me to be curious about Rena. "How can psycho cleaver girl out moe Kagami?" I know better now...Rena broke me. I still might (very close "might") vote Kagami over Rena, but I'll understand if Rena wins. It will really depend on the mood of the day.
Old 2008-05-08, 16:02   Link #139
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yes Rena took Kagamin home with the highest vote total from last year (not nearly as high as the Fate-Desu battle of 2006), only being beaten in total votes by the Fate-Gin-Satako fight in Round One.

This defeat is partly what caused me to be curious about Rena. "How can psycho cleaver girl out moe Kagami?" I know better now...Rena broke me. I still might (very close "might") vote Kagami over Rena, but I'll understand if Rena wins. It will really depend on the mood of the day.
Yeah... Higurashi's good performance in JSaiMoe07 was what encouraged me to watch the anime. Same thing happened with RM in 06, when Desu beat Nagato (with 1k fake votes).

Though I still believe that Rena (and the Higurashi cast as a whole) was being used by the RM empire to bring down their biggest threat (arguably). I remember it was some Higurashi girl (was it Mion/Shion?) that beat Ayu earlier on, but then got defeated by Sayuri in the next round. However, all the strategic voting backfired on them though. Tsukasa even beat Desu despite receiving more than 1k fake votes, but lost to Shinku due to leet internet skilz.
Old 2008-05-08, 16:04   Link #140
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Yeah... Higurashi's good performance in JSaiMoe07 was what encouraged me to watch the anime. Same thing happened with RM in 06, when Desu beat Nagato (with 1k fake votes).

Though I still believe that Rena (and the Higurashi cast as a whole) was being used by the RM empire to bring down their biggest threat (arguably). I remember it was some Higurashi girl (was it Mion/Shion?) that beat Ayu earlier on, but then got defeated by Sayuri in the next round. However, all the strategic voting backfired on them though. Tsukasa even beat Desu despite receiving more than 1k fake votes, but lost to Shinku due to leet internet skilz.
Ayu was beaten by Eururu and no hard facts but considering the amount of votes Rena receive it wasn't just RM faction. it was a lot of other factions including the Maria revenge faction.

Tags
saimoe