AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-08, 04:25   Link #381
amethystjewel

I usually like female characters like Saki but for some unfathomable reason I totally love Shoko. She have mysterious charms that just draws me. I usually despise cheerful characters but I just can't bring myself to dislike her. This is really weird. Now, she's my most favourite character along with L-elf.
Old 2013-08-08, 05:29   Link #382
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethystjewel View Post
I usually like female characters like Saki but for some unfathomable reason I totally love Shoko. She have mysterious charms that just draws me. I usually despise cheerful characters but I just can't bring myself to dislike her. This is really weird. Now, she's my most favourite character along with L-elf.
Mysterious charm >///<
*nodding*
Old 2013-08-09, 06:26   Link #383
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I don't really get why does Japan and most people shat on Shoko Sashinami's character so much they started to make some funny visual memes to mock of her? Shoko was a breath of fresh air compared to other genki girls and I don't see how they call her a retard (and I've been on /a/ for a long time) so I wonder why they did that.
I tell you why - because she isn't Saki. Stupid waifu/best girl wars.
Old 2013-08-09, 23:06   Link #384
Key Board
Carbon

Shokorave is a 2chan meme, IIRC. I don't think they actually hate her. 2chan just like weird memes like that.
Not that sure about 4chan, but Personally, I see more toxic comments directed at Saki than Shoko on 2ch
Seriously, you don't know what being shat on is like until you look at 2ch threads.

It will make your soul die a bit. It's like the worst parts of Fox News and Facebook combined.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-08-10, 06:23   Link #385
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Shokorave is a 2chan meme, IIRC. I don't think they actually hate her. 2chan just like weird memes like that.
Not that sure about 4chan, but Personally, I see more toxic comments directed at Saki than Shoko on 2ch
Seriously, you don't know what being shat on is like until you look at 2ch threads.

It will make your soul die a bit. It's like the worst parts of Fox News and Facebook combined.
Haven't seen any Saki's but the pregnant-related absurdities. Memes are supposed to be enjoyed so I don't mind if I saw one of Shouko's or Saki's.
Old 2013-08-10, 06:28   Link #386
Key Board
Carbon

not talking about picture memes

talking about toxic comments
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-08-10, 06:46   Link #387
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
not talking about picture memes

talking about toxic comments
sorry for overlooking. I only look at 4chan and not 2ch. I still haven't seen any but on reviews and blogs. I hope I don't see any toxic comments about her since I already got enough of Shouko's.
Old 2013-08-10, 07:03   Link #388
Key Board
Carbon

animesuki is more civil, thankfully
Old 2013-08-10, 11:26   Link #389
Fjoergyn

They forget that Saki also gets bad reviews, for example bitch xD
Old 2013-08-10, 11:43   Link #390
Key Board
Carbon

don't start
Old 2013-08-10, 15:58   Link #391
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I tell you why - because she isn't Saki. Stupid waifu/best girl wars.
Yep. When there are two main female characters, especially if they're both potential love interests for a main male character, people who have a particular liking for one of the two tend to demonise the other. It's so unnecessary. It's as if everything one of the main two girls does is held up to the standard of the other one. One must be good and perfect, and one must be evil and hated. Rinse, repeat. And there's no sensible reason for it to happen.

I adore both Shoko and Saki - they're my favourite characters in the series - and I hate to see either of them being hated just because they aren't the other one and for some reason people have decided there ain't room enough for the both of them in the series.
Old 2013-08-11, 04:19   Link #392
Key Board
Carbon

History shows that conflict is inevitable

observe and relive the past

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

personally, I think it's good enough if we can avoid name calling. But even that is hard
Old 2013-08-11, 05:31   Link #393
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I will like Shoko more if she has a silky black/or blackish long hair, but that goes to Saki. I can't help it but I'm totally bias toward girl with long hair and especially these that are silky black/ or blackish color. If Shoko can grow her hair longer and then dye it black I might like her more but until then it totally Saki for me now. Long and black hair FTW!!
Old 2013-08-11, 06:19   Link #394
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I will like Shoko more if she has a silky black/or blackish long hair, but that goes to Saki. I can't help it but I'm totally bias toward girl with long hair and especially these that are silky black/ or blackish color. If Shoko can grow her hair longer and then dye it black I might like her more but until then it totally Saki for me now. Long and black hair FTW!!
Well, I admit that girls with dark long hair have striking beauty. Whilst you like heroines with silky black hair, I like short ones or long that suddenly get cat and grow again. I call this HAIR EVOLUTION It is most of the time correlated with character development. Umm. . . still I look through someone's peronality first before looking at her physical attributes.
Old 2013-08-20, 13:05   Link #395
Fjoergyn

Its position as leader of a country does not allow you to play more.
Old 2013-08-21, 10:32   Link #396
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

^ what pov are you using?

Shouko.

Becoming a leader has the same logic with becoming a chess master. A chess master's once a beginner so does a leader, once a follower. Shoko being a leader doesn't mean that all she does is to act one by filling up her position with leadership roles. Although she did already become one and has shown potential of turning into a pillar, she had not yet fulfilled her duties. She's still a beginner and has more to learn. If she would be the protagonist of the story aside from just being a mere mc, anybody could see the great development on her from time to time, unfortunately Haruto turns out to be the indecisive pivotal character. Anyways, she is thus so far flat, I like her in many ways though.

I'd be glad if there's gonna be a strange turn of events where she suddenly becomes a tactician and a strategist though, it wouldn't be. L Elf already filled that void. For some reasons, I saw Shoko in Hajime's stead if you're watching Gatchaman. Actions are unpredictable and highly doubtful, but it unwraps the muffled greatness behind these so-called seemingly irrational behavior they're pulling. Hope someone is getting my point.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-08-21 at 10:43.
Old 2013-08-21, 13:22   Link #397
Key Board
Carbon

Hajime from Gatchaman is a monster

I say this not to insult Hajime, but because I fear her.

Shoko is human.
Old 2013-08-25, 02:29   Link #398
amethystjewel

Yes. Shoko is human and that's why she intrigues me because among the major characters, she's the only one who retained her humanity (both literally and figuratively) by the end of season 1. And hopefully having the most character development by the start of season 2 due to harsh situations she's been put through.
Old 2013-08-26, 11:36   Link #399
Fjoergyn

They retain their humanity there is no guarantee that it remains the one we know. I expect an evolution to it, I think L-Elf have much to do with it.
Old 2013-08-30, 16:48   Link #400
vanca

A new gift for Shoko x L-elf fans:

In VVV's 1st Official Fan Book (published today), Okouchi sensei answer positively about the question regarding the possibility for their pairing:

Q:エルエルフは?ショーコにからみませんか?

A:ショーコはいいですよね。エルエルフの想像を飛び越えてくる感じが。

恋愛の始まりが驚きであるならば彼女以上の相手はいないと思います。

それに彼女のやってきたことをエルエルフは彼なりに認めていると思うし。

Whether they'll really happen or not, this shows that the staffs do know and acknowledge the chemistry and potential for that pairing. L-elf's VA himself, Kimura Ryohei also a fan of Shoko-L elf's interactions
Closed Thread

Tags
characters