AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-15, 10:55   Link #1881
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Frankly setting up stuff in a way that people would kill each other among family members, friends and lovers sounds a lot more cruel and villain-like than a psycho killing everyone with his own hands to me.

Old 2010-12-15, 11:01   Link #1882
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah. That takes a very cold and calculated mind rather than some psychopath. Considering the relative complexity of the events since the first murder of Ep1, this seems to be the modus operandi of a mastermind, and such a character seems much more fitting for a story like this than a completely crazy one.
Old 2010-12-15, 11:10   Link #1883
Cao Ni Ma

Blog info about EP8 for those who are asking about it

Spoiler:

Translated by this forums own LyricalAura
Old 2010-12-15, 11:15   Link #1884
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... he's giving a choice event in Ep8 where you get to choose the truth you have come to based on your playing and deductions throughout the series, thus affecting the ending?

That's actually a rather fascinating idea, having only one critical option to make in the series based on the culmination of your entire experience.
Old 2010-12-15, 11:56   Link #1885
Cao Ni Ma

I think I remember seeing the kanji for the last part and instead of it being something like "tough" it was more like "perverse" or "sickening".

What I got from the blog + interview was that he was having a hard time conceptualizing how he's gonna finish it. Im pretty sure he has a definitive answer but was having a hard time on how he was gonna lay it out to us, so he decided to have it with multiple choices. The "bad" choices might show us a different truth that might lead us to the correct one.

Dont know! Im really exited about it though, its coming out in a little over 2 weeks now. Finished the semester, have WoW to hold me over, gonna re-read all of umineko about 4 days before the new episode comes out. Good times all around.
Old 2010-12-15, 14:42   Link #1886
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Spoiler for Yasu:
Old 2010-12-15, 21:06   Link #1887
witchfan

I already read this blog post, as well as that part of the interview, and I didn't find anything relevant to how straightforward the answer will be. Maybe it's just my horrible Japanese (ask me how long it took me to slug through EP7), but I don't understand what you base your claims on, Marion. Has he stated anywhere that he won't be as straightforward as Higurashi? Mind, Higurashi required us to piece the solution ourselves, too.
Old 2010-12-15, 21:15   Link #1888
tcaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchfan View Post
I already read this blog post, as well as that part of the interview, and I didn't find anything relevant to how straightforward the answer will be. Maybe it's just my horrible Japanese (ask me how long it took me to slug through EP7), but I don't understand what you base your claims on, Marion. Has he stated anywhere that he won't be as straightforward as Higurashi? Mind, Higurashi required us to piece the solution ourselves, too.
Previous interviews.

He's likened it to how people get more of a sense of satisfaction in MMO's when they have to work for equipment, but if the game just handed it out, you'd just be "oh cool" and be done with that.
Old 2010-12-15, 23:53   Link #1889
witchfan

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I don't recall there being a comparison of Higurashi and Umineko there (but I may be wrong), nor did he straight out define what "just handing out the answer" means. I'm guessing the solution will not be given to us on a silver platter, in the sense that, to understand it we at least must have made some progress in solving the mystery - which we have - but a bold claim such as EP8 will not lay out the answers, needs more justification than just one's unsubstantiated interpretation of an interview, especially when one implies it to be fact.
Old 2010-12-16, 00:21   Link #1890
Kurizu204

You know i don't even know why people complained about higurashi revealing everything. I actually like that better then being vague as hell and telling your readers "i hope you paid attention lolololol" or "everything you think is true but maybe not cat box lol!"
Old 2010-12-16, 01:46   Link #1891
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Heaven forbid readers have to pay attention to the story they're reading.
Old 2010-12-16, 02:00   Link #1892
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides

Being vague, but still providing hints along the way is what would make a mystery worth reading. If readers are not paying attention then it's as if they were not reading at all. I wonder how much fun it'd be if the truth was told right away with no reservation or build-up...
Old 2010-12-16, 03:34   Link #1893
Axilios
Golden penguin

Send a message via MSN to Axilios
http://darenome.wordpress.com/2009/0...i07-interview/

Is everyone talking about this interview? With the apple and everything else?
Doesn't fit with ep7 at all, to me. ep7 was really something like"answers on a silver plate", if you take it litteraly. The only things not that were not CLEARLY said were things that are not relevant to the murders. Talk about a red apple...

Well. A lot of people are saying that "It's an old interview, now he has changed his mind", but I find this reasonning stupid, personally. (and by the way, this interview is not sooo old).

I believe there was a direct comparison with higurashi in the interviews of ep 1-4, but it was about the ending.

And even with a context and even IF it makes sense with ep7 events (it will be hard), it will be REALLY, REALLY hard to find something which also work perfectly with what Battler is saying to Ange at the end of ep7... (If you take ep7 as "the complete answer" of course.)
I mean, even if there is a stupid excuse for "them" somewhere, people still die by their fault.
(the "them" is here because I don't feel like putting a spoiler tag for one word.)
Old 2010-12-16, 04:08   Link #1894
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Which is why people say EP7 Teaparty was just Bern being an asshole.
Old 2010-12-16, 05:19   Link #1895
Cart

May contain spoilers about the "yet non translated" part of episode 7
Spoiler for Tea Party from Episode 7:
Old 2010-12-16, 09:20   Link #1896
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Which is why people say EP7 Teaparty was just Bern being an asshole.
Well it does fit her personality just right don't you think? Besides she stated she was not the Game Master, which means she actually doesn't know the truth. This doesn't stop her from going into a different Fragment to form her own theories, like she's done before and did in EP7.
Old 2010-12-16, 09:54   Link #1897
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think what Bern actually meant is that she didn't make the story she wanted to make but just the story she was commissioned to show.

I mean, we can have some doubts about the EP7 tea party but what came before was definitely something that Bern did. Certainly that catbox didn't exist in any reality. Plus it is apparent that the pieces were being maneuvered by someone.

Old 2010-12-16, 14:23   Link #1898
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I personally thought Bern was going for a "I'm not the Gamemaster, YOOOOOUUUU ARRRRE" She's talked to the readers before. Like twice atleast.
Old 2010-12-16, 18:44   Link #1899
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I personally thought Bern was going for a "I'm not the Gamemaster, YOOOOOUUUU ARRRRE" She's talked to the readers before. Like twice atleast.
Readers? Us? If I remember right, Judoh mentioned something similar to that sometime ago (said he found it in some other forum).
Old 2010-12-16, 21:01   Link #1900
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Might've been me. I remember stating that point of view somewhere else a long ass time ago.
Closed Thread