AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-07, 01:20   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 746 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

And we're back! Here's the summary of the next chapter, fresh from a long Golden Week break! As always, credit goes to Aohige and Redon from AP for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Stars". Splash page features Law and a walrus.

-Doflamingo announces that there's no escape from the island now, and that it's useless to attempt communicating with the outside world. Around the island, we see more friends and loved ones forced to fight each other, and Fujitora uses his gravity ability to suppress his soldiers. Meanwhile, we switch to Usopp's group, where Bartolomeo is busy fangirling over more of his heroes. Kinemon is present at that gathering, as well.

As the townsfolk realize the truth behind the incident from a decade ago, Dofla explains the rules of his bounty game: There are twelve targets to hunt. Each of them are rated by a number of stars, and each star is equal to a prize of 100 million berry. Thus, the list of targets to hunt are:

Quote:
Luffy = 3 stars
Zoro = 2 stars
Robin = 1 star
Franky = 1 star
Kinemon = 1 star
King Riku = 3 stars
Rebecca = 1 star
Viola/Violet = 1 star
Kyros = 2 stars
Law = 3 stars
Sabo = 3 stars

As for the last target, Doflamingo reveals it to be none other than....... God Usopp, whose bounty rating is a whopping FIVE STARS!!!

-Soon enough, the "game" begins. Pirates start gunning for Usopp, but Barto protects him with his barrier and Sabo takes command to help lead their group to safety. Meanwhile, Kinemon goes elsewhere as he continues his search for Kanjurou. Amidst the chaos, Luffy speaks with Rebecca via denden, confirming that the toy soldier was indeed her father. He apologizes for not letting her get the mera fruit, but tells her to hold her tears and stick with his crew, as he'll end this game.....

-Law (who's still cuffed, BTW) objects to taking down Doflamingo, as he needs to be a live target for Kaidou. Toppling him now will just redirect the emperor's wrath towards THEM instead. Luffy replies that that's irrelevant, considering the state the country is in right now. They can't afford to stop at this point. With that being said, he carries Law and, along with Zoro, heads back towards the palace to kick Doflamingo's ass....!!!

Heh, heh, Usopp with a 500 million bounty. Man, I'd love it if the marines actually gave him that price after this arc ends. Imagine how dumbfounded all the people who argue about how high Zoro or Sanji's bounty hikes would be if they saw that USOPP of all people surpassed Luffy's price, lol. Heh, it actually resparks my curiosity of how high Buggy's bounty would be by now if he weren't granted amnesty....?
Old 2014-05-07, 01:43   Link #2
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

LOL Sanji's not even on the dang list, did the guy die or some thing? You'd think Dof would consider him a third possible threat since he and the others left. What the heck happened to you Sanji?

Hey'll freak when Zoro gets an updated bounty fight with Dof

Poor Usopp, hate to say but you kind of deserve it for trying to run but hey
It's going to be fun to see every one try and protect him, hope the guy gets more chances to shine since they are after his head.

Think Bart's going to join Dragon's army at the end of this arc? Seems possible right now, though he'd also fit in with Luffy / Usopp / Chopper too

I love Luffy, that last bit was awesome! Go Luffy! Kick Dof's ass!

Wonder if Zoro will actually help Luffy and Law fight Dof?

Over all fun chapter, we won't be having another break next week right?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2014-05-07, 01:45   Link #3
marvelB

BTW, Usopp makes yet another variation of the Eneru "shock" face this chapter. Boy, we sure are getting a lot of those this arc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Wonder if Zoro will actually help Luffy and Law fight Dof?
Maybe, but I'm personally leaning towards him finishing things up with Pica. There's also Gladius and Baby-5, though I doubt either of them would be a major threat for Zoro (hell, Franky already took care of B5 last arc, lol). Well, I guess Kyros could take care of those 2 if he's heading back to the palace, as well.....
Old 2014-05-07, 01:52   Link #4
schedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
LOL Sanji's not even on the dang list, did the guy die or some thing? You'd think Dof would consider him a third possible threat since he and the others left. What the heck happened to you Sanji?
Sanji is with Nami, Chopper, and Momonosuke on the Sunny and sailing to Zo if I recall. (Refer to Chapter 730 for a better clarification).
Old 2014-05-07, 02:04   Link #5
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by schedmaster View Post
Sanji is with Nami, Chopper, and Momonosuke on the Sunny and sailing to Zo if I recall. (Refer to Chapter 730 for a better clarification).

I think he already knows about the trip to Zou, but is talking about the possibility of Sanji making a surprise return or something like that (and remember, Dofla WAS present when Sanji's group sailed away from Dressrosa).
Old 2014-05-07, 02:11   Link #6
II Maestro

What Usopp got 5 stars while Luffy & Law only got 3 stars what an interesting rating from Doflamingo.
Old 2014-05-07, 02:15   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
What Usopp got 5 stars while Luffy & Law only got 3 stars what an interesting rating from Doflamingo.

It actually makes a lot of sense, though. Dumb luck or not, Usopp was the one responsible for knocking out Sugar. Sugar, who was essentially the heart of Dofla's operation in Dressrosa. Of course the brunt of his wrath is going to be directed at our wimpy little friend for making him fall neck-deep into a sea of poo.
Old 2014-05-07, 03:18   Link #8
n0m@n
C-Z

Ussop never fails to amaze me.
I guess he would make the strongest pair if he teams up with Buggy lol.
Old 2014-05-07, 03:23   Link #9
WiliamZ0

Poor Usopp. Wish him good luck. I know he will get his punishment one of these days due his lie
Old 2014-05-07, 03:25   Link #10
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

well Luffy's real bounty supposed to be 400mil...
Dofla is quite a cheapskate
Old 2014-05-07, 03:29   Link #11
Veviticus

All hail god usopp for freeing us from 10 years of slavery..what..he's worth 500mill?!? Fuck it, let's kill him!
I am disappointed in those slaves.
At least I got a laugh out of usopp's 5 star reveal right after he thought he was safe from being targeted.

I thought it would be more one sided against doflamingo, but it turns out, the majority are after the bounties since they want quick cash, or believe it's easier to take down the 12 than it is to take down doflamingo and his army.
Old 2014-05-07, 03:35   Link #12
danielevo

WTF, poor ussopp..

what nonsense here is why fujitora keep protect doflamingo ? he doing bad thing right ? why fujitora not go after him ? someone can explain ?

and i have feeling that sabo will fight with CP0, maybe they have some conversation about world nobles..

and we also dont see kanjurou, and princess fairy yet..
Old 2014-05-07, 03:37   Link #13
ri0

Who the wanted persons are, was quite predictable, so no real surprises there. Although the greedy faces of Usopp's "followers" and his shocked face after a falsly supposed escape from Doflamingo's list were really hilarious.

The main thing I wanted to know in this chapter was Fujitora's reaction and if he goes against Doflamingo. That he still pursues the Pirate Alliance is interesting, even though he still tries to restrain the controlled people.
Perhaps, in his eyes, that's the best way to keep the innocent civilians safe.

And though this might just be the early, bad translation I found Bastille's statement, that they can't catch Doflamingo really interesting. I mean they know where he is and they have an admiral, who is able to fly battle ships over the sea, on their side...
Old 2014-05-07, 04:33   Link #14
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I laughed out loud at the Usopp reveal. Did NOT see that coming.

Slightly disappointed that Fujitora didn't turn on Doflamingo even though the latter is clearly killing innocents and marines alike.
Old 2014-05-07, 04:59   Link #15
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
I laughed out loud at the Usopp reveal. Did NOT see that coming.

Slightly disappointed that Fujitora didn't turn on Doflamingo even though the latter is clearly killing innocents and marines alike.
It's obvious that the Marines are not acting on their own accord, they act by orders from above, and apparently Don Flamingo is to important.

★★★★★ star God Ussop, hahahahahaha, i laughed, but at that same time, this news will somehow spread around the world to, meaning Ussop will gain a certain status
Old 2014-05-07, 05:02   Link #16
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Haha, I loved Barto's fangasming over Robin and Usopp. How did he find out the truth about Enies Lobby though, I guess from rumors originating from the Water 7 folks?

Dressrosa citizens are severly underestimating the mere 12 people that need to be caught (eventhough it's understandable, it sounds like the easier path). I have to wonder, what would happen if the game would end in Dofla's favor? Would Dofla move out of the country?

Usopp being the prime target was hilarious in its own way too, and unsurprisingly most of those pirates turned on him right away.

So Franky got away somehow, I'm guessing he got help from someone because he was beaten down pretty badly. Nothing some cola won't fix, right?

Shame that Fujitora still won't go against Doflamingo, presumably because despite all this shit he's pulling he's still a shichibukai.

So the 2 sides look roughly like this?

Allies:
Straw hats
Law
Kinemon (and Kanjurou?)
Royal family
Tontatta
Rebel army

Enemies:
Dofla family
Dressrosa citizens
Unscrupulous pirates/gladiators
Marines

I'm guessing some other pirates will still ally with Luffy (such as Don Chinjao), as well as the (former?) royal soldiers.
Old 2014-05-07, 06:52   Link #17
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

What about the rest of crew? Did they manage to escape birdcage or trapped inside still battling a Yonkou ship?
I have a feeling like next arc will be about Big Mam taking the entire crew including Thousand Sunny hostage and forcing Luffy to confront her at some specific location.
Old 2014-05-07, 07:03   Link #18
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I'm really more and more under the impression that Oda is implementing string theory in One Piece. I mean the way Doflamingo can apparently create clones and even TV screens with his strings heavily supports that. If that's the case though, he can pretty much create anything, because the foundation of all matter are tiny strings according to that theory in theoretical physics.
Old 2014-05-07, 07:17   Link #19
noktown

Law mentioned that he kept Donflamingo alive only to have him destroyed by the Yonkou,which once again brings up the question,is he bluffing or he could really defeat the Birdman ?
Old 2014-05-07, 07:41   Link #20
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
He didn't say he "kept Doflamingo alive", he just stated that the original plan did not include killing him. However, with the combined strength of Luffy, Zoro and a somewhat recovered Law, it's very well possible to take him down. Law did at no point, though, indicate or suggest that he could do it alone.