AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 22:19   Link #341
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
Oh yeah, if this turns out to have 200000000+ episodes, then I'm dropping it. I just don't like it when anime are overly long.
It was announced that the anime was scheduled for 45 episodes. How much it will cover the manga is still unknown at this point. But personally I'll be happy if they finish at least the Kumagawa/Minus story arc.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 22:31   Link #342
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
It was announced that the anime was scheduled for 45 episodes. How much it will cover the manga is still unknown at this point. But personally I'll be happy if they finish at least the Kumagawa/Minus story arc.
Huh... I think the last anime I watched that was this long was FMA, and that was yeeeears ago. Well, at least it's not a bajillion episodes.
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 23:06   Link #343
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Wow, I never would've thought this anime would have that many potential episodes. I thought the first episode was okay and if I like the next few episodes, I'll stick with the series. I think the plot is decent so far, but I need to see more depth the next few episodes in order for it to keep my interest. My only concern is that this turns out to be another anime which has 70% of superficial plot while the other 30% is the good stuff.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 23:25   Link #344
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
Wow, I never would've thought this anime would have that many potential episodes. I thought the first episode was okay and if I like the next few episodes, I'll stick with the series. I think the plot is decent so far, but I need to see more depth the next few episodes in order for it to keep my interest. My only concern is that this turns out to be another anime which has 70% of superficial plot while the other 30% is the good stuff.
I like to think that 70% of the first episode was occupied by Medaka's breasts.
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 23:35   Link #345
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Wow, who would have thought that Toyosaki Aki's voice has such a deep and coarse range as well.
Who?People who watched UN-GO!Though I admit that's not many people
Old 2012-04-08, 00:21   Link #346
DesuX2

「I enjoyed the anime's first episode very much. Watching it realized that the ending of the second arc is actually a throwback to the first chapter to the series. 」
Old 2012-04-08, 01:42   Link #347
Excorsism

Oh man, boy am I looking forward to Hipster-kun's appearance.
Old 2012-04-08, 02:51   Link #348
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Wow, who would have thought that Toyosaki Aki's voice has such a deep and coarse range as well. If it werent' for th credits one would have NEVER suspected that Medaka was voiced by Yui-chan!!
I know right....Medaka = K-ON Yui is just plain...weird...
Old 2012-04-08, 03:56   Link #349
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I know right....Medaka = K-ON Yui is just plain...weird...
We've been so used to Yui's derp for long, that Medaka's smarts is so much of a shock.
Old 2012-04-08, 04:09   Link #350
EroKing

I'm here for the tits and the lulzromance
Here's a freebie~
Old 2012-04-08, 04:23   Link #351
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Here's a freebie~
I take it.

Also, I can't help but think but the production value felt cheap. Not to mention the music, oh man the music. However, it's endearing enough to keep me watching.
Old 2012-04-08, 05:25   Link #352
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Watched it... and we got a winner. No, fuck, this show blows off the doors on me!

Once again... MANGATRON WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
He is on a blood pool on Current Series before being able to enter to this thread .
I'm here! after washing off all that blood of course, but, wait, maybe I shouldn't even be here. I mean I put the manga aside when it stopped being about Medaka's Box, and started being something else. The strange part is I continued to get the chapters despite not reading them. Hmm, that was a strange use of bandwidth.... maybe deep down inside I still had a love for Medaka's Boobs er I mean Box. Heck, maybe they should have renamed the series "Medaka's Boobs", I know I would have returned to reading it if it had I thought of re-reading the manga before the anime started, but maybe I'll let the Anime catch up to where I paused reading and dual wield them both from then on. Sounds like a good idea

But I have a serious problem with this first episode. I'm Dead Serious about it, folks, and it disturbed me to no end.......

WHERE THE HECK IS THE BOUNCE!?!?!!? I mean it was there sometimes, but what confounded me to this moment is when she didn't bounce when science dictated she should have. For example, when she was walking down the hall talking to Shiranui, I can't see it jiggle like there's no bra despite my 17 inches of blinding real estate, and yet when she was standing in front of the dojo, she was bouncing like there's a chestburster in there while she was stationary. WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THAT WHERE MY JIGGLY SCENES I WANT TO SEE MORE BOUNCE THIS IS GAINAX ISN'T IT WHERE THE JIGGLY AT

Ah what am I complaining about? TWINTAIL MEDAKA!!!!!

Hey Medaka, nice butt

Hey, since I was wrongfully deprived of Lan's butt for a season, I guess I'll have a staring session at Medaka's Butt for this season (and before you guy's call me "asstron", I want to say there's nothing wrong with loving a girls awesomely cute pantsu-clad butt)

Ahem....I want to be honestly blunt with this, but I somehow can't get used to Shiranui's laugh. Maybe I've been poisoned by Amagami's Miya and her "Nishishi", but.... I just don't know why. It's going to take some getting used to, but I'm not sure how. Maybe I need to stare at that ahoge of hers...

Want to see some more glasses ponytail girl too. Maybe if I don't see her enough in the anime, I'll take my rage by resuming the manga...

Speaking of which, I had to lol seeing Hyuga''s glasses bent like that after that punch. What I find funny about that.... I use Gendo Ikari glasses for preotection, and I had to use a wrench to customize the frame. A wrench man, and Zenki bends it with his fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
We've been so used to Yui's derp for long, that Medaka's smarts is so much of a shock.
Talk about shock, I've been so used to Toyosaki's voice for Hyakka Ryouran's Naoe Kanetsugu more than any other character she worked on, and no matter how many times I listen to Medaka, I still cannot detect her
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Here's a freebie~
I might be wrong, but I thought someone used this a few pages back...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 06:31   Link #353
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Really? This is going to last more than 24 episodes? I found the first episode so boring that I paused at least three times to do something else. I didn't really like any of the characters either ..
Expect 1 cour. The original rumors that came out @ the same time as Gainax animating and Imashi directing (and he may well have been if he stayed @ Gainax) also mentioned a split cour airing.

Quote:
I don't think it was confirmed to be 45 episodes, only 1 website in total ever gave that figure. And I think most manga fans would love it to at least do Kumagawa/Minus arc, even the heretics who don't like Kumagawa know that this is when the manga stepped up its shit.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 07:20   Link #354
xizro345
King's Justice

I actually found the Kumagawa Arc pretty much horrible (followed by the even more horrible Anshin arc), and I wouldn't mind the series stopping before that.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 08:20   Link #355
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I have a suspiscion that it will end with the Kumagawa arc...but it depends on how the pacing is done.

Also, Kamina vs Medaka... Kamina loses big time.

And Zenkichi, you're so Tsundere, it hurts...
Old 2012-04-08, 15:06   Link #356
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
I don't blame you for not liking Medaka. I guess it can be said for many protagonists that have a Mary Sue vibe to them, anime or not. Despite her being some sort of "super girl" there are still some things that are beyond her abilities. I think it's important to view Medaka not merely as a heroine who will beat her enemies and protecting her friends/comrades which is cliche in shounen manga. But rather to see her demeanor and actions as a human being as well her unwavering conviction to help anyone in need.

You might want to give it at least 4 - 5 episodes more since the first few will focus on gathering other important characters and how Medaka deals with other people's problems. I also had similar feelings when I first read the manga. But when the story shifted to the main plot things got gradually better. But to give you fair warning that this is a shounen "battle" anime. The battles though aren't always combat oriented like we see in many shounen anime. If that genre doesn't appeal to you then you probably won't appreciate this anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Medaka is extremely hard to like for the first 16 chapters or so. That will translate into the first 7-8 episodes of the anime. If you're unable to enjoy her now, that won't change for quite a while into the anime. In cases like that, I would suggest just reading the manga, because you can easily get through 20+ chapters or so in less than an hour.
Thanks for the feedback and advice folks ... I think I may indeed give the manga a try, and if I like it I will look into the anime later on.
Old 2012-04-08, 22:26   Link #357
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Ok, watched the first episode of Medaka's Boobs, err, Medaka's Box

Overall it left a nice impression, but I'm not fully convinced just yet. While on the one hand side she has voluptous boobs, characterwise Medaka still seems a bit flat... but hey, it's the first episode only.
Overall, I'll give it a 7/10. While it didn't knock me off my chair, it was still nice to watch.
Old 2012-04-08, 23:40   Link #358
Kakkou
Tch.

So, for all those who are holding onto that 45 episodes hope, Amazon.jp listed six volumes of Medaka Box, 2 episodes each. That's certainly not the usual ep count per volume of a series slated to go longer than that. Sounds more like this'll be a one-cour series at the moment. It could even be (split?) two cour but any more than that? It's All Fiction very unlikely.

Well, this isn't surprising to me at all so I'll just enjoy seeing Unzen animated and voiced. There's not much else going on anyway.

On the bright side, each volume comes with an original drama cd written by Nisio himself, so maybe he might just slip in Kumagawa in there instead, but I won't be holding much hope on that either.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 00:07   Link #359
Clarste
Human

Well, what's the point of animating this without Kumagawa? Oh well.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:25   Link #360
Sol Falling

If the anime doesn't turn out to be split cour then this will be a complete waste of an adaptation. *sigh* Well, whatever.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen