AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-12-22, 03:54   Link #2661
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So does this mean that if the need arises, all her spirits would force their way through their gates without summoning and help her without her using any of her magic?
Well, they could, but simply being on earth drains their power, and using their own to force the gate open deteriorates their condition quite a bit...just goes to say what they'd do for their beloved summoner.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 11:21   Link #2662
kitten320

Virgo seems to be among most loyal spirits.
Old 2010-12-22, 13:53   Link #2663
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Who likes being punished. Although she has yet to receive any XD
Old 2010-12-22, 15:36   Link #2664
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I wonder why there is not more discussion about Virgo coming out and rescuing Natsu and Lucy without being summoned? Before, the only spirit willing to do that was Leo/Loki.
Not quite true. Virgo may have summoned herself to give her key to Happy to pass on to Lucy.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 23:06   Link #2665
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Nice episode. I'm really hesitant to enter or start any shipping wars, but I gotta admit, I liked the Lucy/Natsu moments here, and how she held him as they went over the falls. And I also like the fact that it's because Lucy is so good to her spirits, that they will do things like this for her, popping into the real world on their own to assist her, using their own magic to do so. It makes her a more powerful Celestial Mage, than the others.

Erza/Jellal moments were nice, too. Erza really captured that feeling, showing that Jellal is still her friend, but that she's strong enough to not fall for tricks while also reprimanding him for the shit he's done. And of course, for shipping angles, it could be read as simple friendship or as something more, although I lean towards close friendship.

I haven't really liked any of the FT OP songs, but I gotta say, this one is starting to grow on me. Well, maybe the second OP I sorta liked, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 03:10   Link #2666
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I haven't really liked any of the FT OP songs, but I gotta say, this one is starting to grow on me. Well, maybe the second OP I sorta liked, heh.
I still don't like any of them, which is strange for me. They just come off as such poor works. Doesn't help that none of the songs interest me. ED's have been alright. Watchable sometimes.
Old 2010-12-23, 06:49   Link #2667
blewin

oh geez... Natsu's totally useless in this episode. Him and transport!

Great moment there with Virgo, and she gave Lucy and Natsu matching clothes too (though Natsu, being thickheaded, never did notice). And we see Gray coming through again. Lyon is also ok. Though it's a transition episode, I quite like it.

The bad guy turning good is cool too. hehe.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:00   Link #2668
king12354

I watched first few episodes of Fairy Tail but the plot seemed too simple to me. Has it picked up in terms of storyline?
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:07   Link #2669
Clarste
Human

It goes into bigger and more involved arcs that aren't as stupid, but there's still not much overall main plot movement, although there are hints that a main plot exists.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:54   Link #2670
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Each of these 'bigger' arcs usually also revolve around a main character's back story.

But in all honesty, Fairy Tail should be watched for the fun.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:57   Link #2671
king12354

Meh, I watched for fun enough times. Guess I'm getting old now. I want better, deeper content.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 00:12   Link #2672
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It goes into bigger and more involved arcs that aren't as stupid, but there's still not much overall main plot movement, although there are hints that a main plot exists.
On the manga side, the main plot is finally kicking into gear, so it does eventually happen.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 04:25   Link #2673
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Each of these 'bigger' arcs usually also revolve around a main character's back story.
True enough, out of the 4 people who make the "main team" (sorry, Happy ) 3 have been explored in-depth. I'd say there's quite a bit of development in every arc, except one.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 05:02   Link #2674
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Speaking of arcs, they actually didn't cram this arc into 1 anime season. They are definitely slowing down the pace alot.
Old 2010-12-24, 05:32   Link #2675
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Speaking of arcs, they actually didn't cram this arc into 1 anime season. They are definitely slowing down the pace alot.
Not really. There's a lot more material to cover in the Oración Seis arc, though it's much better to take it one step at a time with the adaptation. There's certainly no slowing down of the pace apart from that one episode when Nirvana first started.
Old 2010-12-24, 09:47   Link #2676
jenchiuk

Hey I'm quite confused about the anime situation... so is fairy tail anime going to end at ep 61 or is it going to go further?

Though I believe the anime can still go further due to materials from the manga?
jenchiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 11:03   Link #2677
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenchiuk View Post
Hey I'm quite confused about the anime situation... so is fairy tail anime going to end at ep 61 or is it going to go further?

Though I believe the anime can still go further due to materials from the manga?
There's no mention at all that the adaptation will end at episode 61. It'll carry on past the new year.
Old 2010-12-24, 12:50   Link #2678
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Meh, I watched for fun enough times. Guess I'm getting old now. I want better, deeper content.
There is a bigger plot in the background, and we do get hints to that in every arc. Most arcs have been character explorations, usually of multiple characters and how they intertwine, which is done quite well. We really get to know our heroes in the context of serious action and lighthearted comedy.

But yes, the main plot is picking up more and more as it goes along, and each of the main characters seems tied into it somehow, even if they aren't quite aware of it.

Natsu - his link with Igneel, the fire dragon (Gadjeel and Wendy would be int his vein as well, since they are bother DS's as well)
Lucy - her mother died the same time the dragons disappeared; it could be a coincidence, but I'm betting it's not, heh (see the episode where she returns home and sees her mother's tombstone).
Erza - links with Jellal, who was controlled by Ultear, who has some kind of interest or link with Zeref, who is supposedly a powerful dark mage from long ago (this was all covered with anime episodes; the manga has a bit more on it with the current manga arc)
Gray - Ul, who taught Gray Ice Magic, has a daughter: Ultear, although he's currently unaware of it (By extension, Lyon would have the same link)

I believe that's all been revealed in the anime so far, without introducing any manga spoilers. Fairy Tail is primarily a nekama-style manga that explores each of the characters rich backstories, while also setting up plot points for the main arching plot which the series is gaining more and more speed as it runs in that direction. So far, the main plot consists of the dragons (of which Lucy's mother seems connected somehow), Jellal, Ultear, and Zeref. Something happened 7 years ago that caused the dragons to all disappear, and the mystery behind that is slowly being revealed.

It's a well-written series, with a nice blend of action and humor, and with girls kicking as much butt as guys, which is a refreshing thing to see coming off stuff like DBZ and One-Piece where it's 95% guys doing the fighting.

If you like looking for the subtle clues to try and piece together a mystery, you'll love Fairy Tail. It's a bit deeper than you would expect at first glance.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 17:48   Link #2679
jenchiuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's no mention at all that the adaptation will end at episode 61. It'll carry on past the new year.
Ok thanks!!
jenchiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 07:57   Link #2680
Ash Falls Town

Spoiler for Episode 60:

Since this is the end of the cour does anyone know if were getting a new opening?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen