AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-16, 16:13   Link #2061
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

grabby hands cinque I salute you!!!!
Old 2011-06-16, 16:40   Link #2062
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Hmm...apparently Tsuzuki wasn't involved in making episode 12...so whatever happens, don't blame him
Old 2011-06-16, 20:21   Link #2063
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I'm gonna go commit suicide now.......

yukki and the gross kind of yuri...
I checked the picture in question, and it's actually very well drawn. Despite being a monochrome image, the art is very expressive, and you can still tell who the characters are. Not to mention if curves on top of curves, simply doing a little petting, is your description of "gross", then I really have to wonder. Even if you can't appreciate the content, from an artist's perspective, it's one of the better pictures made for the series.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 21:00   Link #2064
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I checked the picture in question, and it's actually very well drawn. Despite being a monochrome image, the art is very expressive, and you can still tell who the characters are. Not to mention if curves on top of curves, simply doing a little petting, is your description of "gross", then I really have to wonder. Even if you can't appreciate the content, from an artist's perspective, it's one of the better pictures made for the series.
......you are talking about the "that" one are you? ......... no.. no you cant be talking about that one. suuure the art talent is great... but what goes on in it... just disgusts me maybe not others and I wont judge,just not mah thaang~.

No i think we should just end any disgussion of this right now.

anyways, it makes me giggle that you would think a little petting is gross to me, oh you~

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-06-16 at 21:10.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 23:52   Link #2065
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
......you are talking about the "that" one are you? ......... no.. no you cant be talking about that one. suuure the art talent is great... but what goes on in it... just disgusts me maybe not others and I wont judge,just not mah thaang~.
To make it clear : nobody gives a damn about your intolerance to yuri, especially when this isn't directly related to the anime itself.
Yuri really disgust you? Fine with me, to each it's own. But don't come here stating it repeatedly because you sound like a big fat troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hmm...apparently Tsuzuki wasn't involved in making episode 12...so whatever happens, don't blame him
Any source backing that up? Why would he leave to anyone else the task to finish the serie when he is its creator? :/ Could it be that he is scared of the fans reaction?
Old 2011-06-16, 23:58   Link #2066
EroKing

I will be happy with this series as long as it comes with some nice ecchi specials with the blurays
Old 2011-06-17, 00:25   Link #2067
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
To make it clear : nobody gives a damn about your intolerance to yuri, especially when this isn't directly related to the anime itself.
Yuri really disgust you? Fine with me, to each it's own. But don't come here stating it repeatedly because you sound like a big fat troll.
Its not the yuri really, its the hints pointing to the couple, if leon was a guy I would prob still be saying the same stuff i have been about their relationship.

((Do read the post in your profile first before replying here hehe))

tho seriously, i got no problem towards yuri, just pairings... so lets drop it ok?

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-06-17 at 00:44.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 01:19   Link #2068
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
You act as if this hasn't happened in every harem anime since forever.
Just because this have happened before doesn't excuse Dog Days.
Quote:
It isn't something Tsuzuki only does.
See above!

Quote:
People watch different things for different reasons.
Wel, that I can understand. Which is why I don't come in every single series I hate threads and force my expectations upon them like a bully, like some other people does.

Quote:
I didn't play Ar Tonelico because I considered it the pinnacle of high writing.
In that case, high or low class doesn't matter. It's how interesting, inspiring, funny, whatever you make it to be. Do I think Tsuzuki succeed? No. Is it because it is NOT GRIMDARK enough? NO. Spice & Wolf was as harmless as it is, but managed to entertain me. My problem with Dog Days is that the package have come as harmless yet so soulless as it can be. Utawarerumono was flawed but still managed to be interesting. And Angel Beat was all over the place but was interesting. See a pattern here?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 03:35   Link #2069
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
In that case, high or low class doesn't matter. It's how interesting, inspiring, funny, whatever you make it to be. Do I think Tsuzuki succeed? No. Is it because it is NOT GRIMDARK enough? NO. Spice & Wolf was as harmless as it is, but managed to entertain me. My problem with Dog Days is that the package have come as harmless yet so soulless as it can be. Utawarerumono was flawed but still managed to be interesting. And Angel Beat was all over the place but was interesting. See a pattern here?
I do see what you're saying about Dog Days, but I still think you're simplifying the issue too much. I don't think it's as black and white as you're making it out to be. Yes, more interesting things than Dog Days exist, but that doesn't make Dog Days completely uninteresting.

[I personally dropped Spice & Wolf early on since I found it boring, which I didn't do with Dog Days, so I'll leave that to personal preference.]

Spoiler for Rambling about Dog Days:

Yes, Dog Days is pretty unambitious. That being said, that doesn't mean you can't draw some entertainment from it. I may not have found it as entertaining as K-On or Taishou Yakyuu Musume [both for different reasons], but that doesn't mean I can't find it entertaining despite its flaws. It provided me with a fun adventure through a fantasy land with characters that, while unimpressive and unremarkable, had traits that I enjoyed watching.

Maybe this is the same cliche argument that people saw in Infinite Stratos, honestly. I watched that too and enjoyed it, so I definitely feel as if I can watch anime for shallow reasons.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 06:30   Link #2070
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Spoiler for Rambling about Dog Days:
A large part of the reason for the lack of character development was that Dog Days suffered from classic "Too Many Characters" syndrome. They got away with that, sort of, in Nanoha StrikerS because there had been two full series previous to it, so they could concentrate on just the four new characters. But a brand new series with roughly as many major and significant minor characters as it has episodes doesn't leave any time to focus on each of them.

And I agree with your insight on the problem with the show's climax. This really did feel like a 26 episode plot shoehorned into a 12 episode show.
Old 2011-06-17, 06:59   Link #2071
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Atleast the "Too much characters" issue is not as bad as Oretachi where there is just way too many characters flying around that it's hard to get anything set down, and the viewers are left in the dark about many things except the fanservice. This anime did quite nicely for one season only on trying to get as much characters covered but still having the case like Eclair's older brother being left in the dark.
Old 2011-06-17, 07:01   Link #2072
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

*cough*bleachnaruto*cough*

aaanyways,.. jeez Yukki is really dominating the fanart. i see atleast 70% pictures of her, 30% of other characters.

Go fox girls! *puts on his fox girls team t-shirt and big pointer finger* WooO~
Old 2011-06-17, 09:14   Link #2073
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
while someone else is worrying about the yuri, i'm worried about the yaoi....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 09:19   Link #2074
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Lol okay...so everyone gets off my back...the picture was futanari okay!? Nsure maybe I overreacted sorry.

And I've only seen afew yaoi pics so far...
Old 2011-06-17, 13:51   Link #2075
fullrefund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
A large part of the reason for the lack of character development was that Dog Days suffered from classic "Too Many Characters" syndrome. They got away with that, sort of, in Nanoha StrikerS because there had been two full series previous to it, so they could concentrate on just the four new characters. But a brand new series with roughly as many major and significant minor characters as it has episodes doesn't leave any time to focus on each of them.

And I agree with your insight on the problem with the show's climax. This really did feel like a 26 episode plot shoehorned into a 12 episode show.
My favorites series have an absolute tons of characters(One piece, Negima). It's all about how they are used and the number of episode. I really feel like that they didn't do much in those 11 episode. In fact the biggest problem is that that anime needed more characters. It badly needed baddies. Anyone feel satisfied over the evil sword as the big bad evil guy? At least i don't.
fullrefund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 13:53   Link #2076
Midonin
Last Engage

Not all stories need clear-cut villains. Just conflict. That can come from within, too.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 14:22   Link #2077
Enternal

While everyone is worrying about yuri and yaoi, I'm worrying about furries.... oh wait.

Anyways just like what Loner said, it feels like a 26 episode all forced into 12 episodes (or 13 according to some sources). I mean, this week is supposed to be the last episode right? It just feels weird. I'm definitely looking forward to it but it feels that there is a lot of things that would benefit this show if it was a normal 2 cour series.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 14:34   Link #2078
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Yes, Dog Days is pretty unambitious. That being said, that doesn't mean you can't draw some entertainment from it. I may not have found it as entertaining as K-On or Taishou Yakyuu Musume [both for different reasons], but that doesn't mean I can't find it entertaining despite its flaws. It provided me with a fun adventure through a fantasy land with characters that, while unimpressive and unremarkable, had traits that I enjoyed watching.

Maybe this is the same cliche argument that people saw in Infinite Stratos, honestly. I watched that too and enjoyed it, so I definitely feel as if I can watch anime for shallow reasons.
Shallow seems to be a bad word for describing why people watch anime with little to no plot depth. Almost sounds like having an unoriginal, predictable story is actually a bad thing.

While the overall plot of Dog Days is relatively unambitious, it's been done many times before so the writers know how not to screw up. I can respect playing the story safe for an anime who's main appeal is fanservice and fighting.

I only take issue when the story actively displeases me. This has not been the case with Dog Days (so far). Still, I do feel bad that some hardworking writer out there would have killed himself to have his script in an anime.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 18:03   Link #2079
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Shallow seems to be a bad word for describing why people watch anime with little to no plot depth. Almost sounds like having an unoriginal, predictable story is actually a bad thing.
That's not necessarily what I meant. When I meant shallow, I meant things like I watched Infinite Stratos purely for Charlotte or I watched Rental Magica purely for Kuroha.

Well, I guess I shouldn't be using a word with a negative connotation like that. I was too lazy to think of an alternate word after that post, to be honest.

Edit: Also, I kinda wonder about the 2-cour thing. Not enough happened to fill out 2-cours, in my opinion. I feel like we've just seen 1 light novel animated, while most 1-cour series usually get around 2-3.
Not that I'm objecting to another season of Dog Days, of course.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:01   Link #2080
fullrefund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Not all stories need clear-cut villains. Just conflict. That can come from within, too.
I agree but when the vilain doesn't even seem to be sentient, it's violence for violence. It's not interesting at all. It's like watching a movie with actors and all about early humanity survival against beasts vs a WWII movie. Not that the former is not interesting but make no mistake it's the later that sell tons of movies and games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post

While the overall plot of Dog Days is relatively unambitious, it's been done many times before so the writers know how not to screw up. I can respect playing the story safe for an anime who's main appeal is fanservice and fighting.

I only take issue when the story actively displeases me. This has not been the case with Dog Days (so far). Still, I do feel bad that some hardworking writer out there would have killed himself to have his script in an anime.
I agree but i wouldn't pay for Dog days though.
fullrefund is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen