AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-09-20, 08:38   Link #441
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I'm just messing with you, I actually like the PS2 sprite. What I dislike is your hostile attitude and that tumblr post. I wanted to get back at you since you glorify the PS2/DS sprites and are not willing to accept change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GodHuDstTDQ

Edit : So far this page has been us clashing against each other XDD
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 08:44   Link #442
TheGuraGuraMan

You should check by yourself, on Tumblr, lots are shitting on Steam's sprites problems too, and it's the same on my french forum, sooooo.... it's not like I'm the only one. And this pic of Takano just made me laugh, It's not like I want them to fail her, it's the problems that annoys me, not the fact that we're getting new sprites.

And for example, it seems like many other people agree at Tomitake's muscles being bullshit.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 08:49   Link #443
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
You should check by yourself, on Tumblr, lots are shitting on Steam's sprites problems too, and it's the same on my french forum, sooooo.... it's not like I'm the only one. And this pic of Takano just made me laugh, It's not like I want them to fail her.
That's not the issue. The problem is that if you personally want to give criticism then you should be constructive about it. You need to be constructive and nice when you write your arguments because there are fans such as myself who are upset when someone else is being so rude to something we, I, like.

I understand that statistically it's impossible to please everyone. There are people who hate it, dislike it, don't care about it. And there's me, who likes it and I don't believe that I'm the only one.

Quote:
And for example, it seems like many other people are shouting WTH at Tomitake's muscles too.
Good for them. I wonder where these people were all this time when we had the PC sprites. I'm sure their amazing feedback would have made Ryu realize that he has to follow human anatomy more or hire an artist.
Old 2014-09-20, 09:14   Link #444
GrAVit

I wonder how the artist feels about all this negative feedback.. they must be getting fed up with it by now. So yea, we should aim for constructive criticism instead of bashing them for every little detail.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 09:31   Link #445
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
That's not the issue. The problem is that if you personally want to give criticism then you should be constructive about it. You need to be constructive and nice when you write your arguments because there are fans such as myself who are upset when someone else is being so rude to something we, I, like.

I understand that statistically it's impossible to please everyone. There are people who hate it, dislike it, don't care about it. And there's me, who likes it and I don't believe that I'm the only one.

Good for them. I wonder where these people were all this time when we had the PC sprites. I'm sure their amazing feedback would have made Ryu realize that he has to follow human anatomy more or hire an artist.

Ryukishi isn't a professional artist AT ALL. Now they're finally porting Higurashi on Steam and said to have hired a real pro, so it's not the same. We should expect more than that from one, especially a hentai drawer who should have a good grasp at the human anatomy.

And besides that, he always make stupid errors like Rena's hat, or the colors being weird or not fitting, which could be easily fixed, it's not like I'm asking to remake the whole thing, remember. Don't you want the whole thing to get better ?

Quote:
The problem is that if you personally want to give criticism then you should be constructive about it
I'm the only one giving real constructive criticism between the two of us tough, you just state every time that you like it, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
I wonder how the artist feels about all this negative feedback.. they must be getting fed up with it by now. So yea, we should aim for constructive criticism instead of bashing them for every little detail.
If he does change interesting things and not just the towel which I would be quite useless, then he will undoubtedly earn more of my respect as someone who does listen to others. It's his fault for doing this kind of errors to being with.
Old 2014-09-20, 09:37   Link #446
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I'm the only one giving real constructive criticism between the two of us tough, you just state every time that you like it, that's all.
What?

Quote:
AHAHAHAHAHAplz no.
Quote:
I didn't ask for a gorilla.
Quote:
... what the actual fuck. MANGAGAMER HOW DARE YOUUUUU UNFORGIVABLE
And there are more that I'm too lazy to find and post

Are you being serious? Also add the fact that you capitalize some words to make an emphases, LIKE THIS. I think you need to check what constructive criticism means because sorry pal, insulting, making fun of and criticizing at the same time is not constructive criticism, that's hostile criticism. And you should also be more self aware about how ARROGANT (This is how you do it) you are.
Old 2014-09-20, 09:48   Link #447
TheGuraGuraMan

You understand that you just gave the worst examples that weren't even criticism right ? you should go read my list of request fixes where I gave a summary of those.

And the first quote with Takano's sprite was a joke, isn't that obvious ? There isn't even any sprite to make fun of yet, was just laughing at a parody I found, the "plz no" was even added to state I really don't want that to happen, you're the one getting too nervous here. The two others were just my first reactions about Oishi's sprite (and that's the only time I really did that), the critiques came just after.

Also, I don't know about you, but making fun of something also helps to make the whole thing less serious, that's how I see it when comparing Steam Oishi to a gorilla.

Last edited by TheGuraGuraMan; 2014-09-20 at 10:14.
Old 2014-09-20, 18:39   Link #448
TheGuraGuraMan

Alright, I've got Hou, and I'm going full WTF after looking at the sprites data.

like, seriously.

The 2 new lolis getting this for unknown reasons :
Spoiler for NSFW:

WAT.

Expected to see Hanyu with her casual clothes like in Kizuna, but instead I found an AM suit.

And... THIS.

On the other hand, this one looks pretty damn cool.

Where is that even used tough ? It just appeared for a second in Hinamizawa bus stop.

Talking about it, just rushed Bus stop for now. I read the manga in raw, and it's EXACTLY the same story, with the weird filtered characters we already saw.

They replaced adult Rena by Chie, sounds legit I guess.
Old 2014-09-20, 19:50   Link #449
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post

WAT.
It's the two guys from Rose Guns Days! Boy, I sure do hope they show up in future games too! Maybe the tubby one will replace Rena as 07th Expansion's mascot!

And I feel like I'd still rather read the VN version of HBS than the manga. Is there any new music?
Old 2014-09-20, 19:53   Link #450
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
And I feel like I'd still rather read the VN version of HBS than the manga. Is there any new music?
There was new music in it, but I can't be sure if the music was reused from Higurashi Kaku or Hou.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 06:14   Link #451
GrAVit

I'm guessing those suggestive new loli sprites are a part of Keiichi's hentai imaginations again. lol
I'd be interested in knowing what context those new Hanyuu sprites are used in, though. Isn't she wearing.. a Sakutarou suit like from Umineko no Naku Koro ni?
Old 2014-09-21, 06:22   Link #452
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Isn't she wearing.. a Sakutarou suit like from Umineko no Naku Koro ni?

That seems pretty obvious. Adding the fact Sakutarou also appeared as a cameo in Higanbana.

Also, didn't continue Hou Outbreak yet, but found this screenshot, so it's pretty sure it's a bonus chapter punishment game, or something like that :
Spoiler for NSFW AT ALL:

Last edited by TheGuraGuraMan; 2014-09-21 at 06:37.
Old 2014-09-21, 06:52   Link #453
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Spoiler for From Umineko:

Last edited by Levani; 2014-09-21 at 07:09.
Old 2014-09-21, 07:02   Link #454
einhorn303

Quote:
In Umineko When they Cry, Rosa lies about Sakutarou being made specially for Maria. The truth is that the toy is sold throughout Japan. This explains why we have a cameo in Higanbana. I guess Ryu wanted to use it in Higurashi as well.
Also, at the end of Umineko
Spoiler for Umineko EP 8:

Hanyuu might have the least revealing costume, but she might have the most risk of being taken home by Rena!
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 07:03   Link #455
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Spoiler for Umineko & Higanbana:
I haven't read Umineko, Higanbana and Rose Guns Day yet, so could spoilers from those Visual Novels be put under spoiler tags in this thread?

I hope I didn't just read a very big spoiler
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 07:09   Link #456
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

No, you haven't, don't worry. It's a really minor thing.
Old 2014-09-21, 07:23   Link #457
chaos_alfa

Quote:
No, you haven't, don't worry. It's a really minor thing.
Thanks, I feel better now
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 07:33   Link #458
GrAVit

That's a pretty pathetic punishment for Hanyuu compared to the others. Should've been some like this rather.

kek
Old 2014-09-21, 07:41   Link #459
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
That's a pretty pathetic punishment for Hanyuu compared to the others. Should've been some like this rather.

kek

Well, maybe because the two new lolis fucked with them for the whole arc, while Hanyu is supposed to be on their side ? I don't even get why she would have a punishment like those two.
Old 2014-09-21, 09:07   Link #460
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
Well, maybe because the two new lolis fucked with them for the whole arc, while Hanyu is supposed to be on their side ? I don't even get why she would have a punishment like those two.
Well, I just hope *someone* translates Hou. I want to read those exclusive arcs!