AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-01-20, 21:41   Link #1
shadowhacker

Unhappy gundam x licensed?

is gundam x licensed?
shadowhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 22:00   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Gundam X isn't licensed according to AnimeOnDvd.
Old 2004-01-20, 22:38   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

"When it comes to Gundam it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when'"

Something like that...
Old 2004-01-21, 09:45   Link #4
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
"When it comes to Gundam it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when'"

Something like that...
Yes. Quite simply, Gundam is Bandai's. Past, present and in the future.

However, for fansubbing purposes no, Gundam X is not 'licensed' as such. Bandai are only concerned with already released and announced for release parts.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 05:24   Link #5
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
I think he's asking mainly because suteki yume have stopped seeding 1-18. As in it is no longer listed on ASuki. So I guess if your hunting for those 18 eps you should head out to #suteki_yume on irc.mircx.com and request it. I'm sure someon there has it and they can just dcc it to you. If you were really just wondering if it was licensed or not then the other ppl have answered your Q.
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 08:49   Link #6
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

If you can still find some episodes of a series on AnimeSuki, or if the
inactive links are merely marked as "Inactive" and not "Licensed",
then the series is NOT considered licensed by us. PERIOD.

We can't link to episodes that don't exist (anymore). Missing episodes
are not a sign of a series being licensed.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 05:24   Link #7
kamij0

gundam X 19 is out
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 14:07   Link #8
7thMethuselah

Licensed or not Gundam X was the WORST gundam ever...

It's not licensed i think and most epi can be found at kazaa...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 14:39   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Licensed or not Gundam X was the WORST gundam ever...

It's not licensed i think and most epi can be found at kazaa...
Bah... It's one of the best. You didn't just watch the kazaa episodes and wrote it off did you? Because those horrible quality files don't do this series any justice.
Old 2004-01-24, 20:52   Link #10
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Bah... It's one of the best. You didn't just watch the kazaa episodes and wrote it off did you? Because those horrible quality files don't do this series any justice.
I tought the chick was annoying (not to mention she didn't have any personality at all), the main guy was plain dumb, it lacked a cool character like there were in other gundam series. I quit the show at epi 20-25 or so just couldn't stand it anymroe
Old 2004-01-24, 21:00   Link #11
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I tought the chick was annoying (not to mention she didn't have any personality at all), the main guy was plain dumb, it lacked a cool character like there were in other gundam series. I quit the show at epi 20-25 or so just couldn't stand it anymroe
Ah that's why... You see, the good part of the series STARTS when you quit (when they head off to space), so you've missed out... Plus the fact that I really think that people judging a series before they see the whole thing isn't being fair at all.

And Jamil is pretty cool (especially when piloting the Gundam X Divider) and Tiffa has quite a bit of personality and her romance with Garrod is probably one of the best done in Gundam. As for Garrod, I don't see how he's "dumb", so please explain that.
Old 2004-01-25, 12:35   Link #12
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Ah that's why... You see, the good part of the series STARTS when you quit (when they head off to space), so you've missed out... Plus the fact that I really think that people judging a series before they see the whole thing isn't being fair at all.

And Jamil is pretty cool (especially when piloting the Gundam X Divider) and Tiffa has quite a bit of personality and her romance with Garrod is probably one of the best done in Gundam. As for Garrod, I don't see how he's "dumb", so please explain that.
So THATS why I hate so many serieses! I'd better go continue where I left off O.o. [/sarcasm]

Could someone please tell me the difference(if anything significant) between the gundams?
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 16:08   Link #13
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Ah that's why... You see, the good part of the series STARTS when you quit (when they head off to space), so you've missed out... Plus the fact that I really think that people judging a series before they see the whole thing isn't being fair at all..
I know I usually don't judge a series afetr seeing only a few episodes, but I saw 23 (I looked it up) of 39 episodes and I still didn't like it all at . After seeing 2/3 of a show I think I am entitled to give my opinion about it even if it hasn't finished yet. At the time i felt like there wasn't really much of a story present, and I really missed a character I really liked...

Quote:
About Tiffa, she hardly ever speaks or does anything in the first 20 epi, she just sits there, it might change later on but at that point she was just a piece of furniture to me... and the Garrod dude just rushes into everything (comes with his youth I guess), well I disliked him from the start ...

Jamil however was enjoyable but not enough to save Gundam X for me...

But this is off course only my opinion
Old 2004-01-25, 17:49   Link #14
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
About Tiffa, she hardly ever speaks or does anything in the first 20 epi, she just sits there, it might change later on but at that point she was just a piece of furniture to me... and the Garrod dude just rushes into everything (comes with his youth I guess), well I disliked him from the start ...
Tiffa gets a lot of development later on, she gets much friendlier as she gets to know the people around her better, and yes she does speak a lot more too. As for Garrod, he's a bit goofy, yes, but he's no idiot.

And yes, one of the biggest reasons for the cancellation of this show is because of the slow and generally crappy beginning, but as many will tell you it gets pretty intense and *good* later on.

Anyway, I just didn't like the way that you stated that this is the worst Gundam ever as if it were a fact, even though you didn't even bother to complete the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralti
Could someone please tell me the difference(if anything significant) between the gundams?
If you didn't know, Gundam is a war drama... So each series would be a different story set at a different time and place. In the case of the AUs (X is one) they set place in a different "universe" from the original Universal Century, so the technology, human physique/power, history, etc would all be different.
Old 2004-01-25, 18:20   Link #15
method

The main difference in the gundam series can be summed up in UC vs AU.
UC series: MSG,0080, 08th Ms team, 0083, Zeta, Double Zeta, Char's Counterattack, F-91, Victory. They all share common bonds and themes and are based in the same universe.

AU series are series that were created to rejuvenate the gundam franchise after the commercial failure of Victory.

G gundam is the black sheep of the family. It drops the war theme and and goes with a tournament style battle system to see which country will rule the universe for 4 years. It features the gundams performing stunts similar to Street fighter.

Wing is the most well known of the gundam series outside of Japan. No need to go on further about that.

X haven't seen it, but I've heard of it described as a what if scenario of the colony drop from MSG and deals with the aftermath of multiple colony drops.

Turn A. also haven't seen this.
Probably the most unknown gundam series there is.
More info can be found at www.mahq.net
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 18:54   Link #16
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
X haven't seen it, but I've heard of it described as a what if scenario of the colony drop from MSG and deals with the aftermath of multiple colony drops.
More importantly it's meant to be a mix of UC and AU, a UC style world with a scenario as Method described, though with AU "style"--super powerful Gundams (offensively though, not defensively) that look more like those of G and W than those of UC, different story exposition (the war doesn't start until after Ep 30 or so), and villains that aren't the corrupt or overly idealistic politicians from UC. And it's a series that centers more on Newtypes than most of the other ones (and not just how "they reach understandings with each other" like Tomino's shows)

Quote:
Turn A. also haven't seen this.
Probably the most unknown gundam series there is.
Probably because it's the most unpopular gundam series there is...?

I would say that this is more of a black sheep than G Gundam is... It features the most unorthodox mobile suit designs and settings (takes place in a time period where Earth has early 20th century technology while the enemy, the Moonrace, have super futuristic technology), plus it seems to be more of a mix of UC and AU than even X... Super powerful "Gundams" with regenerative powers (similar to those of the Devil Gundam) and super attacks ("Shining Finger" and "Moonlight Butterfly"), a focus on characters rather than battles (similar to the OVAs), and a distinctive Tomino style that's only seen in UC.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-01-25 at 19:17.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 19:23   Link #17
method

Most of the people who have seen Turn A said that they enjoyed it. The mobile suit design is what throws most people off of Turn A. Then throw in that it came before digisubs and is just now being subbed decently. G gundam suffers from the the DBZ with gundam label and that throws off some people who hate DBZ. Another thing Turn A has Tomino at the helm to that garners some positive press for it.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 20:39   Link #18
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
Most of the people who have seen Turn A said that they enjoyed it. The mobile suit design is what throws most people off of Turn A. Then throw in that it came before digisubs and is just now being subbed decently. G gundam suffers from the the DBZ with gundam label and that throws off some people who hate DBZ. Another thing Turn A has Tomino at the helm to that garners some positive press for it.
It's still getting much less fansubbing/ripping support than Gundam X though. For some reason there are more rips/fansubs of X than G and Turn A, even though the latter two are generally more critically acclaimed... I guess that's what happens when Sunrise does things a bit too differently.

BTW here's an IMO pretty good review of Gundam X which pretty much sums it all up (including possible explanations for its unpopularity in Japan and its good parts): http://www.fantoysia.com/mania/serie...X/rvw_X_tv.htm

Last edited by brightman; 2004-01-26 at 01:11.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote