Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-23, 00:46   Link #121
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
So, who labelled the Rising x Rydeen page on TV Tropes as a manga page, again? As opposed to, like, a light novel page?

The latest chapter is supposed to come out around now... are the translators busy?
tmr so shhh
Old 2013-11-23, 02:24   Link #122
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
tmr so shhh
Actually, I'm more miffed at the TV Tropes page than anything else. I'll wait.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 05:33   Link #123
hamadaanime

please some body translate this light novel
hamadaanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 16:25   Link #124
Avaricia
My Lord

Can someone who reads the novel give some spoiler about his status on the current/latest volume?
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 10:07   Link #125
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I dunno who this guy is......but fuck this guy....
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 10:08   Link #126
ImperialFlameGod8190

Randrak I think its the person who Ruri works for and he's mad strong from the looks of it
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 11:17   Link #127
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I meant that, I don't know anything about his personality and such...but I already don't like this guy.
Old 2014-01-02, 13:20   Link #128
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I meant that, I don't know anything about his personality and such...but I already don't like this guy.
Funny I don't like to jump the gun like that but in this case I do and also feel that I just don't like this guy even tho he's only just shown up.
Old 2014-01-02, 14:32   Link #129
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Funny I don't like to jump the gun like that but in this case I do and also feel that I just don't like this guy even tho he's only just shown up.
That's the thing, I don't usually like to jump the gun like that either...but this guy...I just don't like him at all!
Old 2014-01-02, 15:10   Link #130
ImperialFlameGod8190

Let me guess its cause u guys want takara to end with ruri and ruri is fawning over this guy. (granted theres really only ruri electric mikan and aria in the relationship department)
Old 2014-01-02, 16:40   Link #131
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Not exactly, I personally don't rate Ruri that highly compared to the rest...the guy just seems like a dick.
Old 2014-01-02, 17:01   Link #132
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Yea I'm same with Randrak, Ruri isn't really a factor, just simply get the feeling of not liking the guy no matter what.

Ruri doesn't compare well to the others really, the rest are more quirky and likable imo.
Old 2014-01-02, 17:17   Link #133
Flames

I guess I'm the only guy liking Toya so far. He seems like one of those people who takes justice to the extreme. He gets straight to the point and doesn't bull crap around. Heck he even save takara and his group from being smashed by rocks and after that finish off the enemy so there would be no possibilities of him attacking again. It was ruthless yet effective. The criminal deserve that for trying to kill them.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 18:49   Link #134
kenjtr

Lol i figured out takaharas ability he is practically germanium man and its funny how author gave us hint but no one took it seriously , just look at how germanium works you will see how takaharas ability works . But i couldnt come up with any answer to make takahara stronger even with this info , maybe he can store energy and do light atacks but i am not sure about that . Anyway even if i know its germanium i still cant come up with anything

After some thinking i came to conclusion that takahara may have the possibility to shoot beams like kizaru .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 18:49   Link #135
Tenchi Hou Take

I can understand why people don't like him, and honestly I'm leaning that way also. It's really not about his character which we don't really know much of but what he represents. Basically as far as the author as portrayed he's the typical generic "cool" and overpowered antihero, who comes off as a bit of a douchebag. Now honestly in most of other shounens I wouldn't mind it as much, the reason why I imagine the author played that trope so far completely straight in this manga despite it's quirky differences to typical shounens, is because despite as much as Takara wants a tries to be the generic shounen hero, he really isn't. As far as what as revealed so far is latent potential abililty wise is zip, the combat potential of his ability even lower than that.

This whole operation only worked because of his unique brand of charisma, and intelligience and he almost died, or was seriously injured multiple times anyway. Basically the dude worked hard to get this far with as minimal casualties as he did.

The new guy currently comes off as if could solo the operation by himself which is fair enough but then he's also a douche about it (there's a reason why police brutality is generally discouraged) Unless the suspect is resisting you don't randomly harm them because you felt like it and they were bad people.

Combined this leaves with expression than Randrak42 most aptly stated as "fuck this guy".

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2014-01-02 at 19:04.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 19:03   Link #136
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
The new guy currently comes off as if could solo the operation by himself which is fair enough but then he's also a douche about it (there's a reason why police brutality is generally discourage) Unless the suspect is resisting you don't randomly harm them because you felt like it and they were bad people.

Combined this leaves with expression than Randrak42 most aptly stated as "fuck this guy".
To that point I say two things wasn't mikan the same just she had boobs so you could ignore it. And need I remind you that guy blew everything off before Toya saved the group
Old 2014-01-02, 19:18   Link #137
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
To that point I say two things wasn't mikan the same just she had boobs so you could ignore it. And need I remind you that guy blew everything off before Toya saved the group
Mikan was the similar (she was never randomly cruel to her opponents though she was to Takara) but it was pretty obvious she suffered from childhood even in the begining and there was a reason for her overall tsundareness from the start. She was a childhood friend, and everyone could read her like an open book the MC included.

This guy has that and is also a random dick to other people. Now his character arc may progress and there's perhaps a decent chance it will, that he'll end up as a likable character.

But the author was pretty heavily pushing towards that the readers shouldn't like this dude or at not during his introduction.

His overpowereness pushed him into annoying territory from some readers perspective, much like how some readers dislike mary sue's despite them not doing anything to really make you dislike him. His police brutality pushes into fuck this guy territory. Not that I particularly dislike the guy but every part of his introduction, just compounds the annoyingness of the whole situation.

Pretty much you don't have a reason to really dislike him but I currently seriously don't care for him.

Plus lets be honest Mikan is kinda annoying also.
Old 2014-01-02, 19:21   Link #138
kenjtr

After reading manga again i am now 100 percent sure that takahara is Germanium MAN lol , Aria knows takaharas ability i am sure of that but for some reason she doesnt want to say it to him . This is my idea but i think aria gave this ability to takahara for some reason but she doesnt want takahara to get stronger for now so she is being quiet about it . Takaharas ability seems to have many uses other then gel etc... since germanium is used in many things .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 19:45   Link #139
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Mikan was the similar (she was never randomly cruel to her opponents though she was to Takara) but it was pretty obvious she suffered from childhood even in the begining and there was a reason for her overall tsundareness from the start. She was a childhood friend, and everyone could read her like an open book the MC included.

This guy has that and is also a random dick to other people. Now his character arc may progress and there's perhaps a decent chance it will, that he'll end up as a likable character.

But the author was pretty heavily pushing towards that the readers shouldn't like this dude or at not during his introduction.

His overpowereness pushed him into annoying territory from some readers perspective, much like how some readers dislike mary sue's despite them not doing anything to really make you dislike him. His police brutality pushes into fuck this guy territory. Not that I particularly dislike the guy but every part of his introduction, just compounds the annoyingness of the whole situation.

Pretty much you don't have a reason to really dislike him but I currently seriously don't care for him.

Plus lets be honest Mikan is kinda annoying also.
To that I say two things.
1. The guy stopped the group from getting killed and then after he stopped the explosion killed the bomber last time I checked police do the same thing if a guy shoots they shoot back same idea. Like you said there's no good reason to dislike him.
2. I never said Mikan wasn't annoying I just said her boobs make u ignore that fact
Old 2014-01-02, 20:16   Link #140
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
To that I say two things.
1. The guy stopped the group from getting killed and then after he stopped the explosion killed the bomber last time I checked police do the same thing if a guy shoots they shoot back same idea. Like you said there's no good reason to dislike him.
2. I never said Mikan wasn't annoying I just said her boobs make u ignore that fact
The guy was begging for his life before the dude attacked him. The police don't do what your implying unless they're corrupt. If the suspect has given up they restrain them. They don't attack the suspect, especially not overboard in that arrack.

Who said boobs make me ignore the fact. There a difference between between some that attacks an enemy harshly and said enemy has already surrendered and one that did not.

Tags
action, harem