Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 09:29   Link #241
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You're right that he clearly didn't think this all the way through. (I like the two choices! ) But actually, I think there's something in Episode 4 that tips us off here too -- at lunch, he was surprised that she took the promise seriously. So I guess he probably didn't actually think that far ahead, and thought only that it'd diffuse the current tension and that she'd either forget about it or he could brush it off later by making some excuse. I guess he thought it through about as well as when she invited him over to her house in front of everyone (getting closer to that option 2 already! ).
Option two would have been refreshing but a little too mature, maybe. I don't think he meant it seriously either, as I said, I thought it was a bluff but it was a really bad/shortsighted/perplexing bluff from someone in his position and given what he told us about himself in Ep.4. You're right that it was a fun little duality that both he and Airi made these offers without thinking about what they were saying, and that were very easily taken the wrong way. The only difference was that Airi had just found herself in a new atmosphere whereas Shingo did it in his usual stride (just without thinking about what he was getting himself in, apparently).

Maybe we can still hold out hope for another such series of not-thought-out events ending up in Option2?

Quote:
Spoiler for some inferring based on the game to this point:
Spoiler for rawr:

Quote:
Cheers to that! If I were to make a list of "cutest VN heroines of all time", Airi would definitely make the list (along with Sana). Truthfully, if they gave me nothing but lots of that in this anime, I'd probably be totally satisfied -- I'm not that hard to please.
Cheers to that.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 11:49   Link #242
Candyshark

Reading your posts Vena and Flame i'm in a loss to see how is his proposition of having her tutoring him could turn thing for worse? It was merely a very simple tool to give her an excuse to leave.

What came to my mind if Shingo is person who avoids tensions how he gonna deal with Sana who is an obstacle to get to Miu? Would not it be more reasonable for him to keep distance from Miu all together. He doesn't seem to suffer from typical "gotta save damsel in distress" syndrome. I would be very surprised if he stirs some problems up to resolve problems instead of avoiding frictions.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 12:39   Link #243
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Reading your posts Vena and Flame i'm in a loss to see how is his proposition of having her tutoring him could turn thing for worse? It was merely a very simple tool to give her an excuse to leave.

What came to my mind if Shingo is person who avoids tensions how he gonna deal with Sana who is an obstacle to get to Miu? Would not it be more reasonable for him to keep distance from Miu all together. He doesn't seem to suffer from typical "gotta save damsel in distress" syndrome. I would be very surprised if he stirs some problems up to resolve problems instead of avoiding frictions.
Well... I think that's sort of over-simplifying his motivation a bit. He's not trying to avoid conflict, he's trying to diffuse conflict. In the process, he puts all the burden on himself, goes out of his way to be helpful, and puts on a fake smile so people won't be mad anymore rather than express any frustration or anger. So if he remains true to form based on what he just said, we can assume that his next step might be to try to diffuse the conflict with Sana in a similar way to how he diffused the situation with Airi, which is sort of "kill them with kindness". Basically, he does put himself in situations where conflict will arise, but he doesn't attack or retaliate, which eventually forces the other side to back down ("if they're itching for a fight I won't give them one", or sort of "turn the other cheek").

As for how the study session could have gone bad... well, if they were still as "high tension" as they were before Airi's secret was revealed, but she still insisted on following through with her promise and tutoring him, I imagine it wouldn't not have been a very "pleasant" study session. It probably still would have worked out, since Shingo could still follow his "kill them with kindness" technique, but if something had gone wrong it could have made things that much worse between them. So it was a bit of a gamble on his part that she probably wouldn't take him up on it seriously and would just use the excuse to leave, since he figured an excuse was what she was looking for but couldn't give herself due to her pride.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:14   Link #244
amoirsp

After watching four episodes I realized that I felt like Miu has been a seriously big driving force. Well, somewhat offscreen, that is.

I had some inquiry on it so I'll tag spoilers.

Spoiler:

I might have remembered something wrong but I am definitely interested to see which direction Manglobe decides to do. I originally thought Miu fits great as a supporting senpai but that's a lot more offscreen pro activity than I expected now that I think about it.

And on the flow thing, it's critical. I remember a friend I know who saw Hoshikaka thought it was weird to have a flashback with a character but not be the lead girl.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 15:45   Link #245
relentlessflame

*Administrator

amoirsp: I don't think all of your questions have anime-based answers, so you might have to direct some of these questions towards the game thread if you want more information (though I think the answers will come in the anime if you give it time). I'll answer what I can though, only based on what we've seen in the anime...

Spoiler for quotes and responses from amoirsp's spoiler section; no future event spoilers:
Old 2011-10-31, 18:22   Link #246
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for possible game spoiler about the anime version of Sana as a response to amoirsp post:

Last edited by hyl; 2011-10-31 at 18:34.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 20:42   Link #247
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for possible game spoiler about the anime version of Sana as a response to amoirsp post:
Spoiler:

Alright, I'll just look forward to the upcoming episodes.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 22:32   Link #248
Vena
Carpe Diem

I am not sure what Miu is focusing on, whether she's focusing on the whole cast or on Shingo specifically. Some good points have been raised that I could see being taken to mean either one. She could definitely fit the role of caring senior who's out to get her underclassmen together and understanding one another. She could also be doing this all for Shingo because she saw through his facade.

You could easily argue that she is taking care of her underclassmen in the same way she is taking care of the injured animals. That she took in Shingo in order to give him a place to belong while she helped him find him place in the school and in a better atmosphere. Or... you could just as easily think she's just as enamored as Airi.
Old 2011-10-31, 22:50   Link #249
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
You could easily argue that she is taking care of her underclassmen in the same way she is taking care of the injured animals. That she took in Shingo in order to give him a place to belong while she helped him find him place in the school and in a better atmosphere. Or... you could just as easily think she's just as enamored as Airi.
Yup, and this is again where I'd simply say that it helps to remember the source. These are games where, based on a common foundation/base setting, many different possibilities can be explored. So the fact that it isn't all clear and we don't know it all yet simply means that there is more to be revealed and doors that have yet to be closed. And at this point in the story, I think that's a good thing. Time will tell...
Old 2011-10-31, 23:57   Link #250
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I guess if I had to say what I think this series has been so far is mellow but a sizable dollop of Sappy slapped on

It certainly gives off a odd feeling, you can't mistake ithat it is a VN adaptation but not the usual kind we get.

It doesn't have many cliches in the typical sense concerning what this is yet has it's moments, that won't let you forget what this is as well.

Good stuff.

4 eps in now, gotta say really liking the ED, much more than the OP.

"Bring Bring Love, Bring Bring Spell~" <--it's soooooooooo catchy
Old 2011-11-01, 08:58   Link #251
ookamigirl

Airi having some money issues, but working hard.
It's never easy living on your own.
Hanging out at her apartment was pretty fun ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 09:02   Link #252
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I am not sure what Miu is focusing on, whether she's focusing on the whole cast or on Shingo specifically. Some good points have been raised that I could see being taken to mean either one. She could definitely fit the role of caring senior who's out to get her underclassmen together and understanding one another. She could also be doing this all for Shingo because she saw through his facade.
It would be interesting, if Miu has been able to see though Shingo's facade. It may not necessarily be a too important trait, but I would somehow like it to be true. She's obviously very good in providing relaxed atmosphere/tension-relieving atmosphere + is - at least a bit - attracted to Shingo (as seen by her blushing in the latest episode). From the existing sources, I think Shingo can be glad to have encountered Pannya which in turn lead him to meet Miu .
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 15:14   Link #253
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2011-11-01, 15:15   Link #254
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Iroiro 05 - 夢をみる:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 15:28   Link #255
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-01 at 16:07.
Old 2011-11-01, 17:06   Link #256
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2011-11-01, 18:26   Link #257
Vena
Carpe Diem

Spoiler for Because subs aren't out yet!!:
Old 2011-11-01, 20:12   Link #258
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for spoiler episode 5:
Old 2011-11-02, 00:01   Link #259
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know if it's the MASSIVE levels of dere being unleashed in every direction, but episode 4 has shot my interest in this show to new heights and despite what I've said in the last few weeks about Uryuu, he suddenly became alot more entertaining to watch in this episode, damn VN leads and their ability to say the right things...

The only thing I thought was strange was the sudden 180 with Sana, it's like now that Sena has accepted the guys they needed someone else to pick up her slack

(Looking back now, it was sort of mentioned in the synopsis right? But they certainly did a good job hiding it for the last 3 weeks... )

Time to jump into the 5th episode.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 01:05   Link #260
amasposu

Just watched episode 3. I'm loving this series so far. Sena is SO cute. 8D

Both the OP and ED are so good.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen