Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-07, 15:57   Link #1
Seriost
musicHOLiC~

Send a message via MSN to Seriost
An anime with strong and spontaneous characters

I'm currently watching Strawberry Panic! And I like it, only because Shizuma (The Etoile a. k. a. Long haired and beautiful girl) is strong and straight-forward. Oh, and it's a Yuri, so yeah, I like yaoi and I've been trying yuri but never really found anything satisfying enough. The main problem with Strawberry Panic and many other animes is that the main character's often stupid and irritatingly naive when it comes to love... And sometimes the only character with brains is the main character, but I want a little brains in all of them or the majority at least.

I'm looking for a serie with a main char that has a spontaneous mind like mine, for example:

A: Shizuma is a GIRL, and you are a GIRL (preferably main lead). Shizuma is beautiful and you're openminded. She kisses you and you kiss her back THINKING that it wouldnt hurt. Instead of...
B: Running away like a scared twat because you dont know how to kiss someone or you're too influenced with norms such as "homosexual affairs are wrong": P

Simply put: Every character has to be spontaneous and openminded, not too scared or too stupid. Not following some shy little boy main character that's too scared to make an act towards a girl. You want her; you go to her directly and not 5 episodes later.
If you've seen Strawberry Panic I guess I'd like the characters to be something like Shizuma and you'll know what I mean. Mysterious and gentle but still not afraid to take a risk.

I hope my description is readable.
Old 2010-01-07, 20:36   Link #2
Nina.Hey.There.
it's me here >.<

look, i've never seen strawberry panic, but i think that Inu Yasha maybe an anime that fits with what you want.

I mean, it has strong and spontaneous characters.

but is full of fantasy and action... i dont know if you like those animes...

Well, good luck
Old 2010-01-08, 00:30   Link #3
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I could suggest some anime, but none of them are yuri... which I get the impression is really what you want.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-01-08, 03:16   Link #4
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Well, if you want a non-hentai yuri anime with girls kissing, I'm afraid there is nothing besides Strawberry Panic. If you don't mind watching something about building a relationship between girls with hugs, holding hands and sleeping in the same bed (plus adventures and action), but without kisses, you may try El Cazador de la Bruja.
Closed Thread