AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 14:25   Link #28701
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
not to mention the 1/100 one still looks great
I know~ But I just thought I might throw it out there. I guess we're gonna have to wait til we get:

Wing EW Remaster
Wing Zero (TV)
Wing Zero EW Remaster
Nataku
Heavyarms Custom
Sandrock Custom
Tallgeese II
Tallgeese III

Then we might see a Serpent Custom?
Old 2013-01-15, 14:28   Link #28702
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Sometimes, I'm a bit concerned with how Bandai is doing things. I mean their manga/DVD/BluRay business side is just ruined since they overprice everything, and now they don't do anything in the US since people didn't want to pay an arm & leg for it, but now they do stupid things with their GunPla business...
Ill kinda give you this point, dvd's there are priced by metric of how much they want to earn divided by how many people would buy them for obscene prices. But it obviously works for Japan so far.

That said you need to get it out of your head that Bandai gives a single damn about any area that isn't Japan and south-east asia considering their major gunpla and gundam related decisions.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 14:30   Link #28703
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Ill kinda give you this point, dvd's there are priced by metric of how much they want to earn divided by how many people would buy them for obscene prices. But it obviously works for Japan so far.

That said you need to get it out of your head that Bandai gives a single damn about any area that isn't Japan and south-east asia considering their major gunpla and gundam related decisions.
Makes sense. But I mean I feel like Bandai should've at least licensed the Gundam franchise and others to more prevalent US distributors/localization groups like Viz Media. Maybe then they could've priced it more reasonably, sell more, and be happy.
Old 2013-01-15, 23:29   Link #28704
Skye629

On the topic of SEED HGs, do anyone know if the Slaughter Daggers Aile Pack is compatible with the Strike Noir? Im thinking of getting it for its yellow beams lol, and a cool grunt suit too (love that red/black/grey color scheme and the way they were used to slaughter innocent refugees)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 23:57   Link #28705
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
On the topic of SEED HGs, do anyone know if the Slaughter Daggers Aile Pack is compatible with the Strike Noir?
It does. I remember giving it a try just for the lulz and it fits somehow. Of course, I wasn't seriously considering displaying Strike Noir with it. Slaughter's Aile Pack is too ugly for Noir imo.
Old 2013-01-16, 01:33   Link #28706
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It does. I remember giving it a try just for the lulz and it fits somehow. Of course, I wasn't seriously considering displaying Strike Noir with it. Slaughter's Aile Pack is too ugly for Noir imo.
Ah ok thanks for the input ^^

Might get this now, I really need those yellow beams and grunt units are always appreciated

How is your Strike Noir posed atm? Just a curious question

I have mine on the base it came with in the classic angelic descending pose with the pistols in both hands at the sides and the binders deployed like a flight pack with both cannons facing off at an angle away from the suit. Out of all my kits this one really stands out, guess its due to me going through the pain of painting all the gray, red, and yellow which was needed to make the kit look nice
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 04:16   Link #28707
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How is your Strike Noir posed atm? Just a curious question.
Sadly, my Slaughter & Noir have long been returned to their boxes due to the lack of space to display them in my room (my newer MGs and 1/100s consume all the space XD). No matter, I do plan on getting MG Noir anyway.
Old 2013-01-16, 09:45   Link #28708
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
@duotiga: Nice, it's been so long since I've seen that kit.

If you really like SEED's Zakus in 1/100 scale, I'd suggest you wait until Destiny Remaster. Who knows, Bandai might release the MG of Lunamaria's Gunner Zaku Warrior or Rey's Blaze Zaku Phantom since those two are prominent MSs in the series.

Oh, and speaking of awful HG SEED, this one is also a good example:

*snip*

Seriously, this decision of Bandai just doesn’t make any sense to me. If they just want to “test the water” on Perfect Strike’s sales, why not just release an additional parts of Perfect Pack for RG/MG Sword-Launcher Strike? I bet that would cost less production-budget than creating a brand new mold of HG Perfect Pack (plus, it'll sell like hotcakes for those who already own RG/MG S-L Strike). Instead, we get Perfect Pack created for the lame-duck HG Strike which has bad proportion and articulation . I don’t know about you guys, but I think it’s a waste of Bandai’s time, money, and effort.
What makes it worse is that the entire Perfect pack is molded in grey/black. Meaning only painters would buy it.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 10:14   Link #28709
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
What makes it worse is that the entire Perfect pack is molded in grey/black. Meaning only painters would buy it.
Yeah, that's even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Honestly, it isnt that expensive to rerelease the HG, the launcher/sword packs don't need to be changed at all, the only thing that needs new mold is the C1-C2 pieces for the backpack, and it's all done, it's a pretty smart move made by them, lame as hell, but smart and it wouldnt cost them alot.

Releasing it for the RG would be more expensive, same with a MG, since they would need more complex molds instead of two blocks with pegs on them
I still think that making a batteries-clip and connector for RG/MG Sword-Launcher Pack will be cheaper (or at least equal) compared to creating an entirely new mold of HG Perfect Pack. Only, parts for RG/MG will certainly sell a lot more than HG Perfect Strike due to it’s cheaper price and better result. Mind you that HG Strike never had any mold of Sword-Launcher Pack before, so they have to make it from zero. And tell me if I'm wrong, but I think they also totally overhauled the HG's Aile Pack (notice that the top wings have become longer now). That means more production budget are spent for that lame HG.
Old 2013-01-16, 13:00   Link #28710
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
I would certainly buy a HG Perfect Strike,IF the backpak can be mount on Slaughter Dagger or Gunbarrel Dagger. A "Perfect Dagger" would just scream awesomeness.. Is it confirmed the Perfect Strike backpack would be release with no paint apps on it ??
Old 2013-01-16, 15:58   Link #28711
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Is it confirmed the Perfect Strike backpack would be release with no paint apps on it ??
I haven't confirm it myself (coz I don't really care tbh). You might want to check some reviews for that.
Old 2013-01-16, 17:38   Link #28712
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
I haven't confirm it myself (coz I don't really care tbh). You might want to check some reviews for that.
Same here in that I really don't care, but I remember seeing pics of it, with a (coloured) HG Strike mounted with grey/black Perfect parts.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:41   Link #28713
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
I have seen some recent image,maybe the all grey/black were its prototype stage color. If all those small little detail on Sword & Launcher pack were all sticker,it's fine by me..
Old 2013-01-17, 17:48   Link #28714
Appel

Nu Ver.Ka. First model I ordered since freaking June, biggest MG release of 2012... And it's stuck in customs. Of course >__>
I hate that I (well, WE since most of us don't live in Japan) always have to import these kits.
Oh well, it's thursday and it comes via DHL express. I really hope it will be released tomorrow at the latest, because then I can still have it on saturday if I'm lucky. Otherwise I won't have time to build it all week long! XP

Since I am waiting now for it to be released and since this is a big topic when it comes to Gunpla, what was the longest time you ever had to wait for a package to be released from customs when you imported a model?
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:55   Link #28715
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I buy from a local vendor, who imports them. They must've preordered the MG Nu Ver Ka, seeing as they had it in stock five days after its original release.
Old 2013-01-17, 20:19   Link #28716
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Importing has got to be 1 of the biggest hassles and headaches because of currency exchange rates, waiting for customs, etc.

I try to buy everything that I want that is in the US be it through places like Amazon, eBay, Tatsu Hobby, Gundam Planet, etc.

There are those super rare and very few instances where I've at least considered importing and I have imported things before from HobbyWave (based in Canada and I live in the US), Hobby Link Japan (which is in Japan as everyone knows), and well, it wasn't that good of an experience and the wait time is quite long.

I usually check Amazon first though since I pay the yearly $79 (plus tax) for the Prime services which gives me unlimited 2 day delivery on most things sold on Amazon, and it's definitely worth it since I do end up buying more than 10 orders on Amazon in a year so it actually pays for itself (not to mention all the additional benefits I get through it).
Old 2013-01-17, 20:21   Link #28717
Sworra

Biggest mistake i did when i ordered was through Amazon. Because i live in North America i thought it would be better for price and faster shipping but i was wrong. More like it was the longest to arrive and the most expensive to order through. I waited three weeks until it arrived and this was just regular UPS, FED-EX courier. I learned my lession quick and started to search for other places. Thank you Hobby-wave, Gundam Planet and HLJ.
Old 2013-01-17, 20:34   Link #28718
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Not model kit but super hcm pro unicorn which ordered from Taiwan in eBay . Took almost a mth to reach my home from the date I purchase it 2 years ago
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:51   Link #28719
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Not model kit but super hcm pro unicorn which ordered from Taiwan in eBay . Took almost a mth to reach my home from the date I purchase it 2 years ago
Mine arrived 2 months after, LOL! And guess what? My mom lost the notice, now I have to wait for the second notice to come before I can get it.

Until now, no one has ever posted this. So I might as well do this myself.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...ive-rg_17.html

It's gorgeous! It's just sad that it's RG. I don't really care because I'm about to buy an MG of it before or after the end of the month

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com

Last edited by maknaedik; 2013-01-18 at 04:08.
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 08:15   Link #28720
suiton629
Master Grade Master

http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2013/...exclusive.html

MG Tallgeese 2 confirmed!

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy