AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-16, 17:49   Link #121
kboykb

lol this was quite a funny episode.. it got kind of out of hand at points.. but the one thing that I didn't like is how they took Sasuke out of character..

I can count on a hand or two how many times they've caricatured Sasuke (huge eyes.. weird faces.. etc.) in the anime.. the times when Gai showed up is the main one that pops in my head. It's just strange how they have him acting so goofy.

Same for Kakashi, damnit he's supposed to be a laid back perv, not a jiraiya type perv!

But I did like the episode!! I'm not one to complain about fillers, so this one wasn't too bad.

***Also*** is this a goof? Kakashi drops his groceries.. walks off and when they show him in the distance he still doesn't have them.. then he appears behind naruto sasuke and sakura with them in his hand. . . unless he ran back and picked them up when they started chasing him (logical!)..
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:11   Link #122
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Okay, this was dumb. I actually read the special manga chapter ages ago. For those who haven't, the only part that was in the manga was the part where they first treated Kakashi and the prodding of Sasuke before that (in short, the special was... short) The actions done by the characters were completely embellished (Sasuke wiggling? Never in my bloody life...) and the characters were completely OUT of character.
Well actually Sasuke was wiggling in the manga chapter as well

The thing is that the special chapter which was released in the data book and not in the manga was meant to be a simple joke.
It was just an omake, a goofy little extra chapter of 3 pages included for free, it doesn't particulary fit in the timeline of Naruto
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:35   Link #123
kloneo
He eq me, without reason.

THIS eps SUCKED.

its just like the sub-er subbed the second before the story starts , "worst episode ever, ever!" Everybody must have seen that. And it realy WAS the worst eps ever.
kloneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:39   Link #124
OMchan
オムちゃん

I didn't think the episode was that bad. I actually found it kind of enjoyable because they kind of added in some things. But to me, Sasuke and Kakashi seemed a little bit OOC. ^^; And the thing with the other three ninjas was kind of 'bleh'. :P

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:42   Link #125
gamergirlx
I want Kakashi's bells!

Send a message via AIM to gamergirlx
You either like it or you don't. It makes no sense to argue about it. Just look forward to the next episode and pretend this one didn't exist if you didn't like it, but I was very happy with this change of pace and to laugh for a while. I can't believe that bird pooped too... Gross humour, gotta love it. And it was nice to see Sasuke smile...
gamergirlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 19:12   Link #126
lotus_lee

I think it was a nice episode and really funny as well. Looking forward to the movie and Episode 102 now, which should hopefully have some action.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 19:27   Link #127
Zek
Eyebrows...

I'm not normally one to complain, but... This episode was way worse than 97 if you ask me. I understand the need for filler, but just because they can't make story progress doesn't mean they need to make "funny" episodes instead. Compared to this, the second Jump Festa episode was a masterpiece.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 19:36   Link #128
Akinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl
hehe, but i did it !! i skipped naruto from ep 23 to ep 75, and then watched them in a week
LOL, I did the exact same thing. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
my girl actually left me coz of that we were together 2 years then i started watching naruto, then my friends couldn't stop laughing at me for that so she left me for embarassing her because i watch "cartoons" i'm 24 she's 20.

i finally convinced my friends that this is not something kids watch because of the deep story and sometimes the violence. but if eps like this one keep coming out then maybe they where right
Sorry to hear about your girlfriend.
Luckily, I ended up getting most of my friends into anime. :P
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 20:15   Link #129
Ataraxia
-Nihongophile-

Am I the only one who had the misfortune to notice this perversity?
Spoiler:
Ataraxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 20:17   Link #130
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataraxia
Spoiler:
um..........ewwwwwwww

Anyways I can't wait until Sasuke and Naruto fight. It BETTER be good!
AngelKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 20:45   Link #131
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
Hehe, this was a hilarious episode but,

I wanted to see Tsunade and/or Shizune in a towel... not Sakura!!
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 20:52   Link #132
WalDo
Where's WalDo?!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Holy crap I didn't even notice that!! wOw
WalDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 20:56   Link #133
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Quote:
Spoiler:
Havn't laughed that hard (no pun) in a while.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 20:59   Link #134
Jurassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboykb
l***Also*** is this a goof? Kakashi drops his groceries.. walks off and when they show him in the distance he still doesn't have them.. then he appears behind naruto sasuke and sakura with them in his hand. . . unless he ran back and picked them up when they started chasing him (logical!)..

hes hardly gona throw his groceries away lol. he obviosuly went back and got them...seeing as he came from behind them

but yeh i enjoyed that episode. just very annoying that we didnt see kakashis face.

and wtf i didnt notice that nastyness with those 3 guys before :S
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 21:01   Link #135
CastleOrange

That was such a hilarious episode, I couldn't stop laughing.

Edit: Geez you guys need to take it easy on getting so angry about characters being bent a tiny bit. Are you guys so berserk about this kind of stuff in real life? You sound like you are developing schizophrenia. Maybe you need a break from fantasy worlds like anime and a breath of the real world, where people do (omg) sometimes act silly and aren't just "super cool Sasuke" 24/7.

Last edited by CastleOrange; 2004-09-16 at 21:18.
CastleOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 21:06   Link #136
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
ok it was an ok episode,

all of you who say its hilarious, its not taht funny, its a nice change

anyway.. wow they are taking such a huge curve, what about rock lee?? there was nothing about rock lee's surgery...

they should have let this be one of those special episodes, not naruto episode 101..

OMG

I GET IT

NARUTO 101 LOL lol!! :P

edit: there was a whole thread on what kakashi would look like, some people made some very cool sketches / edits of images
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 21:28   Link #137
Jcgamer60
Naruto faNatic

It was so obvious kakashi would say another mask. I just knew he would say that!!!

Not a bad episode
Jcgamer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 22:05   Link #138
Ed1

Lol, can't believe nobody say anything about Sasuke. Like they never made him a funny character, but in this episode, he is funny as hell. In addition, I dont' get why ppl say this episode is stupid. Come on, all funny stuffs are stupid, that's how it's funny.
Ed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 22:16   Link #139
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Now, The naruto anime is based off the Manga which is in the Weekly Shonen jump right?

Shounen jump = for kids in Japan.(12 year olds and such)
YOu guys gotta remember that in japan they have different ratings for what is suitiable for kids and what is not for kids compared to other countries.

Thus naruto the anime = For 12 year old kids in Japan.

Get over it and just enjoy it,
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 22:52   Link #140
odoriman

Quote:
Spoiler:

I had assumed that this was some weird joke or Japanese humour that they always had erections.

This isn't the only time in the episode when they reference it. When they came out of the baths, they were covering themselves with buckets. Also on the farm, when they main guy is holding the crying potion, it looks really like something is bulging. (How could anyone miss that???) Sorry, I don't have a pic.
odoriman is offline   Reply With Quote