AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-18, 21:02   Link #621
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
Although... I'm curious Sushi-Y... your last post seems to directly contridict a post made by Thelastguardian over in the "Episode 3 Discussion / Poll" thread, which seems to be an ongoing discussion you two were having. I can provide additional links if necessary, but the conversation seems to stretch across page 2/3 of that thread.

So... err... I might have missed something in all the spoiler's on that page. I'll go back and reread them again, and apologize right now if I'm missing something. But isn't Thelastguardian's point there entirely nullified if Mikuru is a "normal human with no powers at all"
? So we're both saying that Mikuru isn't a "normal human with no powers at all", where's the contradiction?

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Mikuru Beam:

Quote:
Spoiler for Sushi-Y's post:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Also... can anyone translate omgwtflolz's japanese quote's from the novel that he transcribed into the wiki? I'm assuming knowing the exact lines from the novels will clear up at least a little bit of the confusion... or just the gist of what he's quoting?
「これは朝比奈さんに元から備わっていた機能なのでしょうか?」
「ない」
「これは涼宮さんの仕業ですね。彼 女がミクルビームがあって欲しいと思ったから、現実がそのように変化したと、そういうことです 」
「そう」

Spoiler:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 21:24   Link #622
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
thanks sushi-Y for the translation!!

your definately a "friend of gaijins'"

But that really is cool, haruhi.....gets fricking everyday!
Old 2006-04-18, 23:24   Link #623
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
? So we're both saying that Mikuru isn't a "normal human with no powers at all", where's the contradiction?

Spoiler for Mikuru Beam:
Thank you ^^

That's exactly what I was hoping for! I've heard suggestions of what your post contains, but not to that level of detail. Sorry for the confusion of that portion of my post, I was just really unsure of the mechanics.

Spoiler for Mikuru Beam:
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 01:04   Link #624
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Speaking of the club, how's that workin' out?
Well... There's the little problem of a fanclub thread not going down well with the mods and I can sorta see why after the Shuffle madness. But at this point Haruhi might not need an organized fanclub due to the sheer mass she's been able to gather and in such a short time too. We can continue discussing it here though I guess.

If a 'club' is set up I really do what to push the 'umbrella' organization idea of an overarching "SOS-dan" to reduce/de-emphazise inter-character-liker conflicts. So that a person doesn't as much join a "Haruhi Club" or a "Mikuru Club" but a "SOS Club with a further specialization in Haruhi/Mikuru" kind of deal and that anything more than mild jibing been members of what is essentially the same club shouldn't be tolerated...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 01:14   Link #625
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
I thought this is a sad, very sad (almost to the emo level) when I saw the title (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya????). Oh dear, look can be deceiving. ._. Is this somekind of attempt to revive the awesomeness of Excel Saga era, or is it trying to beat Excel Saga?

This series is added into my must-watch list! Confirmed! OHNOES I CONVERTED INTO HARUHISM!! must counterattack with Hresvelgr!!! >_<

btw, is it made by Kyoto Animations? (I heard from my friend that it's the same production behind AIR & the remake of Kanon)
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 01:24   Link #626
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

...and Full Metal Panic: TSR and Fate/Stay Night...
Don't worry, you're in good hands

On the subject of the club:
It started out as a bug but grew into some sort of weird prototype signature attatchement...anyways, looking for someone with more skill than me to edit this

hoping to streamline for use with any signature and mabe make it look a little more spiffy.

Last edited by Shirobane; 2006-04-19 at 01:34.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 01:31   Link #627
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
whoa, didn't know that they also make F/SN

*goes to the siggy/avvy request immediately*
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 01:35   Link #628
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Geez. ALl I can say is that I hope they keep some of the humor aspect of the show. Although seeing what it looks like it'll turn into, it won't kill the show to go into serious mode. (at least, not for me )

*yes, I read all the spoilers. stupid me *
Old 2006-04-19, 02:04   Link #629
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Kyoto Animation isn't responsible for Fate/stay night, Studio Deen is.

I WISH Fate was done by Kyoani, at least there wouldn't be any ridiculous 3D polygon dragons if it was done by them. And knowing Kyoani's high animation quality even for combat scenes, Fate would've been godly if it was done by them... *sigh*

Quote:
Spoiler for Mikuru Beam:
Spoiler:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 02:25   Link #630
mr.muffin

Quote:

I WISH Fate was done by Kyoani, at least there wouldn't be any ridiculous 3D polygon dragons if it was done by them. And knowing Kyoani's high animation quality even for combat scenes, Fate would've been godly if it was done by them... *sigh*
Yea... I if onli Fate was done by KyoAni. It would be so much better. KyoAni's animation quality just rocks, they did a really great job with Air too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
*yes, I read all the spoilers. stupid me *
I've got to stop reading all these spoilers too... haven't learnt my lesson even after reading all the Fate Stay spoilers. Surfing the AS forums is dangerous. ha..
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 02:41   Link #631
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muffin
Yea... I if onli Fate was done by KyoAni. It would be so much better. KyoAni's animation quality just rocks, they did a really great job with Air too.

I've got to stop reading all these spoilers too... haven't learnt my lesson even after reading all the Fate Stay spoilers. Surfing the AS forums is dangerous. ha..
Honestly with spoiler scatter all around .. its fun actually.Cookies for them . making me more exicited to keep watching the series.

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 09:33   Link #632
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:

My mistake T_T I kinda took KJ's speculation way back when and never went back to check. Mindyou it was pretty believable until the poor 3d Dragon came in

Last edited by Shirobane; 2006-04-19 at 09:48.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 09:39   Link #633
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but I wonder why Kengo SHIGEMURA was listed in ep0's credits as the "ultra-editor" and "(Kyon)"...

And he seems to have disappeared from the credits from ep1 and onwards.
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 09:54   Link #634
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko
Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but I wonder why Kengo SHIGEMURA was listed in ep0's credits as the "ultra-editor" and "(Kyon)"...

And he seems to have disappeared from the credits from ep1 and onwards.
Because Shigemura Kengo IS an "ultra-editor" much similar to "Kyon" in the original story who was able to splice together that shitty amateur video into something that was at least viewable. In real life, Mr. Shigemura is renowned to be a top-notch professional editor whose godly editing skills are sought after by many tokusatsu SFX and anime productions whenever a situation requires his superb editing skills. He doesn't work for Kyo-Ani, he is an outsourced professional renowned in the industry.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 10:10   Link #635
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Because Shigemura Kengo IS an "ultra-editor" much similar to "Kyon" in the original story who was able to splice together that shitty amateur video into something that was at least viewable. In real life, Mr. Shigemura is renowned to be a top-notch professional editor whose godly editing skills are sought after by many tokusatsu SFX and anime productions whenever a situation requires his superb editing skills. He doesn't work for Kyo-Ani, he is an outsourced professional renowned in the industry.
i found its interesting, so i check this guy out. Doing search at ANN and found this
Quote:
Originally Posted by credit for ANN
Kengo Shigemura
Staff in:
Akane Maniax (OAV) : Editing
Final Fantasy: Unlimited (TV) : Editing
Full Metal Panic! (TV) : Editing
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (TV) : Editing (Studio GONG)
Galaxy Angel A (TV) : Editing
Galaxy Angel Z (TV) : Editing
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (TV) : Editing
Gate Keepers 21 (OAV) : Editing
Girls Bravo (TV) : Editing
Gravion (TV) : Editing
Hellsing (TV) : Digital Editing
Kaleido Star (TV) : Editing
Kiddy Grade (TV) : Editing
Last Exile (TV) : Editing
Najica Blitz Tactics (TV) : Editing
Rumbling Hearts (TV) : Editing
SaiKano: Another Love Song (OAV) : Editing
Submarine 707R (OAV) : Editing
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV) : Editing (Super Editor Kyon)
Yukikaze (OAV) : Editing
He looks pro to me

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 10:38   Link #636
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Spoiler for Another (forced) recruitment banner...:
Spoiler for De Imagine Haruhiae:
Old 2006-04-19, 10:50   Link #637
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
All I want to know is why Haruhui dosn't hate Kyon guts. Kyon the most normal chracter in the show has her attention not sure wether thats a good thing or not.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 10:50   Link #638
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaphanus
Spoiler for De Imagine Haruhiae:
Latin isn't my strong point so...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 10:58   Link #639
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Every great story should be made in the hands of KyoAni. I would love to see a remake of Tsukihime should that be done by KyoAni. Alas, the best we can hope for is the speculation that a TV series of CLANNAD will be picked up by KyoAni (as already speculating how Toei will be doing the movie version....meh)
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 11:02   Link #640
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Every great story should be made in the hands of KyoAni. I would love to see a remake of Tsukihime should that be done by KyoAni. Alas, the best we can hope for is the speculation that a TV series of CLANNAD will be picked up by KyoAni (as already speculating how Toei will be doing the movie version....meh)
I believe the KyoAni version of CLANNAD is pretty much gonna happen, what with Kanon being remade.

A Tsukihime remake would really be a dream come true, and by KyoAni of course. Its been talked about up in the Tsukihime thread.. and i'm sure many people would love it.

And to make sure i'm not off-topic, KyoAni are doing one amazing job on Haruhi.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen